IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

54 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

At this point, if Canada wanted to build a wall, I wouldn't blame them. I might actually send a contribution!

Muslim refugees/immigrants afraid to stay in the US because of Trump have actually been walking miles in freezing weather across the border into Manitoba, where people are scrambling to welcome them/find places for them to stay.

Agent Orange is having a meeting with PM Trudeau Monday a.m.  I imagine Trudeau's dreading it.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaannnndddd... he keeps on acting like a reality star!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-ban-new-law-order-immigration-travel-restriction-latest-a7574266.html

"Safety is one of the reasons I'm standing here today, the security of our country," Mr Trump said (...) "Safety is one of the reasons I'm standing here today, the security of our country.  (...) So, we'll be doing something very rapidly having to do with additional security for our country. You'll be seeing that sometime next week."

Mr Trump did not provide particulars to how he would reintroduce his order or provide these extra security measures. 

Oh the suspense! What will it be folks? What is he planning? Tune in to next weeks twitterfest by the tangerine toddler to find out!

25 minutes ago, tropaka said:

Muslim refugees/immigrants afraid to stay in the US because of Trump have actually been walking miles in freezing weather across the border into Manitoba, where people are scrambling to welcome them/find places for them to stay.

Agent Orange is having a meeting with PM Trudeau Monday a.m.  I imagine Trudeau's dreading it.

Here's a link about what's going on.

With my thanks to Canada.

As we don't have a separate Pence-thread (yet?), I'm posting this here.

With Mike Pence gone, fellow republicans undo his work in Indiana.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/09/pence-gone-fellow-republicans-undo-his-work/97699694/

Vice President Mike Pence's fellow Republicans took a number of steps Thursday to undo his policies, just weeks after the former governor left Indiana for the White House.

(...)

House Minority Leader Scott Pelath, D-Michigan City, called the turn away from Pence's policies "fascinating."

"The Mike Pence legacy came to a very quick end today, probably the shortest one in Indiana gubernatorial history," he said. "We just saw his final two vetoes overridden. Gov. Holcomb made the very common sense decision to address the East Chicago lead problem, which has been our own Flint (Mich.) in the making. He pardoned an innocent man which seems basic human decency. And he allowed that bicentennial cellphone tower deal to die a cow’s death here in the Hoosier state."

So far, two of Pence's previous vetoes have been overturned by the General Assembly (where republicans have a supermajority in both chambers) with overwhelming majority. They are also looking into overturning more of Pences vetoes.

I'm pleasantly surprised!

I know I'm posting one after the other, but... OMG! 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2837207/donald-trump-travel-ban-supreme-court/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSun-_-20170210-_-806966825

TRAVEL BAN DITCHED 

Donald Trump ‘will not take travel ban battle to Supreme Court’

DONALD Trump is not planning to take his travel ban battle to the Supreme Court, according to sources.

It comes just hours after the President said he had “no doubt” he would win a court battle.

55 minutes ago, tropaka said:

Oh Canada.  I am so sorry.  He does not speak for me.  He does not speak for most of us.

Here's another reason not to sleep well at night.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-defiant-assad-tells-yahoo-news-torture-report-is-fake-news-100042667.html

Confronted with new evidence of torture and mass hangings in one of his military prisons, Syrian President Bashar Assad said in an exclusive interview with Yahoo News that the allegations were the product of a “fake news era” and charged that a human rights group, Amnesty International, had fabricated evidence to discredit his embattled government.

“You can forge anything these days,” Assad said when asked about a new Amnesty International report estimating that between 5,000 and 13,000 prisoners were killed in a “calculated campaign of extrajudicial execution” at a military prison outside of Damascus between 2011 and December 2015. “We are living in a fake news era.”

Pandora's box has been opened. Now, whenever a world leader or anyone else hears news that he/she doesn't believe in, he/she can and will holler "Fake News". What an awful precedent to set. I know who I blame for this- a certain American cable news network that said anything positive about Obama was "fake news". It's a network that delights in riling up its base with fake news. 

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Just wanted to point out that my description of Melania's eyes is a poke at her plastic surgery. If you look at old pictures, you'll see that she has beautiful eyes, but you can hardly see them anymore because of all of the work she's had done. Paying someone to make you look like you forgot your sunglasses is just bewildering to me.

Sarah Jessica Parker has the same squintiness and overuse of black eyeliner.  Every time I see a picture of her, I can't focus on what she's wearing because I'm looking for her eyes.  Kate Hudson was looking squinty-eyed at the SAG awards, so I guess she's had her eyes done, too.

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

Another weekend vacation?  Is this going to be a regular thing for the Trumps?

The Republicans and Faux news bitched and moaned every time President Obama went golfing or anywhere with his family. I imagine for Trump though it will be completely okay. :my_rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, HeathenBlondie said:

The Republicans and Faux news bitched and moaned every time President Obama went golfing or anywhere with his family. I imagine for Trump though it will be completely okay. :my_rolleyes:

Hell they whined when the Clintons went on vacation.  I can remember that horses rear end Limbaugh whining that the press ignored all the time Clinton was on vacation while talking about the time Bush I was on vacation.  Clinton had taken 21 days his first year in office, while Bush I took 40 days, so I don't know what the fuck Limbaugh was whining about.

5 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

Hmmm, Orange Chump hates his job and his staff.  What a surprise!

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/he-doesnt-like-this-sht-trump-reportedly-hates-his-job-and-his-staff-after-less-than-a-month/

After just three weeks on the job, President Donald Trump is reportedly frustrated with the realities of trying to run the U.S. government the way he manages his family-owned business.

Politico interviewed nearly two dozen people who have spent time with the former real estate developer and reality TV star since his inauguration — and they said Trump’s “mood has careened between surprise and anger as he’s faced the predictable realities of governing,” according to the report.

“The interviews paint a picture of a powder-keg of a workplace where job duties are unclear, morale among some is low, factionalism is rampant and exhaustion is running high,” Politico reported. “Two visitors to the White House last week said they were struck by how tired the staff looks.”

Interesting article, thanks for posting it. I especially loved this part:

Those sources also revealed that Trump has privately expressed disbelief that judges, bureaucrats and lawmakers are able to halt him from filling government positions or implementing policies.

“He doesn’t like this sh*t,” a source told Politico, referring to the difficulties Trump faced in getting one of his top fundraisers, Anthony Scaramucci, appointed to a job in the West Wing.

However, sources said Trump appears to enjoy showing visitors around the Oval Office, where he spends most of his working hours, and keeping tabs on how his staffers look on TV news.

So he likes to show off his fancy office and watch TV. Yeah, very good leadership. Good grief.

I saw the title of this article: "What could Trump learn from the Queen?" and my thought was, "not a damned thing". He couldn't sit still long enough and he certainly isn't going to take advice from a woman, especially one who isn't "hot".

40 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Those sources also revealed that Trump has privately expressed disbelief that judges, bureaucrats and lawmakers are able to halt him from filling government positions or implementing policies

*shoves a $50 in the swear jar*

Gah! Here you ignorant orange twat waffle, go buy the damn Schoolhouse Rock DVDs and fucking learn something about how our government works:

https://www.amazon.com/Schoolhouse-Rock-Special-30th-Anniversary/dp/B00005JKTY

I cannot believe we went from a Constitutional law scholar to this ignorant asshole. Holy shit, I had a better understanding of how our government works when I was thirteen years old than this fucking moron. 

19 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Gah! Here you ignorant orange twat waffle, go buy the damn Schoolhouse Rock DVDs and fucking learn something about how our government works:

I cannot believe we went from a Constitutional law scholar to this ignorant asshole. Holy shit, I had a better understanding of how our government works when I was thirteen years old than this fucking moron. 

Welcome to the club.  I think the amount of swearing I've done because of that Orange Fuck Face I could fill a few dozen swear jobs to the brim of C notes.

And my legal education has come in kind of handy for short circuiting assholes as of late who are in love with Fuck Face. 

Dana Milbank wrote a good opinion piece: "Here’s how you can deal with Trump — besides drinking Everclear". A couple of highlights:

I’ve heard it scores of times from Americans frightened, angry or depressed about President Trump: “What can I do?”

I recommend to each of them the same regimen I follow myself: Exercise regularly, spend time with family and drink a quart of Everclear every night.

But such self-care, as the mental-health practitioners call it, only goes so far. For much of America — the majority of the country that did not vote for Donald Trump — the election has brought about what’s known as a “collective trauma,” not unlike the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The erratic behavior makes millions of people feel powerless and out of control, which leads to anxiety, anger and despair. Anybody know of a 12-step program for my fiancee, who obsessively reloads her Twitter feed as Trump unleashes all manner of mayhem?

He consulted with people very experienced in mobilization and came back with the following ideas:

• Organizing
  • Legal
  • Media
  • Labor
  • Intellectual
  • Party
  • Politics
  • Coordination
  • Join

The article fleshes out each idea. There are lots of good resources mentioned.

30 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

My two-year-old niece has a better understanding of government. Maybe we should send Trump a copy of Woodrow the White House Mouse: 

1195363._UY400_SS400_.jpg

And, we should also send him this: 

51tvlhqeVYL._AC_UL320_SR242,320_.jpg

And, this as well: 

51D03sOFDxL._AC_UL320_SR248,320_.jpg

And just when you think Asshat could not get any lower. It is being reported on CNN that during a meeting with Senators Trump said, "Pocahontas is now the face of your party" when addressing Sen. Warren. 

Excuse me for a minute here, but I must be brutally honest. I hate that man. I hate that man with the fire of a thousand suns. For anyone to say Trump is not a racist, they may want to get their heads out of their cans. 

I want to know where is Barron? You see picture of Ivanka and her kids but no Barron. I guess "Orange Idiot" doesn't care about his second and third family only the first ones that make him money.

Jeff Session wants to cut the funding for White Nationalist/Christians terrorist monitoring unit and redirect it to Muslim terrorist group because they are more scary. 

OK, attribution to an anonymous facebooker: 

It's not POTUS, it's SCROTUS  (So-Called Ruler of The United States)

News and Guts Facebook page is reporting that he told reports that he may file a new order that is very little changes from the first. Someone please tell me that the judicial system can prevent him from filing nonstop executive orders that have very little changes from one another.

Dumb shit left a key out in the open.

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319038-dem-senator-calls-out-trump-for-leaving-key-to-classified-info

Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.) called out President Trump on Twitter Friday after a photo showing what Heinrich said was a key to classified information was left out in the open on the president's desk.

"Never leave a key in a classified lockbag in the presence of non-cleared people. #Classified101," Heinrich tweeted along with a photo from the Associated Press, which includes a close-up shot of a golden key sticking out of a lockbag on the president's desk.

The photo was taken Wednesday during a meeting between Trump and Intel CEO Brian Krzanich in the Oval Office intended to tout the company's plan to invest more than $7 billion in an Arizona-based factory.

It's unlikely that many of the people in the room, including members of the press and Krzanich, have the security clearance to access classified documents. 

Of course we all know that if a Democrat had done this we'd be in for two or three hundred years of investigations, reich wing blow hards blowing hard, and so on. 

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Dumb shit left a key out in the open.

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319038-dem-senator-calls-out-trump-for-leaving-key-to-classified-info

Of course we all know that if a Democrat had done this we'd be in for two or three hundred years of investigations, reich wing blow hards blowing hard, and so on. 

Yup. The various Fox News guests would have wheels installed on their fainting couches and would drag race each other in front of the Fox News studio. 

Tangerine Toddler's Tantrum Tweet of the day:

It's worth it to read the comments by David G. McAfee

Does anyone else think Trump is looking more unhealthy as each day passes? I know the presidency ages folks, but damn, it has only been three weeks and he is looking rough. I really don't think he can make it four years. 

58 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Does anyone else think Trump is looking more unhealthy as each day passes? I know the presidency ages folks, but damn, it has only been three weeks and he is looking rough. I really don't think he can make it four years. 

From your lips to God's ears.

11 hours ago, Mecca said:

And just when you think Asshat could not get any lower. It is being reported on CNN that during a meeting with Senators Trump said, "Pocahontas is now the face of your party" when addressing Sen. Warren. 

Excuse me for a minute here, but I must be brutally honest. I hate that man. I hate that man with the fire of a thousand suns. For anyone to say Trump is not a racist, they may want to get their heads out of their cans. 

I am waiting for not one, but three shirts saying Nevertheless, she persisted. I ordered one for myself and one for each of my daughters.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived