IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Phenomenal recap job, @HerNameIsBuffy.  Lots of shiny stuff to distract you :)

Thank you for doing what you do.  :clap:

Thank you - i'll clean up the typing as soon as i can.  I thought it started at 9:00 and D reminded me it was on sooner...oops.  Fuck up #1.  I don't watch tv so totally forgot we cancelled cable so had to scramble to find a place to stream online and a creditcard for direct tv.  fuck up 2.  then lost original thread seriuosly i made 2-3 posts?  

this was exhuasting - congrats to @Buzzard for doing the important work of loving her new baby while i fuck up the recaps.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

this was exhuasting - congrats to @Buzzard for doing the important work of loving her new baby while i fuck up the recaps.

They were NOT fucked up, they were hilarious, as they should be.

I appreciate everyone's efforts on trying to stay on task and not vomit while recapping.  

Thank you.

I think they had a great honeymoon by the clips for next week. And Jinger looked pretty relaxed about all those kisses. I don't think any babies are coming along any time soon. They avoid a direct answer which is code for bug off already.

Ok I only just turned it on but why do the bridesmaids dresses look like FLDS dresses!?

8 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I think they had a great honeymoon by the clips for next week. And Jinger looked pretty relaxed about all those kisses. I don't think any babies are coming along any time soon. They avoid a direct answer which is code for bug off already.

Or it could mean that she's already pregnant. :P 

Why was Joy the only sister helping w/ the wedding? Are the married really totes off the hook for any and all work? We all know Jana was busy  raising her siblings babysitting, but WTF did Jill & Jessa have to do?  Does this mean the Jana will have to do it all on her own for Joy, while watching her siblings? 

2300 fresh roses being transported what 3 hours away? Why not go to Hobby Lobby order them in bulk, you can get a discount and get each one for less than $2, no need for a refrigerated truck, 2 hotel rooms, 15 buckets AND you don't have to worry about wilting dying and you can do it days/ weeks in advance ,AND AND this means you don't have to be up until 2:00 am the night before the wedding. 

Everybody being all fancy with this rehearsal is just cracking me up. I got married last year too. Our rehearsal was super informal. Our priest was super laid back. His thing was get the basics down, but don't worry so much about alllllll the details because he would guide us through the ceremony, and he told us that realistically in the excitement of the moment we'd likely forget everything anyway. (He was right!)

My maid of honour and I ran out of time to change, so I was up there at the altar of a Catholic church in a tshirt that said "Bridezilla", alongside my maid of honour in her Harley Quinn tshirt. Our priest had some sort of soccer jersey and crocs on. 

The pics of my rehearsal are hilarious and I absolutely love them--wouldn't change a thing! Everything went off perfectly when it mattered anyway.  I think Jinger's rehearsal was as formal as my whole wedding. 

I know that it's been talked about but lord I would be absolutely terrified from being with my fam to like my life partner so quickly. Like I thought when I moved for my freshmen year of college that I would be totally fine once my parents said goodbye but if my dad didn't crack a joke I would have honestly broken down just cause it was hitting me so quickly so I can't imagine being Jinger moving to a complete different state when you never have done it before.

Lordy, I have been successfully avoiding watching this show, but I had the tv on while I waited for my husband to finish a phone call before we went out for dinner. Holy fuck is this ever a stupid fest! I only saw the bit where Jeremy mansplains prayer and loooove to JingerBaabe.  This Babe thing managed to get on my last nerve, and I didn't even have the sound on.  Jeremy is irritating even in closed captioning.  Literally could not stand to watch any more of it.  

The recaps are way more enjoyable! 

So, they began courting on 5/21/16, engaged at the end of July. Shortest courtship of them all. 

And YES! Jinger made a veiled reference to sex during that "date night" suggestion time. She said there were things that couldn't be mentioned, with a...look. 

Wh....why is JB just hanging out there during those vows?! What in the world?! That was just odd. Otherwise not a ton of snark from me...it's bringing back lots of my own wedding memories and I may or may not have some tears. 

On 2/14/2017 at 0:55 AM, marmalade said:

I don't want to be in that guestroom. 

Cobbled stream of consciousness post to follow. 

Oh, HAI Pastor Caldwell. I hear you have a daughter that's been spotted with Joe Duggar A LOT over the past few months. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the name announcement, it was interesting that TLC broke from their own video, dubbed in the name, then went back to the original TLC video. 

Duggars prove yet again that they can't maintain cars with computers. FIrst, Pastor Caldwell, then the failure to reset a sensor. I hope their car breaks down posthaste, just out of spite of the fake Duggar "mechanics."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding planner: "How are you?"

Jinger: "Gooooood!"

Jeremy: "Doing very well." 

SOTDRT strikes again. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinger, your mention of Jeremy's grad school was sketchy. You don't get a finance degree in the one year that he was at Syaracuse. As a fellow grad school dropout, I sniffed that one out immediately. 

Apologies for the stream of consciousness commentary. Like Jinger, I am a chronic eye roller, and eyes were rolled a lot tonight.

Just catching up on this thread and noted your comment about his (possible) finance degree. If he already had a bachelors, Syracuse specifically has a 30-credit M.S. in Finance that is designed to take a year. http://whitman.syr.edu/programs-and-academics/programs/ms/finance/index.aspx  So assuming that's the program he was doing, he could definitely have earned that degree in that time.

(Sorry if this was addressed later. I've read a couple pages further on and haven't seen anything yet, so I wanted to reply while I was thinking about it.)

I know it's been discussed before and it doesn't mean anything but in the Australia preview, Jinger sure is showing a lot of shoulder. It's more shoulder than I've ever seen on a Duggar girl. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

No one has mentioned that conveniently placed glare, to cover the glaring commission of a creeper. :56247958035f1_32(18):

Can you clarify?

42 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I know it's been discussed before and it doesn't mean anything but in the Australia preview, Jinger sure is showing a lot of shoulder. It's more shoulder than I've ever seen on a Duggar girl. Just saying. 

She's not a Duggar anymore!

3 hours ago, immodest_countenance said:

Jeremy and John David make a really cute couple. They have the quippiest exchanges. 

I can't believe this comment stayed on the board, lmao

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

So, they began courting on 5/21/16, engaged at the end of July. Shortest courtship of them all.

I assume you saw this on the sign they flashed on during the bridal shower? If so, good catch. I only saw the top part where it said they first met on 4/20/15 and I missed the rest of the sign.

1 minute ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I assume you saw this on the sign they flashed on during the bridal shower? If so, good catch. I only saw the top part where it said they first met on 4/20/15 and I missed the rest of the sign.

Yup. That's where I saw it. I rewound to confirm. 

3 hours ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

My dog is saying, "Why in the hell are we watching this boring shit?!"

FullSizeRender.jpg

Not during this last episode but this is the one of the many faces my likes to give when he displeased. I wish I had a better shot of his if you don't listen to me grumpy face on my phone because it's one of the better visuals of why I subject myself to this crap

IMG_2521.JPG

So they started courting one year, one month and one day after they met? That seems intentional, right? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived