IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

Weird you should say that @SweetFellowshipper because I also got pregnant after a failed IUI (which involved Clomid).  Gave it all up, bought a two-seated convertible, and figured I'd be childless.  Six weeks later... I realized I was three days late, peed on a stick, and what do you know?  Pregnant.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

Weird you should say that @SweetFellowshipper because I also got pregnant after a failed IUI (which involved Clomid).  Gave it all up, bought a two-seated convertible, and figured I'd be childless.  Six weeks later... I realized I was three days late, peed on a stick, and what do you know?  Pregnant.

Sounds like my aunt and uncle, except their two-seater was a boat. 

2 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

I know that for some, Clomid can thin the uterine lining, which actually prevents implantation in something like 30% of cases. 

8 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Yup. Most RE's require 3 months of basal temp charting before they'll prescribe Clomid. The protocol is pretty much the same for both.

What are REs? My fertility doctor never suggested charting, but of course they want you to pay for their treatments instead of getting pregnant on your own.

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I can honestly see Jeremy being the kind of guy to have a vasectomy after 3 or 4 kids. I don't see them having more than 4 kids ever. Jeremy strikes me as the type of guy who likes order in his life and having a bunch of kids doesn't fit into that box. He likes nice things, he likes quiet and orderly and I have a feeling the Duggar compound made his skin crawl.   Jinger is perfect wife, she's been bred to do as her man says, so what ever he says she will do, he wants to wait to have kids they will wait, he says enough kids, she will say ok. I have a feeling Jeremy has his life planned out and  he just needed a wife to get that plan going, what better place to find a willing wife than the Duggar house. I think the only difference in Jinger's headship is Jeremy will make it look like she has a choice in her life where boob didn't even pretend to let the kids have their own thoughts. 

I so hope all of this happens ^  that they have a relatively small family, then he gets snipped, but that their physical chemistry continues always. I totally agree that he is the kind of person who needs peace and quiet in his home, and that he was probably appalled by life at TTH.

I'm hoping that they will live more like his family, this would be wonderful for Jinger and their children.  His mother seems like such a lovely person. I don't think we could hope for a better MIL for Jinger, she could learn a lot from her as well. Also, I still hope that Jeremy will teach/allow her to think for herself, and to make decisions (at least within her own home), and that he'll be proud of her always...

that's a lot of hoping...we shall see. :|

6 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So Bin just actually cleans toilets for JB....we don't hear about anything else? And goes to onlineHolyCollege too. He is a grown married man with two children. I find this amazing, but then I am not in their cult. Or any cult actually. Ha ha. He lives off his father in law. 

Why am I amazed. I have known this, but when I think about it......

I don't personally see anything wrong with family working for family (not suggesting that's what your saying, I'm just responding to him *probably* only working for JimBob).  There's farms, family businesses', etc.  Plus, even with all the adult children, they got like 20 acres, and multiple real estate properties.  I mean, I could easily see it taking a team of people to keep things spick and span (and hopefully, he's actually being paid a weekly living wage - not just a "Ask us whenever you need date money" - which would be even more disrespectful).  Though who knows what the exchange rate is for his "salary" vs. a (more than likely) free house, and them probably paying for his online degree as well.

I think what drives me nuts, and causes most of us to snark about it all - is that JimBob's "pitch" is to live debt free, and claims he's made his children so self reliable that it's "leave and cleave" as soon as they are married.  But that's obviously not the case - and I don't personally think there's anything wrong with it, but again, JimBob trying to play it off behind the scenes has probably led to Ben being taken advantage of.  Again.

^ hopefully this makes sense, toddler about to pounce on me in 3, 2, 1 . . .

If it is a reality show perhaps chronicling their lives, what the hell does Bin actually do all day? With a free house, a beautiful van, he. Is living off his father in law. And getting a degree to preach to people who actually really work for a living and don't get a free house and beautiful van. What a life. 

All this talk of people's NFP/BC failing makes me super glad that I have the implant right now. Statistically, it is more effective than a vasectomy which is great because I am in no way shape or form ready to take care of a kid! 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

If it is a reality show perhaps chronicling their lives, what the hell does Bin actually do all day? With a free house, a beautiful van, he. Is living off his father in law. And getting a degree to preach to people who actually really work for a living and don't get a free house and beautiful van. What a life. 

Even better for Ben, if he is doing what he did when Spurgeon was born, he took this semester off. So, he's doing even less. I hope he's actually helping with the kids/cooking/cleaning in addition to being one of Boob's lackeys. 

Even People said it's Ben's job to change diapers.  They probably wander over to TTH around mealtime though. 

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

What are REs? My fertility doctor never suggested charting, but of course they want you to pay for their treatments instead of getting pregnant on your own.

reproductive endocrinologist 

In regards to how many children these people should have-- I think all of us would like to see an end to the hate preaching that most of the Duggars and friends do. We also want the blanket training and sister moms to end. However, a beautiful Christian family of 4-5 kids is a lot more socially appealing than one with 19. The hate message can spread a lot more if the family is appealing. So let's hope for a small family and an end to their beliefs!

On 15/02/2017 at 4:39 AM, flycat said:

Looks like the Rembrandt survived!

2017-02-14_12-05-55.jpg

Can we talk about the JB hair Jeremy is sporting? Apart from that, they both look happy, comfortable and rested, so I'm glad. 

42 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Jinger's got a big Cheshire Cat grin, like they just finished boning or something, lol. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The sex is probably mind blowing right now. Jeremy is probably doing EVERYTHING!  I wonder if Jessa told her what to expect because I just can't see Jinger asking Michelle about anything. 

I hope they're having a great time, but I'd really rather not speculate on the details of their sex life.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I hope they're having a great time, but I'd really rather not speculate on the details of their sex life.

Yeah, I completely agree. That's rather...icky. Let's just say that they are newlyweds and leave it at that. 

On 2/16/2017 at 1:35 PM, actuallyjessica said:

Femara usually gives far better results than Clomid.

I think its very individualized on which is better for the patient. I have read several statistics on success rates and sometimes clomid comes out ahead and sometimes Femara does. I asked my RE about Femara and she said she personally has seen better success with clomid, but I could do whichever one I wanted. I think it's all a matter of how the patient responds. 

2 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

Jinger's got a big Cheshire Cat grin, like they just finished boning or something, lol. 

Hey his wife is always 'Joyfully available".   

I don't mean to sound rude but I really hope she isn't pregnant and will wait to have a baby... she's so young, and I know women in that cult get married and pregnant younger but it is still hard to grasp as she looks young, as does Joy. However, I think them not posting on social media is a good sign since pretty much everyone in that family is an attention whore

1 hour ago, Kendra Ackerman said:

I don't mean to sound rude but I really hope she isn't pregnant and will wait to have a baby... she's so young, and I know women in that cult get married and pregnant younger but it is still hard to grasp as she looks young, as does Joy. However, I think them not posting on social media is a good sign since pretty much everyone in that family is an attention whore

that's not rude :) I don't think anyone here wants Jinger to be pregnant anytime soon...not showing themselves is both good and bad IMO, because it's gets them attention either way

On 2/16/2017 at 7:31 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

Preaching is actually a ton of work. I am a degreed preaching professional (though on a more academic track now), and when I was working in a church full time it would take at least 20-30 hours of my 50-60 hour work week to prepare a sermon. Plus there were the seven years of theological education to get me to that point. So I sympathize with Ben, and with his work. Do I think he's a good preacher? No. But preaching is genuinely difficult. Some people are more naturally gifted at it than others, but for most people it's a skill that takes a long time to develop. Not saying Ben's ever going to be a great preacher, but I have to admire him for starting to put in the work. He's already working far harder at it than Derick the pseudo-missionary ever has... 

I am sure real preaching is a lot of work and an honored profession. I do not see any life wisdom in Bin. He is young and he outs out the holier than thou missives which would send me running were I shopping for religious wisdom which I am not. The fundies think they know better and that turns me off. 

I'm more worried about Ben's articulation. I can hardly understand him when he talks so hearing him speak full sentences is tiring. I do give him a lot of credit for trying. His heart seems to be in it so I hope he succeeds. 

3 hours ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

Preaching is actually a ton of work. I am a degreed preaching professional (though on a more academic track now), and when I was working in a church full time it would take at least 20-30 hours of my 50-60 hour work week to prepare a sermon. Plus there were the seven years of theological education to get me to that point. So I sympathize with Ben, and with his work. Do I think he's a good preacher? No. But preaching is genuinely difficult. Some people are more naturally gifted at it than others, but for most people it's a skill that takes a long time to develop. Not saying Ben's ever going to be a great preacher, but I have to admire him for starting to put in the work. He's already working far harder at it than Derick the pseudo-missionary ever has... 

I would be interested in how the formal/official education process in the U.S. looks like to become a real preacher/priest. I (think I) know in Germany it is a 5 -7 year study program at a university, finishing with a Bachelor's AND Master's degree in catholic or protestant religion/philosophy plus 2 years of a priest seminar within the state church, is that right?

Since there is no official state religion in the U.S. how does one become an official priest? Is there an official path to be taken?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived