IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

“I have four kids and I was getting them out of the house this morning to talk to the president about substance, so I may not be up to speed on all of them,” Kellyanne Conway said, referring to her husband’s tweets.

Everything she says sounds like a barb. *I* have four kids (not we have), *I* was getting them out of the house (the man I am married to does not help me), to talk to the president about substance (unlike some other men I know who speak nonsense) so I may not be up to speed on all of them (who, me? would I follow my husband's Twitter? never!)

remember when she tried to badmouth George as an anonymous source?

• Upvote 6

I think trumps relative silence on George is weird. He attacks other people for voicing less criticism. I admit I have no idea why this is going on or how a marriage survives this kind of political divide. To me this is different than just political disagreement in that one half is actively working for and being financially supported by someone who the other believes is corrupt and incompetent.

Maybe  they just don’t talk about what they each do all day.

• Upvote 7

One of Trump's WH meme trolls is attacking George 

Well but I do believe Trump wouldn't recognize him, he had trouble finding Pence

• Upvote 5

On 3/18/2019 at 3:38 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Sometimes I think Kellyanne is just evil. 

Only sometimes? You're way too nice, @AmazonGrace:pb_wink:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

At the end of this Josh Dawsey is talking about the Conways, saying George told him he tweets so he doesn't scream at his wife and that he's wanted her to leave her job but she won't, and that at a party Kellyanne ranted to several reporters about her marriage and reporters giving George attention (isn't ranting to reporters about him a bit counterproductive though, if you want them to ignore him)

It starts at about 39 minutes.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

CNN gonna hire her to lie on air. Look at this flaming trash ad

Huh. Could this sudden lovefest for Conway be attributed to that new, very conservative exec at CNN? Or is this tribute to Kellyanne a thank you for all the secret leaking she does?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Huh. Could this sudden lovefest for Conway be attributed to that new, very conservative exec at CNN? Or is this tribute to Kellyanne a thank you for all the secret leaking she does?

I vote lovefest. News organizations just don’t suddenly write such gushing bullshit like this. 

An editorial yes but this is coming as an official statement it smells like like a dumpster fire or Trumpsrer fire in this case. 

I haven’t seen Shit Stain complain about CNN lately so I’m thinking CNN is just Fox with a different logo. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I haven’t seen Shit Stain complain about CNN lately so I’m thinking CNN is just Fox with a different logo. 

That is a very scary development though. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No sir the husband from hell would be you. Well you and Derick Dillard. You, Derick Dillard, and Josh Duggar. 

Na the  title of #worsthubbyever goes to you and you alone 

• Upvote 4

What the heck does it even mean? "I, with her help, didn't give him the job he wanted"

Trump needs Kellyanne's help in order not to give George Conway jobs?

• Upvote 9

I keep trying to think how I would react if I were in George Conway's shoes, but I really can't because my husband wouldn't continue to work for someone who would treat me like that. FFS, at what point does money, power, and yapping on television become more important to you than the person you promised to love, honor, and cherish till the end of your life??? :confusion-shrug:

I really feel sorry for their kids. Hearing your mom's boss treat your dad in such a disrespectful manner and then having your mom stand by her boss? :shakehead2:

• I Agree 11

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

No sir the husband from hell would be you. Well you and Derick Dillard. You, Derick Dillard, and Josh Duggar. 

Na the  title of #worsthubbyever goes to you and you alone 

John Shrader is also in the top echelon of bad husbands.

• I Agree 6

59 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Shakespeare himself couldn’t have written a better clusterfuck tragedy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

The only logical explanation is that they're playing both sides. They both know the presidunce is a corrupt fool who might be impeached. So George attacks the presidunce and Kellyanne sucks up to him. If Trump's impeached, then George will step to the fore, saying 'see, I told you so' and Kellyanne will profess she knew all along but was trying to lessen the damage the presidunce could do by staying in the administration. If Trump gets the authoritarian rule he so desperately craves, then Kellyanne has got it made as a grand vizier to a foolish emperor without clothes, and George will suddenly become silent. Either way, the Conways win.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The only logical explanation is that they're playing both sides.

I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago.  George Conway is pushing the mental instability/malignant narcissist line hard, really hard.  So here's the deal or at least a possible, or even likely, deal. 

George is a very, very smart guy and a hard-core conservative operative.  From the Federalist Society WIKI:

In 2018, George T. Conway III, husband of Donald Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway, founded Checks and Balances, composed of more than a dozen members of the Federalist Society. The group urged "their fellow conservatives to speak up about what they say are the Trump administration's betrayals of bedrock legal norms." Conway said the founding of the group was "not an attack on the Federalist Society but a reminder of the core principles the society has stood for ever since that band of students gathered at Yale."

PENCE TAKES OVER IF TRUMP IS IMPEACHED.   Is there a secret movement afoot among Republicans to somehow get rid of Trump? Trump is becoming a huge liability; many/most representatives and senators don't feel they can denounce Trump outright, but see him as a liability. 

Trump has already accomplished the most persistent of conservative wet dreams: huge tax breaks for the ultra wealthy,  far right SCOTUS seat (with possibly one or more to come), Israel, dismantling government and creating a great climate for Koch and corporate interests to flourish screw American citizens. 

In my opinion, Teavangelical Pence is very electable in 2020 or at least less controversial than Trump and is aligned with most Federalist Society aspirations.  So it's a win-win to dump erratic and uncontrollable ding-bat Trump and install Pence, who can be easily manipulated.  There is also fear of the Mueller report, or perhaps SDNY and other indictments that will make Trump indefensible and radioactive.  

Kellyann hangs in there as the current spy at the White House, keeping things viable, or maybe she's a true believer -- not in Trump necessarily -- but what can be accomplished with Trump or Pence in office.

Right now I'm thinking that it's  an illusion that George and Kellyanne are at opposite ends of the spectrum; they could very well be working toward the same goal. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago.  George Conway is pushing the mental instability/malignant narcissist line hard, really hard.  So here's the deal or at least a possible, or even likely, deal. 

George is a very, very smart guy and a hard-core conservative operative.  From the Federalist Society WIKI:

PENCE TAKES OVER IF TRUMP IS IMPEACHED.   Is there a secret movement afoot among Republicans to somehow get rid of Trump? Trump is becoming a huge liability; many/most representatives and senators don't feel they can denounce Trump outright, but see him as a liability. 

Trump has already accomplished the most persistent of conservative wet dreams: huge tax breaks for the ultra wealthy,  far right SCOTUS seat (with possibly one or more to come), Israel, dismantling government and creating a great climate for Koch and corporate interests to flourish screw American citizens. 

In my opinion, Teavangelical Pence is very electable in 2020 or at least less controversial than Trump and is aligned with most Federalist Society aspirations.  So it's a win-win to dump erratic and uncontrollable ding-bat Trump and install Pence, who can be easily manipulated.  There is also fear of the Mueller report, or perhaps SDNY and other indictments that will make Trump indefensible and radioactive.  

Kellyann hangs in there as the current spy at the White House, keeping things viable, or maybe she's a true believer -- not in Trump necessarily -- but what can be accomplished with Trump or Pence in office.

Right now I'm thinking that it's  an illusion that George and Kellyanne are at opposite ends of the spectrum; they could very well be working toward the same goal. 

I agree with you this is probably what they are attempting. However, there is one flaw in their thinking if they are secretly working to install Pence: there is ample evidence (that Mueller has in his possession!) that Pence was part and parcel of what ever deals were being made with Russia. He knew Flynn was talking to Russians during the transition at the very least. Once that evidence gets out, I don't think Pence will be a viable replacement. He's going down with the presidunce. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I agree with you this is probably what they are attempting. However, there is one flaw in their thinking if they are secretly working to install Pence: there is ample evidence (that Mueller has in his possession!) that Pence was part and parcel of what ever deals were being made with Russia. He knew Flynn was talking to Russians during the transition at the very least. Once that evidence gets out, I don't think Pence will be a viable replacement. He's going down with the presidunce. 

Even if he were swon in I’m not sure he is electable in 2020. He will carry the stench of Trump with him and by the time the election rolls around I think people will want rid of anything Trump. 

Jimmy Carter while being the best ex president ever wasn’t all that strong candidate in 1976; however the country was so over Nixon and any one connected that Ford didn’t stand a chance. 

• Upvote 4

George wrote this op-ed for the WaPo: "George Conway: Trump is guilty — of being unfit for office"

Spoiler

Very little was surprising about the conclusion of the special counsel’s investigation. For one thing, it wasn’t surprising that Robert S. Mueller III’s probe prompted great commotion — a federal investigation involving a sitting president is a momentous event, and concluding it, a historic moment. And most, but not all, of the details in the attorney general’s letter of “principal conclusions” were unsurprising as well.

Let’s start with question of “collusion.” It was never precisely clear what that nonlegal concept meant. If it means what Mueller reasonably took it to mean — an “agreement,” “tacit or express,” with the Russians to interfere with the 2016 presidential election, or, in effect, a conspiracy with the Russians — then it was always virtually unimaginable that collusion, so defined, would ever be found. Russian agents didn’t need Americans to help them do what they were doing — hacking and posting disinformation. If anything, involving Americans, including some apparently blockish ones, could only have fouled up their plans. “Collusion” — or, rather, “no collusion” — was bound to become a straw man for President Trump and his supporters to knock down with glee.

Yet that hardly means that the investigation (which, thanks to Paul Manafort’s largesse, actually turned a neat profit) was either a “witch hunt” or a waste of time. After all, it was a counterintelligence investigation as well as a criminal probe. A core objective — the overarching one, really — was to find out exactly what the Russians were doing. Another was to find out whether there were “links” between the Trump campaign and Russia’s activities. As matters turned out, and quite surprisingly, we now know from public sources that there were links aplenty. So who knows what we might learn on these subjects from Mueller’s still-unreleased report? As Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Monday, “Russia’s ongoing efforts to interfere with our democracy are dangerous and disturbing.” He added that he would “welcome” the special counsel’s contributions toward understanding them.

As for whether the president obstructed justice, that question was always dicey. No one should have been surprised that it raised, as Attorney General William P. Barr’s letter put it, quoting Mueller, “ ‘difficult issues’ of law and fact concerning whether the President’s actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction.” On the law, Barr was probably not wrong to suggest, as he did as a private citizen, that there’s a difference under the statutes between a president destroying evidence or encouraging a witness to lie and a presidential directive saying, “Don’t waste your time investigating that.” But that doesn’t mean the latter can’t be an impeachable offense.

On the facts, obstruction turns on what’s in a defendant’s mind — often a difficult thing to determine, and especially difficult with a mind as twisted as Trump’s. And complicating things even more, paradoxically, is the fact that some of Trump’s arguably obstructionist conduct took place in full public view — something that, with a normal person with normal moral inhibitions, would have indicated a lack of criminal intent. But in the head of Donald J. Trump, who knows?

So it should have come as no surprise that the obstruction case was difficult, and inconclusive. But Barr’s letter revealed something unexpected about the obstruction issue: that Mueller said his “report does not conclude that the President committed a crime” but that “it also does not exonerate him.” The report does not exonerate the president? That’s a stunning thing for a prosecutor to say. Mueller didn’t have to say that. Indeed, making that very point, the president’s outside counsel, Rudolph W. Giuliani, called the statement a “cheap shot.”

But Mueller isn’t prone to cheap shots; he plays by the rules, every step of the way. If his report doesn’t exonerate the president, there must be something pretty damning in it about him, even if it might not suffice to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. And in saying that the report “catalogu[ed] the President’s actions, many of which took place in public view,” Barr’s letter makes clear that the report also catalogues actions taken privately that shed light on possible obstruction, actions that the American people and Congress yet know nothing about.

At the same time, and equally remarkably, Mueller, according to Barr, said he “ultimately determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment” regarding obstruction. Reading that statement together with the no-exoneration statement, it’s hard to escape the conclusion that Mueller wrote his report to allow the American people and Congress to decide what to make of the facts. And that is what should — must — happen now.

But whether the Mueller report ever sees the light of day, there is one charge that can be resolved now. Americans should expect far more from a president than merely that he not be provably a criminal. They should expect a president to comport himself in accordance with the high duties of his office. As all presidents must, Trump swore an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, and to faithfully execute his office and the laws in accordance with the Constitution. That oath requires putting the national interests above his personal interests.

Yet virtually from the moment he took office, in his response to the Russia investigation, Trump has done precisely the opposite: Relentlessly attacked an attorney general, Mueller, the Justice Department — including suggesting that his own deputy attorney general should go to jail. Lied, to the point that his own lawyers wouldn’t dare let him speak to Mueller, lest he commit a crime. Been more concerned about touting his supposedly historic election victory than confronting an attack on our democracy by a hostile foreign power.

If the charge were unfitness for office, the verdict would already be in: guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic