IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, shiverful said:

Does anyone know if Jinger has been home or with family since the wedding? I can't remember seeing any pictures or postings about it on social media. 

It must be so weird going from living at home with your parents in rural Arkansas and sharing a room with many younger siblings to living with a man in a different state. 

Not sure about Jinger.

It was like that with Alyssa and Michael. However, I see Alyssa as a bit more mature/determined/knows what she wants type person. I kinda get the vibe that she viewed marriage as a ticket to freedom and wanted to leave Tennessee, hence marrying at 19 and now having two kids at 22. She seems less of a homebody-type than say Jinger or Erin. Michael seems more a homebody type, but she had to move because of Brandon's job, plus she was older/more mature in that kinda sense, and she'd been in the relationship longer than Jinger had. 

I think that this "friendship" stage before an official courtship is a good thing. Bobby said he wanted to court Tori, Gil said he should get to know Tori better. The Duggars don't seem to have this friendship phase. Alyssa had it with John and the Keilens were referenced a few times in the Kelly-run blog before the courtship was announced. Same with Erin, or similar at least. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I think that this "friendship" stage before an official courtship is a good thing. Bobby said he wanted to court Tori, Gil said he should get to know Tori better. The Duggars don't seem to have this friendship phase

Actually Jinger and Jeremy had that getting to know each other phase from December to June when he asked her to court.  I know some people don't believe that timeline but it may very well be true.  Seems he didn't ask her to court til he was sure he wanted to marry her and they were already exchanging I love yous.  

The Duggars do have the getting-to-know-you phase. The Bateses, on the other hand, seem to have morphed the 'getting to know you' phase into just plain dating. I'm not sure what the point of a courtship is anymore with the Bateses, because they seem to spend several months in a serious romantic relationship and decide they're going to get married before they're even officially courting. Just call it what it is... dating, and skip the superfluous courtship. But I guess they still have to be different than the heathens.

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually Jinger and Jeremy had that getting to know each other phase from December to June when he asked her to court.  I know some people don't believe that timeline but it may very well be true.  Seems he didn't ask her to court til he was sure he wanted to marry her and they were already exchanging I love yous.  

Duggars also had getting-to-know you phases with Jill and Jinger, but both were only a handful of months. I think three in Jill's case (all via Facetime) and about four or five for Jessa. Ben met Jessa for the first time before his 18th birthday in May - sometime around March - but timeline is fuzzy when he was allowed to start "talking" to her. At any rate, they started courting right around Labor Day weekend, so if I'm generous and say Ben's 18th birthday to early September, that's still only 3 1/2 months. 

I think Jinger and Jeremy were well into their courtship when they finally announced it. They were dressed more spring than summer when they started courting; I want to posit that it was sometime in April or May before it got unbearably hot. 

20 hours ago, season of life said:

Technically she didn't but I recall her re-posting an article about being available for your husband sexually around the Ashley Madison scandal. The implication was that Michelle thought Anna should've been with him more in terms of sex.

Good grief, she's gotten pregnant at least 5 times! They obviously were having A LOT of sex. If that is how Michelle meant it, that's so rotten of her. 

Yes I agree with others that Jessa/Ben aren't the worst of the bunch. Ben seems pretty different from his parents, like speaking against racism (even though he acts a little racist himself like when he visited the "inner city" but I think it's just so ingrained in him he doesn't know any better). He seems like he might strike out on his own and leave this cult if his "brand" and financial well being weren't all tied up in it. I was pretty surprised that they attended a Super Bowl party, with the half naked cheerleaders and scandalous Lady Gaga performance. 

Not to mention the scandalously clad attendees! Many of those women wore PANTS!! That baby must have been so shocked he slid right out!!

35 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Good grief, she's gotten pregnant at least 5 times! They obviously were having A LOT of sex. If that is how Michelle meant it, that's so rotten of her. 

I can't speak for Mullet, but unfortunately this is what she truly believes. It could've been one of two things - she honestly believes that what women should do, as it's ingrained in her; OR she believes Anna dropped the ball and was "lazy" and "not attentive" enough in this department. Therefore Anna's fault.

Also, Mullet is pretty rotten.

18 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I can't speak for Mullet, but unfortunately this is what she truly believes. It could've been one of two things - she honestly believes that what women should do, as it's ingrained in her; OR she believes Anna dropped the ball and was "lazy" and "not attentive" enough in this department. Therefore Anna's fault.

What is a wife supposed to do if the sex her husband wants is with a woman who isn't his wife for the sheer thrill of having sex with a woman who isn't his wife?

How would that be the wife's fault? She could be throwing the taco at him 24/7, and if he isn't turned on by wife sex but is turned on by non- wife sex, how is that on her?

23 minutes ago, Zola said:

What is a wife supposed to do if the sex her husband wants is with a woman who isn't his wife for the sheer thrill of having sex with a woman who isn't his wife?

How would that be the wife's fault? She could be throwing the taco at him 24/7, and if he isn't turned on by wife sex but is turned on by non- wife sex, how is that on her?

Then it's her fault for not making it interesting enough. It's always the wife's fault in their eyes.

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Then it's her fault for not making it interesting enough. It's always the wife's fault in their eyes.

One of the many reasons that these people are disgusting assholes. 

2 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I truly lost all respect for Michelle when, just before the Scandal broke,  she sat in that last episode where they were being interviewed at the TTH.  The whole family was there, including Josh the molester and his victims.  The whole mood of that interview was odd and many of us commented on that at the time,  and then of course just a few weeks later the molestation scandal broke.  I still wonder if they knew it was coming.  I think the magazine commented they had reached out for comment from the family, so perhaps they knew a storm was brewing. 

Anyway,  there sat Michelle talking about their modesty standards and how irresponsible it is for women to dress in a way that tempts men and basically blaming women for men's inability to control themselves if they spy a knee or a collarbone. 

The whole time she is spouting off this bullshit, she is completely aware that her asshole son, has molested at least 4 of her daughters,.  Like I said  the viewers, at the time, did not know the scandal was coming, but I can still remember Jana's face in particular as Michelle talked and it was incredibly sad, to me.  And Ben looked angry during much of that interview.

Later when the scandal broke, I immediately thought of this interview, and how absolutely horrible it must have been for those girls to have to sit there and look sweet while their mother basically blames them for what happened. 

And then of course was the whole creepy factor where we got to listen to how transparent JB is when he is in the mood and that all the kids know when he says "hey hey hey" that Michelle better lay back and joyfully avail herself to him.  Most normal parents, don't flaunt their sex lives like that.  True,  the older kids might figure out what is going on, but during that group interview, there was also Josie, Jenny and Jordyn, Hanny, Jackson, etc.  It was gross.

In my mind,  soon before that interview,  the family got wind of the scandal being published in In Touch.  I think they sat the marrieds and older kids down to let them know.  Derick wasn't there as he was recovering from surgery.  Jill was only there for part of it, but seemed off.  Josh was hyper obnoxious and trying way to hard to seem lighthearted.  Anna as well.  And the rest of them just looked Dull.  Well,  duller than usual.  I don't think John David was even there and a lame excuse was given.  The look to me like a family trying to hold it together while knowing that they were on the brink of destruction. 

16 hours ago, shiverful said:

Does anyone know if Jinger has been home or with family since the wedding? I can't remember seeing any pictures or postings about it on social media. 

It must be so weird going from living at home with your parents in rural Arkansas and sharing a room with many younger siblings to living with a man in a different state. 

Sometimes it really sets in with me how theses girls go from hand holding for 3 months to kissing, moving out, and sexing all in one sell swoop. But I guess they don't question anything since it's their job. lol  Not to mention how they are not allowed to be alone with anyone of the opposite sex until marriage, nor have they been able to make friends with boys before marriage.  I just think  that would be a lot  for any one person to handle. 

7 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Sometimes it really sets in with me how theses girls go from hand holding for 3 months to kissing, moving out, and sexing all in one sell swoop. But I guess they don't question anything since it's their job. lol  Not to mention how they are not allowed to be alone with anyone of the opposite sex until marriage, nor have they been able to make friends with boys before marriage.  I just think  that would be a lot  for any one person to handle. 

you don't think that they have intimate conversations beforehand just a stone's throw away from a person who is watching them. 

Ben and Jessa said that they had conversations privately 

a lot can be said privately 

7 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Agree, it's a lot at once. I had my first kiss and first sex on the same night. Not a "wedding night" thing either, just a coincidence. I was super unpopular in middle and high school, and never kissed a boy until that night at age 20. And no I'm not gay. (Which I have nothing against, but people act like the ONLY reason for my situation is because I MUST be gay). 

I was raised fundie but then my parents suddenly "quit" religion and tossed us into middle school, which was a huge culture shock and led to many years of awkwardness. Ironically I felt VERY physically prepared and confident  for sex: I was a pro at shaving/waxing, tampons (and more if you get it, etc) but emotionally: VERY unprepared. :/ 

Anyone else hoping that Jinger is reading all those books and working at the church? I've never been to church, not christian, but as far as I know a lot of preachers wives are very involved in the daily goings on. They host parties, they have womens nights, people come to them to talk, I think it'll be good for her to be involved in something like that. Better than sitting around waiting for a blessing. 

Sorry everyone but will y'all help a girl out? I was too busy to watch any of last season (not real high on my priorities haha) did they make a big deal out if jinger and Jeremy's first kiss like they did the others? I thought I had noticed less emphasis but I may just not have been paying attention. The reason I ask is that it seems like jinger didn't have quite as strict courting rules as the rest, to the point jessa commented in an interview about it sounding a little joyfully irritated.

@Daisy0322 I'm sure it is because Jeremy was NOT a virgin and refused to pretend like he was so "his 1st kiss wasn't with Jinger"  OR JinJer kissed before marriage and just didn't do it in front of the camera. 

I think it's more because the whole first kiss thing is played out now. Everyone knows that they have their first kiss at the altar. It's not interesting anymore. No one cares.

19 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think it's more because the whole first kiss thing is played out now. Everyone knows that they have their first kiss at the altar. It's not interesting anymore. No one cares.

Only time will tell- if the next kiddult to get married (whether it's Joy or anyone else) makes a big deal of a first kiss/family makes a big deal of it, we'll have a better idea.

On 2/3/2017 at 0:43 PM, missegeno said:

I could use some advice from long hair havers. My hair is growing out and finally starting to get long enough to call "long hair." It's been a while and I got used to it not being all over my back and neck. I LOVE it long, but i think just letting it roam free while i sleep is no longer acceptable to me. Do any of you braid yours or otherwise wrangle it for sleep?

my hair goes past my bra band. I typically leave it down (it's straight and if i put it in a ponytail or braid, i'll get dents) but if it's annoying me i put it back in a loose ponytail at the base of my neck (enough it's out of the way without denting and without giving a headache

On 2/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, missegeno said:

I could use some advice from long hair havers. My hair is growing out and finally starting to get long enough to call "long hair." It's been a while and I got used to it not being all over my back and neck. I LOVE it long, but i think just letting it roam free while i sleep is no longer acceptable to me. Do any of you braid yours or otherwise wrangle it for sleep?

I put it in a pony tail or a messy loop of sorts but I use a gentler non-elastic hair tie or an old 90s scrunchie. They don't leave dents/marks as easily and don't pull. 

9 hours ago, nst said:

you don't think that they have intimate conversations beforehand just a stone's throw away from a person who is watching them. 

Ben and Jessa said that they had conversations privately 

a lot can be said privately 

I am sure they do talk privately. I was coming from the stance that these kids do not lead a normal life a socialization with the opposite sex. They don't really even get close moments alone on the phone until they are engaged. They don't get to go through the normal growing pains that most do so they go from kid to omg god I am in love to marriage in less than a year with only chaperoned dates and calls. They miss the opportunity of life before they have to take on the role of sandwich and baby maker. ha

47 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I am sure they do talk privately. I was coming from the stance that these kids do not lead a normal life a socialization with the opposite sex. They don't really even get close moments alone on the phone until they are engaged. They don't get to go through the normal growing pains that most do so they go from kid to omg god I am in love to marriage in less than a year with only chaperoned dates and calls. They miss the opportunity of life before they have to take on the role of sandwich and baby maker. ha

But, but the sandwiches are important, or did I get that backwards?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived