IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Ben said "my friend, Jeremy" when he explained who was coming to buy food for the baby shower game.

Ugh yes and I can't even figure out if their really friends. Jeremy calls him Benny and just seems to order him around/treat him like a puppy he's semi-fond of. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Greetings from honeymoon! Since hubby is currently watching an important soccer match, I decided to allow myself some FJ time poolside! Without getting too personal (I don't think I'm breaking any FJ rules here) - we talk about how little Anna was shown to know prior to marriage regarding sex and how much or little Duggar girls are aware of before marriage. Do you think it would be possible for Jeremy to maybe use the "pull out method" and Jinger not even know? I feel like graphic details wouldn't be shared between sisters and they certainly pups by google it. Not trying at all to be inappropriate, but I believe that would be more likely than condoms in the Vuolo household. 

We used that method for awhile. She's now at college. :laughing-rollingred:

1 hour ago, Berty K said:

Ugh yes and I can't even figure out if their really friends. Jeremy calls him Benny and just seems to order him around/treat him like a puppy he's semi-fond of. 

I don't think they are friends in the context we think of as friends.  I think much of Ben's story is true about how they met.  Jeremy went to visit, met Jinger, thought "damn, she's hot", and played the game to be able to get to know Jinger.  So Jeremy is more important in Ben's life than Ben is in Jeremy's.  I think Ben was more the avenue to get to Jinger while Ben appears to crave outside friendship.

5 hours ago, danni9242 said:

So it's at least possible they pull a 'we're engaged! Keep tuning in to see how it all began!' for Joy and Austin. I hope not, but then I don't really want the inevitable pregnancy announcement either.

Maybe there will just be an entirely new courtship.

I kind of feel they can't rehash 'the big event' without having some follow up announcement.

I figured out the announcement for Monday!  JinJer are going to announce that this is their final season on Counting On and from now on they are going to focus on helping the people of Laredo. 

1 hour ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Sponge doesn't work either, @fluffernutter! Mine is also in college studying music. And now I want a fluffernutter! LOL!

No. Way. Mine is a music major too! Plays the cello, music ed and performance. What's yours?

Mine is piano, voice and jazz choir, working up to performance jazz choir, @fluffernutter. We buy him any instrument we come across as he loves them all

2 hours ago, Berty K said:

You know, there are moments where I just feel kinda sorry for Ben.  He seems to genuinely try to reach out to other people (don't know if this is because of extrovertedness (sp?), or something else).  Anyways, there have been times where he went out his way to get to know people who lead a different kind of life than him (Flame, the football players he did that camp with, etc.).  For whatever reason, he did seem genuinely interested in at least hearing their perspective, and insight on what their life choices are, and didn't immediately chime in with a "But let me tell you my way, which is better."

Nobody seems to take him seriously - wtffundie tumblr pointed out that when Jessa talks about Ben sometimes, sounds like she's talking about a five year old child, "I'm really proud of Ben going out on there stage like that.  He tried."  Jim Bob obviously doesn't give any other job besides errand boy for the compound.  Jeremy seems to playfully tolerate him.  And I doubt Flame sees him as anything but another fan (though at least he doesn't seem to condescend him).

He deserves to have some friends who are respectful to him, and think of him as more than just a "way to the finish line" of whatever they see behind him.

And then I remember the crap he posts on social media . . . I mean, it's not as bad as Derick's zingy one liners - but still.

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Actual NFP involves either using basal body temperature or tracking mucus changes to determine ovulation. It would be impossible for the man in a relationship to track either of those things without his partner knowing. Unless he came up with some bizarre reason to be taking her temperature all the time. 

I assume you are thinking the old rhythm method of counting days from a woman's period which is not really effective. Many, many women do not ovulate precisely in the middle of their cycles. 

Thanks for the clarification. I thought this was only part of NFP and NFP involved everything non-chemical/hormonal and non-mechanical from outside sources in preventing a pregnancy, butdefinately measuring things, abstinence, prolonging nursing etc.

There is always a chance that Jeremy and Jinger (or any remaining Duggars and future spouses) could find that they are infertile/have low fertility or similar like Chad and Erin Paine.

This is not saying I would wish it upon them if they genuinely want children and many of them, but I could imagine it being a relief to some of them to not face the prospect of countless pregnancies and kids.

Sadly the Duggars probably suck up the Biblical times idea that something like this is shameful or a sign of being out of favour with God etc but I don't imagine too many non-fundies think that so if they lived far enough away they could probably get over it as I highly doubt fertility treatments would be approved of. Could be a blessing in disguise as I severely doubt all 19 of those kids REALLY want to 'leave it to the Lord' and have 10+ kids but have too much  fear  of JB/contraception.

3 hours ago, danni9242 said:

There is always a chance that Jeremy and Jinger (or any remaining Duggars and future spouses) could find that they are infertile/have low fertility or similar like Chad and Erin Paine.

This is not saying I would wish it upon them if they genuinely want children and many of them, but I could imagine it being a relief to some of them to not face the prospect of countless pregnancies and kids.

Sadly the Duggars probably suck up the Biblical times idea that something like this is shameful or a sign of being out of favour with God etc but I don't imagine too many non-fundies think that so if they lived far enough away they could probably get over it as I highly doubt fertility treatments would be approved of. Could be a blessing in disguise as I severely doubt all 19 of those kids REALLY want to 'leave it to the Lord' and have 10+ kids but have too much  fear  of JB/contraception.

Chad and Erin are actually very fertile together. They've had, I believe, five pregnancies total. It's just they didn't know that Erin had a medical condition that prevented her body from being able to sustain the pregnancies without medical intervention.

I'm not usually one to be happy when a child is born into this cult - but I was glad that they identified the problem and that they have two healthy kids. No one should have to experience that type of pain over and over. And seeing how emotional they both were during Carson's birth was very touching as well. I just hope another pregnancy doesn't happen for a long time because it could put Erin at risk.

Autoimmune pregnancies are higher risk in a generalized way, but with proper OB care, Erin could safely have a good number of children. Autoimmune isn't nearly as rare as it was 15 years ago, the change from Heparin to Lovenox, and 3D ultrasounds have changed things a lot. The key is getting proper medical care, which it seems like Erin does. 

Thanks for the clarification. I thought this was only part of NFP and NFP involved everything non-chemical/hormonal and non-mechanical from outside sources in preventing a pregnancy, butdefinately measuring things, abstinence, prolonging nursing etc.

Modern NFP makes people very aware that counting does not work. Period. No discussion to end.

It also makes women aware that nursing does not suppress ovulation for some women; so if you don't want to get pregnant again immediately, you should still track your cycle.

It is actually quite complicated. I considered NFP not for religious reasons (we are bad Catholics) but because my body reacts badly to most medications and my doctor thinks the pill would be a bad idea. But it is complicated and time consuming so we use a barrier method.

I know several women who used NFP to get pregnant.

Yup. Most RE's require 3 months of basal temp charting before they'll prescribe Clomid. The protocol is pretty much the same for both.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Chad and Erin are actually very fertile together. They've had, I believe, five pregnancies total. It's just they didn't know that Erin had a medical condition that prevented her body from being able to sustain the pregnancies without medical intervention.

I'm not usually one to be happy when a child is born into this cult - but I was glad that they identified the problem and that they have two healthy kids. No one should have to experience that type of pain over and over. And seeing how emotional they both were during Carson's birth was very touching as well. I just hope another pregnancy doesn't happen for a long time because it could put Erin at risk.

i don't know the Bates' as well so I'd not realised they'd had so many pregnancies that ended tragically :( I definitely wouldn't want that pain for anyone. I hope they can take joy in the children they have and not feel pressured to risk her life or guilty to choose to prevent pregnancy when it is dangerous for her.

11 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Sponge doesn't work either, @fluffernutter! Mine is also in college studying music. And now I want a fluffernutter! LOL!

The pill failed me in the 90s. She is also in college. lol

9 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

You know, there are moments where I just feel kinda sorry for Ben.  He seems to genuinely try to reach out to other people (don't know if this is because of extrovertedness (sp?), or something else).  Anyways, there have been times where he went out his way to get to know people who lead a different kind of life than him (Flame, the football players he did that camp with, etc.).  For whatever reason, he did seem genuinely interested in at least hearing their perspective, and insight on what their life choices are, and didn't immediately chime in with a "But let me tell you my way, which is better."

Nobody seems to take him seriously - wtffundie tumblr pointed out that when Jessa talks about Ben sometimes, sounds like she's talking about a five year old child, "I'm really proud of Ben going out on there stage like that.  He tried."  Jim Bob obviously doesn't give any other job besides errand boy for the compound.  Jeremy seems to playfully tolerate him.  And I doubt Flame sees him as anything but another fan (though at least he doesn't seem to condescend him).

He deserves to have some friends who are respectful to him, and think of him as more than just a "way to the finish line" of whatever they see behind him.

And then I remember the crap he posts on social media . . . I mean, it's not as bad as Derick's zingy one liners - but still.

IMO, the best thing that could happen to the Seewalds is to seek an independent income source. Actually attending  Moody in Chicago could have done them wonders. JB doesn't need a Boy Friday- he has 11 unemployed boys at home, and 6 pairs of girl hands too.

On 2/15/2017 at 4:15 AM, eveandadam said:

my guess is that they will try as quick as possible for the first son. when he is born they will probably slow down with NFP and end up with around 4-6 children. I do think so that she she already could be pregnant, of course, we'll only know if/when they announce, and that the first child will be born before their first anniversary.

NFP for them probably means not stopping nursing on purpos to get pregnant again as quick as possible but drawing out the nursing phase to prevent pregnancy. I don't think they'll apply the actual NFP, maybe Jeremy will and Jinger won't know. ykwim?!

I can honestly see Jeremy being the kind of guy to have a vasectomy after 3 or 4 kids. I don't see them having more than 4 kids ever. Jeremy strikes me as the type of guy who likes order in his life and having a bunch of kids doesn't fit into that box. He likes nice things, he likes quiet and orderly and I have a feeling the Duggar compound made his skin crawl.   Jinger is perfect wife, she's been bred to do as her man says, so what ever he says she will do, he wants to wait to have kids they will wait, he says enough kids, she will say ok. I have a feeling Jeremy has his life planned out and  he just needed a wife to get that plan going, what better place to find a willing wife than the Duggar house. I think the only difference in Jinger's headship is Jeremy will make it look like she has a choice in her life where boob didn't even pretend to let the kids have their own thoughts. 

So Bin just actually cleans toilets for JB....we don't hear about anything else? And goes to onlineHolyCollege too. He is a grown married man with two children. I find this amazing, but then I am not in their cult. Or any cult actually. Ha ha. He lives off his father in law. 

Why am I amazed. I have known this, but when I think about it......

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Yup. Most RE's require 3 months of basal temp charting before they'll prescribe Clomid. The protocol is pretty much the same for both.

Most regular OB/GYNs just throw clomid out there willy nilly- I was easily put on 50mg with no prior bloodwork, ultrasounds, charting,etc. When I switched to an RE she upped my dose also without asking for my BBT charts, even though I did have several months worth which show ovulation (she did followup with ultrasounds of course, because she actually knows what she is doing). Clomid can still help those who are ovulating on their own to have stronger ovulation/more follicles but obviously it is more effective on those who don't ovulate. Its cheap and noninvasive so why not try it first seems to be the thought process. 

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

Most regular OB/GYNs just throw clomid out there willy nilly- I was easily put on 50mg with no prior bloodwork, ultrasounds, charting,etc. When I switched to an RE she upped my dose also without asking for my BBT charts, even though I did have several months worth which show ovulation (she did followup with ultrasounds of course, because she actually knows what she is doing). Clomid can still help those who are ovulating on their own to have stronger ovulation/more follicles but obviously it is more effective on those who don't ovulate. Its cheap and noninvasive so why not try it first seems to be the thought process. 

Same experience here.  Clomid did nothing for me except cause me to hate everyone and gain 20 lbs, unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Same experience here.  Clomid did nothing for me except cause me to hate everyone and gain 20 lbs, unfortunately. 

Clomid sucked hard for me. Didn't get pregnant on it but did get pregnant the very first month I went off of it and did hippie stuff like acupuncture and new agey fertility massage, which I thought was bogus even while doing it. Now I'm gonna feel like I have to do that every time I try. Lol!

46 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Clomid sucked hard for me. Didn't get pregnant on it but did get pregnant the very first month I went off of it and did hippie stuff like acupuncture and new agey fertility massage, which I thought was bogus even while doing it. Now I'm gonna feel like I have to do that every time I try. Lol!

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of clomid though oddly the 100mg dose gave me less side effects than the 50? Maybe my body had just adjusted by then. 

I tried acupuncture too a few times but just felt stupid doing it. I just laid there and kept thinking "should I be feeling something?". Plus the acupuncturist would talk SO much that my 30 minute appointment would take an hour. I don't have the patients I guess!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived