IGNORED

Big Sandy Family Conference April 2017

Palimpsest

Have the Alert troops ever actually gone out and helped someone?  That's not snark, it's actual curiosity.  If so, was their help useful?  I remember the Duggars once showed up at a town that had been hit by a tornado and all they did was get in the way.

They may have been worse than Steven Seagal when he showed up after Hurricane Katrina to make it all about himself.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/6985793.html    Sorry, couldn't get the link to embed.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Flossie said:

Have the Alert troops ever actually gone out and helped someone?  That's not snark, it's actual curiosity.  If so, was their help useful?

IIRC, they have gone to help.  As far as it being useful...who knows.  I'm sure they try to channel Jesus with fervor, and encourage the victims that said channeling will work and please join in.  I doubt they'd know what to do if they encountered a woman needing help who wasn't fully dressed.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

I've been wondering if they showed up to help.  Can't imagine the magnitude of the cleanup required. 

What would really happen (satirically): ATI guys arrive in polo shirts, khaki pants and perfectly sprayed hair. They take loads of photos helping people.

Then once the photoshoot is over, they bring in a busload of girls in long khaki skirts to do the actual cleanup. No photos are taken.

• 5 months later...
On 5/6/2017 at 2:54 PM, Bretta said:

What would really happen (satirically): ATI guys arrive in polo shirts, khaki pants and perfectly sprayed hair. They take loads of photos helping people.

Then once the photoshoot is over, they bring in a busload of girls in long khaki skirts to do the actual cleanup. No photos are taken.

From the ALERT website:

Yesterday we sent a team of 15 with Samaritans Purse to begin recovery efforts in the Victoria, TX, area, west of Houston. Presently there is no power, limited fuel, and minimal places to buy food but we are trusting God to send along co-laborers in the area to help support us in those area. We will also be taking supplies not only for ourselves but to help workers who are ministering to others.

The question has often come up “What can we do to help?” Let me make several suggestions:

Pray earnestly for all these victims. Especially pray that this would be a time when they cry out to God not only for provision but for salvation.

If you would like to make a donation specifically for disaster and deployment work you can designate it and it will be earmarked for such. It is very likely we will be making a number of trips to southeast Texas in the months ahead to help with recovery. Your gifts will cover all transportation and related costs for such deployments. Any gifts not designated would go to our general fund.

Consider a gift to Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Relief.  We have been networking with them for a number of years and they have blessed us greatly by providing housing, meals, equipment and work orders, making the logistical end of our deployments run seamlessly."

So the answer is they show up with supplies for themselves and "minister," and if you want to help, pray for people and send ALERT money. About what you'd expect

Archived