IGNORED

Good grief, how did Sherry not set the house afire?

bionicmlle

For some reason, Sherry's descriptions made me think of this:

aristasia-central.com

Wonder what fundies would make of that? ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh. My. God.

I think I would have to consider divorce were I her husband. How the heck can you live with all that PINK!!!! every day? I couldn't even read the blog post cuz the pink was all I could see.

That is probably the real reason he lives as a missionary far far away from home.

Guest Anonymous
Oh. My. God.

I think I would have to consider divorce were I her husband. How the heck can you live with all that PINK!!!! every day? I couldn't even read the blog post cuz the pink was all I could see.

Even Lady Lydia would get nauseated. It's like living inside a Pepto-Bismol bottle.

Where is her husband, anyway? She talks about him being a missionary to a communist country, and that it's too dangerous for the family to be with him. I'm straining my brain trying to think of a communist country that isn't also a totalitarian state (and thus pretty safe!) and I can't come up with one.

My guess is Cuba. I think in an earlier post she mentions that he is of Cuban descent.

Just...wow! I start to twitch if my surfaces start to accumulate sundries so I felt a tightening in my chest seeing all that crap. My mother likes ruffles, pink frilly junk like that too and we've had wars over her idea of "decoration" when I was a teenager. And why do fundies hate any sign of chub or fat?

Like my mom always believed, There's no problem that a lot of makeup and a little bit of pixie dust can't solve.

She was a case of arrested development and so is Sherry. It will all hit someday and Sherry will either have to grow up or become more deluded than she already is. I don't think she is going to grow up.

Sigh. She has kids named Alexander and Alexandra. I know I've snarked on kreative names before, but I'd rather see a dozen Kayleighannas than siblings given the same names.

Her twin sister seemed pretty normal. I wonder how she felt about her sister being a pink and floofy. Especially since she seems to believe that all REAL women act and dress the way she does.

The oldest daughter has a blog (thevalueofone) that the father moderates so heavily that she is not allowed to read comments that he doesn't first approve. She is 22.

Don't you understand?!? Her colors are blush and bashful. She has chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other. Pink is her signature color!

+1 :romance-heartspink::romance-wub:

(Oh look, the smilies are pink. Blush & Bashful).

The oldest daughter has a blog (thevalueofone) that the father moderates so heavily that she is not allowed to read comments that he doesn't first approve. She is 22.

Oh right, I remember this: alexandra-thevalueofone.blogspot.com/2011/05/birthday-day.html (At her 22th birthday she had a princess party.)

OH MY GOD. That party would have been perfect for a 7 year old. She's quoting the Disney movie Tangled and she's 22? Talk about stunted!

If these girls are so stunted that they have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old when they're in their 20's, how are they supposed to get married, run households and have babies? How do you go from having a 'Tangled' themed birthday party to cooking, cleaning, keeping a budget, taking care of kids, running a household, ect all on your own, not as a sistermom??? This SAHD crap just baffles me.

Yikes, my eyes!

It's disturbing this is a grown woman's blog. She looks like a fundie Barbie. And funny how fundies are never grateful to people, her husband received an anonymous gift but of course it's not the giver who gets thanked in any way, no the merit is entirely the Lord's.

Wow. She really made a baby shower all about her, as well as the risk of burning the place down with real candles next to tulle. That Tangled or other princess party would be better for my niece's 4th birthday next spring, but this shows that fundies prefer adult women to be child-like so they have no desire to move out or reject the idea of courtship.

Where is her husband, anyway? She talks about him being a missionary to a communist country, and that it's too dangerous for the family to be with him. I'm straining my brain trying to think of a communist country that isn't also a totalitarian state (and thus pretty safe!) and I can't come up with one.

Probably Canada, or maybe the UK. :lol:

I think her husband may be in/from Cuba as well. Their son (the future fatherhood guy) mentions his dad was born in a communist country. But she makes it sound like such a horrible, dangerous place:

This particular time I was expecting Emma and I had chosen this time alone with my sister to break the difficult news to her that God had called my husband to be a missionary to a communist country. At that time it was legal for all of our family to live there with him and that was our plan. This news was quite a blow to my sister, knowing how dangerous it was and that there was a chance we may never come back.

I'm confused--if Cuba is such a dangerous place and there's a chance you may never come back, why do people (besides Americans) take vacations to Cuba?

I think her husband may be in/from Cuba as well. Their son (the future fatherhood guy) mentions his dad was born in a communist country. But she makes it sound like such a horrible, dangerous place:

I'm confused--if Cuba is such a dangerous place and there's a chance you may never come back, why do people (besides Americans) take vacations to Cuba?

Most "communist" countries are friendly towards tourists, but are not so welcomming to missionaries.

Most "communist" countries are friendly towards tourists, but are not so welcomming to missionaries.

Okay, that makes sense. Also, I don't know a whole lot about Communism and how that relates to religion, but I always assumed that Cuba would have a pretty heavy Catholic population. Why send missionaries?

I don't actually find her actions offensive - except for the poor judgment that caused her to light those candles. (Well, and her taste in decorating leaves something to be desired, but anyway...)

She stated at the beginning of her post that this was a baby shower for someone else. For me, that was clear from the beginning.

She recently lost her sister, with whom she shared this love for all things neo-Victorian. They had planned this event together, in part to take the sister's mind off a disabling condition.

The author once lost a child as well, and her husband is a missionary in some "communist country" - maybe China. For 20 years she has endured uncertainty and poverty - she and her children.

It's not the life most of us would live, but she tries to make the best of it. It's hard for me to snark on that.

I can't read her blog or even look at it. Not to mention the auto music. Everything I can't stand is in one place from the look to the fundie life to the fairy tale version of existing.

Whoa....that was definitely a pink overload! How can her husbands and sons stand to live in that pepto bismal night mare....?

I think I would be majorly ticked off if my husband went to a costume store to buy me a dress. She looks like a Pink Vampira.....

Cuba makes sense, especially if he was born there. I would be surprised if her were there officially as a missionary, though. Relatives of mine who went to China years ago as missionaries were officially there as English teachers, volunteering through an NGO.

I'm told (by Cuban friends) that Cuba's one of the safest places in the world, but I guess it would be dangerous for all of them if he was actually working as a spy for the US.

Okay, that makes sense. Also, I don't know a whole lot about Communism and how that relates to religion, but I always assumed that Cuba would have a pretty heavy Catholic population. Why send missionaries?

If it is Cuba, she is being hugely melodramatic. Unless hubby is doing something he shouldn't (for the CIA?) the worst he's going to get is told to bugger off back to the US. Even if he is CIA, a deal will be brokered despite his background because, wifey and weeping kids. This is not the era of bullets in the head on a quiet stairwell and it never has been for foreign nationals.

There are exceptions, though mostly not "communist". I would not chance my arm in Somalia, for example.

As for communist views of religion, generally not pro ;) But understanding why people become religious. Also, it is a different picture when religion is used to hold the working class down than when it is a free choice.

If it is Cuba, she is being hugely melodramatic. Unless hubby is doing something he shouldn't (for the CIA?) the worst he's going to get is told to bugger off back to the US. Even if he is CIA, a deal will be brokered despite his background because, wifey and weeping kids. This is not the era of bullets in the head on a quiet stairwell and it never has been for foreign nationals.

There are exceptions, though mostly not "communist". I would not chance my arm in Somalia, for example.

As for communist views of religion, generally not pro ;) But understanding why people become religious. Also, it is a different picture when religion is used to hold the working class down than when it is a free choice.

Perhaps her husband is purposefully exaggerating his danger?

Archived