IGNORED

Steve Bannon is an awful father and a wife beater

ShepherdontheRock

21 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Oohhh, juicy! Is Bannon the leak? :pb_lol: :violence-smack:

I sometimes think Trump is the leak.  He does love his drama and attention while he plays the victim. 

• Upvote 14

12 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I sometimes think Trump is the leak.  He does love his drama and attention while he plays the victim. 

Plus, he apparently has a history of leaking about himself in the past, so I wouldn't put it past him at all.

Trump was the king of anonymous sources

[...]

1. Trump was one of the Manhattan media's most notorious anonymous sources throughout his career as a real estate showman.
  2. For years, Trump would call in anonymous tips about himself to the New York Post's Page Six. Two of his pseudonyms were John Barron and John Miller.
  3. Trump frequently used the phrase "off the record but you can use it," according to the New Yorker's Mark Singer, who profiled Trump in the late 90s.
  4. As the Washington Post's White House reporter Phil Rucker points out, Trump's attack on anonymous sources this morning came shortly after his aides held an anonymous briefing with the press.

The (old) article includes links to sources.

• Upvote 8

16 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Oh, I think he does it too! But there's a difference between Trump, who just blathers shit that ends up blowing up situation after situation, usually at his own disadvantage, and people who leak information Trump wouldn't want revealed about his failures.

Trump's leaks are meant to elevate his image of power and control. The conflicting messages don't concern him. He's accustomed to people dealing with his vacillation on things.

The other leaks attack this very image he values above all else. Of course, none of this is illegal. At best, it's a contract violation. How ironic that a man who has probably violated every contract he's ever signed has employees who are violating their contracts. Provided they actually signed non-disclosures.

I'm I the only one giddy with anticipation? America Gets Rid of Bannon Week?

• Upvote 8

Good grief: "Steve Bannon says rivals ‘wetting themselves,’ calls supremacists ‘clowns,’ contradicts Trump on N. Korea"

Spoiler

Stephen K. Bannon, the White House chief strategist, seemed to take issue with President Trump on North Korea, attacked white supremacists as “clowns” and “losers” and described his efforts against administration rivals in an unusual interview Wednesday with The American Prospect, a progressive magazine.

The interview with magazine co-editor and columnist Robert Kuttner was initiated by Bannon, Kuttner said, in an Anthony Scaramucci-style phone call out of the blue in response to a column Kuttner had written on China.

“Bannon was in high spirits when he phoned me Tuesday afternoon to discuss the politics of taking a harder line with China, and minced no words describing his efforts to neutralize rivals at the Departments of Defense, State and Treasury,” wrote Kuttner.

“‘They’re wetting themselves,’ he said, proceeding to detail how he would oust some of his opponents at State and Defense.”

On North Korea, Bannon said: “‘Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.’”

That comment seemed at odds with Trump’s “fire and fury” threats to use military force against North Korea.

On China, Bannon told Kuttner that the United States was at “economic war” and warned that “one of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path,” according to the article.

“On Korea, they’re just tapping us along. It’s just a sideshow,” he said.

Bannon was also asked by Kuttner to comment on the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville last weekend and President’ Trump’s reluctance to condemn the participants.

“Ethno-nationalism — it’s losers. It’s a fringe element,” Bannon told the magazine. “I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, eh, help crush it more.”

“These guys are a collection of clowns,” he added.

The remarks were startling coming from Bannon, who spent more than four years running the far-right website Breitbart News before he was tapped to join Trump’s campaign.

Bannon, the site’s former executive chair, has called the Breitbart “a platform of the alt-right.”

The alt-right, by some definitions, is a small, deeply conservative movement that seeks a whites-only state. It was his strategy to use the site to channel white supremacist support for Trump and provide a mouthpiece for his populist message during the 2016 election, a move that helped secure him a senior role in the administration.

In the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, which left a counterprotester dead and others injured, civil rights leaders have called on Trump to fire Bannon over his ties to the white nationalist community, as The Washington Post has reported.

Asked by reporters Tuesday if he still had confidence in his chief strategist, Trump deflected.

“He’s not a racist, I can tell you that,” Trump said. “But we’ll see what happens with Mr. Bannon.”

Kuttner wrote in Wednesday’s article that he was surprised when he got an email from one of Bannon’s assistants saying he wanted to arrange a meeting. The two ended up speaking by phone on Tuesday afternoon, according to the article.

When the conversation turned to race and the events in Charlottesville, Bannon dodged questions about his role in cultivating the alt-right, according to the article. He also faulted Democrats for focusing on identity politics.

“The longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em,” he said.” I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

Kuttner said he was puzzled by the fact that Bannon would call an editor at a progressive magazine and “assume that a possible convergence of views on China trade might somehow paper over the political and moral chasm on white nationalism.”

“The question of whether the phone call was on or off the record never came up,” he said. “This is also puzzling, since Steve Bannon is not exactly Bambi when it comes to dealing with the press. He’s probably the most media-savvy person in America.”

I don't even know what to say about this. Wow.

• Upvote 8

42 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Good grief: "Steve Bannon says rivals ‘wetting themselves,’ calls supremacists ‘clowns,’ contradicts Trump on N. Korea"

Hide contents

Stephen K. Bannon, the White House chief strategist, seemed to take issue with President Trump on North Korea, attacked white supremacists as “clowns” and “losers” and described his efforts against administration rivals in an unusual interview Wednesday with The American Prospect, a progressive magazine.

The interview with magazine co-editor and columnist Robert Kuttner was initiated by Bannon, Kuttner said, in an Anthony Scaramucci-style phone call out of the blue in response to a column Kuttner had written on China.

“Bannon was in high spirits when he phoned me Tuesday afternoon to discuss the politics of taking a harder line with China, and minced no words describing his efforts to neutralize rivals at the Departments of Defense, State and Treasury,” wrote Kuttner.

“‘They’re wetting themselves,’ he said, proceeding to detail how he would oust some of his opponents at State and Defense.”

On North Korea, Bannon said: “‘Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.’”

That comment seemed at odds with Trump’s “fire and fury” threats to use military force against North Korea.

On China, Bannon told Kuttner that the United States was at “economic war” and warned that “one of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path,” according to the article.

Bannon was also asked by Kuttner to comment on the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville last weekend and President’ Trump’s reluctance to condemn the participants.

“Ethno-nationalism — it’s losers. It’s a fringe element,” Bannon told the magazine. “I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, eh, help crush it more.”

The remarks were startling coming from Bannon, who spent more than four years running the far-right website Breitbart News before he was tapped to join Trump’s campaign.

Bannon, the site’s former executive chair, has called the Breitbart “a platform of the alt-right.”

The alt-right, by some definitions, is a small, deeply conservative movement that seeks a whites-only state. It was his strategy to use the site to channel white supremacist support for Trump and provide a mouthpiece for his populist message during the 2016 election, a move that helped secure him a senior role in the administration.

In the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, which left a counterprotester dead and others injured, civil rights leaders have called on Trump to fire Bannon over his ties to the white nationalist community, as The Washington Post has reported.

Asked by reporters Tuesday if he still had confidence in his chief strategist, Trump deflected.

“He’s not a racist, I can tell you that,” Trump said. “But we’ll see what happens with Mr. Bannon.”

Kuttner wrote in Wednesday’s article that he was surprised when he got an email from one of Bannon’s assistants saying he wanted to arrange a meeting. The two ended up speaking by phone on Tuesday afternoon, according to the article.

When the conversation turned to race and the events in Charlottesville, Bannon dodged questions about his role in cultivating the alt-right, according to the article. He also faulted Democrats for focusing on identity politics.

“The longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em,” he said.” I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

Kuttner said he was puzzled by the fact that Bannon would call an editor at a progressive magazine and “assume that a possible convergence of views on China trade might somehow paper over the political and moral chasm on white nationalism.”

“The question of whether the phone call was on or off the record never came up,” he said. “This is also puzzling, since Steve Bannon is not exactly Bambi when it comes to dealing with the press. He’s probably the most media-savvy person in America.”

Hhm, maybe whatever is eating his face is also munching on his brain?

• Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know! This was just mind-blowing. He says the most coherent thing we're heard so far on NK and then admits, admits that they are just using supremacists for political reasons but think their clowns! I don't know if I want him to speak more or not.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Amazing.  We know Trump, Bannon & Co., are masters of distraction, but this explains a lot about their long-term tactics.  Despicable.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Amazing.  We know Trump, Bannon & Co., are masters of distraction, but this explains a lot about their long-term tactics.  Despicable.

Ah, here it is, "identity politics"! It's the new battering phrase for them. The mindless guppies are using it and have no idea what it means. It's the very thing Trump's team is using to kidnap the minds of his base and they stupidly try to attach it to the left. I should have know Bannon was the one who threw it out there.

• Upvote 5

Jennifer Rubin's take on Bannon: "Bannon is giving Trump’s Cabinet every reason to quit"

Spoiler

Those White House advisers and Cabinet officials who were “frustrated” or “unhappy” Wednesday but not ready to quit have every reason to do so now. Stephen K. Bannon’s unhinged, embarrassing and disloyal (the worst sin in this White House) interview with the American Prospect — Anthony Scaramucci’s New Yorker rant minus the obscenity — gives them every reason to resign. In fact, absent his firing or resignation, they must resign.

The Post reports:

Stephen K. Bannon, the White House chief strategist, seemed to take issue with President Trump on North Korea, attacked white supremacists as “clowns” and “losers” and described his efforts against administration rivals in an unusual interview Wednesday with The American Prospect, a progressive magazine.

The interview with magazine co-editor and columnist Robert Kuttner was initiated by Bannon, Kuttner said, in an Anthony Scaramucci-style phone call out of the blue in response to a column Kuttner had written on China. . . .

He also threw in a dig at those he’s been publicly courting. (“Ethno-nationalism — it’s losers. It’s a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, eh, help crush it more. These guys are a collection of clowns.”) Hmm, it’s probably unwise for him to throw under the bus now the most devoted Trump followers.

Now Bannon is in spin control:

Bannon told DailyMail.com that his remarks ‘drew fire away from POTUS,’ meaning President Trump, and that he successfully ‘changed the [media] narrative’ with a single phone call.

It’s unclear if there has been any blowback in the West Wing from Bannon’s unexpected on-the-record remarks to the magazine, which came in an unsolicited phone call on Wednesday.

Even for this White House, it’s a pathetic excuse, disproved by Trump’s effort to double down on his Confederate statue infatuation with a series of tweets bemoaning the movement to take them down.

For White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, this is one more demonstration of his complete failure to normalize the White House, end backbiting, keep the team on the same page and end dysfunction. Between Trump’s own conduct and his toleration of the destructive Bannon, things are worse than ever. Kelly has been made to look impotent, and his Cabinet members are now unable to operate without being publicly attacked by Bannon and his poodle, Sebastian Gorka.

Whether the “base is still with him” or not, those in positions of authority in Trump’s administration can no longer pretend they are doing good. If they stay, they’ve permanently empowered Bannon and enabled Trump to continue his political death spiral. Other than Defense Secretary Jim Mattis (who must have approved the anti-racist statements put out by the military service chiefs), who literally is there to prevent nuclear war, the rest of them should go. In unison, they may make an impression and finally galvanize Republicans to abandon the president.

She's right.

• Upvote 5

So Bannon is a Tridentine Catholic - exactly the ones Pope Francis allowed strong criticism of recently ,for their political stance.. He's alt right even in his religious practice!

Edited by sawasdee
  • Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Bannon told DailyMail.com that his remarks ‘drew fire away from POTUS,’ meaning President Trump, and that he successfully ‘changed the [media] narrative’ with a single phone call.

Uh, not really, Steve. You just pulled your Clown Car out of the Clown Car garage and drove it around the center ring a few times. Even you can't put out the dumpster fire now.

And Gorka as his poodle, that made me laugh!

• Upvote 6

@JMarie, I just came here to post that!

Stephen Bannon out as White House chief strategist, say two people familiar with the decision

President Trump had been under pressure to dispatch with the former Breitbart News executive, whom many officials view as a political svengali but who has drawn scorn as a leading internal force encouraging and amplifying the president’s most controversial nationalist impulses.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

• Upvote 4

More info (well, a little more) from Reuters.

Trump fires adviser Bannon: source

President Donald Trump has fired his chief strategist Steve Bannon, a person familiar with the decision told Reuters on Friday.

A source close to Bannon said he was not expected to resign on his own. "Bannon is going to make them fire him," the source said. "He's not going to officially resign. He’s still been doing the work. He’s been working on projects."

The New York Times, however, cited a person close to Bannon as saying he had submitted his resignation on Aug. 7 and that it was to be announced this week, but had been delayed by the fallout from a rally by white nationalists in Virginia over the weekend.

Bannon damaged his standing by giving an interview to the liberal American Prospect this week in which he was seen to be undercutting Trump's position on North Korea.

Bannon told associates he thought he was talking to an academic and thought he was off the record.

He has told friends he could go back to the right-wing Breitbart News outlet if he were to leave the White House.

Going back to Breitbart eh? I wonder if he holds any rancor at being fired, and what that might mean for Breitbart's coverage of the presidunce. And more specifically, I wonder how that will influence the rabid base. :think:

• Upvote 9

Is this Kelly cleaning house? Bannon's interview earlier this week certainly gave a lot of reasons to sack him.

At least , one of the most toxic WH occupants has gone - now if we could only get rid of the big one....let's pray that Bannon is butthurt enough that Breitbart gets a little less loyal. That might start weaning some of the base away.

• Upvote 9

I'm sorry, all I keep humming is:

• Upvote 12

What is the propensity for doing something like this on Friday so it will be talked about all weekend?

I wouldn't want Bannon as an enemy.  He knows where the skeletons are buried and his has a built in platform to take the base with him when he goes.

• Upvote 11

Fuck face has finally gotten rid of Steve Bannon

President Donald Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon has been fired, two White House officials told CNN Friday.

A source told CNN that Bannon was given the option to resign but was forced out. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed Bannon's departure but did not say whether he was fired or resigned.

"White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Steve Bannon have mutually agreed today would be Steve's last day. We are grateful for his service and wish him the best," Sanders said in a statement.

The President has privately stewed over Bannon in recent days, including Thursday night from his golf course in New Jersey. He was furious with his chief strategist after he was quoted in an interview with the American Prospect contradicting him on North Korea and asserting that he was able to make personnel changes at the State Department.

• Upvote 9

Whoa, Nelly!  Did Bannon annoy the Mercers?  Adios, Motherf**ker.  Schaden-fucking-freude eleventy.  Don't let the door slam you in the ass on the way out, Steve.  

Stephen Miller needs to go next and it can't be too soon.  Without Bannon, he may have few fans besides the Strumpet in Chief,  and with John Kelly as the gatekeeper, Stephen may not be able to whisper sweet nothings in a little orange ear.   Can you even imagine how much a little dipshit 30-something with that much power must annoy John Kelly?  Starting the countdown. 

This is all just so insanely tasty. 

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

Stephen Miller needs to go next and it can't be too soon.

Don't forget Sebastian Gorka. He needs to go, sooner, rather than, later.

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Don't forget Sebastian Gorka. He needs to go, sooner, rather than, later.

Yup, that pompous ass Gorka should go before Miller.  Maybe they can duet their way into oblivion. 

• Upvote 5

So Bannon is finally out of the WH.  But it's still racist AF.

• Upvote 6