IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

20 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

But, but the sandwiches are important, or did I get that backwards?

Nope, anyone can make him a sandwich! ;) 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha thanks I have to admit I made myself chuckle at joyfully irratated :my_blush: also I think that's a good point it was probably more of Jeremy's past holding up the kissing ta do... he definitely looked like he has some experience especially compared to previous. I think that the extra touchy-feelyness between the two of them was more acceptable by the duggars because he's a pastor so maybe he has some sort of standing that way? I noticed their bible study was heavily led by him and she practically acted like she'd never read it before. I know he's headship and whatever but it seemed excessive evenbto duggar standards. Plus, I'm sorry but he's world views aside he was hot and if I was jinger I'd be diggin some affection too. 

On 2/6/2017 at 8:19 PM, Zola said:

What is a wife supposed to do if the sex her husband wants is with a woman who isn't his wife for the sheer thrill of having sex with a woman who isn't his wife?

How would that be the wife's fault? She could be throwing the taco at him 24/7, and if he isn't turned on by wife sex but is turned on by non- wife sex, how is that on her?

This kind of thinking requires a complex view of human psychology and sexuality that is beyond the grasp of most fundies. 

To me, they look very comfortable. Jinger's keeping sweet stare during most of the courtship and engagement looked more like she was about to "jump his bones" than actually listening to what he was saying.

On 2/2/2017 at 11:46 AM, WhoompThereItIs said:

So back to that ... does anyone have tips for combating seborrheic dermatitis that doesn't require using harsh detergents or washing my hair everyday? Head and Shoulders/Selsun Blue/Neutregena/Nizoral are all too harsh on my hair. I've tried oiling my scalp with tea tree oil or peppermint oil but to no avail. Btw my hair is 4a/4b.

Tamanu oil really helps my husband. His is mild though. He also believe being outside and in the sun helps it. 

Some of the last few posts reminded me that I got bored waiting on Seewald #2's name and I ended up "trying" to watch a sermon Jeremy gave about raising children.  I put trying in quotation marks because I was so distracted by his man nips that I don't think I heard a word he said the entire time. I appreciate that he is into fashion or whatever, but he really needs to never wear that tight white button down again, or perhaps go up a size. It was way too small and I got defrauded. 

(Sorry for that, I'll see myself to the prayer closet)

On February 6, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Zola said:

What is a wife supposed to do if the sex her husband wants is with a woman who isn't his wife for the sheer thrill of having sex with a woman who isn't his wife?

How would that be the wife's fault? She could be throwing the taco at him 24/7, and if he isn't turned on by wife sex but is turned on by non- wife sex, how is that on her?

Because otherwise the sinful infidelity would be the man's fault. And we can't have that!

29 minutes ago, CatsRevenge said:

Some of the last few posts reminded me that I got bored waiting on Seewald #2's name and I ended up "trying" to watch a sermon Jeremy gave about raising children.  I put trying in quotation marks because I was so distracted by his man nips that I don't think I heard a word he said the entire time. I appreciate that he is into fashion or whatever, but he really needs to never wear that tight white button down again, or perhaps go up a size. It was way too small and I got defrauded. 

before you go, where do we find this? ^_^  interesting that the topic was children....

36 minutes ago, CatsRevenge said:

I choked on my water. Thanks for that! Yeah, there's fashionable and then there's wearing clothes that are a tad too tight. 

3 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

before you go, where do we find this? ^_^  interesting that the topic was children....

I don't even know why I was there, but I saw it on his church Facebook page. The title of the video,  "Raising Children God's Way", interested me and I wanted to see what he had to say on the topic.  I don't recall much about it but he really emphasized that marriage should be "between a man and woman". Ugh!!

Strangely enough, I don't even think he really mentioned children but a couple of times very briefly. I've never posted a link here before so I hope this works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8j3JU5g3UE

Damn it, why does he have to be so dog damn hot??? 

Seriously though, he reminds me a lot of my husband, with his mannerisms and the whole moving-his-hands-when-he-talks thing. Except Mr.Jumper isn't fundie.

On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 3:27 AM, calimojo said:

I truly lost all respect for Michelle when, just before the Scandal broke,  she sat in that last episode where they were being interviewed at the TTH.  The whole family was there, including Josh the molester and his victims.  The whole mood of that interview was odd and many of us commented on that at the time,  and then of course just a few weeks later the molestation scandal broke.  I still wonder if they knew it was coming.  I think the magazine commented they had reached out for comment from the family, so perhaps they knew a storm was brewing. 

Anyway,  there sat Michelle talking about their modesty standards and how irresponsible it is for women to dress in a way that tempts men and basically blaming women for men's inability to control themselves if they spy a knee or a collarbone. 

The whole time she is spouting off this bullshit, she is completely aware that her asshole son, has molested at least 4 of her daughters,.  Like I said  the viewers, at the time, did not know the scandal was coming, but I can still remember Jana's face in particular as Michelle talked and it was incredibly sad, to me.  And Ben looked angry during much of that interview.

Later when the scandal broke, I immediately thought of this interview, and how absolutely horrible it must have been for those girls to have to sit there and look sweet while their mother basically blames them for what happened. 

And then of course was the whole creepy factor where we got to listen to how transparent JB is when he is in the mood and that all the kids know when he says "hey hey hey" that Michelle better lay back and joyfully avail herself to him.  Most normal parents, don't flaunt their sex lives like that.  True,  the older kids might figure out what is going on, but during that group interview, there was also Josie, Jenny and Jordyn, Hanny, Jackson, etc.  It was gross.

In my mind,  soon before that interview,  the family got wind of the scandal being published in In Touch.  I think they sat the marrieds and older kids down to let them know.  Derick wasn't there as he was recovering from surgery.  Jill was only there for part of it, but seemed off.  Josh was hyper obnoxious and trying way to hard to seem lighthearted.  Anna as well.  And the rest of them just looked Dull.  Well,  duller than usual.  I don't think John David was even there and a lame excuse was given.  The look to me like a family trying to hold it together while knowing that they were on the brink of destruction. 

Just gone back to watch it and there seemed to be a lot of fake laughing.

The 'hey hey hey' convo was weird. Obviously the older kids have picked up on this but JB and Michelle got a bit flustered/red? For people who have 19 kids, tell their kids and tell others what to do in regards to sex they seemed overly embarrassed. Unless of course the topic was triggering them over the impending scandal/ hearing their kids talk about sex embarrasses them because it's only fine if they do the talking?

Like you said, a bit of a weird atmosphere.

You know, I think they were all naive enough to believe that because the molestation happened long ago, it wouldn't have that big of an impact on the show. I'm positive they never thought that they would be cancelled. I'm sure the wheels were turning already on how to spin it in their favor. Then comes that awful Megan kelly interview where blame shifting was all they did. Pun intended. 

35 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

You know, I think they were all naive enough to believe that because the molestation happened long ago, it wouldn't have that big of an impact on the show. I'm positive they never thought that they would be cancelled. I'm sure the wheels were turning already on how to spin it in their favor. Then comes that awful Megan kelly interview where blame shifting was all they did. Pun intended. 

ITA. I also think that the kids at least did not realize how much of a big deal child molestation actually is to the rest of the world.  That's why Jessa made it sound like it was a normal thing boys did. I am sure they were shocked to realize how appalling people find child molestation. I am sure that Jill didn't realize people would think it's strange to say she would put her parents measures in place with her kids to prevent child molestation. Jim Bob and Michelle had to know how this would reflect to the world but had no idea how to successfully spin this to make them appear as Godly parents who successfully healed their child molesting son. 

8 hours ago, CatsRevenge said:

I don't even know why I was there, but I saw it on his church Facebook page. The title of the video,  "Raising Children God's Way", interested me and I wanted to see what he had to say on the topic.  I don't recall much about it but he really emphasized that marriage should be "between a man and woman". Ugh!!

Strangely enough, I don't even think he really mentioned children but a couple of times very briefly. I've never posted a link here before so I hope this works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8j3JU5g3UE

you did great with the link, thanks! I see what you mean, very distracting high beams on that boy, perhaps it was cold in the room?  strange choice of shirt, with the little collar (but I know nothing about current fashion trends...) he's too tall and rangy for the shirt, it just doesn't fit him.

I managed to watch over 4 minutes :D

ETA: I've really been feeling like Jinger is preggers for weeks now for all kinds of reasons...earlier I went to TLC, and there is a teaser on there about her making an announcement, new season of life, blah de blah...whatever....may not be that at all, apologies if this has been posted already and I missed it (have probably missed a lot, I broke my foot last week and my brain's not working quite right yet)

I doubt Jinger is pregnant yet. Y'all know Jeremy's ass don't want no 19 kids and counting. They also don't seem like the type to hurry and have kids to take advantage of the spotlight, because they could be getting tons of attention on IG right now but they don't even have public accounts. 

Jeremy sought out a Duggar girl on purpose, knowing full well what they were all about, and I'm sure there was at least one question about letting God plan your family on Jim Bob's 800 page questionnaire. Not having an instagram account won't stop you from getting pregnant if you're young, fertile, and having unprotected sex.

42 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Jeremy sought out a Duggar girl on purpose, knowing full well what they were all about, and I'm sure there was at least one question about letting God plan your family on Jim Bob's 800 page questionnaire. Not having an instagram account won't stop you from getting pregnant if you're young, fertile, and having unprotected sex.

True, but he's not QF himself, and Boob let him marry Jinger while knowing that. 

He could have answered the family question with "I will allow God to make all decisions about having children", and could then argue that, after much prayer, God has advised him that he wants Jinger to serve the ministry rather than have children at this time.

Since Boob also believes himself to have a headshiply hotline to God, I'm pretty sure he'd accept that.

I still think they'll have one child quickly so Jeremy can show the world how manly he is that his sperm works (*pounds chest*) and so they can be the perfect little Christian church family. 

After the first, verdict is still out for me. I think they'll have larger than "average" family size, but max 5-6 with some nice spacing. But what do I know. Jeremy is the only SIL I still have the smallest ounce of hope for. He still sought a Duggar wife and wants to convert the ebil gays so it's a red flag... but their lack of public life is giving me that small glimmer of hope. Don't let me down Jeremy. 

16 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

Damn it, why does he have to be so dog damn hot??? 

Seriously though, he reminds me a lot of my husband, with his mannerisms and the whole moving-his-hands-when-he-talks thing. Except Mr.Jumper isn't fundie.

I gotta say it too- he is a good looking fella. If only we could swap out his brain. Sigh.

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

True, but he's not QF himself, and Boob let him marry Jinger while knowing that. 

How do we know he's not quiverfull? Obviously his family isn't, but what about Jeremy himself? I don't think we've ever heard him say one way or the other. All we know is that he chose to marry a Duggar and he passed Jim Bob's tests. Derick's family wasn't QF, either. Remember when everyone here was convinced that Derick was swooping in to save Jill, he was saying all the right things to trick Jim Bob, but he after marriage he was going to lead her into a glorious world of mainstream Christianity, birth control and higher education? Yeah.

11 hours ago, goldengrove said:

you did great with the link, thanks! I see what you mean, very distracting high beams on that boy, perhaps it was cold in the room?  strange choice of shirt, with the little collar (but I know nothing about current fashion trends...) he's too tall and rangy for the shirt, it just doesn't fit him.

I managed to watch over 4 minutes :D

(snip)

Thank you!  I'm trying to get used to board culture before I post a lot.  But for real, all I could think about during the video was how tight his shirt looked and how bad I wanted you all to see it too, haha.  I didn't understand the collar either.  For all I know it may be in fashion, but I'm used to guys wearing button down collars when they have on ties.  I think Jeremy is a good looking dude but his fashion choices confuse me sometimes.  

I really don't think the title of his video had anything at all to do with with rest of the rambling he did and I somehow managed to watch the whole thing.  I was really trying to understand what he was saying but I never did figure out what point he was trying to make.

Ew... he gets into ~Biblically Mandated Discipline~ around 19:50... first someone asks a question about "kids having kids" or whatever, and he proceeds to go on about a family of four he saw at a Chick-fil-A who fit that description for his Holier Than Thou ass, how he "saw the kid telling his kid what to do" and was thinking, and I quote, "He doesn't know how to be a dad! He doesn't know how to love that little girl! He's just a kid himself!" And how it just broke his heart to see these people he assumed were too young to be parents communicating with their kids and it just broke his heart so much that he ignored his friend Esteban's ramblings; he was just so busy staring at and judging these random strangers, apparently. :my_dodgy: Ugh...

Then someone asks some kind of question involving the words "no consequence," I don't know because that's all he repeated back to the person who asked before sharing this bit of his view on what Being A Biblical Mandate Disciplining Dad looks like:

The discipline that God mandates in his word which literally causes (like) absolutely no physical harm at all? If done according to -- now I'm not saying there's not people who abuse it, right? And then run to scripture to... no, that's abuse, when you're whipping your kid and he's got slashes on his legs and ... but, Biblically Mandated Discipline has aaaabsolutely no physical consequence to the child, and it's to drive the foolishness from them! And it's called ABUSE in our day :'( And the kid is allowed to rule his OWN life :'( :'(  

And then it gets worse. Like, plummets. He carries on this subject by using the fucking Keswani family as an example of poor discipline, because their daughter is transgender. I'm so furious I'm trying to hold back on my typical storm of expletives because I'll just go off. Devina is SIX YEARS OLD, and he's going after her and her parents, and blaming her gender on not being beaten enough, because her experience of her gender is just a sign of her "unruliness" in his know-it-all mind.

You know what? Good. If that's all it takes -- let her be unruly. At least she's not Jeremy fucking Vuolo's shitbag, delusional kidult-marrying Chick-fil-A eavesdropping famewhoring 'Christian' self. At least her parents know how to actually be good parents wrt her gender, unlike child-less parenting expert Jeremy Vuolo. SMFH

8 minutes ago, mizandry said:

"He doesn't know how to be a dad! He doesn't know how to love that little girl! He's just a kid himself!"

Like his brother in law, 21 and 2 kids? And his wife, who will have a kid before her 23rd birthday? Or that doesn'te count because of the rings?

10 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Like his brother in law, 21 and 2 kids? And his wife, who will have a kid before her 23rd birthday? Or that doesn'te count because of the rings?

RIGHT?!

I forgot to add this since it's minor, but his remarks around 24:24... I think he has a bone to pick with kid's cereal. Advertising to children subverts the parent's authority!1 How dare children want delicious cereal without their parent's permission! THOSE GOOGLE EYES CONTRIBUTE TO THE BREAKDOWN OF THE FAMILY!!! 

03_TEX24_BASE_T1_T5OPA2961-60-1.jpg

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived