IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

9 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

@nst - infectious disease says it started as influenza a and took a sharp right turn to some weird pneumonia resistant to the usual suspects. 

They're out of ideas. More importantly, I'm out of insurance days and they're ready to burn my room.

At first they said pneumococcal pneumonia that's in the vaccine commercials but they backtracked. I've honestly been too sick to keep track of info or ask intelligent questions. I've been sick since the 1st. Hospitalized since the 8th. In ICU twice. Dr. Google wasn't terribly helpful to any of us.

I miss my puppy and my bed. But soon I'll be responsible for my own broth and jello and juice boxes. Too much pressure. 

I sent you a pm - detailed.  

I hope you feel better soon - 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/13/2017 at 10:21 PM, Bugaboo said:

I really can't stand the way all of them say "whenever" when they actually mean to say "when". SOTDRT education at its finest...

I was an English major in college and took a grammar class.  On the first day, the professor had us fill out index cards with our name, contact information, etc. and asked us to include our #1 grammar pet peeve. The "whenever" for "when" was mine!  My example was "Whenever I was born, my mom went into the hospital." 

Still bugs the crap out of me . . .

@Percy - yup.  It's exactly as @Coconut Flan explained.  If one wishes to stay past this point, one writes a VERY large check per day or puts credit card on file that has no limit. Options not available to me.

Last night I was 50% optimistic about recovery at home. Today? When hubby arrives to get me, I'll direct him to drop me off at closest morgue/funeral home. Fever back up and unable to catch my breath. 

Oh my goodness, @ChickenettiLuvr, that is not a good situation at all. I have no tips unfortunately...I've gotten a cold/flu thing a couple times this winter and I just OD'd on Advil Cold and Sinus and vitamin C, and hoped to breathe, until it finally went away. Nothing compared to what you are going through though. Sending good thoughts your way, and lots of prayers up to Rufus! 

Our Rufus, who art in Laredo, hallowed be Thy name...help our favourite popcorn burner!

To whoever suggested turmeric, be aware that it can affect liver function and is a blood thinner.

Whenever I pre admit patients for surgery I always ask about glucosamine, fish oil, garlic tablets, St. John's wort, green tea extract and turmeric.  I then advise people to stop taking the medication until after their surgery.

@ChickenettiLuvr I hope they find the right treatment for you.

4 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@Jiraffe you are a kind of a rogue religious poet, if you don't mind my saying so.

Why thank you! It's Rufus, he just inspires me so. :pb_lol:

Wow--I'd taken a hiatus from this page...came back to discover a baby, a pregnancy and that the show was back on.

I didn't realize how wonderful it was to be out of touch with TLC!

[actually, it points to the fact that until I saw the People cover and had to check in, the Duggars do not hit any mainstream media coverage anymore--YEA!]

@ChickenettiLuvr, i feel for you. I've been hospitalized before for sudden onset double pneumonia and it was miserable. And i was only in there 5 days. Mucinex? Dont really have any cure-alls.  Just be careful transitioning from steamy hot showers to regular room air- that caused a massive gasping episode for me during recovery.

Once again I am horrified by the appalling healthcare system in America. I'm seriously WTF'ing at the moment. Sending a sick patient home because.. sorry no money anymore? What the everloving F? That's so messed up, I have no words.

@ChickenettiLuvr, I am so sorry you are a victim of this shocking system. I hope you will feel better soon! :hug4:

It isn't there is no more money.  It's that the hospital/doctors did not choose to justify to the insurance or could not justify the extension.  I don't particularly like that part of the system either, but you have to learn how it works and how to make it work for you. 

Ok, so to put it correctly, there is no justification, and therefore no money from the insurance, and a patient is sent home, ill or not.

Any healthcare system that has no qualms about sending ill patients back home is inhumane, in my opinion. Although the healthcare system in my country isn't perfect (far from it even), to do such a thing is absolutely unheard of here, hence my dismay. To me, this flies in the face of the Hippocratic oath and frankly, is abhorrent.

I'm not defending the insurance companies, just trying to explain how it works.  Certainly people are going home at earlier stage of recovery now than 30 or 40 years ago.  I think then people may have been kept overly long.  I was really set back when I got there to see step-dad and the hospital wanted to discharge him.  I truly in that moment thought he was likely to die by  morning.  He was discharged to a skilled nursing facility and after 24 hours there was sitting up in a wheelchair eating.  In that case I would in the moment certainly have disagreed with sending him out of the hospital, but it was after all the right thing to do. 

The justification is whether the person truly needs hospitalization or whether a different option is better.  Studies have shown that people do recuperate faster outside the hospital.  As one doctor also said, it's healthier for the patient usually to get out as soon as possible due to the risk of additional infection by staying. We were talking about the risks of my daughter staying vs she hadn't been able to much if any food down.  We ended up taking her home as the hospital was only a mile away from her apartment and the doctor said he was sure mom's cooking would do better for her than hospital food. My daughter felt really insecure leaving. However, he was right.  I'm sure that they are also wrong at times, but in general doctors will fight to keep patients they think really, really need to stay in the hospital. 

Of course I have no problems with decisions doctors make when it's truly about the patients best interests. :pb_wink: 

However, I got the impression from @ChickenettiLuvr's post that she was being discharged because her insurance doesn't cover a longer stay and she will have to pay out of her own pocket to stay longer. If that is the case, then I'm appalled. If I got it wrong, then I'm really glad and relieved. Still wishing her a speedy recovery, whatever the case!

She verified that what I posted about the way insurance works was accurate.  I think after two bouts in the ICU, she's doing a bit of what my daughter did of having some anxiety about going home.  I don't blame her any more than I did my daughter.  It's scary when you've been through something like that to go I'm losing my support system.

Indeed if you want to stay longer than the doctors/insurance work out, yes you'd have to pay if the hospital will let you stay.  They usually won't let you stay taking up a room if they think it's no longer medically necessary. 

Here's my Q - why only teach Joy to make the bread?  We all know that Joy was pre-courting when this made, and I absolutely get that it's useful for her to know how to make bread - but she'll be gone in a year, why not teach one of the boys to do it at the same time?  Esp since Jinger said JD used to make the bread?

Unless it was just for the show.... I mean, even the Duggars can't be stupid enough to live in a system where only 1 or 2 people know how to do each job?  Surely?  Because what happens when the Official Bread-Maker, or Laundry Slave gets the 'flu/travels to a conference/goes on a Missions Trip?

[redacted]

7 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Here's my Q - why only teach Joy to make the bread?  We all know that Joy was pre-courting when this made, and I absolutely get that it's useful for her to know how to make bread - but she'll be gone in a year, why not teach one of the boys to do it at the same time?  Esp since Jinger said JD used to make the bread?

Unless it was just for the show.... I mean, even the Duggars can't be stupid enough to live in a system where only 1 or 2 people know how to do each job?  Surely?  Because what happens when the Official Bread-Maker, or Laundry Slave gets the 'flu/travels to a conference/goes on a Missions Trip?

[redacted]

I think that they had set chores because then there could be no confusion (or blaming) as to who should be doing what and when. Laundry not done? Jinger's held accountable...low on bread? Look for Joy to be in the prayer closet.

On 2/14/2017 at 9:54 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

I just wanna see Jana go rogue one of these days. When Jill did that, she should of got up, slapped her across the face and said "make me...bitch." And while she's at it, she can close-line Jessa for all the things she's done to her. Now that I'd pay to see!

I saw it. Jill could've asked nicely and it was rude to poke her like that. I have to admit, it would have been kind of fun to see Jana throw a shoe or something. I am betting that the married sisters feel a bit superior and probably can't resist some little digs about Jana's single status. I am thinking that underneath all the nice, there may still be a spark left of the girl she was before they sent her to "sweet camp", I have no idea but I know she went somewhere. But I did enjoy the "shade" and I love her hair in a side pony tail. 

IMG_0195.JPG

19 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

I saw it. Jill could've asked nicely and it was rude to poke her like that. I have to admit, it would have been kind of fun to see Jana throw a shoe or something. I am betting that the married sisters feel a bit superior and probably can't resist some little digs about Jana's single status. I am thinking that underneath all the nice, there may still be a spark left of the girl she was before they sent her to "sweet camp", I have no idea but I know she went somewhere. But I did enjoy the "shade" and I love her hair in a side pony tail. 

IMG_0195.JPG

I want to urge Jana to stand up in Jill and Jessa's face and say OH SHUT THE FUCK UP.....

It will never happen.  She will stay the sweet door mat.

When my sister and I were in our late teens and early 20s I said that to her a few times. Well more than a few.  She was the older know it all sister who thought she was my second mother.  We get along very well now..but back in the day not so much.

13 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I want to urge Jana to stand up in Jill and Jessa's face and say OH SHUT THE FUCK UP.....

It will never happen.  She will stay the sweet door mat.

When my sister and I were in our late teens and early 20s I said that to her a few times. Well more than a few.  She was the older know it all sister who thought she was my second mother.  We get along very well now..but back in the day not so much.

Wait?! What happened? With the poking? I must have missed something. 

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Wait?! What happened? With the poking? I must have missed something. 

Jinger is packing for her move to Texas. The older "girls" are in their room together. Jinger is unsure what to pack, so Jill pokes Jana twice in the upper arm and basically commands Jana to either create or go get a master packing list. Hence the look on Jana's face. That's rude. I have always found Jill to be on the obnoxious side and a know-it-all to boot. 

8 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Jinger is packing for her move to Texas. The older "girls" are in their room together. Jinger is unsure what to pack, so Jill pokes Jana twice in the upper arm and basically commands Jana to either create or go get a master packing list. Hence the look on Jana's face. That's rude. I have always found Jill to be on the obnoxious side and a know-it-all to boot. 

I didn't understand how it was Jana's job. Surely if it's Jinger's stuff then Jinger should make the list. Jill just likes to pile things on Jana's plate. I don't think anyone ha forgotten about the bridesmaid dresses. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived