IGNORED

Anna Matrix is back

lilah

Does everyone else only see the first page of her blog? The back button doesn't work for me.

Same with me.

No, you see, Jesus came not to abolish the law but to fulfil it (tit and jottle and so forth).

I have twice attempted to explain to Anna how negative numbers work (you can't avoid them when you're talking about Noahide Covenants and other stuff in BC) but I'm not sure she got it. (Has it ever occurred to you that the Romans counted backwards? (Be honest.))

She also had no idea that the Aramaic used in the story about Peter's name (only she called it Aramatic) would have been the Actual Language Jesus made the joke in. This, by the way, being a woman who considers herself a bible scholar.

(I have this little idea in my head that Peter was already called Peter (Rocky) by his friends because he was stolid and a bit slow, and Jesus took this and turned it upside down.)

And she had this weird idea that Herbs were a tricky thing to deal with. Just buy some basil, woman!

I quite liked Anna to start with. At least she didn't believe in submitting to her husband (and once she finally got over the idea of Brian being the mistake it all got a lot better) and I don't think she beats her children either. Unfortunately all her science and history comes from Genesis and she kept going on about people I'd never heard of, Ron Paul whom she adores and Javier Solana who is the Antichrist (or, whoops, I may be misremembering, he might just be the other figure). When she complained that the Evil Liberal Librarian wouldn't let her renew her overdue film because someone else wanted it and this is what is wrong with America these days I realised that I didn't like her very much any more ;-)

Keep trying the back button, it's working now.

Nope, still nothing. It's clickable, but it just reloads the main page.

ETA: Umm, I just tried again, and it worked!

No, you see, Jesus came not to abolish the law but to fulfil it (tit and jottle and so forth).

I have twice attempted to explain to Anna how negative numbers work (you can't avoid them when you're talking about Noahide Covenants and other stuff in BC) but I'm not sure she got it. (Has it ever occurred to you that the Romans counted backwards? (Be honest.))

I adore you for this reference!

My main question is: this was a covenant with Jews, not with the planet. So why would someone was not born into this covenant or chose to make it feel bound by it? The Jewish converts that I know feel that they were spiritually present at the covenant, like being Jewish is something that they always kind of were but because of their bloodline they had to go through a formal process of accepting their Jewish identity. (not saying it is that way for all Jewish converts) I don't know if there are other covenant-based religions, but I don't feel the need to obey their covenants if there are. It's like being loyal to someone else's husband.

Nope, still nothing. It's clickable, but it just reloads the main page.

ETA: Umm, I just tried again, and it worked!

It seems to work really sporadicly. I went back and read a lot of her old posts, and I usually had to hit the back button several times before it would actually take me back. Sometimes I could hit the back button, be taken to the new stuff and then hit refresh, and somehow that would magically take me to the page I was trying to get to. It seems like you just have to be incredibly patient and stubborn to get anywhere.

I am confused. This could be because I'm super stressed and have been up since 3:15 this morning, but Anna says it is 1 day to Rosh Ha'Shanah. But doesn't the holiday start at sundown on the 28th? So even if she was posting after sundown on Monday, one day until RH says Tuesday night to me. I'm confused.

Okay.. I get most fake Jews.. they think they are being more Jewish by keeping the Torah.. but has anyone every explained WHY we are supposed to keep the Torah? I thought Jesus took that away. Perhaps my read through in the Bible lead me no where.. but I just don't get this whole idea that keeping Torah makes you more favorable to God? Help? Seriously, Anna provides so much entertainment for my partner and myself that we were lost without her crazy before bed every night.

I, too, feel sorry for her children. I hope they find a good therapist in their grown up years.

Except most fake Jews don't follow the Torah. They follow Rabbinic traditions, which is why we Jews often claim that they are playing at Judaism. If they were actually following the Torah, like trying to make sacrifices and stuff and following strictly only what the Torah says (like Karaite Jews) it would make vaguely more sense (although, as you point out, it doesn't really make sense from a Christian standpoint...seriously these fake Jews seem to neither understanding Judaism nor Christianity).

I am confused. This could be because I'm super stressed and have been up since 3:15 this morning, but Anna says it is 1 day to Rosh Ha'Shanah. But doesn't the holiday start at sundown on the 28th? So even if she was posting after sundown on Monday, one day until RH says Tuesday night to me. I'm confused.

I think fake Jews have some weird way of calculating when Rosh Hashanah is. I remember Lina or somebody rambling on about it last year.

1 more day til the rapture? !!!

I'll be checking her blog later this week, lol. I did notice she left some loopholes for herself in case it's *not* the rapture.

Well, Anna is looking for a major earthquake today. 7pm on the west coast of the US and, as far as I can tell, no major quakes so far.

Well, maybe tomorrow.

Did she ever get over Brian being the mistake?

Yes she did - I can't remember when but it was after she'd gone on and on about how the previous idiot was God's Perfect Plan for her (even though there were several warning signs that he really wasn't) and Brian was the rebound. It may have been part of the series she did on "les jours d'amour" (which she had to translate, much to my amusement. I forget that french isn't as ubiquitous in the US as in the UK). Then suddenly there was an entry saying that she'd realised that wotsisname wasn't that great after all - quite possibly had finally spotted the warning signs - and here was how Brian was quite different which was good.

I'm seriously hoping that by the time the world hasn't ended by 1-1-14 (it's difficult to explain that away as a mere difference of perspective) Anna will have realised that she's been Very Wrong and will buckle down to setting her family to rights. I think the oldest will be 13 at that point, which is late but probably not irredeemable.

Yes she did - I can't remember when but it was after she'd gone on and on about how the previous idiot was God's Perfect Plan for her (even though there were several warning signs that he really wasn't) and Brian was the rebound. It may have been part of the series she did on "les jours d'amour" (which she had to translate, much to my amusement. I forget that french isn't as ubiquitous in the US as in the UK). Then suddenly there was an entry saying that she'd realised that wotsisname wasn't that great after all - quite possibly had finally spotted the warning signs - and here was how Brian was quite different which was good.

I'm seriously hoping that by the time the world hasn't ended by 1-1-14 (it's difficult to explain that away as a mere difference of perspective) Anna will have realised that she's been Very Wrong and will buckle down to setting her family to rights. I think the oldest will be 13 at that point, which is late but probably not irredeemable.

It was a sort of rhetorical question. I remember that post, but even the impressions after words seemed to be that Brian was still not really right, not the best she could have had.

But...but...The Matrix!!

Wait...uh....isn't The Bible one of the most popular books in the world? And why are all the fundies still here? I was really hoping for The Rapture for less traffic, except, it wouldn't make much difference in my heathen city.

Archived