IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

2 minutes ago, Childless said:

I'm sure they would just love supporting my unemployed ass with their tax dollars seeing as I'm the only breadwinner in my family right now.  Hmmm..... maybe I should just do that.  It's probably be less stressful than working 13 hour days so I can afford to pay for the therapy my kid needs.  Hell, Medicaid would pay for it in full.  I know because my lazy ass conservative sister's kids are on Medicaid so she can sit her ass at home and her husband can work his dream job after quitting a decent paying job that offered medical insurance.

I have the luxury of being able to be as sarcastic as I want. I live in a country with an increcible healthcare system. Frankly, I find the lack of healthcare in America appalling. My heart goes out to you. I'm afraid it isn't going to get better for you. :my_sad:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I have the luxury of being able to be as sarcastic as I want. I live in a country with an increcible healthcare system. Frankly, I find the lack of healthcare in America appalling. My heart goes out to you. I'm afraid it isn't going to get better for you. :my_sad:

No, it's not.  I'm lucky in that I make good money and my company offers semi decent health insurance.  But, if I loose my job, we're screwed.  My kids could probably get Medicaid, but my husband and I would get nothing and my husband has to take maintenance meds to stay healthy.  How we would be able to afford that is anyone's guess.  In this country, you're held hostage by the company that employs you.  It's a sickening slave system.

27 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Jeff Sessions, Steve Banon and Trump walk into a bar.  Who is  least racist person? Reading this makes me want to kick something.

49 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

The least racist person... 

FUUUUUCKKKKK *screaming*

Notice that Donald Trump has no idea who the CBC are. 

He's attended at least one briefing and what he found out was that a nuclear war with Russia would be a bad thing, not a good thing. 

And I've got the best word salad, tremendous word salad, believe me. 

Does this idiot not get that he is contradicting himself with his leak vs media BS? Is it illegal leaks or is it the fake news just making crap up to piss him off? He needs to pick a crazy lane and stay in it because I am getting whiplash from the nonsense. 

Jake Tapper is priceless here!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/jake-tapper-donald-trump-news-conference-unhinged-cnntv/index.html?sr=twCNN021617jake-tapper-donald-trump-news-conference-unhinged-cnntv0858PMVODtopVideo&linkId=34587537

President Trump, if your watching: You're the president. You legitimately won the presidency. Now get to work and stop whining about it.

:laughing-rolling:

Actually I'd rather he keeps holding pressers and ranting and raving instead of working... he sounds demented, apparently can't read and digest complex information very well, and the people he surrounds himself are all evil and inexperienced bigots so no help there governing sensibly. 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

The least racist person... 

FUUUUUCKKKKK *screaming*

You KNOW he was thinking, "Don't all you black folks know each other?"

He did put some more people in the "inner cities" during this circus of a press conference, he added Hispanics into the mix as well. 

This was just absolutely so embarrassing for the entire country and I'm sure the apprentice in the WH thought he did just great.  I do not understand his family; they witnessed this circus, they see and hear him, why can't they do an intervention and tell him he is making a gigantic ass of himself!

Trump in the WH is past the point of embarrassment.  He is delusional, paranoid, and obviously not competent.  I hope he keeps on holding press conferences and tweeting asway.  Hopefully, his Republican minions will eventually realize the Tangerine Hemroid is not fit for public office and give us Pence.  I hate Pence and everything he stands for, but consider him to be more fit for office than Lord Voldorange.

@AuntK, obviously all Black people know each other. I mean, we're all just in the inner cities texting all day since we're too afraid to leave our homes in the middle of the day*. Because, you know, gangs. 

*he actually said that 

2 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

@AuntK, obviously all Black people know each other. I mean, we're all just in the inner cities texting all day since we're too afraid to leave our homes in the middle of the day*. Because, you know, gangs. 

*he actually said that 

I'm a middle aged White woman, and I'm afraid to leave my house because you know, orange.  Who does he think he is fooling? 

8 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

*he actually said that 

I so wish a reporter could say "What the fuck are you talking about"?  Or at least have he balls to tell him to his orange face that he is making no sense.  It would have to be a White guy, because all people of color are too busy living in the inner city to come to 1600.

9 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

But how does one get to know anyone if one never leaves home? 

Largest phone contact list EVER.  Either that or telepathy. 

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Notice that Donald Trump has no idea who the CBC are. 

He's attended at least one briefing and what he found out was that a nuclear war with Russia would be a bad thing, not a good thing. 

And I've got the best word salad, tremendous word salad, believe me. 

Ok mind blown! What the ever loving fuck is he talking about?

seriously, there's deranged and then there's Trump.. It's as if he's on drugs, his so called political speeches/statements are starting to sound like Frank Gallagher's (shameless) rants. 

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I'm a middle aged White woman, and I'm afraid to leave my house because you know, orange.  Who does he think he is fooling? 

I so wish a reporter could say "What the fuck are you talking about"?  Or at least have he balls to tell him to his orange face that he is making no sense.  It would have to be a White guy, because all people of color are too busy living in the inner city to come to 1600.

Largest phone contact list EVER.  Either that or telepathy. 

Also because he already knows it's going to be a "bad" question if there's a Black person asking. :angry-banghead:

I can't, friends. This just can't be reality. I feel like people don't care. 

12 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Ok mind blown! What the ever loving fuck is he talking about?

seriously, there's deranged and then there's Trump.. It's as if he's on drugs, his so called political speeches/statements are starting to sound like Frank Gallagher's (shameless) rants. 

Remember the debates.  Sniff. 

13 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Also because he already knows it's going to be a "bad" question if there's a Black person asking. :angry-banghead:

I can't, friends. This just can't be reality. I feel like people don't care. 

I know it sounds trite, but yes, we here at FJ care. A majority of the popular vote cares. The media tries to care, but are failing.  Congress? Well most only care what happens to them in 2018.  I feel the resistance is growing. I hold out hope, false or not, his fellow repugnant-licans  will turn on him.  It just not happening fast enough.

Quote of the day (year?):

"This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine," Trump said. "Despite the fact that I can't get my Cabinet approved, and they are outstanding people."

Bob Harward, who Trump just asked to be the national security advisor, said no.  He said no to Trump!!!

3 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Bob Harward, who Trump just asked to be the national security advisor, said no.  He said no to Trump!!!

Get ready for the twitter tweet storm from orangefuckface. How Harward is a loser  or should I say looser.  Bigly looser.

2 hours ago, AuntK said:

I do not understand his family; they witnessed this circus, they see and hear him, why can't they do an intervention and tell him he is making a gigantic ass of himself!

I suspect that intervention is attempted on a daily, perhaps hourly, basis....

@JMarie said "Bob Harward, who Trump just asked to be the national security advisor, said no.  He said no to Trump!!!"

And there's this tasty tidbit from CNN online in an article discussing Harward turning down the job offer: 

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a "s*** sandwich," the friend said....A senior Republican familiar with the process said "a question of clarity regarding the lines of authority" was central in Harward's decision.

!

Interruption for a much needed laugh. Maybe my cinnamon roll was actually sushi. And I'm about to have some grape juice! 

Screenshot_20170216-171158.jpg

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Thanks for the transcript. I'm still busy reading it (quite difficult,  trying to follow his rambling, repetative, great, tremendous, me, me, me chest pounding) but one particular bit sprang out to me in a very frightening way.

That one sentence is very sinister. Because in essence what he's telling us is that he can do things without a Cabinet. He doesn't need a Cabinet to get things done.

(cue Jaws-theme)

You're welcome. I can't watch anything with him on TV because I think I would smash the TV. The WaPo usually does an annotated transcript, so i always look for that. Bonus points for snarky comments by their writers in the notes.

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Jeff Sessions, Steve Banon and Trump walk into a bar.  Who is  least racist person? Reading this makes me want to kick something.

The bar. The bar would be more HUMAN than those three, and definitely less racist.

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Actually I'd rather he keeps holding pressers and ranting and raving instead of working... he sounds demented, apparently can't read and digest complex information very well, and the people he surrounds himself are all evil and inexperienced bigots so no help there governing sensibly. 

He can't read and digest first grade level information, much less complex information.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

But how does one get to know anyone if one never leaves home? 

Voodoo. Because black people. (please know that's what I think Lord Dampnut would say, not my belief).

Apparently Trump's press conference was such a festival of lies that even people from Fox News are calling him out: 

3 hours ago, AuntK said:

This was just absolutely so embarrassing for the entire country and I'm sure the apprentice in the WH thought he did just great.  I do not understand his family; they witnessed this circus, they see and hear him, why can't they do an intervention and tell him he is making a gigantic ass of himself!

I think the reason why they don't stage an intervention can be summed up in two words: trust fund. 

They've been riding Daddy's coattails their entire lives, they're not going to piss off the gravy train. Although, I think once Trump manages to totally sink the Trump name and reputation (and he's well on his way), then it'll be like the Hunger Games inside that family. 

I know it's been discussed, but this article has some actual numbers attached to "protecting" Agent Orange and his family: "Trump family’s elaborate lifestyle is a ‘logistical nightmare’ — at taxpayer expense". A few quotes:

On Friday, President Trump and his entourage will jet for the third straight weekend to a working getaway at his oceanfront Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla.

On Saturday, Trump’s sons Eric and Don Jr., with their Secret Service details in tow, will be nearly 8,000 miles away in the United Arab Emirates, attending the grand opening of a Trump-brand golf resort in the “Beverly Hills of Dubai.”

Meanwhile, New York police will keep watch outside Trump Tower in Manhattan, the chosen home of first lady Melania Trump and son Barron. And the tiny township of Bedminster, N.J., is preparing for the daunting prospect that the local Trump golf course will serve as a sort of northern White House for as many as 10 weekends a year.

Barely a month into the Trump presidency, the unusually elaborate lifestyle of America’s new first family is straining the Secret Service and security officials, stirring financial and logistical concerns in several local communities, and costing far beyond what has been typical for past presidents — a price tag that, based on past assessments of presidential travel and security costs, could balloon into the hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of a four-year term.

Adding to the costs and complications is Trump’s inclination to conduct official business surrounded by crowds of people, such as his decision last weekend to host Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe for a working dinner while Mar-a-Lago members dined nearby.

Trump’s three Mar-a-Lago trips since the inauguration have probably cost the federal treasury about $10 million, based on figures used in an October government report analyzing White House travel, including money for Coast Guard units to patrol the exposed shoreline and other military, security and staffing expenses associated with moving the apparatus of the presidency.

Palm Beach County officials plan to ask Washington to reimburse tens of thousands of dollars a day in expenses for deputies handling added security and traffic issues around the cramped Florida island whenever Trump is in town.

In New York, the city is paying $500,000 a day to guard Trump Tower, according to police officials’ estimates, an amount that could reach $183 million a year.

This month, The Post reported that Secret Service and U.S. embassy staffers paid nearly $100,000 in hotel-room bills to support Eric Trump’s trip to promote a Trump-brand condo tower in Uruguay.

“This is an expensive way to conduct business, and the president should recognize that,” said Tom Fitton, president of the conservative group Judicial Watch, which closely tracked President Barack Obama’s family vacation costs and said that it intends to continue the effort for the Trump administration.

“The unique thing about President Trump is that he knows what it costs to run a plane.” Fitton added, noting that Trump should consider using the presidential retreat of Camp David, a short helicopter ride from the White House, or even his golf course in Northern Virginia. Of Mar-a-Lago, Fitton said, “Going down there ain’t free.”

For Trump, the costs come with an additional perk: Some of the money flows into his own pocket. While Trump has removed himself from managing his company, he has refused to divest his ownership, meaning that he benefits from corporate successes such as government contracts.

The White House did not address broader concerns of the costs and potential conflicts inherent in Trump’s early travels. But White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham told The Post this week that Trump is always working, even when he has left Washington behind.

“He is not vacationing when he goes to Mar-a-Lago,” Grisham said. “The president works nonstop every day of the week, no matter where he is.”

Trump’s frequent travel belies his repeated criticism of Obama as a “habitual vacationer” enjoying taxpayer-funded golf getaways. It also comes after his own promises: He told the Hill newspaper in 2015, “I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done.”

In advance of Trump’s Super Bowl weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago, the Secret Service paid for a bevy of security costs, including more than $12,000 for tents, portable toilets, light towers and golf carts, purchase orders show.

The bills have racked up outside the club, too. Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said Trump’s 25 days in the county since the election have cost local taxpayers about $60,000 a day in overtime police payments.

Local officials said the U.S. Coast Guard has run round-the-clock shoreline patrols alongside Mar-a-Lago when the president is in town. A Coast Guard spokesman declined to share costs or specifics, citing security concerns.

The Town of Palm Beach recently implemented a “presidential visit seasonal traffic mitigation plan” in hopes of stemming the island’s worsening traffic woes. Running every weekend until May, the plan includes a town order demanding sanitation and public-works crews leave the island every Friday by 3 p.m.

Um, no, Ms. Grisham, he's not working nonstop. He's golfing. And watching the Superbowl. And showing off.  And, three trips in a month is "rarely"? I'd hate to see frequently.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived