IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

On 2/12/2017 at 2:49 PM, BlessaYourHeart said:

Northern Ireland and Scotland have their fair share on home grown fundies called Free Presbyterians - speaking from experience of living with them in a uni flat here in Northern Ireland - they are scarily right-wing hard line.

I've been interested in this branch of Christianity since seeing the movie Breaking the Waves. I always wondered how much it reflected reality.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

lol that Duggar revisionist theory. "first Duggar to permanently relocate" Well, technically Josh did that until he became Joshley. So she's not really the first. 

They said right after marriage. Josh was still In Arkansas for a bunch of years after his marriage. Anna had two of the babies in Grandma Mary's house that Benessa now lives in. Most memorable birth Michael being born on the toilet! So Jinger really is the first one to move away right after marriage. 

10 hours ago, Bethella said:

It seems to me that you are defining fundamentalist as believing a specific set of Christian theological views. That isn't the definition that I use. While FJ doesn't have a formal consensus or definition of what is a fundamentalist, to me a fundamentalist is anyone who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in their religion/beliefs and that their way is the only way, no other beliefs have any validity. In my view you can have fundamentalist Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, the list goes on.

It is a theological thing. IT is a HUGE deal theologically in the church in whose camp you believe. And the two do not usually cross pollinate  If you youtube John MacArthur "strange fire" conference you can see how deeply the divide is.  You said this:  " to me a fundamentalist is anyone who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in their religion/beliefs and that their way is the only way"   This is VERY TRUE and it begins with their strict theological views. Underneath all the outward appearances of fundamentalism It has been my experience inside the church being on both sides of the debate that this is a very real belief.  If Jana or whoever decided to adopt a Pentecostal, belief system you bet your bottom dollar there would be trouble on the horizon. Ben has dabbled a little with John Piper quoting him here and there. Which I find interesting. I am not sure he is aware of his history. What I do find very very interesting, is back in the late 80's early 90's forward John Piper was all on board with the Vineyard Movement and it's founder John Wimber.  I remembered his name from way back and was confused as to why Ben was reading and quoting him.  It seems our John Piper has moved over to the patriarchy movement.  In his comment s here he kind of around about says some things move to the forefront and some move  behind.This John Piper is going to muddy the Patriarchy belief system with his theology but it seems he is putting his more radical beliefs on the back burner to siddle up to patriarchy.http://thecripplegate.com/john-macarthur-responds-to-john-piper-regarding-strange-fire/

I am pretty sure though, as some cults do , there are some people out there who gravitate towards patriarchy with some pentecostal beliefs. 

1 hour ago, flycat said:

Looks like the Rembrandt survived!

2017-02-14_12-05-55.jpg

Jinger's looking at him differently than she did in the courtship, but she's still staring... What was this "congratulations" for?

9 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Jinger's looking at him differently than she did in the courtship, but she's still staring... What was this "congratulations" for?

Henry

2 hours ago, flycat said:

2017-02-14_12-05-55.jpg

I know we've talked about her hair before, but I think it looks great here! Maybe not having to share the bathroom and having choices on hair products she didn't have before is helping? I think she looks great.

16 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

I know we've talked about her hair before, but I think it looks great here! Maybe not having to share the bathroom and having choices on hair products she didn't have before is helping? I think she looks great.

Jeremy's smile looks a little off-center. Jeremy! Run if they tell you to see the oral surgeon that Derick Dillard used!

1 hour ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Most memorable birth Michael being born on the toilet!

Wasn't Smuggar sound asleep when this kid was born?  Asshole.  Lazy, good for nothing asshole.  Not that I would have ever even thought to marry somebody like him.  But.  Even if I had suddenly lost all ability to make good decisions for myself, and was in some kind of a walking coma and did marry somebody like that, I still would have had enough sense to call a lawyer if I had to go through the pain and suffering of childbirth and his lazy ass couldn't be bothered to even stay awake, much less hold my hand and help me out. (Sorry, vent over.)

2 hours ago, flycat said:

2017-02-14_12-05-55.jpg

The Rembrandt survived! And it looks like they took the other bookcase out of the closet. Because if I remember correctly there was on'y the one in the corner. There wasn't one on the other side of the couch.

5 minutes ago, vspielman said:

Wasn't Smuggar sound asleep when this kid was born?  Asshole.  Lazy, good for nothing asshole.  Not that I would have ever even thought to marry somebody like him.  But.  Even if I had suddenly lost all ability to make good decisions for myself, and was in some kind of a walking coma and did marry somebody like that, I still would have had enough sense to call a lawyer if I had to go through the pain and suffering of childbirth and his lazy ass couldn't be bothered to even stay awake, much less hold my hand and help me out. (Sorry, vent over.)

Nope. He was taking a nap at one point during her labour (which he was encouraged to do by the others there, and I really can't blame him for, she had been labouring for a long time by then) and he was with her when she delivered the baby.

@singsingsing, my husband took a nap when I was in labor with my last baby.  I don't know if he would have except the chair in the labor room opened up into a bed for dads/partners.  I, meanwhile, walked around and watched reruns of Leave It to Beaver on TV Land save for the 10 minutes per hour that I had to be hooked up to the fetal monitor.

3 hours ago, BiblebeltCath said:

I've been interested in this branch of Christianity since seeing the movie Breaking the Waves. I always wondered how much it reflected reality.

Most Free Presbyterian congregations are up north, although there are apparently churches in Edinburgh and Glasgow. My stereotypical association is with the Highlands and Islands. The film sounds interesting!

I don't think they are particularly numerous in Scotland - certainly more in Northern Ireland. The respective churches have different origins, as well.

51 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

The Rembrandt survived! And it looks like they took the other bookcase out of the closet. Because if I remember correctly there was on'y the one in the corner. There wasn't one on the other side of the couch.

I was trying to remember, as I watched the show last night, where Jessa had put stuff...definitely remembered the bookcase in the closet, though, and how on the spot poor Jinger was, caught between the two of them.  That was the rudest I have seen Jessa be, and I hope Jeremy went right back up to the apartment and moved everything where he wanted it.

I thought that it was very inconsiderate of them to unload the vehicle in the middle of the night (if that is really when it happened), clomping up and down the stairs.  TLC or not, I wouldn't have put up with that, especially if I had to go to work the next day.

Another thing, while I'm at it:  Jeremy said something about wanting to "be Texas"...the word you're looking for, darlin', is TEXAN ^_^ 

16 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

I thought that it was very inconsiderate of them to unload the vehicle in the middle of the night (if that is really when it happened), clomping up and down the stairs.  TLC or not, I wouldn't have put up with that, especially if I had to go to work the next day.

i don't know how safe the neighborhood is where their apartment is located...but where i am, no one leaves *anything* in a car, ever, even during the day. all that shit would be gone by morning...

2 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

Jeremy strikes me as the type of guy who likes to look good, unlike HippieJesusDerek, so I can see him encouraging her to get some help with her hair. Plus, as a pastor's wife, she now has more responsibilities, including looking good.

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Looks like a different painting than the Night watch painting we saw in the apartment episode.

And dare I say Jinger looks healthier, meaning she looks like she gained a few pounds which, considering her figure during the wedding, would be much healthier, and she's glowing, good for her! You go Jinge!

I think life with Jeremy is very becoming for her :-)

30 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

i don't know how safe the neighborhood is where their apartment is located...but where i am, no one leaves *anything* in a car, ever, even during the day. all that shit would be gone by morning...

This is very true, I lived in apartments just like that in similar neighborhoods all over Texas in my youth. We had to choose sometimes between locking it up and grabbing a couple hours sleep, or pissing off our new neighbors. 

Who knows, perhaps TLC bought the whole complex (or, at least, rented the apartment below), so they can do as they like...

ETA: I still feel like Jinger is pregnant... don't want her to be so soon, just feel it in my bones (but that could be my broken foot talking), hope I'm wrong.  Also, it's her TH's, the last couple shows, the glow, the added weight, fullness of her face (so like Michelle's, while preggers), swaddling in scarves, etc...

2 hours ago, goldengrove said:

I was trying to remember, as I watched the show last night, where Jessa had put stuff...definitely remembered the bookcase in the closet, though, and how on the spot poor Jinger was, caught between the two of them.  That was the rudest I have seen Jessa be, and I hope Jeremy went right back up to the apartment and moved everything where he wanted it.

Another thing, while I'm at it:  Jeremy said something about wanting to "be Texas"...the word you're looking for, darlin', is TEXAN ^_^ 

I thought the same thing. I was like those rude idiots. People are sleeping.

6 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I thought the same thing. I was like those rude idiots. People are sleeping.

yup, but they are probably just heathens, and don't really exist to them (unless they are trying to convert them), kind of like human fly-over states...

6 hours ago, goldengrove said:

I was a property manager of a building 20 years ago and once some guy moved a sofa at 3 am.  Needless to say I was not pleased and instituted a policy no moving in past 10 pm.  I don't care. 

It just occurred to me that Jinger and Jeremy are the only Duggar couple living under their own roof of their own choice. Jeremy is the king of his own castle. For Jinger this is a complete cut from her family. Independence!! I am happy for them

27 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

She looks very happy, I can't help but think she's already a few months pregnant though...

You have no idea how much I hope he doesn't fall for this no birth control thing. Deep inside I hope that he really values a few child free years so they can get to know each other. He paid his dues abiding by the Duggar household rules to snag Jinger, so I hope now that he has her he can implement his own beliefs. On one of the talking head interviews the others were making comments on how soon they would be producing offspring. I screen shot Jingers face  because it was so telling. She did not look impressed and not like she was going to jump into motherhood any time soon.  Jessa also piped up saying don't bug the newlyweds about being pregnant right after they are married.  I have always wondered if Jessa and Jinger discussed birth control.  Jessa does hang out with people who obviously practice birth control. I mean the conversation must have come up.

I have no view if Jinger is pregnant or not right now but I do think she will be at the latest by the end of the year regardless of what they will do when it comes to birth control. I think Jinger will do what she is taught to do, have babies and Jeremy needs to prove physically to JB that he is man enough... I think the dynamics of Jeremy and JB was pretty clear previously and there was some clear alpha male clash and JB looking threathened by the younger more able male... 

I have no idea what Jinger and Jeremy will do when it comes to babies and birth control but as I have said many times before, I don't think they will have as many as JB and Michelle but I don't think any of the Duggar kids will. I am going with a bigger but not huge family with Jinger and Jeremy. My guess is 7-8 and I believe they will at least make an effort to use NFP after baby 3-4.

On 14-2-2017 at 8:38 AM, Bethella said:

It seems to me that you are defining fundamentalist as believing a specific set of Christian theological views. That isn't the definition that I use. While FJ doesn't have a formal consensus or definition of what is a fundamentalist, to me a fundamentalist is anyone who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in their religion/beliefs and that their way is the only way, no other beliefs have any validity. In my view you can have fundamentalist Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, the list goes on.

Fundamentalist Atheists is kind of difficult with our lack of scripture. But I agree with you in that some atheist are just plain crazy extremist. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived