IGNORED

Hodnetts converting Scotland, or England, or...who knows? Part 2

samurai_sarah

Re: Jody's shout-out to @Gobsmacked. Good job, Gob! Ol' Jody is feeling the sting.

Perchance he's worried about some of his suckers donors reading here and finding out just how little (= NOTHING) he's done while grifting their money.

To quote the Bard, "A hit, a very palpable hit!"

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: Jody's shout-out to @Gobsmacked. Good job, Gob! Ol' Jody is feeling the sting.

Perchance he's worried about some of his suckers donors reading here and finding out just how little (= NOTHING) he's done while grifting their money.

To quote the Bard, "A hit, a very palpable hit!"

A hit, indeed.  Judging by his girth, I'd venture to guess that he's eating up all that money.  Or still researching that "Scottish Roadfood" book he ought to be writing.

Hi, Jody!  Lighten up on the fish & chips, man, you're asking for a cardiac arrest.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Way to go Jody!!

This is what he had to say:

jody hartnett snark.PNG

We're just attracting them lately. Between the Nauglers and Jody Hodnett, FJ is getting even more Fundie famous! :D

• Upvote 6

Congratulations, @Gobsmacked.  Wear your medal of honor proudly.  Sending ferrets ... wine, beer, whiskey or tea?

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

We're just attracting them lately. Between the Nauglers and Jody Hodnett, FJ is getting even more Fundie famous! :D

We also got a lot of attention from Former Vision Forum Folk yesterday, see the DPIAT thread.  They never read here!  Never!  :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 6

44 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Congratulations, @Gobsmacked.  Wear your medal of honor proudly.  Sending ferrets ... wine, beer, whiskey or tea?

We also got a lot of attention from Former Vision Forum Folk yesterday, see the DPIAT thread.  They never read here!  Never!  :laughing-rolling:

Medal pinned on! Wine would be a smashing, also Turkish delight chocolate!!

Im having technical problems right now. My phone will not let me go to the next page on a thread. I'm here but lurking. I've managed to see this page because of your post!! Phone booked into O2 Guru later. Hope he can fix the problem.

I will zip across to DPiaT thread now. Will possibly only be able to see page one though.

• Upvote 6

@Gobsmacked, wine and choccy smothered Turkish delight on their way.

I don't think it is your phone because I'm having the same problem.  I'll post a question in tech support.

• Upvote 5

since I know he's reading I'll give him some advice. Go to the David Livingstone museum in Blantyre, South Lanarkshire and see how real missionaries do it. It's right next to the river Clyde and if you cross a foot bridge their is Bothwell Castle, it has links to Mary Queen of Scots.  

If you want to help some of the poorer areas in Scotland start by volunteering with charities that help them. 

• Upvote 7

Jody has a new video up. The great revival of religion in Scotland is going to begin in a community centre in Dumfries in July.  This is going to involve Jody preaching and free chicken from KFC. ( very kind of KFC, I'm not knocking that).

He has permission to pester folk in a coffee shop in Lockerbie on Wednesday evenings during May also.  For practise for the main event maybe?!

Jody is pleased that Ginger is not pregnant. Not often Fundies say that.

Ginger is going to teach a young girls group to sew. Now that IS a useful thing to do for the community. 

Edited by Gobsmacked
Remove word
  • Upvote 6

Well now, that was interesting.  I'm beginning to get quite fond of Jody.  He is quite a breath of fresh air and a palate cleanser after John Shrader's latest escapades, which are bordering on criminal.

Some of that video was aimed directly at us, fellow Jingerites.  We critics upset him but he's trying to deal with it with a sense of humor.  And he's surprisingly honest.

Jody wants to make it clear to us that his burden is for SCOTLAND.  He admits he didn't have a plan because he was waiting on the Lord.  He also admits he's been spinning his wheels for the last 6 months and was getting all depressed about it.  His pal down in Carlisle has been comforting him as his wheels spun.

The Lord has finally stepped up to the plate with this coffee shop plan and the community center idea and he is overjoyed.  See, if you wait on the Lord He always comes through for you.  Amen.

The coffee shop thing is only one evening a week through the end of June.  The people at the community center in Dumfries are really excited about his plan to plant a church there, or so he says.  I doubt it will be the beginning of a Great Revival in Scotland but Jody is as happy as a clam.

I'm surprised the community center is allowing preaching so I wonder what really went down.  Perhaps they are desperate for activities and teachers and Jody does come over as a cuddly teddy bear.  Wait until they hear him in action.

Time will tell.  Jody is going to have to be careful about what he preaches in both places or he will get kicked out in short order.  It is rather sweet that Ginger can teach the girls to sew, but I can't imagine the community center will tolerate hate speech about teh ebil gays.  

With Jody it always comes back to food.  Let the kids have their fair share of KFC, Jody.  It was donated to community center not to you.  I still think you and your fellow "missionaries" are idiots who waste time, energy, and your donors' money.  Try to do some good work in Scotland and please keep the preaching and attempts at converting people to a minimum.

Little Jody Junior is absolutely adorable.

• Upvote 8

I wonder what happened to his original plans? Before he arrived on Scotland's chilly shores he seemed very upbeat.  It's odd that everything seemed to fall apart so soon.

If his initial idea was to begin street preaching, he would have had a very rude awakening that IS for sure. 

Ginger's plan is a good idea. Not many schools teach sewing properly these days. Younger colleagues of mine could barely sew buttons on unless they had a Grandma/older relative to teach them. 

• Upvote 6

Plans?  What plans?  God makes plans, not Jody!

He's a naive and upbeat kind of guy.  He probably thought he'd land in Livingston, Glasgow, Dundee, Lockerbie, stand on a street corner and the Scots would throw themselves at his feet pleading to be converted to true Christianity.

Instead he probably found street preaching too wet, chilly, and challenging as people just walked past and ignored him.  Perhaps he also chickened out of street preaching when he learned about Tony Miano's arrests.

Ginger's sewing classes may be what is attracting the community center, not Jody's preaching.  It is a really good idea.  They were already looking for a teacher as some of the girls are interested in learning.  I hope she teaches some of the boys too.  They need to sew on their own buttons.

• Upvote 8

He will make a great Santa Claus at Christmas. Most community halls have parties for the younger children and the OAP lunches. I'm not being snarky with this comment, he really would as he has a chuckily laugh. (Probably not a real word , but explains what I mean!)

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He will make a great Santa Claus at Christmas.

I agree.  He probably won't do it though.  His brand of Christian usually thinks Santa is an evil LIE!

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I agree.  He probably won't do it though.  His brand of Christian usually thinks Santa is an evil LIE!

I hope He and Ginger have fun Christmas's for their kids.

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

Just coming out of the cupboard to say that Jody is asking for prayers for his new church. He is asking for prayers for One church in Dumfries.  Dumfries has a few churches of different types.  His leghumpers will read it as THE only church in Dumfries.  I realise that it will be the only REAL church. HaHaHa. (Sarcastic giggles)

The money spent on this whole endeavour so far could surely have been spent far more wisely on Jody's home turf. Food banks, after school clubs with supper provided for kids with working single mothers/fathers etc? Loads of ways.  :angry-tappingfoot:

Ok, back to my cupboard.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Format.
  • Upvote 8

Whenever I see an update here, a Scottish accent always pops into my head and I say to myself "Och, I wonder what the poor wee hodnetts are up to today? 

Hopefully they become an asset to the community. There are always ways to help, and teaching sewing is useful, and something that some young people really enjoy doing. 

Edited by Inky
  • Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Given the silence over in Zambia I spied on The Hodnetts for the first time in a while. 

Jody is currently grifting £3,000 + for a large ministry vehicle. Good value, low mileage apparently. His own car failed it's MOT. A family pal has set up a Gofundme page.

• Upvote 6

On his FB page. Sorry I can't quote. I just popped over to check. The post is still there. They have a supporting church who are going to match any amount made on Gofundme by 6pm yesterday evening.

Edited by Gobsmacked
Added a bit
  • Upvote 6

On 20/06/2017 at 10:35 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Jody is currently grifting £3,000 + for a large ministry vehicle. Good value, low mileage apparently.

Wait, hang on, they have a family of 5, and you can pick up an MOTed car here that would fit for around £500!  They weren't planning on being here forever, were they?

Ugh, grifting thousands of pounds - ESPECIALLY in the context of things like the Grenfell Tower disaster - is so typically Fundy.  "We want top of the range, but of course we won't pay for it".  It's especially weird that they're grifting when they give so little information about what they're doing outside of preaching to the converted and Ginger's sewing class...  But then, I think all Hod-watchers know how I feel about these no-plan, low Return on Investment types.  And hey, I best Jody's doing better than Shrader and HIS net gain of 3 souls in 3 years.....

• Upvote 8

I hope no one donates to him, Britain has had terror attacks and the Grenfell tower fire to deal with, money should be being raised for the victims of those incidents. Scotland may have areas of poverty and problems but as a country it doesn't need a preacher telling us about Jesus, their is still problems with catholics and protestants in Scotland, marching season usually highlights those who are bigots. I have experienced it personally, it's not as bad as it used to be but it's still an issue. Jody is not going to win over many people.

• Upvote 11

• 1 month later...

I have been neglecting Jody terribly. I just checked in on him and he's been a very busy boy recently.

Highlights:

• His "church" in the community centre has a website:  http://bibletruthbc.uk/
  • He gave a homeless man 50p and took him along for fish and chips.  
  • He went to a parade in Lockerbie for Gala Day.  He didn't bother to learn about the origins of Gala day and Common Ridings.
  • He's doing a sales pitch for cheap flights to the UK with Norwegian Airlines.  Why?
  • The GoFundMe for the Family Van hasn't reached its goal.  Only $1,850 of $3,000 so far but Ginger has a Paypal account so you can donate there too.
  • His latest favorite late night snack is olives with peppers and cheese.
  • Ginger's Eiffel Tower charm got stuck in a fan.  (Have they done a side trip to convert Paris?)
  • They had 70 people turn up for a barbecue on July 1st.  If you feed them they will come.

His first "church" service was supposed to be on July 2 but there have been crickets since then.

Perhaps no-one came to church!

Edited by Palimpsest
typo
  • Upvote 10

That's what I thought ! I have been keeping a sneaky side eye on Jody and his adventures. Nothing to report though. He did take Ginger to Paris for their anniversary though. Not sure if the kids went along. 

Had folk had turned up for church, Jody would surely have posted some photos for publicity purposes. Also to show his Humpers back home, to prove that he is actually working not vacationing.

• Upvote 7

While it is nice that he took Ginger to Paris for their anniversary and bought her a charm for her bracelet, wouldn't it have been better to use that cash for the new Jodymobile?  :confusion-shrug:

I just noticed on his church website that he is planning a week long "Tent Meeting."  13-20 August at 7pm nightly.  No details as to the location.  Why a tent?  Has the community centre already given him the boot?

Hey, Jody!  Will there be food at the tent meeting?  I could possibly pop on a cheap Norwegian Airlines plane and come on over to swell the crowd.  But I'll only do it if you promise to provide me with decent grub!

• Upvote 9