IGNORED

Submitted for your approval: Body language

MamaJunebug

It's harder to find info about general body language online than I thought! Most has to do with guy/gal reading (and most of that has to do with gals reading guys in a potential-romance sitch).

Since none of us, I think, are looking at DP et.al. as potential romancers, but since most of us are gals snarking merrily on guys' posture(s), here are two I found worth copying. I added the emphasis.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/flirting-body-language-of-men.html

So, now that we are off to a good start, the flirting has begun. Coming to the next step in the flirting body language men use, he will get his machismo on. When interested or flirting with a woman (or other slightly feminine men, for that matter) they will get all "manly". They have been noticed, by several aware women, to have a specific stance. Their head will be slightly tilted to one side. Their legs will be apart (a little) and shoulders will be squared. The chest will be out, the gut in and hands on the side. Lastly, their feet will be pointed towards the woman. These are classic cues to understanding body language of flirting men.

http://www.ivillage.com/18-body-languag ... z1YyG1CJSs

He'll spread his legs while sitting opposite, to give you a crotch display. He's letting you have a good look at what's on offer. Hopefully, he still has his jeans or pants on at the time.

I'm sure there's also dominance factoring into the buffalo stance (apologies to buffalo everywhere). But since we've more than once chuckled about a low level of self awareness with a lot of the leaders [sic] we dissect, I thought the above might be reasonably on-target.

Dougie is so obsessed with his manly manness that I don't doubt he is showing us all how perfectly masculine his manhood(anaconda) actually is.

Deep down, Doug must be very insecure.

I wonder if part of Dougie's costumes are a manly sock to stuff down his underoos? Whenever I see Captain Morgan's rum, I think of Dougie. You just know he would love a good fruity drink with an umbrella in it. :P

Guest Anonymous
Whenever I see Captain Morgan's rum, I think of Dougie. You just know he would love a good fruity drink with an umbrella in it. :P

Served by an intern dressed in a pirate costume!

Every time I see Dougie in the Buffalo Stance, I'm reminded of another guy--Idaho's very own wide standing, airport bathroom cruising, "not gay" former Senator Larry Craig. Coincidence? I think not.

Oh, and if Dougie's trying to display his anaconda with his wide stance, those pleat front khakis are defeating the purpose. Dougie, you might try something in a nice leather hot pant instead. :scared-eek:

Every time I see Dougie in the Buffalo Stance, I'm reminded of another guy--Idaho's very own wide standing, airport bathroom cruising, "not gay" former Senator Larry Craig. Coincidence? I think not.

Oh, and if Dougie's trying to display his anaconda with his wide stance, those pleat front khakis are defeating the purpose. Dougie, you might try something in a nice leather hot pant instead. :scared-eek:

How about Dougie in nice defrauding bike shorts?

Hey interns! Yeah, you---- why don't one of you suggest to your intrepid leader that he lead a bike tour of, hmm, let's see, the beach cities here in LA. Nice flat bike path, good scenery and lots of chances to be defrauded by the heathen hordes of beach goers.

I found this on a site about accurate fiction writing, with the topic being male body language:: http://www.learntowritefiction.com/gender-differences-male-body-language/

Men often stand with their legs apart, both feet firmly on the ground. This is a dominant posture. Other men will usually mirror it (meaning copy the same stance) in response.

Thumbs tucked into the belt or top of the pockets, framing the genital area – used to show a sexually aggressive attitude.

Head up, chin out, one hand holding the other behind the back – used by men in positions of authority.

Um, sound freakishly familiar?

21kcpqp.jpg

6syvrt.jpg

148q24l.jpg

50jeok.jpg

I know I mentioned it on another thread, but dh and I call it the Important Guy Stance. He'll be all, 'look... that guy must be so important... he's got The Stance.'

I know I mentioned it on another thread, but dh and I call it the Important Guy Stance. He'll be all, 'look... that guy must be so important... he's got The Stance.'

Queue music in 3...2...1

So what does it say about me that I as a female often adopt this pose? :lol:

well, according to the same website-

Women who want to draw attention to themselves put their hands on their hips combined with a pelvic tilt. May also put just one hand on the hip and gesture with the other.

Women are four times more likely to mirror another woman (copy her gestures or body posture) than a man is to mirror another man. Women also mirror men’s body language (whereas men don’t mirror women, unless they’re attracted to her).

and that the reason for the pelvic tilt is because the

Pelvic tilt – emphasizes the waist to hip ratio (a waist that is 70% of the hip size is most attractive to men)

So basically, a man stands like that in order to let you know he is ALPHA MALE MANLY and when a woman does it, she's the alluring seductress :)

Archived