IGNORED

Sean Spicer: King of Alternative Facts

GreyhoundFan

43 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It will be the longest book in the history of books, with the most pages ever, period.

Or, at least, will feel that way!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 9/14/2017 at 10:53 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

He says he isn't going to write a book. I wonder if that's true or if he'll succumb to the large paycheck he could get.

From a mid-September appearance on Jimmy Kimmel.  Since he's now decided to write a book, I hope he'll be bluntly truthful, but assume he'll alter some facts to further his career (whatever that may be).  If anyone does read the book, I hope you'll report back with any interesting tidbits. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Howl said:

"Spicer told Fox News' Sean Hannity on Monday night."

Way to up the credibility factor, Spicey. 

Yeah, Spicey's going nowhere with this if the Faux News crowd is his intended audience. He'd do much better to dish, but the little weasel isn't going do that, Pope visit or no :my_sad: pope visit.

Still, I almost miss him.  At least he looked a little uncomfortable when he was lying his ass off.  Sarah Huckafuckabee is completely all-in.  Not the slightest bit of discomfort no matter what preposterous thing she is saying.  Special place in hell....

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

From a mid-September appearance on Jimmy Kimmel.  Since he's now decided to write a book, I hope he'll be bluntly truthful, but assume he'll alter some facts to further his career (whatever that may be).  If anyone does read the book, I hope you'll report back with any interesting tidbits. 

He just didn't know what he was saying at the time.  Of course he'll write a book.  It's easy money, since he'll no doubt be working with a ghostwriter, and it'll tide him over until he can find a new job.

• Upvote 7

So, did the speaking circuit not work out for him? Well, it's not like he ever appeared interesting in his last job.

I wonder what he's getting for selling his soul with this kiss-ass book. Because I sense that it will be a lovely tale of a misunderstood highly successful business man who's attempts to save America, Christianity and Christmas were blocked by the ebil MSM. And how difficult it was on a daily basis to be the spokesman for this wonderful message of change while being assailed by biased fake journalists. Blah, blah, blah, blah.

• Upvote 8

• 4 weeks later...

The first screw up was taking the job in the first place: "Sean Spicer: ‘There were times where I screwed up’"

Spoiler

Sean Spicer says he’s a “very self-critical person.” And when he looks back on his time as the embattled White House press secretary, he has a few regrets.

“There were times where I screwed up, there’s no question about it,” he told conservative commentator S.E. Cupp on HLN  on Thursday.

First and foremost among these times, he said, was his infamous assertion that the crowd size at Trump’s inauguration was the largest ever.

“What I said is ‘the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration in person or around the globe,’ ” Spicer told Cupp. “The fact of the matter is that there are platforms like Twitter and Facebook and Instagram that were not available in previous administrations.”

But, he added: “What I do regret is that we didn’t emphasize those points enough. We focused too much on the pictures.” He has previously also said he regrets berating the news media for accurate reports that President Barack Obama’s inauguration crowd was bigger than President Trump’s.

The Washington Post’s fact-checker gave Spicer’s statement four Pinocchios at the time, the worst rating, reserved for “whoppers.”

There was also the time he criticized Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s use of chemical weapons, and ended up downplaying the horrors of the Holocaust. Spicer said that even Adolf Hitler did not sink to that level of warfare and “was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing,” despite Hitler’s use of gas chambers to kill millions of Jews and others.

“I screwed that up royally,” Spicer told Cupp, adding that “when I screwed up, yeah, it felt really bad.”

“You realize that you’re tarnishing your personal reputation, your family’s reputation, your friends who like and support you, some of your colleagues and ultimately . . . this administration and the American people.”

Indeed, Spicer has been asked numerous times in recent months to open up about his missteps and regrets from his time in the White House. Jimmy Kimmel mocked him to his face about the inauguration crowd size remarks. He even poked fun at his own claims in a controversial cameo at the Emmys.

“I honestly went out every day to do the best job I could for the president of the United States who gave me an unbelievable honor,” he said.

Asked by Cupp on Thursday if he ever blatantly lied on behalf of the president, Spicer said he had not.

“There’s no question that sometimes . . . information changed as facts became available to us . . .,” he said, but added that “at no time did I go up and say something that was . . . demonstrably false.”

Spicer argued that “there was an intensity and a scrutiny that has never been seen before in a White House.”

He said that while the role of White House press secretary was his dream job, he quickly realized his boss would be unlike any of his predecessors’ bosses. He needed to adapt to the style of an unconventional president — a task that he admitted was “absolutely” difficult.

Spicer, whose tenure was marked by a contentious relationship with the press, resigned in July after clashing with Trump over the appointment of Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

He has since announced that he will be releasing a book in the summer to “set the record straight” about his time with the Trump administration. The book, titled “The Briefing,” will be released on July 23.

But on Thursday, most of the conversation in Washington surrounded a different book: Michael Wolff’s “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”

Asked about the scathing portrayal of the Trump administration in book excerpts, Spicer said: “There is no question that the accuracy of this book is definitely in question.”

He said the idea that Melania Trump was crying “is nonsense.” He asserted that several quotes attributed to him and to other people “frankly never happened.” And he said he was troubled that Stephen K. Bannon, Trump’s former chief strategist, had not denied the unflattering quotes attributed to him in the book.

“While he may continue to say he’s a supporter of the president and his agenda, what we didn’t hear is a denial,” Spicer said.

“You don’t attack the president’s family,” he added.

He's still lying in service to Agent Orange.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Asked about the scathing portrayal of the Trump administration in book excerpts, Spicer said: “There is no question that the accuracy of this book is definitely in question.”

There is no question that there is a question. Welcome to double speak

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• 5 months later...

Spicey got a new job: "Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer to serve as spokesman for Trump-aligned super PAC"

Spoiler

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer, who left his post last year after a turbulent tenure, has landed a job with the Trump-aligned America First Action super PAC.

Spicer, who was known for his combative press briefings and was caricatured on “Saturday Night Live,” will be a spokesman and senior adviser to the group, which works to elect candidates who support the agenda of President Trump.

“Sean Spicer is one of the most well-known and well-respected political insiders of our time,” Brian O. Walsh, president of America First Action, said in a statement. “Only a select few will ever fully understand the pressure, privilege, and responsibility that come with standing at the Presidential press podium. Sean’s unparalleled political experience, communications savvy, and strong commitment to this administration’s agenda make him an invaluable addition to our organization.”

[Sean Spicer announces book to ‘set the record straight’ about Trump’s campaign, presidency]

Spicer said in a statement that he is “honored to join a team whose mission is to help fulfill the President’s promises to the American people, while helping elect officials who will do the same.”

A book written by Spicer, “The Briefing,” is set to be released in July through Regnery Publishing, which bills itself as “the country’s leading publisher of conservative books.” Spicer said in an interview on Fox News late last year that the book would “set the record straight” on what he called a “mass amount of incorrect and malicious attacks on the president” during his tenure.

Since leaving the administration, Spicer has continued to champion Trump and his agenda, often appearing as a commentator on Fox stations.

Key Trump loyalists have earned tens of thousands of dollars through their firms for providing communications and fundraising consulting and other services to America First Action since 2017.

According to the group’s Federal Election Commission filings, former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski’s consulting business, former campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson’s firm, former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke’s firm and former campaign digital media director Brad Parscale’s business all earned at least tens of thousands of dollars each.

A firm founded by Marty Obst, an adviser to Vice President Pence and a former Pence campaign manager, also provided fundraising consulting services.

Earlier this year, America First Policies, an advocacy group affiliated with the super PAC, hired Carl Higbie, a former Trump administration official, as director of advocacy. Higbie reportedly left the group this month.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Alexandra Petri snarks on Spicey's new book: "Sean Spicer facts about Sean Spicer’s book"

Spoiler

Since Sean Spicer has been on the “Today” show, “Megyn Kelly Today,” CNN and other outlets promoting his new book, I guess we are all supposed to be getting in on the promotional book train! Here are some fun facts about his new book, offered in the same spirit in which he has previously regarded fact.

• I have read it.
  • I have read it more times than any book in history.
  • Three million to 5 million fraudulent voters also read it.
  • I bought it and my dog rose up on its hind legs and ran screaming from my home, crying, “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.”
  • I bought it and brought it home, and when I turned around there was a faceless man with a briefcase standing in the corner of the room. Every time I turned around there was another faceless man with a briefcase. The men were all the same, but each briefcase was different. Some were ragged and worn, and others were new and made of shiny leather. Soon the room was full to bursting with the faceless men and their myriad briefcases. I tried to sneak into the room to remove the book when I felt with a sudden inexplicable conviction that they had all turned to stare at me, although they had no faces and it should not have been possible for them to stare. I left the book and fled. I have not gone back to the house.
  • I brought it home and my cat no longer respects me.
  • I brought it home and all guests I have invited to my home have locked themselves in the bathroom and begged for the screaming to stop, although I could hear no screams.
  • I brought it home and all manner of birds began to fly at my windows, first small birds, sparrows, which flew and flew into the glass with tiny thuds until they fell dazed from the sky, then larger birds, robins, one of which managed to make a jagged crack in the glass, and then crows began to fly into the glass, until the whole thing was a network of cracks. An eagle flew full speed toward the window and shattered it, and I seized the book and threw it out the window as hard as I could, but even as I did so I heard the beating of vast leathery wings coming from the south, the wings unlike those of any bird that I have ever heard.
  • I bought Spicer’s book, and all the history books began to disappear from my shelves, though not all at once. I opened a history of the 20th century and first only the pages that dealt with World War II, then half of the pages, then all of them had been colored over with a child’s red crayon. Now more and more of my books are being colored over with this red crayon, all of my books except “Madame Bovary.” I do not know when the crayon will stop.
  • I bought Spicer’s book and brought it home, and now my reflection turns around when I look into the mirror, which makes it very difficult and onerous to get dressed in the morning, but I have experienced no other ill effects.
  • I bought Spicer’s book, and the next morning I discovered that my bathroom sink was clogged. When I unscrewed it and reached in to unclog it, a tiny hand grasped mine and began to pull me down. I screamed and my husband threw away the book, but my fingers are still numb and red where the tiny hand touched mine.
  • I have tapes of all of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I brought Sloppy Spice’s book home and all of my neighbors moved away leaving all of their possessions behind. 

I brought the book home and my neighbors built a wall between my house and theirs. 

• Haha 6

More about Spicey's book: "Sean Spicer is still trying to gaslight America about President Trump"

Spoiler

During his brief, comic stint as White House press secretary, Sean Spicer had a special, up-close view of President Trump. In his memoir, “The Briefing,” he portrays a president who may seem foreign to many Americans. In Spicer’s telling, Trump has a “deep vein of compassion and sympathy.” He is a “man of Christian instincts and feeling.” He is a man who showed his humanity in a phone call after Spicer’s father passed away. “The sincere compassion and empathy in his voice was something I will never forget,” the former press secretary writes. “I wish more people saw that side of him.”

What many people see is something quite different. Instead of a wonderful, loving man, the American public sees a fellow who boasts of “grabbing” women “by the p----,” a fellow who denigrates the parents of a soldier who was killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq, a fellow who tweeted that MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski was “bleeding badly from a face-lift,” a fellow who presided over family separations at the Southern border, a fellow who . . . there is just too much in this category.

Even a half-witted political memoir would grapple with such a disconnect — perhaps by acknowledging some fault in the boss, or perhaps by comparing his low points with those of other presidents. Yet “The Briefing” isn’t a political memoir, nor is it a work of recent history, nor a tell-all, or tell-anything. Rather, it is a bumbling effort at gaslighting Americans into doubting what they have seen with their own eyes as far back as June 2015, when Trump announced his candidacy and labeled Mexican immigrants as rapists, beginning a pattern of racist attacks.

A copy of the memoir, to be released Tuesday, was obtained by The Washington Post.

Spicer marches in lockstep with the Trump administration’s now-common practice of maligning the news media. He rummages through the mistakes of major news outlets during the Trump era. The Washington Post, the New York Times, ABC News, CNN and others are criticized for false reports or suspect claims, such as the time Spicer stood accused — falsely, he says — of expropriating a mini-refrigerator from junior staff members. Spicer draws a broad conclusion about the media from an unfortunate incident on Inauguration Day when Time magazine reporter Zeke Miller tweeted incorrectly that the Oval Office’s bust of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. had been removed. Spicer writes, “It reaffirmed the way the media has been transformed: by believing that being first and sensational is better than being right. The problem is that, once tweeted or reported, a breaking story begins the narrative, and no correction ever has as much impact as the initial report, no matter how wrong it is.”

To hear Spicer lecture about errors, one might suppose he’d show some concern about the false and misleading tweets that Trump blasts daily to his 53 million followers. “In the face of these outbursts, the media often expected me to be an ombudsman if not an outright apologist for Donald Trump’s tweets,” writes Spicer, 46. “I never did that. And I consider my stance on this to be a matter of principle.”

On the larger question of Trump’s mendacity . . . uh, what mendacity? Twisting language into the incomprehensible — and meaningless — was a special talent of Spicer the press secretary and also clearly of Spicer the memoirist. In discussing the president’s truthfulness, he writes: “If Trump was frank to a fault, openly imprecise in his language, and brashly indulgent of ‘truthful hyperbole’ on his own behalf, many found Hillary to be skirting the truth in ways that were much more serious.” If that passage was hard to track, try this one from Spicer in the White House briefing room; here he was responding to a national security question: “I think that it is interesting, the level of or the lack of interest that I’ve seen in these developments when it goes in one direction versus, where I think it was going, where other, other amounts of interest that have come from this room and beyond.”

Trump’s use of language — often slandering his opponents, for instance, as “Lyin’ Ted,” “Little Marco” or “Crooked Hillary” — doesn’t seem in Spicer’s view to be either coarse or an unfortunate precedent for presidential politics. It was genius. Trump “was a master of branding and psyched out his opponents by defining them with nicknames that stuck,” Spicer writes.

As he embarked on his half-year tenure as press secretary, Spicer floated the controversial idea of moving the briefings to a larger space in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. Jeff Mason, a Reuters correspondent then serving as the president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, told Spicer that more room might be needed in the early weeks of the administration, but that interest in the briefings would diminish as time went on. Attempting to show what a clever soul he was, particularly in comparison to some know-nothing journalist, Spicer writes: “As the calendar flipped from February to March, and the briefings became ‘must-see TV,’ attracting millions of daily viewers, I would gently remind him of that prediction.”

Spicer’s observation demonstrates a tragicomic lack of self-awareness. Has the former press secretary entirely forgotten his portrayal by Melissa McCarthy on “Saturday Night Live”? His appearances on the briefing podium were “must-see TV” precisely because they were absurd ineptitude that facilitated McCarthy’s sendups. Spicer doesn’t offer much personal reflection on McCarthy’s performances. He seems a little confused about how to respond. “I had no choice but to laugh,” he writes. “But there was no denying it was funny.”

In tracing his career, Spicer lays out a classic Washington tale. He secured grunt work as a young professional, he networked, he gave his life to Republican politics, he got a break or two in the campaign field and he ultimately landed at the Republican National Committee working alongside Reince Priebus. When Trump came along, there was Spicer, ready to help. For years and years, in other words, Spicer labored in Republican politics, all for the privilege of working for this boorish president. Did Spicer undergo a period of soul-searching? There’s little sign of it in his book. Trump won, and that was that.

Spicer relives the controversy over the crowd size at Trump’s inauguration. The morning after the ceremony, Trump phoned his press secretary to ask if he’d seen the news. “The president was clear,” Spicer writes. “This needed to be addressed — now.” He held a press event and offered what he thought was a strong statement about the media’s inaccurate reporting on inauguration attendance and then left without taking questions.

“I went back to my office, expecting an ‘attaboy’ from the president; instead Reince was waiting for me and said the president wasn’t happy at all with how I had performed.”

Silly Spicer — it had escaped him that the president wanted a “polished, nuanced argument defending his position.” The former press secretary blames himself for this oversight. “I started to wonder if my first day would be my last,” he writes. “I had made a bad first impression, and looking back, that was the beginning of the end.”

The Briefing

Politics, the Press, and the President

By Sean Spicer

Regnery. 278 pp. $28.99

Um, I would not pay $29 to read that dreck. I certainly don't want a penny of my hard-earned money to go in Spicey's pockets. And, for such a relatively short (278 pages) book, it's ridiculously expensive.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More about Spicey's book: "Sean Spicer is still trying to gaslight America about President Trump"

Reveal hidden contents

During his brief, comic stint as White House press secretary, Sean Spicer had a special, up-close view of President Trump. In his memoir, “The Briefing,” he portrays a president who may seem foreign to many Americans. In Spicer’s telling, Trump has a “deep vein of compassion and sympathy.” He is a “man of Christian instincts and feeling.” He is a man who showed his humanity in a phone call after Spicer’s father passed away. “The sincere compassion and empathy in his voice was something I will never forget,” the former press secretary writes. “I wish more people saw that side of him.”

What many people see is something quite different. Instead of a wonderful, loving man, the American public sees a fellow who boasts of “grabbing” women “by the p----,” a fellow who denigrates the parents of a soldier who was killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq, a fellow who tweeted that MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski was “bleeding badly from a face-lift,” a fellow who presided over family separations at the Southern border, a fellow who . . . there is just too much in this category.

Even a half-witted political memoir would grapple with such a disconnect — perhaps by acknowledging some fault in the boss, or perhaps by comparing his low points with those of other presidents. Yet “The Briefing” isn’t a political memoir, nor is it a work of recent history, nor a tell-all, or tell-anything. Rather, it is a bumbling effort at gaslighting Americans into doubting what they have seen with their own eyes as far back as June 2015, when Trump announced his candidacy and labeled Mexican immigrants as rapists, beginning a pattern of racist attacks.

A copy of the memoir, to be released Tuesday, was obtained by The Washington Post.

Spicer marches in lockstep with the Trump administration’s now-common practice of maligning the news media. He rummages through the mistakes of major news outlets during the Trump era. The Washington Post, the New York Times, ABC News, CNN and others are criticized for false reports or suspect claims, such as the time Spicer stood accused — falsely, he says — of expropriating a mini-refrigerator from junior staff members. Spicer draws a broad conclusion about the media from an unfortunate incident on Inauguration Day when Time magazine reporter Zeke Miller tweeted incorrectly that the Oval Office’s bust of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. had been removed. Spicer writes, “It reaffirmed the way the media has been transformed: by believing that being first and sensational is better than being right. The problem is that, once tweeted or reported, a breaking story begins the narrative, and no correction ever has as much impact as the initial report, no matter how wrong it is.”

To hear Spicer lecture about errors, one might suppose he’d show some concern about the false and misleading tweets that Trump blasts daily to his 53 million followers. “In the face of these outbursts, the media often expected me to be an ombudsman if not an outright apologist for Donald Trump’s tweets,” writes Spicer, 46. “I never did that. And I consider my stance on this to be a matter of principle.”

On the larger question of Trump’s mendacity . . . uh, what mendacity? Twisting language into the incomprehensible — and meaningless — was a special talent of Spicer the press secretary and also clearly of Spicer the memoirist. In discussing the president’s truthfulness, he writes: “If Trump was frank to a fault, openly imprecise in his language, and brashly indulgent of ‘truthful hyperbole’ on his own behalf, many found Hillary to be skirting the truth in ways that were much more serious.” If that passage was hard to track, try this one from Spicer in the White House briefing room; here he was responding to a national security question: “I think that it is interesting, the level of or the lack of interest that I’ve seen in these developments when it goes in one direction versus, where I think it was going, where other, other amounts of interest that have come from this room and beyond.”

Trump’s use of language — often slandering his opponents, for instance, as “Lyin’ Ted,” “Little Marco” or “Crooked Hillary” — doesn’t seem in Spicer’s view to be either coarse or an unfortunate precedent for presidential politics. It was genius. Trump “was a master of branding and psyched out his opponents by defining them with nicknames that stuck,” Spicer writes.

As he embarked on his half-year tenure as press secretary, Spicer floated the controversial idea of moving the briefings to a larger space in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. Jeff Mason, a Reuters correspondent then serving as the president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, told Spicer that more room might be needed in the early weeks of the administration, but that interest in the briefings would diminish as time went on. Attempting to show what a clever soul he was, particularly in comparison to some know-nothing journalist, Spicer writes: “As the calendar flipped from February to March, and the briefings became ‘must-see TV,’ attracting millions of daily viewers, I would gently remind him of that prediction.”

Spicer’s observation demonstrates a tragicomic lack of self-awareness. Has the former press secretary entirely forgotten his portrayal by Melissa McCarthy on “Saturday Night Live”? His appearances on the briefing podium were “must-see TV” precisely because they were absurd ineptitude that facilitated McCarthy’s sendups. Spicer doesn’t offer much personal reflection on McCarthy’s performances. He seems a little confused about how to respond. “I had no choice but to laugh,” he writes. “But there was no denying it was funny.”

In tracing his career, Spicer lays out a classic Washington tale. He secured grunt work as a young professional, he networked, he gave his life to Republican politics, he got a break or two in the campaign field and he ultimately landed at the Republican National Committee working alongside Reince Priebus. When Trump came along, there was Spicer, ready to help. For years and years, in other words, Spicer labored in Republican politics, all for the privilege of working for this boorish president. Did Spicer undergo a period of soul-searching? There’s little sign of it in his book. Trump won, and that was that.

Spicer relives the controversy over the crowd size at Trump’s inauguration. The morning after the ceremony, Trump phoned his press secretary to ask if he’d seen the news. “The president was clear,” Spicer writes. “This needed to be addressed — now.” He held a press event and offered what he thought was a strong statement about the media’s inaccurate reporting on inauguration attendance and then left without taking questions.

“I went back to my office, expecting an ‘attaboy’ from the president; instead Reince was waiting for me and said the president wasn’t happy at all with how I had performed.”

Silly Spicer — it had escaped him that the president wanted a “polished, nuanced argument defending his position.” The former press secretary blames himself for this oversight. “I started to wonder if my first day would be my last,” he writes. “I had made a bad first impression, and looking back, that was the beginning of the end.”

The Briefing

Politics, the Press, and the President

By Sean Spicer

Regnery. 278 pp. $28.99

Um, I would not pay $29 to read that dreck. I certainly don't want a penny of my hard-earned money to go in Spicey's pockets. And, for such a relatively short (278 pages) book, it's ridiculously expensive.

Unfortunately, hardcover books are retailing for $28-$35 now pretty regularly, unless you can get a deal at Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I think my new Beth Harbison, which comes out tomorrow, is costing me $27. I pre-ordered that in May.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Unfortunately, hardcover books are retailing for $28-$35 now pretty regularly, unless you can get a deal at Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I think my new Beth Harbison, which comes out tomorrow, is costing me $27. I pre-ordered that in May.

Wow, I didn't realize that. I've been using my Kindle for so long that I haven't paid attention to the price of physical books. Also, I'm so cheap that I usually wait until a book I want is on "Deal of the Day" for < $3.99.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow, I didn't realize that. I've been using my Kindle for so long that I haven't paid attention to the price of physical books. Also, I'm so cheap that I usually wait until a book I want is on "Deal of the Day" for < $3.99.

I have a few authors I support and buy their books when they come out- Wendy Wax, Mary Kay Andrews, Beth Harbison, Dorothea Benton Frank, Elin Hildebrand, Sarah Pekkanan, Jennifer Weiner (not very active in adult fiction any more) Emily Giffin, and Haywood Smith (no longer active). Others I either buy off the bargain rack at Barnes & Noble if I want to acquire them, or check them out from the public library so I read them and it cost me nothing. I have a Nook, and I have bought books for that, but I'm always afraid that Barnes & Noble is going to go out of business like Borders did and I might not be able to access those books any longer if I've archived them. Plus, there's a little guy I spend quite a lot of time with and I like for him to see me reading paper copies of books. I used to just have my Nook and he would always think that I was playing games on it instead of reading. We do a reading time every day for he looks at his books and I read mine for about 10 minutes, and then I will read books to him for about 10 minutes. It's very important to me that he sees me reading so he knows that adults read and enjoy books as much as children do.

Edited by Audrey2
Should be a Nook, not enough, and I added Beth Harbison.
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Former Press sec is threatening to sue AP because they reported he got heckled by the guy who said Sean called him the n-word

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/399373-spicer-threatens-legal-action-over-ap-report-on-black-mans-allegation-he-used

I don't know if he has a case? they didn't report as fact that he called anyone the n-word, they reported that there was an incident in which someone claimed that

• 1 year later...

He's baaaack: "Sean Spicer joins the cast of 'Dancing with the Stars'"

Spoiler

(CNN)Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer is hitting the dance floor and joining the cast of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

Spicer was announced Wednesday alongside the rest of the cast on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"The nice thing is Sean will be in charge of assessing audience size," "Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron joked on "Good Morning America."

Bergeron later tweeted that he had hoped the show "would be a joyful respite from our exhausting political climate and free of inevitably divisive bookings from ANY party affiliations" but that the producers decided to "'go in a different direction.'"

Spicer infamously made his first appearance in the White House briefing room the day after President Donald Trump's inauguration to dispute the crowd size at the event. Side-by-side photos showed a larger gathering for former President Barack Obama, but Spicer declared, "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period."

Spicer, since resigning from press secretary, said he "absolutely" regrets the incident. Since leaving office, Spicer has been actively working to rehabilitate himself in the public eye.

When asked about his strategy to win, Spicer told GMA with a laugh, "Work really, really, really hard every day."

Other stars joining the show for its 28th season include former "Bachelorette" Hannah Brown, actor James Van Der Beek, cast member of Netflix's "Queer Eye" Karamo Brown, country singer Lauren Alaina and former NFL player Ray Lewis.

• WTF 3
  • Haha 1

Well, he's got the Two-step and fade down... But will it finally help him win at something?

Spoiler

source.gif

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He's baaaack: "Sean Spicer joins the cast of 'Dancing with the Stars'"

Hide contents

(CNN)Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer is hitting the dance floor and joining the cast of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

Spicer was announced Wednesday alongside the rest of the cast on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"The nice thing is Sean will be in charge of assessing audience size," "Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron joked on "Good Morning America."

Bergeron later tweeted that he had hoped the show "would be a joyful respite from our exhausting political climate and free of inevitably divisive bookings from ANY party affiliations" but that the producers decided to "'go in a different direction.'"

Spicer infamously made his first appearance in the White House briefing room the day after President Donald Trump's inauguration to dispute the crowd size at the event. Side-by-side photos showed a larger gathering for former President Barack Obama, but Spicer declared, "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period."

Spicer, since resigning from press secretary, said he "absolutely" regrets the incident. Since leaving office, Spicer has been actively working to rehabilitate himself in the public eye.

When asked about his strategy to win, Spicer told GMA with a laugh, "Work really, really, really hard every day."

Other stars joining the show for its 28th season include former "Bachelorette" Hannah Brown, actor James Van Der Beek, cast member of Netflix's "Queer Eye" Karamo Brown, country singer Lauren Alaina and former NFL player Ray Lewis.

Well, that's one show I won't be watching then.

• I Agree 5

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I heard this today and I'm seriously WTAF.  DH and I have been watching DWTS since Year One, although he still follows it much more seriously than I.   WTAF, DWTS?

There's one loser male politician on many seasons.  Rick Perry and what's his name, both Texans.  

Sheesh. 

• Upvote 1