IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

Man this sounds like a bunch of shit. Not cool Jeremy. I was optimistic when i heard he was Okaying wine and pants to his congregants. And seeing his parents and friends act and look like normal humans. But these quotes are disgusting.  Hes every bit as much legalistic and over all awful as the Duggars. Blech. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.....this is so sad. I wonder how the Duggars feel (if they know) that TLC also airs I am Jazz. You'd think they'd have a moral problem with that. Oh wait. TLC money > their morals 

edit: i'm not saying this is sad because i'm surprised at what jeremy is saying. it just allllll makes me really sad.

There are about a trillion young, cute, intelligent, educated, independent, sweet, fun, kind, beautiful, fit, healthy, wholesome, conservative, family-minded Christian women out there for these guys to choose from. The fact that Jeremy chose to pursue a Duggar, and that Jim Bob approved of him, should give you a few hints about who he is and what he believes. Also listen to the things he actually says. Why did Jinger catch his interest? Was it her spunky personality, her sense of humour, her generosity, her passion for style or photography, her interest in theology? Nope. It was the fact that she was meek, simple, and feared the Lord.

None of this surprises me. Jeremy may be down with watching TV or whatever, but that doesn't mean anything if he endorses terribly unfair beliefs. If you intentionally seek out a Duggar to marry, there is something wrong with you.

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

Ew... he gets into ~Biblically Mandated Discipline~ around 19:50... first someone asks a question about "kids having kids" or whatever, and he proceeds to go on about a family of four he saw at a Chick-fil-A who fit that description for his Holier Than Thou ass, how he "saw the kid telling his kid what to do" and was thinking, and I quote, "He doesn't know how to be a dad! He doesn't know how to love that little girl! He's just a kid himself!" And how it just broke his heart to see these people he assumed were too young to be parents communicating with their kids and it just broke his heart so much that he ignored his friend Esteban's ramblings; he was just so busy staring at and judging these random strangers, apparently. :my_dodgy: Ugh...

Then someone asks some kind of question involving the words "no consequence," I don't know because that's all he repeated back to the person who asked before sharing this bit of his view on what Being A Biblical Mandate Disciplining Dad looks like:

And then it gets worse. Like, plummets. He carries on this subject by using the fucking Keswani family as an example of poor discipline, because their daughter is transgender. I'm so furious I'm trying to hold back on my typical storm of expletives because I'll just go off. Devina is SIX YEARS OLD, and he's going after her and her parents, and blaming her gender on not being beaten enough, because her experience of her gender is just a sign of her "unruliness" in his know-it-all mind.

You know what? Good. If that's all it takes -- let her be unruly. At least she's not Jeremy fucking Vuolo's shitbag, delusional kidult-marrying Chick-fil-A eavesdropping famewhoring 'Christian' self. At least her parents know how to actually be good parents wrt her gender, unlike child-less parenting expert Jeremy Vuolo. SMFH

It makes me so sad that people can hold such animosity towards a child (orwhat she represents), even if it's out of pure ignorance. 

I've been saying the same thing, that Jeremy is no better than any of the others since the beginning.

The likelihood that any of these girls will become secular women is basically zero. The best we can hope for is one of the lost girls being allowed to date whoever she likes because JB is too old to properly vet the guy/make demands of his daughters. Somehow I think even in old age JB is going to demand that book of questions gets filled out.

I think we will see more truly disgusting behaviors from Jeremy in the future.  I also think their quietness may have to do with him building his perfect family and ministry before taking it public. Well thinking that he is, because these people are all about appearances and do what I say not as I do. I have thought since first seeing Jeremy something is way off about him. So far he has had to play nice in front of the cameras to suck people in and keep with the dopey duggar brand, but I don't think that is his way of life.

My speculation is that he is a super control freak, very selfish and self centered, and has tantrums when he doesn't get his way. I also think he is quick to temper. I make these speculations given his past of fame and money hunger he has admitted to and his reactions to others on the show when he is pushed. His eyes say a lot more than his quiet exterior. I think he wants fame/fortune/power form his ministry in the future and he married the perfect doormat, she looks good and won't get in the way. No mistake he married a Duggar. I think he is much more conservative than his family is at this point and he shares of love of ebil & foul beliefs with the duggars. Plus this gives him a whole new audience with the fundies.

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

How do we know he's not quiverfull? Obviously his family isn't, but what about Jeremy himself? I don't think we've ever heard him say one way or the other. All we know is that he chose to marry a Duggar and he passed Jim Bob's tests. Derick's family wasn't QF, either. Remember when everyone here was convinced that Derick was swooping in to save Jill, he was saying all the right things to trick Jim Bob, but he after marriage he was going to lead her into a glorious world of mainstream Christianity, birth control and higher education? Yeah.

Oh, I'm not at all implying that Jeremy wants to rescue Jinger and turn her fundie-lite. No signs of that so far.

My theory so far is that his main motivation is building his church and ministry and marrying a Duggar is to build publicity for that.

It's harder to do that if he has 1000 kids, and he doesn't want to/can't rely on the Duggar TLC teat like Ben does to support a huge amount of children because he needs to be where his ministry is.

Also, I think not being raised QF is kind of a big deal, especially for a guy coming into that circle through marriage.

There's a difference between "allowing God to plan your family", which is also the line Derick and Ben have used, and "deliberately trying to have as many kids as possible, regardless of the mother's health or your family's capacity to raise them, because you want to breed an invading fundie army". That belief is hard for outsiders to fathom if they haven't grown up with it being drilled into them, harder for a guy who has experienced freedom and independence - especially when I'm pretty sure most guys don't really want an endless stream of kids and a permanently pregnant wife.

Also, while he could have converted to QF, I don't know if he could do that while heading a non-QF (but still fundie) ministry. Would IBLP thinking allow him to have a church leadership role without him insisting on IBLP standards for the congregation? It's actually kinda unusual for IBLP guys to actually be pastoral ministers, I assume for that reason, since there aren't really "IBLP churches".

2 hours ago, mizandry said:

I forgot to add this since it's minor, but his remarks around 24:24... I think he has a bone to pick with kid's cereal. Advertising to children subverts the parent's authority!1 How dare children want delicious cereal without their parent's permission! THOSE GOOGLE EYES CONTRIBUTE TO THE BREAKDOWN OF THE FAMILY!!! 

Advertising to children is a product of capitalism and our materialist consumer culture in America, but Jeremy would never criticize capitalism.

2 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Man this sounds like a bunch of shit. Not cool Jeremy. I was optimistic when i heard he was Okaying wine and pants to his congregants. And seeing his parents and friends act and look like normal humans. But these quotes are disgusting.  Hes every bit as much legalistic and over all awful as the Duggars. Blech. 

Jinger was never going to be allowed to date and find a guy that wasnt fundy.  I am assuming over the years there were cute guys on the camera crew, but no way was she ever going to be anything more than a sacrifice on the alter of JimBobs ambition for cash and ratings.

If my daughter had brought home Jeremy with his beliefs I would have done my best to make sure the relationship did not progress.   But given their circles of followers Jeremy however repugnant his beliefs are to me, Jinger could have been sold off to someone a lot worse.  At least he likes her.

And does anyone else think it is funny that he is offended by Lucky Charms when you think of the proceesed garbage he was fed at the TTH?

I think a lot of the draw towards Jeremy is that he has a personality. It makes him stand out in comparison to Ben and Derick. He has been shown to have real friendships that aren't made for TV and isn't afraid to have a joke around. I do think he's a lot less likely to me manipulated by JB because he has a very strong personality and character. 

His beliefs are horrible but what do you expect from someone marrying a duggar? There was never going to be a knight in shining armour whisking a girl away. 

I think he values women, by the way he interacts with his grandma and mum. So I really hope he gives Jinger the same value and respect. I also don't see them being QF as I think Jeremy is a lot more sensible when it comes to thinking about the quality of life of his family and living within his means 

Jeremy is the scarier of all the Duggar in laws (though Derick could give him a run for his money) 

He looks controlling and he wanted Jinger because she's a push over and easy to mold. He probably loved how she fawns over him now. He married a Duggar for that reason. 

If Trump's America taught us anything, it's that normal looking people can be disgusting and have shitty beliefs too.

Not surprised. Jeremy gets pretty fanatic in a lot of his sermons. I've skimmed a few because I find him interesting and am still trying to get a read on him. He's a fan of expository preaching, being biblical to the point he ignores other factors (the man lacks nuance; not every single problem on this earth is directly attributed to not loving Jesus enough) and is very persuasive. Though to be fair, he did give an example of himself making mistakes so he's somewhat self-aware. 

He's the problematic fundie hottie. Funny, attractive, smart,  personable and dangerous. 

Like someone in another thread already said, Jinger's gone from one alpha (Jessa) to another. 

Part Two of this abhorrent series features Jeremy talking about the sinful nature of swimsuits these days and the transfer of authority of the wife from father to husband. 

He also throws in some homophobic digs just 'cause. 

He's truly a Duggar. 

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 6:05 AM, AlternativeVoice said:

That's all very true , but over the years  I'm positive JimBob has put aside a substantial amount of money for rainy days. I remember the very first special Michelle saying that they worked really hard before to sort of relax now and this was when she had 14 or 15 or 16 kids, plus living debt free. Not saying it will be enough to support all the kids forever and a day but I still don't buy that they are in need of much or the whole shoe string budget nonsense. That's why the in laws don't work on the traditional sense. They don't have too. At least not right now. 

And the public income is not their only source of income. They are paid rent for land that holds a comms tower, they rent out the properties/sheds that are not been used by his kidults, the car lots and there is more than we know of im sure. That and the show has them raking it in right now and a fair amount seems to be spent on real estate so they are in a great position 19 kids or not. Bastards. Plus John, Jinger and Jill (via those donations!) at the least, have financial means (however limited its more than Josh and Jessa can say!) other than the show. Thats all him though. Whats gonna happen when jim daddy is gone kiddo's?

4 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I think we will see more truly disgusting behaviors from Jeremy in the future.  I also think their quietness may have to do with him building his perfect family and ministry before taking it public. Well thinking that he is, because these people are all about appearances and do what I say not as I do. I have thought since first seeing Jeremy something is way off about him. So far he has had to play nice in front of the cameras to suck people in and keep with the dopey duggar brand, but I don't think that is his way of life.

My speculation is that he is a super control freak, very selfish and self centered, and has tantrums when he doesn't get his way. I also think he is quick to temper. I make these speculations given his past of fame and money hunger he has admitted to and his reactions to others on the show when he is pushed. His eyes say a lot more than his quiet exterior. I think he wants fame/fortune/power form his ministry in the future and he married the perfect doormat, she looks good and won't get in the way. No mistake he married a Duggar. I think he is much more conservative than his family is at this point and he shares of love of ebil & foul beliefs with the duggars. Plus this gives him a whole new audience with the fundies.

Dang...this sounds really scary and disturbing. I hope you are wrong for Jinger's sake. JB needs a son-in-law to stand up to him. He controls too many and too much.

I wonder what Jeremy would do if he encountered a strong woman who could shut down his BS just as quickly as he spouts it out. My guess, he wouldn't last 5 minutes. 

2 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

I wonder what Jeremy would do if he encountered a strong woman who could shut down his BS just as quickly as he spouts it out. My guess, he wouldn't last 5 minutes. 

He would get the hell out of the situation. Especially if Jinger was around. 50 shades of Jeremy wouldn't want his meek wife to hear other ideas and in no time he'll turn the situation around about how he rescued her from the evil satan-inspired woman. 

At this point, all the men marrying into the family should drop their last names for the Duggar surname. They may be in-laws, but they will never change the way they act towards other people.

Someone commented that Jeremy was scary because he was a grown, capable man in the Jinger courtship threads and that is correct. Jeremy just seems insidious.

Jeremy definately has something the other two Duggar son-in-laws do not have, and I just can't put my finger on it. To me, Ben and Derick at least seem to be sincerely into the whole thing, the brand, their wives and come from more similar background as the Duggars.

Jeremy had a different background. Idk, there is something insincere about him, at least, I have this impression. This doesn't mean anything, but when he talked there is a ironic expression in his eyes and he talks nasaly (I'm sorry, if that is how he actually talks and he cannot do anything about it, or if it's just hte microphone). And the two friends of his, I wonder what they were thinking throughout the whole courting, marriage thing. I saw more than a few question marks in their faces, especially from the bearded one with the man bun (there is something about him, too, and I can't put my finger on it, either). Damn, what is it with those guys?

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, and that Jinger is happy. That is all that really counts.

13 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Jeremy definately has something the other two Duggar son-in-laws do not have, and I just can't put my finger on it. To me, Ben and Derick at least seem to be sincerely into the whole thing, the brand, their wives and come from more similar background as the Duggars.

Jeremy had a different background. Idk, there is something insincere about him, at least, I have this impression. This doesn't mean anything, but when he talked there is a ironic expression in his eyes and he talks nasaly (sorry, I just thought it is wierd when you go on national tv you should do something about it, sorry, if he can't do anything about it). And the two friends of his, I wonder what they were thinking throughout the whole courting, marriage thing. I saw more than a few question marks in their faces, especially from the bearded one with the man bun (there is something about him, too, and I can't put my finger on it, either). Damn, what is it with those guys?

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, and that Jinger is happy. That is all that really counts.

Yeah, I feel the same.

To me, the difference is that I feel him to be more calculated. I always felt he was kind of going through the motions with Jinger (unlike the other way around). I don't doubt he was/is attracted to her, but not in any more of a way than someone would be who presumably had reverted to celibacy since they became a fundie and who has the prospect of having sex with a young attractive woman.

I just watched a Derick/Jill courtship episode again and they seemed more comfortable around each other, less forced, and it seemed to be more reciprocal, as opposed to one of them being an excited puppy dog and the other a slightly patronising dog trainer. And with Ben and Jessa they at least seemed to share mutual smugness and desire to bone each other.

I also get the impression that, while all three men were quite keen to join the Duggar brand, Ben and Derick were more like drifters and not sure what they wanted from life, other than something vaguely "in the service of the Lord". Jeremy seems a lot more focused, like he has a plan in mind, though that could also be due to his age and career choices. For all their faults, and regardless of what their marriages are like now, I never really doubted the feelings Ben and Derick had for their respective wives, even if those feelings were misguided, since they were marrying women they barely knew.

21 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm sure there was at least one question about letting God plan your family on Jim Bob's questionnaire. Not having an instagram account won't stop you from getting pregnant if you're young, fertile, and having unprotected sex.

Jeremy could at least do the pullout or even just claim he's "not in the mood" at the 2 week mark. Jinger might not catch on and even if she did, I doubt she would argue him. I guess JB could confront him but J&J are not dependent on JB like the others so he can't threaten them into having kids. 

19 hours ago, singsingsing said:

How do we know he's not quiverfull? I don't think we've ever heard him say one way or the other. All we know is that he chose to marry a Duggar and he passed Jim Bob's tests.

I really doubt Derick or Ben WANTS to be quiverfull, but their wives are calling the shots on baby making. Jill/Jessa are obsessed with racing each other and I'm sure they made their "terms and conditions" known to their husbands before getting married. Plus Ben just seems like a total pushover that obeys Jessa's orders. Jeremy has the upper hand over Jinger and seems to call the shots. I mean his dad is a pastor yet he only has 2 kids so clearly the fam doesn't believe that failing to crank out kids at a furious pace is sinful. I doubt J thinks his parents are sinners for not having a mega family. 

43 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I  also get the impression that, while all three men were quite keen to join the Duggar brand, Ben and Derick were more like drifters and not sure what they wanted from life, other than something vaguely "in the service of the Lord". Jeremy seems a lot more focused, like he has a plan in mind, though that could also be due to his age and career choices. I never really doubted the feelings Ben and Derick had for their respective wives, even if those feelings were misguided, since they were marrying women they barely knew.

So true. Derick/Ben both seemed totally smitten during their courtships. Jeremy seems to view his marriage as a business merger. Some of his over the top affection seems a little fake imo. 

Ben by the far is the least creepy acting husband. He is becoming my pet fundy. I hate his wrathful instagram sermons but at least he stays away from super offensive stuff like attacking transgenders and the Women's March. And he seems less racist than most of these fundies as well. Yes he kind of acts like a culture vulture, but I think he truly admires Flame. He also seems to treat Jessa really well and seems easygoing/slow to anger. However my opinion of him will drastically lower if he doesn't eventually put his foot down and stop the endless births, for Jessa's health and safety! 

Jim Bob is downright abusive for allowing Michelle to endanger her life by getting pregnant TWENTY-ONE times! He not only enabled her, but also convinced her that it was her DUTY. So wrong. Michelle seems mentally ill for real. 

22 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Jim Bob is downright abusive for allowing Michelle to endanger her life by getting pregnant TWENTY-ONE times! He not only enabled her, but also convinced her that it was her DUTY. So wrong. Michelle seems mentally ill for real. 

She got pregnant 19 times that we know of

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived