IGNORED

Shannon: another adoption crazy.

LilMissMetaphor

okay I managed to read through a few more older posts on her blog. It looks like when he was still living with them they hired a Ukrainian lawyer to get the adoption overturned in Ukraine so he could get citizenship there back. According to her he "voluntarily" wrote letters to the court asking to be allowed to go back. The court there supposedly overturned the adoption and gave him back his citizenship. She says it's because the court agreed with her about the fraud but maybe the court just wanted to let the kid come back because it's what he wanted. 

While this was going on he ended up being removed from her house and is living somewhere else I think. I am not clear on what exactly happened. After being removed from her house he didn't want to go back and now wants to stay here. She thinks that is fraud because he changed his mind and she is trying to get him deported. I can easily see why he wanted to leave her house and why the US system is letting him stay. The more I read on her blog the more I think she is crazy. So many of her posts are just long rants.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, heidi said:

Is it possible that she "rehomed" Z?

From what I could gather he's in DHS custody. Maybe a group home situation? That part I couldn't tell. 

18 hours ago, Jess said:

okay I managed to read through a few more older posts on her blog. It looks like when he was still living with them they hired a Ukrainian lawyer to get the adoption overturned in Ukraine so he could get citizenship there back. According to her he "voluntarily" wrote letters to the court asking to be allowed to go back. The court there supposedly overturned the adoption and gave him back his citizenship. She says it's because the court agreed with her about the fraud but maybe the court just wanted to let the kid come back because it's what he wanted. 

While this was going on he ended up being removed from her house and is living somewhere else I think. I am not clear on what exactly happened. After being removed from her house he didn't want to go back and now wants to stay here. She thinks that is fraud because he changed his mind and she is trying to get him deported. I can easily see why he wanted to leave her house and why the US system is letting him stay. The more I read on her blog the more I think she is crazy. So many of her posts are just long rants.

He probably never lost Ukrainian citizenship, according to https://travel.state.gov/content/adoptionsabroad/en/country-information/learn-about-a-country/ukraine.html

Under Ukrainian law, an adopted child remains a citizen until he/she turns 18 years old. At that time, he/she can decide whether or not to remain a Ukrainian citizen.

Anyway poking around the web the stories of revoked adoptions are pretty rare and all related to abuses intervened in the adoption process.  I find her story hardly credible. 

On 2/13/2017 at 8:24 AM, laPapessaGiovanna said:

He probably never lost Ukrainian citizenship, according to https://travel.state.gov/content/adoptionsabroad/en/country-information/learn-about-a-country/ukraine.html

Anyway poking around the web the stories of revoked adoptions are pretty rare and all related to abuses intervened in the adoption process.  I find her story hardly credible. 

I don't know if she wants sympathy for what she supposedly went through, but god. How can you be so gleeful over this situation? this makes me nothing but sad. 

She's wiped her blog except for the first "About me" entry. Here's hoping it's because she realized she was being completely inappropriate and not just because she got her feelings hurt and is running off to pout about the meanies.

Archived