IGNORED

Sean Spicer: King of Alternative Facts

GreyhoundFan

2 minutes ago, Childless said:

Ha!  Apparently Spicey also thinks his staff are morons who would leak confidential information to the press using the phones they carry while on the job.  Sorry Spicey.  Your staff members are smarter than your boss.

Exactly. Apparently Spicey doesn't know about burner phones. I would wager everyone in his staff does. Frankly, if I had the misfortune of working for him, I'd probably wear a body camera.

• Upvote 8

And, Stupid Spicer stumbled again:

Donald Trump's Secretary of the Navy pick withdraws days after Sean Spicer said he wouldn't

White House press secretary Sean Spicer tweeted on 18 February that reports Mr Bilden was considering withdrawing were "wrong". He said the businessman was "100% committed" to taking on the role:

However:

President Donald Trump's choice to be secretary of the Navy, businessman Philip Bilden, has withdrawn himself from consideration for the post, citing concerns about privacy and separating himself from his business interests. (...)

In a statement released on Sunday by the Pentagon, Mr Bilden said he determined that he would not be able to satisfy the Office of Government Ethics requirements without what he called "undue disruption and materially adverse divestment of my family's private financial interests."

Makes you wonder if there are Russian connections to be found in those private financial interests... :kitty-shifty:

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

And, Stupid Spicer stumbled again:

Donald Trump's Secretary of the Navy pick withdraws days after Sean Spicer said he wouldn't

However:

Makes you wonder if there are Russian connections to be found in those private financial interests... :kitty-shifty:

I think they can all see the writing on the wall.  No one wants to spend time in an orange jumpsuit.

• Upvote 7

Seems that Sloppy Spice is spinning out of control just like Ms.Contwit. Maybe I should start calling him Spiny Spice 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/02/27/sean-spicers-tailspin/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-f%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.38e6be0b8e90

• Upvote 2

"Sources: Trump signed off on checking White House staffers' phones"

President Donald Trump signed off on press secretary Sean Spicer's decision to check aides' cell phones to make certain they weren't communicating with reporters by text message or through encrypted apps, multiple sources confirmed to CNN on Monday.

The decision sent a signal across the administration that Trump is furious at leaks from inside the White House. The sources also said the President gave his blessing before Spicer blocked reporters from the briefing last Friday.

When reached by CNN, Spicer denied that Trump was involved in either decision.

"(Trump) did not sign off or even know what I did. That is not accurate," he said, later adding, "I don't believe he even knew there was a gaggle and in no way was it discussed with him or any other staffer."

On Friday, CNN and other news outlets were blocked from attending an off-camera White House press briefing that other reporters were hand-picked to attend.

And Politico reported on Sunday that Spicer was cracking down on leaks coming out of the White House, where at one point staffers were asked to dump their phones on a table for a "phone check."

The sources also told CNN that Trump and his top advisers also knew of the contacts Spicer and others made to intelligence chairmen and other government officials, hoping to push back on news accounts of Russian links.

The sources added that Spicer is on higher standing inside the West Wing than he has been in earlier weeks. He has been eager to prove his loyalty but has also not pushed back on carrying out any orders or requests from the Oval Office.

One person close to the situation described Spicer as the "enforcer."

Let's not fool ourselves, Spicey, you couldn't take a dump without Agent Orange's okay, so we all know he signed off on the phone stuff.

• Upvote 6

Spicey, Spicey, Spicey, do you really think anyone believes you? "White House: ‘There Is Nothing Further To Investigate’ About Trump’s Russia Ties"

White House spokesman Sean Spicer on Monday continued to dance around questions of Russian meddling in U.S. elections and ties to the Trump campaign, even as he insisted that there was nothing left for anyone to investigate.

“I think Russia’s involvement in campaign activity has been investigated up and down,” Spicer said at his daily press briefing. “The question becomes, if there is nothing further to investigate, then what are you asking people to investigate?”

President Donald Trump has rejected the conclusion reached by multiple U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia hacked emails in order to wage an influence campaign in Trump’s favor.

“The president has said time and time again that he has no [business] interests in Russia, and hasn’t talked to people from Russia for years,” Spicer added.

Hours earlier, Trump had answered a question about his campaign’s ties to Russia by telling a group of insurance company CEOs, “I haven’t called Russia in 10 years.”

In fact, Trump traveled to Russia just four years ago, to host a Miss Universe beauty pageant. Meanwhile, the revelation of contacts between Russian officials and Trump’s former national security adviser, Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, led to Flynn’s firing last week.  

Despite these recent developments, Spicer insisted there was no need for any further investigation into the matter, and he rejected calls by some Republican lawmakers for a special prosecutor to look into the ties between the Trump administration and Russia.

“A special prosecutor for what?” Spicer shot back, when asked about the demands from Capitol Hill. “How many people have to say there is nothing there, before you realize that there is nothing there?”

But even as he insisted there was nothing to investigate, Spicer admitted he “can’t say unequivocally” that members of Trump’s campaign were not in contact with Russian officials.  

He also admitted that the White House went to great lengths to discredit reporting on these contacts by journalists, including an effort to arrange calls earlier this month between journalists and top administration officials as well as members of Congress willing to knock down a New York Times story about contacts between the Trump campaign and senior Russian officials.

“We were pointing [the journalists] to subject matter experts who understood whether or not that story was accurate,” Spicer said Monday.

The arranged calls, which included Republicans in Congress and CIA director Mike Pompeo, were seen by critics as potentially improper White House interference with intelligence agencies and congressional intelligence committees.  

• Upvote 5

Just like the WaPo article said, Spicer really is the Frank Burns of Capitol Hill.  Does that make Kellyann Margaret Houlihan?

I wish SNL would hurry back before all the good jokes are gone.

• Upvote 5

Hypocrite much?

Sean Spicer relaxes on 'fake news' CNN, after network publishes poll favourable to Donald Trump's Congress speech

And about that poll: these statistics mean nothing, really. It's another example of statistics being manipulated to twist the message, because this poll only takes the opinions into account from people that actually watched the speech. It's rather probable that the majority of those watching were repubs and trumpvidians. Of course their opinions will be mostly favorable. :roll: 

• Upvote 4

But @fraurosena, didn't you know that CNN can only be real news if it positive to orange fuckface?! Also that would be too much thinking for Spicey to realize that! Oh how my eyes are permanently stuck rolled whenever discussing this administration.

Also like SNL said, Spicey thinks words are hard and now, and the pressure is getting to him:

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh, Spicey, Spicey, Spicey: "Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping"

The White House on Monday walked back a key point of President Donald Trump's unsubstantiated allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower during the 2016 election.

Namely, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Trump wasn't referring to wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping.

"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

Wiretapping is a narrowly defined surveillance activity that involves tapping into "a telephone or telegram wire in order to get information," according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Spicer also said that Trump was referring to the Obama administration broadly -- and not accusing Obama of personal involvement -- when he tweeted that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower" and accused Obama of being a "bad" or "sick guy."

Following the Spicey line of thinking... did you see the picture of Spicey's new Porsche 911 Carrera S? (since he's into using specific examples for "broad" things):

tricycle.JPG

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sigh, Spicey, Spicey, Spicey: "Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping"

Following the Spicey line of thinking... did you see the picture of Spicey's new Porsche 911 Carrera S? (since he's into using specific examples for "broad" things):

tricycle.JPG

Looks like Spicer's shoveling out the industrial strength bullshit this week. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 4

:giggle:

Sean Spicer's "air quote" explanations have far reaching consequences.

There is the little matter of how we’re supposed to take Donald Trump’s utterances.

From the very beginning, his various surrogates and spokespersons have been trying to explain his words away and it has become literally impossible to tell when he means what he says or is only just saying it.

Because air quotes. Trump used them during the campaign. Sean Spicer is using them now and telling us Trump’s use of quotation marks are air quotes. Because “wiretapping” is different from wiretapping.

The article has some hilarious twitter responses. I particularly liked this one:

And this one by our beloved George Takei:

Edited by fraurosena
accidentally posted ted lieu's tweet twice
  • Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, Childless said:

Really.  Spicey would be better off keeping his mouth shut.  

Hell no! Where would we get our daily laughs then? :kitty-wink:

No, keep 'em coming, Spicey, keep 'em coming. Not only inspiration for our beloved Melissa McCarthy, but at the same time, you're digging a deep, deep hole for the presidunce.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Hell no! Where would we get our daily laughs then? :kitty-wink:

No, keep 'em coming, Spicey, keep 'em coming. Not only inspiration for our beloved Melissa McCarthy, but at the same time, you're digging a deep, deep hole for the presidunce.

I love how twice recently, John Oliver called Sean, Melissa. If the tangerine toddler actually watched and understood John Oliver, he'd be barfing all over Twitter about it.

• Upvote 6

(Thanks to Stephen Colbert)  Spicer reminds me of a bleached Minion.

Edited by FloraKitty35
  • Upvote 2

He's speaking again.  Another day, another incoherent ramble full of accusations and non-answers.  Sigh.

• Upvote 4

"Sean Spicer had another very bad week"

Look, Sean Spicer has a really hard job. His boss is an avid consumer of media who thinks he always knows better how to sell stories and deal with reporters. His boss is also the president of the United States.

Spicer is forever caught between two constituencies: Donald Trump and the White House press corps. And, time and time again, he sides with Trump — often at the expense of those pesky things called facts.

What Spicer seems to not get — or what Trump won't allow him to get — is that when he is standing behind the podium in the White House briefing room, he is a spokesman for the entire United States, not just the president. And when facts get such short shrift, it has real-world effects — on our allies and our enemies.

I've written before that Spicer deserves some level of empathy given the impossibility of his situation. But he knew what he was getting into when he took the job, and his repeated inability to find a sweet spot between the demands of his boss and the needs of the press corps means that he had the Worst Week in Washington. Again.

I have no sympathy for him.

• Upvote 5

I have some sympathy for him. I mean, someone has to do the job and he is making a valiant effort to distract, dissuade and dilute Trump's ravings.  He appears to have a sense of humour. I loved it when he told the press corps not to make him move the podium, for example. The consensus here seems to be that he's stupid. I don't agree. And he will probably age more than any sitting president. He has a decidedly unenviable job. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

13 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I have some sympathy for him. I mean, someone has to do the job and he is making a valiant effort to distract, dissuade and dilute Trump's ravings.  He appears to have a sense of humour. I loved it when he told the press corps not to make him move the podium, for example. The consensus here seems to be that he's stupid. I don't agree. And he will probably age more than any sitting president. He has a decidedly unenviable job. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

I don't think he's stupid. I think he's foolish for throwing his lot in with Agent Orange.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I don't think he's stupid. I think he's foolish for throwing his lot in with Agent Orange.

On this we definitely agree!  Someone has to do it though....

• Upvote 1

He just won't give up. "Spicer: Just the ‘beginning phase’ of investigating whether Trump Tower was surveilled"

White House press secretary Sean Spicer continued Monday to defend President Trump’s claims that Trump's predecessor ordered surveillance of Trump Tower during the presidential election campaign, even as FBI Director James B. Comey testified to Congress that there is “no information” supporting that claim.

“We are still at the beginning phase of a look as to what kind of surveillance took place and why,” Spicer told reporters at his daily briefing at the White House.

Spicer argued that Trump critics have focused too narrowly on the president’s use of the term “wiretapping” when he first leveled his explosive charge against former president Barack Obama on Twitter more than two weeks ago.

Spicer also sought to downplay testimony by Comey that there is an ongoing counterintelligence investigation into the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 election and that the probe extends to the nature of any links between Trump campaign associates and the Russian government.

Spicer stressed that an ongoing investigation into possible collusion between Russians and the Trump campaign doesn’t mean that there was any. And he said that several people who have been briefed by the FBI have publicly said they’ve seen no evidence of collusion.

“Investigating it and having proof of it are two different things,” Spicer said. “I think it’s fine to look into it, but at the end of the day they’re going to come to the same conclusion that everybody else has had.”

• Upvote 3