IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

I told you all a few weeks back about Indivisible and how you can join local chapters. I joined a local chapter, and it is very active. We do Trump Tuesdays where we tackle different issues. Anyway, tonight in Utah a massive group from Indivisible showed up to a town hall meeting for GOP Rep. Chaffetz and handed him his ass on a platter. They are demanding Chaffetz to do his job, not to repeal the ACA, and want the Trump administration investigated for various issues including his contention with Russia. First time I have ever seen Chaffetz shut it. 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I told you all a few weeks back about Indivisible and how you can join local chapters. I joined a local chapter, and it is very active. We do Trump Tuesdays where we tackle different issues. Anyway, tonight in Utah a massive group from Indivisible showed up to a town hall meeting for GOP Rep. Chaffetz and handed him his ass on a platter. They are demanding Chaffetz to do his job, not to repeal the ACA, and want the Trump administration investigated for various issues including his contention with Russia. First time I have ever seen Chaffetz shut it. 

And if there's any teabag whining about it the first thing the Democrats need to do is to whip out the videos of all the teabaggers at town halls a few years back and tell said teabaggers to shut the front door.

I just saw where Twitler had taken to Twitter to attack Sen. McCain earlier today;

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/09/trump-attacks-mccain-over-criticism-outcome-yemen-raid/97687592/

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump took to Twitter on Thursday morning to attack John McCain following the Arizona senator’s criticism of the White House’s characterizing of a recent raid in Yemen as as a “huge success," despite the death of a Navy SEAL.

"When you lose a $75 million airplane and, more importantly, an American life is lost and wounded I don't believe you can call it a success,” McCain said to NBC News Wednesday. McCain is the chairman of the Armed Services Committee and was briefed on the January strike after its completion.

This is not the first time Trump has attacked McCain. During his presidential campaign Trump said McCain was not a war hero because he was captured while serving in Vietnam. The comment sparked a firestorm of criticism from both parties, but McCain continued to support Trump as the party’s nominee until just before the election.

McCain ultimately withdrew his backing of Trump following the release of a 2005 Access Hollywood video where Trump discussed being able to grope women because of his star-power.

Seriously, that orange ferret face needs to grow the fuck up.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

And if there's any teabag whining about it the first thing the Democrats need to do is to whip out the videos of all the teabaggers at town halls a few years back and tell said teabaggers to shut the front door.

Exactly. There was an Healthcare town hall in another jurisdiction close to where I live and the same thing happened tonight.

One of our State Reps. made the stupid claim that we are getting paid to show up and protest. That is news to me. I am currently not working, so if what I am doing is considered payable work, then I have clocked in a lot of hours and I demand back pay from whoever is suppose to be managing me. Of course we are not getting paid. It is just these fools don't understand that a lot of people oppose their antiquated ideology. Funny thing is, my local chapter went to the Reps office to personally talk to him about the lies he tweeted and the Rep. refused to talk. Typical. 

I wish I could go into greater detail about tomorrow's protest, but it would give away where I live. 

I keep hearing Cheeto and Spicer talk about these "paid protestors" and I'm getting sick and tired of it. NOBODY is getting fucking paid!  Do they honestly believe in their alternative universe that the MILLIONS of people who have protested Cheeto's unconstitutional orders and actions throughout the world have been paid? Are they actually believing their own lies?

@Mecca, you're smart not to reveal any more, I sometimes forget that these pages can be viewed by others and I've been a bit concerned lately that I may be too easily identifiable.

Uhm... ok, so he says the protesters are being paid. Right. So, just exactly WHO is paying them?

Does he realize just how much money would be involved? I don't think so!  - to paraphrase the tangerine toddler himself-

Anyone who's getting paid to to something won't do it just for - say - a dollar, so let's say ten dollars (which is still not much of an incentive but hey). Tens of thousands of people have marched.  So hundreds of thousands (millions even) of dollars have to have been paid out then. How frickin' fantastic is it, that this someone (or organization) with apparently unlimited monetary resources also made it possible in an incredibly short timespan? And being so selective as to only reach out to those sympathetic to the marches? 

But yeah, living in an alternative reality, I guess it could be possible...

Re: Trump: Sometimes it helps to end the night/start the morning with a little terrifyingly dark humor... :my_sick:

ETA: Otherwise, Local Gorilla will just cry and cry while she sits in traffic mindlessly listening to NPR in a state of shock.

Spoiler

Super Deluxe makes great video parodies of Trump, his administration, as well as crazies like Pastor Bob Larson the exorcist, and other gross television personalities like Steve Harvey, as does their sister site, everythingisterrible.com. 

Yep, just brand the judiciary branch in a triparate government system 'political'... 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-reaction-politi-idUSKBN15P00T

Trump on Thursday called the appellate court ruling that upheld the suspension of his order restricting travel from seven Muslim-majority countries a "political decision," and vowed his administration would ultimately prevail.

"We'll see them in court," Trump told reporters who had gathered outside his press secretary's office. "It's a political decision."

Trump said he did not view the ruling as a major setback for his White House.

"This is just a decision that came down, but we're going to win the case," he said.

No, you fuckwit, it's a judicial decision, YOU make the political ones! 

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yep, just brand the judiciary branch in a triparate government system 'political'... 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-reaction-politi-idUSKBN15P00T

No, you fuckwit, it's a judicial decision, YOU make the political ones! 

And it is remarkable listening to NPR special reporters reiterate his words live on the air, or his twitter quotes, with such masterful unbiased patience. How in the world are they labeled "liberal media"? 

4 hours ago, Mecca said:

Exactly. There was an Healthcare town hall in another jurisdiction close to where I live and the same thing happened tonight.

One of our State Reps. made the stupid claim that we are getting paid to show up and protest. That is news to me. I am currently not working, so if what I am doing is considered payable work, then I have clocked in a lot of hours and I demand back pay from whoever is suppose to be managing me. Of course we are not getting paid. It is just these fools don't understand that a lot of people oppose their antiquated ideology. Funny thing is, my local chapter went to the Reps office to personally talk to him about the lies he tweeted and the Rep. refused to talk. Typical. 

I wish I could go into greater detail about tomorrow's protest, but it would give away where I live. 

The bolded is mine. This is what makes me feel helpless. You guys do so much but they spread alternative facts and even refuse to talk.

6 hours ago, AuntK said:

I keep hearing Cheeto and Spicer talk about these "paid protesters"

Do y'all see how much Machiavellian evil genius there is in two words? 

• An alt fact (and thus an alt reality) is created for Trump followers, who will believe this "paid protesters" fake fact until the day they die   
  • Legitimate protest is completely de-legitimized, at the same time, creating a scary shadow presence (George Soros, anyone?) that pays people to harass perfectly legitimate! and very nice! GOP/Teabag elected officials 
  • Protesters are horrible because they are mercenary cynical Trump haters corrupting a legitimate avenue of grievance 

A broad uprising of disgruntled citizens and the first amendment turned on its head in TWO WORDS 

From everything I read before the court of appeal's decision, the consensus seemed to be that the ruling of the judges would probably be 2-1 against reinstating the travel ban. So the fact that all three judges ruled against it makes me very hopeful for the Supreme Court decision. And anyway, I hope they expedite this decision so we'll have (at worst) a 4-4 split. A flip would be nicer, of course, but these days, I'll take what I can get.

10 hours ago, AuntK said:

OMG, that's Omarosa "Those fat women are stalking me" Manigault at the end of the table in the first photo! WTF! Does the WH just say ok, we have "the Blacks" coming over, so go get "our girl" to be in the photo and talk to them since we have no idea what to say to these people from the inner cities!!

I'm surprised Ben Carson wasn't there too. You know, so Pence could roll out all his black "friends".

9 hours ago, Mecca said:

I would pay good money to see Chaffetz shut his mouth. He's on my list of "can't stand 'em".

Here's an interesting article: "How Trump’s travel ban broke from the normal executive order process". I can't quote it because it's mostly graphics, but it breaks down how many stupid things Agent Orange did with this fiasco.

I was driving home from dinner last night when the talk radio station broke in to say that the court had ruled. I almost wrecked my car in my excitement. I hope if it goes to the Supremes, they hand him his ass on a platter. That stupid "See you in court" really made him look like a two-bit idiot threatening his neighbors. I have a neighbor who is schizophrenic. Whenever she gets angry (which is frequently), she threatens people with court. Sadly, she's actually gotten that far with a couple of people. She and Cheeto could give each other a run for the money.

Australia isn't happy. The global landscape of international trade could change drastically because of the Tangerine Toddler's antagonizations:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/so-long-donald-trump-fight-with-australia-is-presidents-worst-move-yet/news-story/6bd931d554a82cd8ced4cfb9e542340a

DONALD Trump may have made his worst decision so far in choosing to wage a verbal war on Australia.

The battle lines were drawn via his rude phone conversation with Malcolm Turnbull before he revealed plans to tear up the 2005 free trade agreement between the countries.

“The humiliation of Turnbull through [White House press secretary Sean Spicer’s] mispronouncing of his name and calling him the president of Australia showed the esteem they hold for other countries,” Dr Jeffrey Wilson from the Perth US Asia Centre told news.com.au. “Since World War II we’ve been a close ally. We need to look at who else we can have a relationship with — principally China, but also Japan, Indonesia and Korea all present economic opportunities.

“We always looked to the US because we’ve been allies for a long time, they’re trustworthy. Now America is so obnoxious it’s time for change.”

Dr Wilson, whose report on trade in the Asia-Pacific under Mr Trump will be published next week, said it was time to think seriously about building ties elsewhere.

Note that once more, people are using the term 'war' to describe what's happening. Says a lot...

I know. It actually makes my day. This is our PRESIDENT. Throwing a fit in all caps like he's surprised about checks and balances! I think I started learning about those in... 4th grade? 

I'm guessing little Donnie was smarter than his teachers and didn't have to listen in class.

So, after reading this article, there is no bottom to the swamp. It keeps going and going and going…. After Chuck Cooper decides to withdraw his name to be the next solicitor general, guess who there's a lot of talk about? That's right, our own Kellyanne Conway's husband.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/chuck-cooper-solicitor-general-withdraws-consideration-234869

Chuck Cooper, the conservative Supreme Court litigator, is withdrawing his name from consideration to be the next solicitor general, opening the door for the husband of Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway to be appointed to the role.

The White House was divided between the two candidates, with Kellyanne Conway and others advocating for her husband and another camp, led by Sessions, making the case for Cooper. 

“George is a brilliant and accomplished lawyer who is willing to serve this president. At the same time, I've been quiet about the specific roles for him partly because of my role here and because the attorney general has not been confirmed,” Conway told POLITICO earlier this week. “He's willing to serve and I know that's a decision he's made. He would be the first Asian solicitor general, but he could also be a judge.”

Hmmm….. All I can think about the bolded is -  alternate facts? If she can't tell the truth and we can't trust her, how can we trust her husband? Of course, both are the Groper in Chief's buddies.

12 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

So, after reading this article, there is no bottom to the swamp. It keeps going and going and going…. After Chuck Cooper decides to withdraw his name to be the next solicitor general, guess who there's a lot of talk about? That's right, our own Kellyanne Conway's husband.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/chuck-cooper-solicitor-general-withdraws-consideration-234869

Hmmm….. All I can think about the bolded is -  alternate facts? If she can't tell the truth and we can't trust her, how can we trust her husband? Of course, both are the Groper in Chief's buddies.

I wonder what he was offered to withdraw in favor of Mr. Conjob. Maybe some fancy ambassadorship?

@Mecca please be safe. You are an important contributor to our board, and I always enjoy reading your posts. I appreciate how you keep us updated on the nonsense in Washington. 

Yo...where do I sign up to get paid by George Soros to protest? 

I'm a broke college grad and could use the money! 

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I hope if it goes to the Supremes, they hand him his ass on a platter. That stupid "See you in court" really made him look like a two-bit idiot threatening his neighbors

I'm so torn on whether or not I want this to go to the Supreme Court. It would be fun to see them rule against him, but if they decided not to take the case and let the lower court ruling stand, he'd lose what's left of his mind. :twisted:

Decisions, decisions....

6 hours ago, Local Gorilla said:

Re: Trump: Sometimes it helps to end the night/start the morning with a little terrifyingly dark humor... :my_sick:

ETA: Otherwise, Local Gorilla will just cry and cry while she sits in traffic mindlessly listening to NPR in a state of shock.

Hide contents

Super Deluxe makes great video parodies of Trump, his administration, as well as crazies like Pastor Bob Larson the exorcist, and other gross television personalities like Steve Harvey, as does their sister site, everythingisterrible.com. 

OMG! I had heard, of course, that this charlatan was back on tv, never seen him, but he is worse than I could have imagined.  Did prison teach him nothing? And his followers? What a bunch of f***ing lunatics! I'm surprised most are not institutionalized. And those buckets? I can't even. . . Surely he is going straight to hell on that basis alone!

@AuntK, Apparently, the horribly overpriced "food" he's selling is essentially inedible and can't be digested by normal humans.  Of course, these dehydrated mixes could be bought in bulk online for very little money.  The guys just has to scam; it's in his blood or something.  

But back to Trump and his threatened lawsuit -- this is typical Trump.  Something happens?  Threaten a lawsuit, it's what he does.  Before, it usually had the effect of making the threat/problem go away;  now he's pressing a lever with his little paw and no pellet is coming out.  There may even be a little electric shock.  It's a different ball game in the White House, but Trump has no ability to understand this or change his strategy.  None. 

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

@AuntK, Apparently, the horribly overpriced "food" he's selling is essentially inedible and can't be digested by normal humans.  Of course, these dehydrated mixes could be bought in bulk online for very little money.  The guys just has to scam; it's in his blood or something.  

But back to Trump and his threatened lawsuit -- this is typical Trump.  Something happens?  Threaten a lawsuit, it's what he does.  Before, it usually had the effect of making the threat/problem go away;  now he's pressing a lever with his little paw and no pellet is coming out.  There may even be a little electric shock.  It's a different ball game in the White House, but Trump has no ability to understand this or change his strategy.  None. 

@Howl this made me laugh so hard it woke up the dogs!

Is it very mean of me that I'm hoping the electric shock isn't little though?

electric shock.png

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived