IGNORED

Hodnetts converting Scotland, or England, or...who knows? Part 2

samurai_sarah

Ginger has posted some photos of Pastor Keith and his family on her Facebook page. 

Jody Jr is a really cute baby. 

I still think that Jody is in line to take over when/if pastor Keith goes home.

• 1 month later...

Jody is still in Carlisle. After no news on church website for ages, he and Ginger joined other folk from the church at Dinner in a pub/bistro type place. His ministry is to eat his way around the Carlisle area me thinks.

Not very exciting really.

• Upvote 7

I guess I should be pleased Jody is so quiet, and under the radar, because that "gimme" video was a real shocker - especially taking the story of poor Tressa Middleton (raped by her stepbrother, gave birth aged 12, gave the baby up for adoption, and after teen years with drugs and alcohol to dull the pain, turned her life around) and making it sound like Tressa was a sinner, not a victim - well, I was expecting a much more entertaining mission-cationer.  But, for the sake of everyone he encounters, I'm glad he was just doing the fire & brimstone to raise the cash, and is focusing on hanging out with friends and having a lovely holiday.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I guess I should be pleased Jody is so quiet, and under the radar, because that "gimme" video was a real shocker - especially taking the story of poor Tressa Middleton (raped by her stepbrother, gave birth aged 12, gave the baby up for adoption, and after teen years with drugs and alcohol to dull the pain, turned her life around) and making it sound like Tressa was a sinner, not a victim - well, I was expecting a much more entertaining mission-cationer.  But, for the sake of everyone he encounters, I'm glad he was just doing the fire & brimstone to raise the cash, and is focusing on hanging out with friends and having a lovely holiday.

I remember Tressa  story when it was first published in the paper, she wasn't named but the story of a pregnant 11 year old was a huge story, at the time she named her brother's friend as the father. It was her full brother who raped her. I read her book she tried her best to parent Annie but she was immature and still dealing with her brother's betrayal and eventually decided to allow the adoption to go ahead, her family didn't support her for reporting her brother and not fighting the adoption. 

For Jody to use such a tragic and rare story as a way to get supporters for his mission as sick.

• Upvote 9

He also used the story of the women who killed her three children. Again a tragic story used to fill Jody's greedy pockets for his Holiday spending money.

• Upvote 7

Taking the story of Tressa Middleton, and using a picture of a teen who committed suicide to raise money was despicable.  I dunno why I actually expected him to do youthwork with vulnerable kids but I'm SO glad he's not

• Upvote 5

Whatever he is doing , he is doing it very quietly. 

His face book page appears to be private. I'm not signing for his Twitter! 

I believe he took Ginger to Paris for their anniversary. She posted pics of the Eiffel Tower on her photography website. 

Not bad being able to do that with no jobs!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

He also used the story of the women who killed her three children. Again a tragic story used to fill Jody's greedy pockets for his Holiday spending money.

The woman in that story was American and a home schooler, her kids were never allowed out her sight and as her behaviour was getting erratic. Her ex stood a chance of getting custody. She isn't a lot different from a lot of fundies we follow on here. She took her controlling behaviour to a horrible extreme and those 3 kids were brutally murdered.

• Upvote 5

The whole thing was tragic. She needed a lot of mental health help. 

Jody wasn't very understanding or Christian to choose to use the photos of the family in his video to gain money for his extended Scottish/English holiday.

Jody may not believe that mental illness exists of course.

Edited by Gobsmacked
Soelling
  • Upvote 1

I'm reading this and following along - I can't believe whatever church is sending him is just sitting back, sending $$$ and not asking "what are you doing??" It boggles the mind. 

Mission-cation indeed!

• Upvote 2

This could be interesting if it's also public.

Jody Hodnett

4 hrs · Lockerbie, United Kingdom · 

Do you ever have questions that you'd like to ask a Missionary? We want you to have that opportunity. Submit your questions for Bro. Jonathan Skean, the Missionary that we will be interviewing Live on FB this Thursday night. Private message me your question(s) before Midnight Wednesday.

Will anyone ask WTF they're doing with all that money?

• Upvote 7

He has a bit more word salad in an earlier post, my bolding:

From my perspective, one of the challenges that we face in World-wide Missions is connecting the Missionary to the Church. Many times the Pastor doesn't know very much about the Missionaries they have in to present their ministry. I don't have the answer to remedying this. However, I believe there is a solution to introducing Pastors and Churches to perspective Missionaries before they meet. I am very grateful for the advancement in technology that allows us all to communicate so freely around the world. I have long thought that this technology could and should be used in the ministry.

I think he means prospective missionaries not perspective ones.  "Connecting the Missionary to the Church" means he's interviewing people who want to be missionaries in order to improve their grifting potential with naive donor churches.  

There is an enthusiastic response from the Tafts to South Sudan.  Caleb Taft is an electrician from Alabama who has only raised 20% of the support needed for him to go and pester people in refugee camps with his version of Christianity.  :angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead:

• Upvote 6

I wonder if he is musing on/giving clues about the initial problem he seems to have had in Dundee?

He was supposed to go to Livingston? He ended up in Dundee for a very short time then popped up in Lockerbie (by living there he is 'still missionary to Scotland' so has stretched the truth to keep his leghumpers happy). The church he has connected to is in England although his money givers don't appear to have realised this wee fact yet.

He appears to have had problems being connected to a church? 

Edited by Gobsmacked
Muddled. Still is
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

I wonder if he is musing on/giving clues about the initial problem he seems to have had in Dundee?

Whatever actually happened, you can be sure Jody won't discuss it truthfully & publicly.

• Upvote 5

He is certainly the opposite of John- boy. He doesn't appear to blow his trumpet very loudly. More hiding under the parapets really.

• Upvote 4

@Gobsmacked, you forgot Glasgow!

Jody originally had a heart for Livingston but God said Glasgow instead.  At the very last minute God changed their destination to Dundee.  After a few weeks God decided  they "needed" a better house than they were renting in Dundee so the Hodnetts ended up living in Lockerbie but driving to church in Carlisle.

God is so fickle.  Or Jody had no plan at all.

4 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He doesn't appear to blow his trumpet very loudly. More hiding under the parapets really.

He's afraid donors will find out how little he is doing.  I really want to see his prayer letters about converting purveyors of fast food in Scotland and Beyond. :angry-tappingfoot:

• Upvote 8

On 25/04/2017 at 6:26 PM, Palimpsest said:

@Gobsmacked, you forgot Glasgow!

Jody originally had a heart for Livingston but God said Glasgow instead.  At the very last minute God changed their destination to Dundee.  After a few weeks God decided  they "needed" a better house than they were renting in Dundee so the Hodnetts ended up living in Lockerbie but driving to church in Carlisle.

God is so fickle.  Or Jody had no plan at all.

He's afraid donors will find out how little he is doing.  I really want to see his prayer letters about converting purveyors of fast food in Scotland and Beyond. :angry-tappingfoot:

He probably thought Livingston had links to David Livingstone then discovered that it didn't.  Glasgow only likes religion if it has a football team connection (I'm only half joking). 

• Upvote 8

Jody has found his calling. Interviewing other missionaries about how to be missionaries.

He held his first live interview yesterday evening, speaking to Bro Skean currently in the Ukraine. Or Russia. Jody introduced him as a missionary to Russia but he is in the Ukraine. Not sure. Not going back to listen because it has an annoying time lapse thing going on at Jody's end.

Any way, Jody seems to have found some way of proving that he is worth the cost to his sending churches!

Edited by Gobsmacked
  • Upvote 7

Oh, man.  Jody really needs to hone his interviewing skills.  That wasn't good.  I did glean a bit of interesting info although I was doing something else while I listened.

59 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He held his first live interview yesterday evening, speaking to Bro Skean currently in the Ukraine. Or Russia.

Actually neither.  Bro Skean is currently still on Deputation in the US (at 81%) but he has his tickets to Ukraine purchased for July.  Praise God.  Amen.  

His rather posh website is Grace2Russia.com but he is going to Ukraine.  He does seem to know that Ukraine and Russia are not the same country.  Unlike Jody and probably his donors.  Amen.

He does not have a missions board, perish the thought.  He has a clearing house through another church.  He recommends this because he only has to be accountable to the pastor of his sending church.  And the clearing house doesn't charge him fees.  Praise the Lord.

KJV only. Naturally. He's been called to preach since he was 7.  He's also been called "Little Pastor" since he was knee-high to a grasshopper.  Amen.

He went to Bible college (not named). He's done Rosetta Stone and one course in Russian.  His wife speaks Ukrainian.  Only two children so far. Praise God.

He's going to be persecuted because of the new law (in Russia) against evangelising and handing out leaflets.  He'll do it the old fashioned way.  Amen.

People don't read Prayer Letters.  That is dreadful.  Pray for and send your missionary a note every so often you ungrateful donors.  Thank the Lord for your missionaries.

The end.  Amen.

• Upvote 7

On 4/25/2017 at 6:11 PM, Gobsmacked said:

The church he has connected to is in England although his money givers don't appear to have realised this wee fact yet.

I mean, Carlisle's practically in Scotland, anyway *airy hand wave*

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, man.  Jody really needs to hone his interviewing skills.  That wasn't good.  I did glean a bit of interesting info although I was doing something else while I listened.

(snipped)

The end.  Amen.

Love it!! You are do much braver than me!!

I gave it a few minutes, heard about the two daughters, one a newborn, then gave up.

Jody has perhaps been asked "What is it you actually do in your ENGLISH church?"

Unless Pastor Keith is handing over to Jody, then he is the missionary to Carlisle. Jody is just sharing the doormat.

Mods , sorry in advance for not snipping. I'm a dinosaur.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snipped for you.
  • Upvote 5

Way to go Jody!!

This is what he had to say:

jody hartnett snark.PNG

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Oops. I'd better hide for a while. Off to prayer closet. Send rescue ferrets with goodies please?!!!

You done good, Gob!  Chickenshit seems to be majorly redoing his FB page.

• Upvote 6