IGNORED

Hodnetts converting Scotland, or England, or...who knows? Part 2

samurai_sarah

Palimpsest

I think it has to be a Scottish Church and pastor\minister to sponsor him for the visa.  So his American pals and fellow "missionaries" can't help.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gobsmacked

• Palimpsest

• Lurky

• samurai_sarah

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, come on, we've all figured out that what Jody is really doing is "mystery dining" at every fish & chip joint he hears or sees about.  When he gets back stateside, then he can publish a "Hodnet

It's so obvious that the Lord is telling Jody he should be doing a food kitchen/soup kitchen ministry.  He adores food. I don't get why Jody isn't hearing this.  Jesus is standing on his shoulder scre

Well spotted FrumperedCat. The old church building is possibly being sold because of upkeep costs. It probably has dry rot, wet rot, creeping damp, woodworm, a very old boiler, ancient plumbing a

Posted Images

Gobsmacked

I'm plumping for Light house Baptist then. When Jody posted pics of him street preaching in Dundee the Lighthouse church folk were there. 

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...
Gobsmacked

Any one seen anything about Jody recently? I'm having Facebook problems so can't find him easily. 

Thank you in advance.:beer:.

• Upvote 1
Palimpsest

I just checked in on him.  He isn't updating very often or being very interesting.  Let's see:

1. In October he cancelled his Community Center service to combine services with Lighthouse Baptist Church in Carlisle "due to circumstances beyond our control."  They seemed to be offering to bus people to Carlisle.
  2. November 12:  He had his first baptism 11!!!Eleventy!!!!!11  Let us all pray for Sis. Ellis Marr.
  3. And "It was a blessing to have 38 in attendance today for our Christmas Eve service at Bible Truth Baptist Church of Dumfries."

I think that last one is a miracle, considering.

Ginger has more news.  They got on the wrong train from Carlisle and accidentally went to Edinburgh instead of Locherbie, but it was someone else's fault.  Jody dressed up as Santa and that delights me.  So unShrader-like.  The younger daughter, Savannah, is now 8 and very pretty, little Jody is still adorable, young Autumn definitely looks more like Ginger every day ...

Oh nooooooooo!  It looks as though Ginger has jumped on the MLM bandwagon with Young Living.  Say it ain't so, Ginger.  You will lose money with that scam.  Stick to Tupperware, that is at least useful.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1
Gobsmacked

Thank you and a very happy new year to you Palimpsest. 

Its really really difficult to catch the wrong train on the east coast line!!! I travel on it every three weeks to check on elderly parents. 

WOW!!!!!!

Im truly Gobsmacked !!!!!!!!!!

Happy 2018 everyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2
On 12/31/2017 at 2:25 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Happy 2018 everyone.

And a blessed perihelion! 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Gobsmacked

Because I’m bored I popped to Jody’s Facebook page. Nothing much happening. Lots of videos of Pastors and singing families from the US. Lock down will have stopped Jody’s shenanigans also. Sadly he appears to have regained the weight he lost. His grafting talents must still be working if churches are sending him money for doing nothing. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

I thought I found the part I need for my car on O'Reilly Auto Parts' website, but it looks like I can't get it at this time. 
      (Please, please, please, please, please click the link! The joke only works if you see it. I promise it really is the auto parts site! )
      For those who can't or won't click:

· 1 reply
    • Cartmann99

Cartmann99

A few weeks ago, I was telling @HerNameIsBuffy about the generously sized single carrot I received from Imperfect Foods. Well, today I got two more monsters in my box. I ordered a pound of carrots and a pound of sweet potatoes, and this is what they gave me:

At its widest point, the sweet potato is nine inches in diameter, while the carrot tops out at seven and three-quarter inches. I kinda feel bad about my plans to eat them, as these two are definitely large enough to pursue careers in the adult film industry.
      · 3 replies
    • Bethella

Bethella

Fuck. Both of my interns are in quarantine. One is positive, the other is a close contact (her exposure was from her roommate, not the other intern). I know six other people who are or were sick within the last month and at least four other people who've had to quarantine after close contact. Things were supposed to be getting better. 😷

· 0 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

I think most of us on FJ dislike the way many of the fundies talk about "training" their children. I've often read FJers post, "You train a dog. You teach a child."
      I would also bet that most of us don't think about humans as being "well bred", like a good breeding line of purebred dogs. 
      I'm a bit nauseated right now from reading the phrase "well bred" applied to human beings so many times. What bullshit.
      And apparently, I think too much.
      · 3 replies
    • FluffySnowball

FluffySnowball

Wishing everyone on FJ a very happy month of Ramadan and lots of peace and blessings ✨🙏
      · 1 reply
    • Bluebirdbluebell

Bluebirdbluebell

I feel like we need a Rachel Hollis snark thread. She landed in a lot of trouble recently after a bad TIKTOK video. She isn't fundie, although she is the daughter of a Pentecostal minister.  I've been watching videos on Youtube about her, both from before the scandal and now. I didn't know much about her, but I'm catching up.
      · 1 reply
    • louisa05

louisa05

Conservatives on mask mandates: they’re just trying to make people comply with government rules. Resist!
      Conservatives after yet another police shooting of an unarmed black man: He should have complied with the police’s orders.  
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

47of74

There is no Dana, only Zuul

· 0 replies
    • WiseGirl

WiseGirl

I have a pile of old vintage handkerchiefs with lace crochet edges. Anyone have any ideas on how to display or use them? My grandmother made some of them. Time to get them out of the drawer.
      · 2 replies
    • K'Z'K

K'Z'K

Attention Massholes!
      There will be a drive-through J&J vaccine clinic in Rutland (near Worcester) on April 19-22, and as of this writing--about 9:30pm on Sunday, April 11--there are tons of slots open on all but the first day. Anyone who lives (or works?) in Massachusetts and is over 18 can sign up now.
      https://www.rrecc.us/vaccine

[And for everyone else: yes, people from Massachusetts are called Massholes. People from elsewhere started calling us that as an insult, but we ran with it. Vaccine demand is wicked high here, so it's hard to get appointments. Hence the public service announcement.]

Side note: I know that J&J allocations are dropping this week, but I presume, or at least hope, that they've planned for that and either already have the vaccines on hand or will get them.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.