IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

Somehow the dicotomy between Kellyanne’s and Goerge’s statements and them still being married despite them makes me lean a little more towards Kellyanne being the alony.... amonomy... imommynoes... that nameless op-ed writer.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that they're still married makes me tend to believe that Kellyanne wrote the anonymous op-ed.

George Conway rips Trump over tweet about Obama's '57 states' gaffe

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway's husband George Conway took aim at the president on Twitter Friday over President Trump's criticism of his predecessor, former President Obama.

In a tweet, George Conway, a conservative lawyer, criticized Trump for mocking Obama for a 2008 gaffe in which he mistakenly said he visited "57 states" during his first presidential run.

"When President Obama said that he has been to '57 States,' very little mention in Fake News Media. Can you imagine if I said that...story of the year!" Trump had written in his tweet.

George Conway responded on Twitter, saying that there is a "huge difference" between Obama's mistake and Trump's "witless prevarication on virtually all topics, large and small."

"Needless to say, there’s a huge difference between an isolated slip of the tongue and ceaseless, shameless, and witless prevarication on virtually all topics, large and small," Conway responded.

Trump's tweet followed the former president's recent return to the campaign trail to support some Democratic candidates ahead of November's midterm elections.

Earlier this month, Obama stumped for several California Democrats, issuing several veiled shots at Trump during his remarks.

“It’s always tempting for politicians for their own gain and for people in power to try to see if they can divide people, scapegoat folks, turn them on each other, because when that happens you get gridlock and government doesn’t work and people get cynical and decide to not participate," he said at a rally earlier in September.

George Conway has frequently criticized Trump on social media, despite his wife's position at the White House.

Earlier this month, George Conway retweeted a controversial anonymous New York Times op-ed warning that Trump is a dangerous and amoral leader.

Both Conways were the subjects of an interview in The Washington Post last month in which Kellyanne Conway stated that "part" of her husband "thinks I chose Donald Trump over him."

In the same interview, Kellyanne Conway called her husband's criticism of the president "disrespectful" to her.

“I think it’s disrespectful,” she said. “I think it disrespects his wife.”

"If there’s an issue, it’s because she’s in that job, for that man," George Conway told The Post in the article. "If my wife were the counselor to the CEO of Pepsi and I had a problem with her boss, I would simply drink my Coke and keep my mouth shut. If the president were simply mediocre or even bad, I’d have nothing to say. This is much different.”

• Upvote 5

George Conway apparently adores (and I think owns) corgis.  He seems to tweet and retweet whatever he damn well pleases, be it corgis, football or trashtalk on Trump's relentless lies. Occasionally, he'll entertain something moderately pro Trump. 

This is new: Kavanaugh shouldn't be responsible for what he did because #metoo has been going on for decades 

Wut 

• WTF 6

"Kellyanne Conway: ‘I’m a victim of sexual assault’"

Spoiler

Kellyanne Conway cleared her throat for what she was about to say.

“I’m a victim of sexual assault,” President Trump’s adviser told CNN on Sunday.

Conway and anchor Jake Tapper were discussing the political edges of sexual assault allegations against Brett M. Kavanaugh in the wake of the Supreme Court nominee’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

A final vote on his nomination has been delayed to allow time for the FBI to investigate those allegations.

“I feel very empathetic, frankly, for victims of sexual assault, sexual harassment and rape,” Conway said during the interview on “State of the Union.”

Then she paused and made her personal revelation.

“This is the first time I’ve ever heard you talk about something personal like that, and I’m really sorry,” said Tapper, who, like Conway herself, appeared taken aback.

“I’ve just had it,” she replied, referring to what she characterized as politically motivated accusations.

[Partisan rage over Kavanaugh allegations erupts into midterm campaigns]

She said perpetrators should bear the responsibility for their actions but that conservatives have become targets for political score-settling.

“I don’t expect Judge Kavanaugh or Jake Tapper or [Arizona Republican Senator] Jeff Flake or anybody to be held responsible for that,” she said, appearing to speak about her own experience. “You have to be responsible for your own conduct.”

Conway did not immediately return a request for comment. It is notable, however, that she made the revelation on CNN, the network Trump has made perhaps his most frequent target of alleged media bias and “fake news.”

Tapper said that Conway’s boss, the president, has been the subject of numerous sexual assault allegations and has said that those women lied about them.

“Don’t conflate that with this, and certainly don’t conflate that with what happened to me,” she told Tapper.

Conway said the women making the allegations should be heard through the criminal justice system but not through partisan avenues.

“We do treat people differently who are either the victims or perpetrators of this based on their politics now or based on their gender now. That is a huge mistake,” she said.

Conway then turned to the camera briefly and said, “America, it’s a huge mistake.”

Conway previously defended Christine Blasey Ford, who on Thursday testified Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her in the early 1980s when they were both high school students.

Ford “should not be insulted, and she should not be ignored,” Conway said on Fox News, after Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. appeared to mock the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh on social media before Ford’s claims were publicly revealed by The Washington Post on Sept. 16.

Conway said Ford “should be heard,” but, she added, “so should he,” referring to Kavanaugh.

On Sunday, before she even left the CNN set, she appeared to anticipate inevitable social media and talk show backlash over her loyalty to Trump in the face of assault accusations against him and his lewd statements about women.

“How could she work for Donald Trump? I work for President Trump because he’s so good to the women who work for him,” she said. “So, I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to hear it from any of them.”

• WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...

Either K-Con was looking in the mirror or she needs to STFU: "Kellyanne Conway unloads on Hillary Clinton, calls her ‘graceless’ and less popular than her husband"

Spoiler

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Wednesday called recent comments by Hillary Clinton “a little bit dangerous” and otherwise unloaded on the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, saying that she is married “to a much more popular man who was actually a two-term president that she’ll never be.”

Conway offered her assessment during an interview on “Fox & Friends” on Fox News Channel, in which she was asked about Clinton’s recent assertion that Democrats have to be tougher with Republicans.

During an interview Tuesday with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour, Clinton said, “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” adding that “civility can start again” if Democrats win back control of the House or the Senate.

“Usually when she opens her mouth, respectfully, she offends at least one half of the country, and she did it again, but I think her discourse now is a little bit dangerous,” Conway said in an appearance on the White House lawn.

“I don’t like the implications there,” she said. “It’s one thing to call us deplorable, irredeemable, laugh at people who don’t have all the privileges that she has had with her Ivy League law degree and her marriage to a much more popular man who was actually was a two-term president that she’ll never be. . . . I don’t like that kind of talk. I avoid it.”

Conway also suggested that Clinton will be of little help to Democrats on the ballot next month.

“I don’t see all these Democratic candidates banging down Hillary Clinton’s door, asking her to lock arms,” she said, before taking a final shot at her “civility”comments.

“I think it’s not just unfortunate and graceless, but a little bit dangerous, and I would ask her to check that,” Conway said.

• WTF 4

• 3 weeks later...

The Conway marriage is taking the whole 'opposites attract' thing to a whole other level.

• Upvote 8

I wonder what dinner is like in their house?

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Howl said:

Call me cynical, but Cheri Jacobus has a damn good point....

My take is Sarah Shut-The-Fuck-Up-a-Bee Sanders snorts the Kool Aid powder straight up. She is as hateful and bigoted as her boss and her dad. Kellyanne is totally void of any ideology what so ever, she is just in it for the thrill of being next to power.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

My take is Sarah Shut-The-Fuck-Up-a-Bee Sanders snorts the Kool Aid powder straight up. She is as hateful and bigoted as her boss and her dad. Kellyanne is totally void of any ideology what so ever, she is just in it for the thrill of being next to power.

Don’t forget the money. They’re both in it for the money. Neither of them do much of anything but get paid a full tax payer funded salary anyway.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Alternative fact #43875233

Altered ≠ changed

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 6

We are so far past face palms.  Remember face palms, head on desk as a response to this type of simply outrageously blatant lying on the part of the WH and Kellyanne in particular?   I don't think we're in a post outrage society, but one can only handle so much at a time. I don't facepalm anymore, not because I'm not disgusted or outraged, but because my hands are got tired.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I've seen a few screen captures of chyrons that would give it competition, but yes, that's the money shot. 

Meanwhile, Trump is talking again about shutting down the government in......wait for it.....December, likely because wall.  I'm sure Depends will be flying off the shelves because every Republican with at least one remaining brain cell are actively shi**ing themselves over this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why exactly does he think he has been cleared Scott Free?

OK, True confession.  Tweeters started making jokes about some guy names Scott Free.  I DIDN'T GET IT UNTIL YESTERDAY.  DOH!

Anyway, CNN swears that Trump and John Kelly are not speaking and really, THIS TIME, John Kelly is going to resign in the next few days and there's a lot of speculation that Pence's perky, young and extremely ambitious (even for Washington) Chief of Staff James Ayers will replace him.  

*Someone* has suggested that Kellyanne would transfer over and become Pence's Chief of Staff, which is not so far fetched.  Then it would matter less when the spouse of the WH's chief Trumpsplainer is twitter torching her boss.

• Upvote 5

Whoa, Nelly! If I'm reading George Conway's "we can do better than this" response to Comey  correctly, "better than this" refers directly to impeachment. 

Will Kellyanne will jump on Trump's funeral pyre or bail out early?  Stay tuned. 

• Upvote 4

OK, George Conway is officially off the damn reservation.  He just tweeted a link to a Rachel Maddow podcast called BagMan, about Spiro Agnew.  I'll try to listen to see if there are Pence implications. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

OK, George Conway is officially off the damn reservation.  He just tweeted a link to a Rachel Maddow podcast called BagMan, about Spiro Agnew.  I'll try to listen to see if there are Pence implications. 

That podcast is riveting. I looked forward to listening to it each week, and I'm sorry that it was only 7 episodes, it's so good.

Regarding that marriage, I'm beginning to believe that either the marriage is a sham or that Kellyanne is secretly a mole in the administration. I'm leaning towards the latter option, as until she became campaign manager, she was working for Democrats... 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

That podcast is riveting. I looked forward to listening to it each week, and I'm sorry that it was only 7 episodes, it's so good.

Regarding that marriage, I'm beginning to believe that either the marriage is a sham or that Kellyanne is secretly a mole in the administration. I'm leaning towards the latter option, as until she became campaign manager, she was working for Democrats... 

Wasn't she working for Teddy (his daddy killed Kennedy) Cruz? S

he has no ideology and will sell what is left of her soul to the highest bidder. 

• I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic