IGNORED

Lori Alexander 15: Leaving A Fire With Her Makeup Bag

choralcrusader8613

I realize that Lori isn't the best informed, most widely read or knowledgeable person, but she has to know that yogurt is dairy.  Right?  

Her latest blog tells us she eats hardly any dairy and then a few sentences later she says she has "grass-fed, 100% organic, whole yogurt" for breakfast, which she rotates with oatmeal so as not to get allergic. Last time I checked yogurt is dairy. Even organic yogurt is dairy.  

But what do I know.  I'm not a godly mentor who is also a self proclaimed nutritionist, dermatologist (black salve cures everything!!) and internist.

And here's the other thing, it's probably highly unlikely if she isn't already allergic to yogurt, she's going to become allergic by eating it for breakfast.

Lori is an idiot.  I don't care if she self-diagnoses and claims that she cures all her ills with her big salads, black salve and kombucha.  My concern is for all the fangirls who believe every word she writes and follow her advice to the letter.

Someday, if not already, someone is going to get seriously hurt because they believed black salve and icing can heal a broken bone or that raw foods cure cancer.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Law is in the Old Testament and we are no longer under the Law thankfully but we are under the New Covenant in which women are specifically told to be keepers at home and guide the home. This is not law but principles by which those under the Church age (us) are supposed to live. However, if your husband wants you to work, you are obeying him and doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing

This was one of her answers in the diatribe with Adrienne.  The lady basically called her out on imposing law where it isn't her place.  Here again, I am no Bible scholar, but the way I understand the division between the two books is that Christians follow the words of Christ and his disciples and refer back to the OT as a supplemental. When she says "law"...is she talking strictly about Leviticus?  If she is...then why throw Proverbs around like it's the law?  Basically she's basing everything on the letters from Paul?  Paul isn't Christ.  Christ didn't say:  "go home and have babies woman!"...Paul did.  I'm confused  :mindblowing:

I would like to point out to Lori and Ken that FJ is showing them how to have a conversation about religion over the last several pages. No deleting and no big hissy fit stomp offs just a back and forth about different views. And she calls us the heathens and the problem with everything in the world. :pb_rollseyes:

Well, I actually feel bad, because I kind of started the whole thing and then totally ignored all of the responses.  Sorry about that.  

It has been a C.R.A.Z.Y two days here, and I'd be lying if I said I've even had time to read the responses.  

That said, I do appreciate that people took time to write them, and when things aren't a complete zoo here, I am going to go back and read them all.

20 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Ugh ugh ugh. It's so bloody ignorant of people who say "just adopt!" like you can walk into an agency and pick a child there and then, easy peasy. It can take years to be approved (or you may be rejected), it can take ages for you to be matched with a child... plus it costs money. Also, most people who DO want to adopt want a little baby- likely white- not an older child with emotional baggage and trauma issues. It can be extremely stressful for all concerned.

You are so right. It can costs tens of thousands of dollars and take years.  It took my husband and me 10 years. We started with a private agency.  We spent about $7000.00 on all the fees and were chosen by two different birth mothers who both backed out and kept their babies. The agency couldn't have cared less. They were all about the birth mom.  It was heartbreaking, so we couldn't bear to go through that again, plus we were out of money.

Then, years later, my husband was pastor of a church. A niece of one of the deacons was visiting. She was an adoption case manager for DSS. We began talking, and she told us to fill out the paper work because she knew of a 2 and 3 year old brother and sister she was trying to find a home for.  We knew we wanted more that one child eventually.  The rest is history.  God put us in the right place at the right time. They are now 13 and 14 years old and our biggest blessing ever!

But yea, no problem.  Adopting is easy. Not!

FYI: If anyone out there is interested in adopting, check your DSS. It may not be like this everywhere, but in South Carolina DSS adoptions are pretty much free except for paying attorney fees and cost of filing paperwork.  We only spent about $1500.00 for two. 

FreeJanaDuggar, thanks for sharing your story. It brought a tear to my eye! I love hearing stories about families like yours.

FB reader:

I believe you are misquoting the meaning of your 1 Timothy 5:6 section. That particular piece was the instruction to widows not to use church funds for frivolous actions and to submit to the church.

Ken Alexander :

Out of curiosity.... why if such a verse applies to widows would it be any different for any other Believer? Is not the spiritual truth the same as applied across the board in many passages of scripture, that those who chase wanton pleasures are the walking dead, seeking fleshly things over godly things, seeing earthy things that rust and rot over eternal treasures? If the verse applies to widows, is there not a lesson in it for all of us to learn?

I swear recently Lori argued with someone who is saying exactly what Ken is saying. Lori was saying such a verse only applies to a specific group of people (widowers perhaps?) and can't be taken any other way. Anyone remember that?

7 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Poor deceived woman. Christ healed me from sin and damnation, but not suffering and eventually death

7 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I don’t like “It’s just part of life” answers so I search and research for answers

Both of the above quotes are from Lori's post. Funny ... Blessings Lori seems to comprehend that God has condemned her to a life of suffering (trying to teach her something, ANYTHING, through pain, I suppose), but, instead of learning, she sits her mean behind online all day trying to hunt up ways to circumvent his TRUTH. Shame, shame, you easily deceived woman! 

I guess she doesn't like "its God's will" then either. Same thing. 

It sure sounds like it ... but she's not smart enough to see it. Blessings, Lori! 

Her latest blog tells us she eats hardly any dairy and then a few sentences later she says she has "grass-fed, 100% organic, whole yogurt" for breakfast, which she rotates with oatmeal so as not to get allergic. Last time I checked yogurt is dairy. Even organic yogurt is dairy.  

So I know this probably refers to yogurt made from milk that comes from grass-fed cows, but I'm now imagining cartons of yogurt roaming their pasture and eating their grass...

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I realize that Lori isn't the best informed, most widely read or knowledgeable person, but she has to know that yogurt is dairy.  Right?  

But what do I know.  I'm not a godly mentor who is also a self proclaimed nutritionist, dermatologist (black salve cures everything!!) and internist.

And here's the other thing, it's probably highly unlikely if she isn't already allergic to yogurt, she's going to become allergic by eating it for breakfast.

Lori is an idiot.  I don't care if she self-diagnoses and claims that she cures all her ills with her big salads, black salve and kombucha.  My concern is for all the fangirls who believe every word she writes and follow her advice to the letter.

Someday, if not already, someone is going to get seriously hurt because they believed black salve and icing can heal a broken bone or that raw foods cure cancer.

Isn't ghee (clarified butter) also considered dairy? Just saying. In addition, I too was confused as to the rotating foods to ward off anticipated allergies...:dontgetit:

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

FB reader:

Ken Alexander :

I swear recently Lori argued with someone who is saying exactly what Ken is saying. Lori was saying such a verse only applies to a specific group of people (widowers perhaps?) and can't be taken any other way. Anyone remember that?

It sounds very familiar but I don't remember exactly what it was about--or maybe I'm thinking of one of the other times they have completely contradicted themselves?? They honestly just seem to make things up as they go along.

Also, is there any hope of convincing Ken  that  his convoluted sentence structure ("Do we not then..." "Is it not so...") does not actually make him sound smarter??????

15 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

It sounds very familiar but I don't remember exactly what it was about--or maybe I'm thinking of one of the other times they have completely contradicted themselves?? They honestly just seem to make things up as they go along.

Also, is there any hope of convincing Ken  that  his convoluted sentence structure ("Do we not then..." "Is it not so...") does not actually make him sound smarter??????

I keep waiting for him to start saying, 'Verily, verily I say unto thee.' :my_dodgy:

I'd been wondering about the Biblical use of the word "mentor" for quite some time and today's post prompted me to finally do a couple quick searches. 

Bible Gateway and Strong's Concordance both have ZERO references to the word "Mentor."

For synonyms, I found:

Counsel - 182 references

Guide - 30 references

Instruct - 65 references

Teach - 169 references 

These are findings for the King James Version. 

I'm just putting it out there that it seems Lori has spent six years blogging about a non-Biblical concept. 

I read Lori's blog in February 2011, and her writing seemed happier then. I wonder what happened when she transitioned to her new blog. 

The Kindle edition for her book sells for $7.49 on Amazon, not as high as $9.95 for the paperback. She can mention the lower price on her blog post as well.

IMHO, she has been getting progressively meaner/more miserable over the years, since way before the blog switch.

However, the blog switch coincided with the release of her book and the subsequent Amazon Review Wars.  So if she has taken a sudden dive, maybe that's what caused it.

Sounds like she's working on another book. :roll:

God has blessed my small seeds planted and today I have a new blog, make YouTubes, published a book (which we have lowered to $9.95 for good), and am in the process of maybe writing another one. 

What more could she have to say?

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Sounds like she's working on another book. :roll:

What more could she have to say?

Nothing original, that's for sure. :my_dodgy:

7 hours ago, Joyce said:

I was surprised that Lori would support child brides, so I researched California laws and found that California lacks a minimum age for marriage. Minors under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent and court order before they can marry.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/california-law/california-marriage-age-requirements-laws.html

Wait, what?!

12 hours ago, Loveday said:

Nothing original, that's for sure. :my_dodgy:

Well duh, we're talking about The Broken Record at Clanging Cymbal Ministries.

Hi Showtunesgirl! I thought she implied that she supports or allows child brides when she said that Mary was a child bride. It seems that I spoke too soon because she later said that no one is saying that child brides are OK. So to be clear, Lori does not support child brides. :)

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori is an idiot.  I don't care if she self-diagnoses and claims that she cures all her ills with her big salads, black salve and kombucha.  My concern is for all the fangirls who believe every word she writes and follow her advice to the letter

Wouldn't surprise me if she eats the black salve.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, Emilycharlotte said:

No, it just makes him sound more like the pompous dick he is.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:31 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

And she calls us the heathens and the problem with everything in the world. :pb_rollseyes:

And we all know that is because Lori and reading comprehension  are polar opposites.

Again with the voting.  It'd be a little less disingenuous if Lori would stop exercising her right to vote.  She doesn't though, and she made countless political posts this last election cycle.

Also, for someone who doesn't think it's her job to "fix our wicked culture", Lori sure doesn't hesitate to admonish her readers for everything from "tooting" and flossing in front of their husbands, to taking a job to put food on the table.

Finally, the "go and sin no more" bit sounds a little to Jesusish to me.  Lori isn't God, and she might want to sweep around her own back door before she goes around taking everyone else's inventory.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived