IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

8 hours ago, Mecca said:

I hope they keep Barron out of the limelight, personally. I think it is disgusting that people were targeting him and saying such mean things about him. He is just a little boy and he did not choose to be part of this shit show. 

Amen. Personally, I feel any child should be kept out of the limelight. If he decides to join up with his siblings in a decade, and work in the family businesses, at that point, he would be fair game. Until then, I hope we don't see a single picture or video of him.

8 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

He looks like he's aged 10 years in the last month. I feel like I"m watching time lapse photography when I look at anyone in Trump's inner circle. Bannon looks like he woke up in jail after a three-day bender. Kellyanne Conway looks like she's disintegrating before our very eyes. Completely lacking a moral compass appears to age a person very rapidly. 

Kellyanne looks like she's been torched at the stake, she looks fried. Of course, when you dance with the devil, you get burned.

"Trump’s two-year presidency". A couple of points:

Good news: In two years, we’ll have a new president. Bad news: If we make it that long.

My “good” prediction is based on the Law of the Pendulum. Enough Americans, including most independent voters, will be so ready to shed Donald Trump and his little shop of horrors that the 2018 midterm elections are all but certain to be a landslide — no, make that a mudslide — sweep of the House and Senate. If Republicans took both houses in a groundswell of the people’s rejection of Obamacare, Democrats will take them back in a tsunami of protest.

Once ensconced, it would take a Democratic majority approximately 30 seconds to begin impeachment proceedings selecting from an accumulating pile of lies, overreach and just plain sloppiness. That is, assuming Trump hasn’t already been shown the exit.

Trump’s childish and petulant manner, meanwhile, further reinforces long-held concerns that this man can’t be trusted to lead a dog-and-pony act, much less the nation. Most worrisome is how long Trump can tolerate the protests, criticisms, humiliations, rebuttals and defeats — and what price he’ll try to exact from those who refused to look away.

I agree, when he goes down, he's going to drag lots and lots of people with him.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Tangerine Toddler's Tantrum Tweet of the day:

It's worth it to read the comments by David G. McAfee

Time to put a goddamn C note in the swear jar.  

Jesus Christ you Orange Ferret Face, are you that fucking stupid?  Our legal system is what keeps our society together.  And why the fuck didn't you ban entry by people from places like Saudia Arabia if you were so goddamn worried about scary tewwwowwwwwists?

Just now, 47of74 said:

Time to put a goddamn C note in the swear jar.  

Jesus Christ you Orange Ferret Face, are you that fucking stupid?  Our legal system is what keeps our society together.  And why the fuck didn't you ban entry by people from places like Saudia Arabia if you were so goddamn worried about scary tewwwowwwwwists?

Because the scary Muslims from Saudi Arabia line his pockets.

More dropping of Drumpf products: "Sears And Kmart Drop 31 Trump Home Items From Their Online Shops" Apparently the products will still be available via third party vendors, but Sears and K-Mart are not carrying those products in their inventory. I hope we can get his crappy products out of every store and online vendor. Well, Breitbart can sell his crap, it would be par for their course.

Another good one...A Veterans' advocacy group has purchased advertising time on SNL so they can get Agent Orange's attention. That's a good idea. Using shows that he is known to watch has worked before. A quote from the article:

Just a couple weeks ago, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) spoke directly to Trump during an appearance on "Morning Joe."

"I know you’re watching," Cummings said. "Call me. I want to talk to you."

Trump called later that day.

It's sad that communicating with the So-called Commander-in-chief has to be done via TV.

@GreyhoundFan, I really hope you are right about the two year Presidency, but I will not hold my breath. Many states whose congressional districts used to be tossups have gone red, thanks to the gerrymandering the Tea Party Republicans put into effect when they were voted in in the 2010 election cycle. Admittedly, many districts were iffy before, with regards to gerrymandering, but from what I've read, they've gotten a lot worse. They try to have a few city districts to throw a bone at Democrats, thus ensuring the rest of the districts will be more red. The districts are designed to be red, and I fear they will stay that way, kept there by Fox News Acolytes, and people who stop looking at the ballots as soon as they see an R. They'll vote against their interests for the babies, or the guns, or the subsidies, or against the gays, or whatever their pet belief is. 

6 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

@GreyhoundFan, I really hope you are right about the two year Presidency, but I will not hold my breath. Many states whose congressional districts used to be tossups have gone red, thanks to the gerrymandering the Tea Party Republicans put into effect when they were voted in in the 2010 election cycle. Admittedly, many districts were iffy before, with regards to gerrymandering, but from what I've read, they've gotten a lot worse. They try to have a few city districts to throw a bone at Democrats, thus ensuring the rest of the districts will be more red. The districts are designed to be red, and I fear they will stay that way, kept there by Fox News Acolytes, and people who stop looking at the ballots as soon as they see an R. They'll vote against their interests for the babies, or the guns, or the subsidies, or against the gays, or whatever their pet belief is. 

Yes, it's wishful thinking. This is a good article about why just plain old obstructionism won't work. Warning, it's a bit depressing. There are lots of stats and charts, but here's the summary at the end:

What a lot of people don't realize about the Republicans' big wins in 2010 and 2014 is that they didn't really penetrate a whole lot of Democratic territory. Here's what I wrote when there was some chatter about Democrats retaking the House last year:

... in the big GOP wave of 2014, Republicans only took over four districts that leaned toward Democrats, according to the Cook Political Voting Index (PVI). Were Democrats to win back the House this year, they would likely have to win a dozen or more seats that clearly lean toward Republicans, just by virtue of how friendly the map is to Republicans (both because of natural partisan sorting and gerrymandering). Republicans have an inherent advantage in holding the House that serves as essentially a sand dune beating back whatever wave Democrats can produce.

And that's even more the case in the Senate, where Democrats' path back to the majority in 2018 is difficult, to say the least. Given the states that are holding elections, Democrats will need to reelect every Democratic senator in big Trump states like Indiana, Missouri, Montana and North Dakota, while also stealing GOP seats in Arizona, Nevada and a heavily Trump state like Nebraska, Tennessee and Texas. Are they really going to do that if they go against everything Trump does?

What got the GOP over the top in 2010 and 2014 was largely nailing down districts and states that, in a strictly partisan world, would have been theirs in the first place. Being partisan in Congress seems to have helped them accomplish that task.

But for Democrats, being completely partisan and playing to their base without expanding the party's appeal has less upside when it comes to winning House and Senate majorities. That's not to say they can't do it — just that the strategic road map Republicans used doesn't necessarily apply to Democrats.

I hope that the resistance soldiers on, but it's going to be a long road. Even if Agent Orange burns himself out in six months, Pence is no great shakes. I think the key difference is, he wouldn't be as obviously offensive to our allies as Cheeto. I think he'd be working hard to stab everyone in the back, but it wouldn't be as in your face.

I am going to sound like a complete jerk right now. I own it. I went to my first Huddle meeting this afternoon, and I am not sure I am a very good fit with this group. Most already know each other, and I think I may be too aggressive for them. I thought it was going to be about planning for future action, but the person that was leading it treated it more like a book club. Three hours and nothing was really accomplished and she kept reading from a book about hope. Hope is great and all, but I am ready to fight and confront the actions of the Trump administration, U.S Senators, U.S. Reps, and State and local governments. I think I might have scared them with my "I WANT TO TAKE DOWN AND DEFEAT THE ORANGE ASSHAT!" attitude. I am not very good at sitting back. I usually go 90mph daily anyway, so taking a more laid back approach would drive me nuts. I think I would drive them nuts to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I am going to sound like a complete jerk right now. I own it. I went to my first Huddle meeting this afternoon, and I am not sure I am a very good fit with this group. Most already know each other, and I think I may be too aggressive for them. I thought it was going to be about planning for future action, but the person that was leading it treated it more like a book club. Three hours and nothing was really accomplished and she kept reading from a book about hope. Hope is great and all, but I am ready to fight and confront the actions of the Trump administration, U.S Senators, U.S. Reps, and State and local governments. I think I might have scared them with my "I WANT TO TAKE DOWN AND DEFEAT THE ORANGE ASSHAT!" attitude. I am not very good at sitting back. I usually go 90mph daily anyway, so taking a more laid back approach would drive me nuts. I think I would drive them nuts to be honest. 

I don't think you sound like a jerk. You understand yourself and that your approach may not fit in with this particular group. Hopefully you can find another group that is more your speed. There are 100+ Indivisible groups within a two hour drive of my house, so I'm lucky, I can try on different groups to find the people and speed that is right for me.

27 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yes, it's wishful thinking. This is a good article about why just plain old obstructionism won't work. Warning, it's a bit depressing. There are lots of stats and charts, but here's the summary at the end:

I hope that the resistance soldiers on, but it's going to be a long road. Even if Agent Orange burns himself out in six months, Pence is no great shakes. I think the key difference is, he wouldn't be as obviously offensive to our allies as Cheeto. I think he'd be working hard to stab everyone in the back, but it wouldn't be as in your face.

I agree, Pence is no prize, BUT, I think one essential difference is that Pence doesn't seem to have the mass of crazy, foaming-at-the mouth followers that Cheeto has, a bonus in my book. I read earlier that the Indiana legislature is quietly undoing what Pence did apparently without much opposition. And I definitely agree that Pence would be less offensive to our allies.

So as disgusting as Pence is, at this point, I would prefer him, simply because I think he would be less likely to drag the US into nuclear war, something that is keeping me up nights.

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I don't think you sound like a jerk. You understand yourself and that your approach may not fit in with this particular group. Hopefully you can find another group that is more your speed. There are 100+ Indivisible groups within a two hour drive of my house, so I'm lucky, I can try on different groups to find the people and speed that is right for me.

This was the only Huddle group in my area, so I am a bit bummed about that. I could do my own, but I also don't want to step on their toes. I already belong to a local Indivisible group, so I think I am going to throw myself more into that group.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Because the scary Muslims from Saudi Arabia line his pockets.

More dropping of Drumpf products: "Sears And Kmart Drop 31 Trump Home Items From Their Online Shops" Apparently the products will still be available via third party vendors, but Sears and K-Mart are not carrying those products in their inventory. I hope we can get his crappy products out of every store and online vendor. Well, Breitbart can sell his crap, it would be par for their course.

Another good one...A Veterans' advocacy group has purchased advertising time on SNL so they can get Agent Orange's attention. That's a good idea. Using shows that he is known to watch has worked before. A quote from the article:

It's sad that communicating with the So-called Commander-in-chief has to be done via TV.

Yeah I saw that.  Unfortunately we've already lost our Sears and are going to lose our Kmart too here in about a month.

Meanwhile my swear jar is starting to look like this...

MeanwhileAtThe47of74SwearJar.png

41 minutes ago, AuntK said:

I agree, Pence is no prize, BUT, I think one essential difference is that Pence doesn't seem to have the mass of crazy, foaming-at-the mouth followers that Cheeto has, a bonus in my book. I read earlier that the Indiana legislature is quietly undoing what Pence did apparently without much opposition. And I definitely agree that Pence would be less offensive to our allies.

So as disgusting as Pence is, at this point, I would prefer him, simply because I think he would be less likely to drag the US into nuclear war, something that is keeping me up nights.

Yeah I wish we'd be that lucky here in Iowa that even the Republicans would un-do what our Governor Brainfart has been doing here in Iowa lately.  Unfortunately we got a bunch of foam at the mouth idiots who think the fucking Orange Ferret Face, Joni Ernst, and Steve King are the second coming or some goddamn thing.

With as many Huddle groups as we had full in my area, I'm not thinking it'd be stepping on toes.

I kinda think it'll be like support groups (like AA)--where you have to hit a few to find the right fit.
(the one group in my town = full AND opposite girl-scouts, so, I had to drive a ways to find one.  I"m not sure it's the right group either...but I may have agreed to do something computer-y with another person.  I'd love to be able to introvert-help from behind my computer screen)

4 hours ago, Mecca said:

Honestly, Barron is probably better off not being around Trump at this point.

It has been reported that Trump has never really been a present father to any of his children, so nothing has really changed for Barron. It does not appear that Melania is gong to be taking the usually role of First Lady, so maybe that will mean she will be with him more often than not. Who knows. I honestly hope people just don't bring up the issue. Trump being a slack ass father is the least of our worries right now. 

How sad.  What does he do when there are father/son events?  True, due to death or abandonment, many kids have no fathers, but Barron has a dad that lives in his home with him.  And yet, he refuses to spend time with him.  That must really mess a kid up. 

9 minutes ago, Childless said:

How sad.  What does he do when there are father/son events?  True, due to death or abandonment, many kids have no fathers, but Barron has a dad that lives in his home with him.  And yet, he refuses to spend time with him.  That must really mess a kid up. 

Clearly. Exhibits A & B: 

http://media.salon.com/2016/12/AP_174807513533-1280x960.jpg

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Article from The Guardian about the economic effects on the Palm Beach area when the Trumps are at Mar-a-Lago:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/11/palm-beach-businesses-cost-trump-mar-a-lago

So there's the expected Secret Service detail at and around the White House, the $1 million per day cost of protecting the First Lady and Son, and who knows how much it's costing in Palm Beach (Secret Service detail and lost revenue for surrounding businesses).  And Trump's supposed to turn the economy around?  Seems like one would benefit only if they were part of the Secret Service.

Voter fraud. Again.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-voter-fraud-senators-meeting-234909

He was complaining during a meeting with senators, and apparently an uncomfortable silence filled the room.

The president claimed that he and Ayotte both would have been victorious in the Granite State if not for the “thousands” of people who were “brought in on buses” from neighboring Massachusetts to “illegally” vote in New Hampshire.

Does anyone else think he's setting the mood for the elections in 2018? 

Oh, and another one of Tangerine Toddler's Tantrum Tweets:

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

This is why I don't get the naivete of those who thought "he wouldn't really do it" and voted for them bc hillary is "untrustworthy."

Also I'm waiting with bated breath for the tweet about how unfunny SNL is. Still waiting on Rosie as Bannon. 

Donnie Dumbfuck is surprised to learn that the Presidency is an actual job.

theconcourse.deadspin.com/donald-trump-stunned-to-learn-presidency-is-an-actual-j-1792215349

Maybe you’d better sit down for this one. According to a report by Politico, corned-beef dirigible Donald Trump, a skill-free inheritance baby with a virtually unbroken lifelong track record of incompetence and failure, has found that running the United States government is a tougher job than lending his name to mail-order steak delivery scams run by other people. Because he is a world-historically stupid idiot who could not tell the difference between his face and his ass even if they weren’t identical to each other, this has come as quite a shock to him.

“Being president is harder than Donald Trump thought,” begins the article, neatly capturing the blithe, criminal ignorance that characterizes both Trump himself and the many dozens of millions of morons who thought he should be the leader of the free world. Yes, being the president is a harder job than Donald Trump would expect, because Donald Trump had never previously held an actual job, because actually, spending your inheritance on a succession of failed cons is not an actual job.

None of the revelations in here are all that surprising, if you’ve paid attention at any point in the more than 40 years Trump has spent as a professional horse’s ass marginally enriching himself off a succession of sleazy branding schemes (or in the over 200 years the presidency of the United States has spent being an actual job). The fun is in the wording. Our new president occupies a wild outer range of blundering, arrogant stupidity, far beyond that typically euphemized in newspaper-ese, and the effort to describe the former truthfully and accurately—but without using such frank and impolite words as “stupid” and “ignoramus” and “spray-tanned fart balloon”—very nearly breaks the latter.

“Overseeing a family business” is great. This is the way you put it when you want to say that the president’s last gig was as the ornamental figurehead of a penny-ante hustling operation run by his hare-brained children—who even in their vacuity knew better than to let him handle any responsibility more sophisticated than ogling the Miss Universe contestants—but you also would like to maybe interview him or them at some point in the future. This is what you’re left with when the leader of the free world is incapable of thinking and operating and leading from anywhere in the vast ocean of specificity and nuance dividing “Get me some more cash” and “Here is what brand of tanning spray the new press secretary should use, and which parts of his face must be sprayed with it.” Overseeing a family business. 

LOL

upworthy.com/snl-takes-trumps-see-you-in-court-tweet-to-the-peoples-court-where-it-belongs?g=2

Last night's "Saturday Night Live" took the president's "SEE YOU IN COURT" tweet and put the promise just where it belongs: on "The People's Court."

Knowing that Trump usually tunes in to watch "SNL" each week, using some airtime to explain to a "TV president" how checks and balances really work is actually a smart, gutsy move.

The sketch pitted Baldwin's Trump against the three Ninth Circuit judges (played by Kyle Mooney, Vanessa Bayer, and Pete Davidson) who refused to reinstate the Muslim travel ban on Trump's familiar home turf of reality TV shows. The president was there to request "broad, unchecked power" and was mad the judges were "mean to him."

Here's the video...

@47of74- I'm in Iowa too.  Stunned that the tangerine hemorrhoid and the De Vos minions (Grassley/Ernst) & King are revered for making Iowa better (topic of Friday family dinner).    Trump embodies the Peter Principle- he was promoted (elected) to his highest level of incompetence.  

On 11.2.2017 at 2:45 PM, fraurosena said:

Tangerine Toddler's Tantrum Tweet of the day:

It's worth it to read the comments by David G. McAfee

Uh, it's hardly surprising that the worst crisis zones produce the most refugees... Where the hell does he think refugees should come from? Belgium and Denmark?

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I haven't seen any indication of gang members, drug dealers and the like being removed. All I've seen on the news is hard-working lower-income parents being ripped away from their American children!  

I keep remembering a photo from a few weeks ago in Scotland of a man holding a sign which said, "YER MAW WAS AN IMMIGRANT YA ROASTER!" (I don't know what "ROASTER" means in Scotland, but I don't think it was meant as a cooking pan!) Apparently this fact is conveniently forgotten by the Trump family.

One other thing that puzzles me about the Trumpsters and their blind adoration of this inept and stupid man . . . is there any doubt that the entire foundation of his "success," (as well as that of the 3 oldest children, Bevis, Butthead & Ivanka), is the inheritance from his father?  Had he not been gifted with a shitload of cash, would he have been able to hustle his way to where he is today? I think not.  I see him hustling real estate or selling cars in New Jersey.

Of course he is overwhelmed by the job as POTUS, it is  a real job, he's never had one and this one is the most stressful, most complex, most demanding job in the world.  Not only does he have NO experience in government, he doesn't even have a 9th-grader's understanding of how our government functions. Nor, apparently, does anyone around him who he has chosen as advisors.  This job requires someone who is intelligent, patient, logical, charismatic, intuitive, hard-working, caring, all characteristics Cheeto lacks. I hope like hell he doesn't make it the full four years, but I can't see him leaving voluntarily; it's not in his nature, that would make him a LOSER, and that's the absolute worst for Donny-boy. He would totally destroy this planet before he would allow himself to be branded with that label!

Sorry for rambling, got carried away. . .

50 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh, it's hardly surprising that the worst crisis zones produce the most refugees... Where the hell does he think refugees should come from? Belgium and Denmark?

Yep, but in the Tangerine Toddler's alternative universe refugee = terrorist.

32 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Of course he is overwhelmed by the job as POTUS, it is  a real job, he's never had one and this one is the most stressful, most complex, most demanding job in the world.  Not only does he have NO experience in government, he doesn't even have a 9th-grader's understanding of how our government functions. Nor, apparently, does anyone around him who he has chosen as advisors.  This job requires someone who is intelligent, patient, logical, charismatic, intuitive, hard-working, caring, all characteristics Cheeto lacks. I hope like hell he doesn't make it the full four years, but I can't see him leaving voluntarily; it's not in his nature, that would make him a LOSER, and that's the absolute worst for Donny-boy. He would totally destroy this planet before he would allow himself to be branded with that label!

It's also one of the most criticized and maligned jobs out there. Even if you're doing a great job there are going to  be a lot of very loud people who hate you.

Not the kind of job that suits Trump's temperament: he wants to be universally adored all the time.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived