IGNORED

Sean Spicer: King of Alternative Facts

GreyhoundFan

@iweartanktops suggested a Sean Spicer thread. Since he's a stain who isn't going away, I agree with her. So, here we go...a place to talk about the chief liar/spokesperson.

Here are a couple of memes from Twitter that I thought were apropos.

spicer_titanic.JPG

spicer.JPG

spicer_girls.JPG

• Upvote 21

I'm so disappointed with that "speech". He sucks at talking. Also WHY did no one ask about Bowling Green?! That's the only reason I watched him say NOTHING for 10 minutes. 

Also, apparently black people only live in inner cities or rural areas. He does realize that plenty of us live in the suburbs, no? Never mind. 

• Upvote 14

Wait.. what... there are suburbs in America? No way!:5624795ddab2a_32(34):

• Upvote 6

Aaaannnndddd.... he made himself a laughing-stock again! 

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/the-white-house-cant-even-get-our-prime-ministers-name-right/news-story/d01f8590e506fff7fce9466d5d67f5c1

(I love that #Trumble is trending now on twitter.)

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Wait.. what... there are suburbs in America? No way!:5624795ddab2a_32(34):

Yes, but no black people live there...at least according to Spicer and the rest of the Drumpfenidiots.

• Upvote 12

melissa mccarthy did not play sean spicer;  SHE BECAME SEAN SPICER

OMG, Melissa McCarthy is simply beyond brilliant.  

Moose Lambs!  De-Turd!  SNL is killin' it.

Sweet George Stephanopoulos threw a little passive-aggressive shade by playing part of that SNL Sean Spicer clip on his CNN news show to introduce a segment on the adversarial situation between Trump and the press.  Heh. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

That was a brilliant sketch. She just nailed it. Kate McKinnon as Betsy DeVos is also priceless.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 8

Melissa is a better Sean Spicer than the real thing.   This is going to be like it was when I would see Sarah Palin on tv and think it was Tina Fey! LOL!

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Spicer saw that sketch too. Says he found it funny.

Trump may not be happy about such compliment to fake news/terrible show/whatever he called SNL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-spicer-responds-to-melissa-mccarthys-snl-sketch_us_58988795e4b0c1284f26d5ed

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Spicer saw that sketch too. Says he found it funny.

Trump may not be happy about such compliment to fake news/terrible show/whatever he called SNL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-spicer-responds-to-melissa-mccarthys-snl-sketch_us_58988795e4b0c1284f26d5ed

I am happy to see that Sean Spicer has a sense of humor, unlike his boss. If you're going to be in the public eye, you need to realize that some will poke fun at you. I think of a classic SNL skit, with Tim Meadows as OJ Simpson. While diagramming a football play, the marks spell out, "I did it."

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I am happy to see that Sean Spicer has a sense of humor, unlike his boss. If you're going to be in the public eye, you need to realize that some will poke fun at you. I think of a classic SNL skit, with Tim Meadows as OJ Simpson. While diagramming a football play, the marks spell out, "I did it."

SNL is fake news!  Oh no... I never knew that. Shocking. :wow:

• Upvote 7

Are Spicer's days numbered?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/melissa-mccarthy-sean-spicer-234715

As the press secretary for a president who's obsessed with how things play on cable TV, Sean Spicer’s real audience during his daily televised press briefings has always been an audience of one.

And the devastating “Saturday Night Live” caricature of Spicer that aired over the weekend — in which a belligerent Spicer was spoofed by a gum-chomping, super soaker-wielding Melissa McCarthy in drag — did not go over well internally at a White House in which looks matter.

More than being lampooned as a press secretary who makes up facts, it was Spicer’s portrayal by a woman that was most problematic in the president’s eyes, according to sources close to him. And the unflattering send-up by a female comedian was not considered helpful for Spicer’s longevity in the grueling, high-profile job in which he has struggled to strike the right balance between representing an administration that considers the media the "opposition party," and developing a functional relationship with the press.

"Trump doesn't like his people to look weak," added a top Trump donor.

• Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, Dark Matters said:

As the press secretary for a president who's obsessed with how things play on cable TV, Sean Spicer’s real audience during his daily televised press briefings has always been an audience of one.

And the devastating “Saturday Night Live” caricature of Spicer that aired over the weekend — in which a belligerent Spicer was spoofed by a gum-chomping, super soaker-wielding Melissa McCarthy in drag — did not go over well internally at a White House in which looks matter.

More than being lampooned as a press secretary who makes up facts, it was Spicer’s portrayal by a woman that was most problematic in the president’s eyes, according to sources close to him. And the unflattering send-up by a female comedian was not considered helpful for Spicer’s longevity in the grueling, high-profile job in which he has struggled to strike the right balance between representing an administration that considers the media the "opposition party," and developing a functional relationship with the press.

I was just coming to post about that. The WaPo had a good quote:

"So, the fact that “Saturday Night Live” chose a woman to play Spicer was Trump's biggest problem with the sketch. And, according to a major Trump donor, that's because a woman playing a man makes Spicer look weak. (That idea deserves its own blog post, or maybe book.)"

That's pretty pitiful, that the fact that a woman portrayed Spicer is what upset Agent Orange, not the fact that Spicer is an idiot.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

The fact that Trump sees women as weak is ludicrous.  Even if physical strength is what forms his opinion, I'd hasten to say that Rhonda Rousey could easily kick his ass, Spicer's ass, and Pence's ass all at the same time.

• Upvote 9

I would be so sad to see Sean Spicer go, because it means no more Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer.  That would be an epic tragedy for the American people.  Melissa McCarthy is helping make SNL Great Again. 

• Upvote 18

5 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

"Trump doesn't like his people to look weak," added a top Trump donor

Well, he picked these idiots, and he looks just as weak as them! 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

That's great news! We have found a way to get rid of all Trump picks and Trump himself! SNL just need to cast women for all male roles, and they'll have no chance but to fire themselves. 

Who could do Pence impression?

• Upvote 12

Spicer really said that he can only hope that if Coretta Scott King was alive today, she would support Sessions. Did he READ THE WORDS SHE WROTE in her letter? Is he this stupid? 

• Upvote 12

8 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Spicer really said that he can only hope that if Coretta Scott King was alive today, she would support Sessions. Did he READ THE WORDS SHE WROTE in her letter? Is he this stupid? 

In a word, yes.  I really think he's just treading water at this point, trying not to drown.

• Upvote 4

Stupid Spicer's scandalous, scurrilous, shocking statements:  #547

• Upvote 7