IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

On 2/1/2017 at 8:28 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Hand clapping at the moment! This is what I've been thinking for a while. Oh, and you forgot to mention Jeremy is "older". I mean an actual man and not a man because 18 is considered a man.

You're right I forgot he was older, better established, and has his own $$ and appears to have a solid mind rather than have been "groomed" by a cult to follow his father in law. I have to say too Jeremy's father seems very sweet. And some may disagree about their religious beliefs but they seem to be genuine people, actually living up to what they preach.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy sought out a Duggar girl who is uneducated, sheltered and not allowed to go to the grocery store without an accountability buddy. She cannot have a discussion about anything other than the Bible and babies. There is something wrong with a college educated man that finds that attractive. He was not looking for an equal. He didn't choose someone like his mom or sister. He chose someone who was raised to be subservient to her man. He knew he would have ultimate control over Jinger and she would meekly accept. I have no doubt the Duggar lifestyle and the fame it could bring him was attractive. No doubt it brings attention to his church no his future ministry prospects. He isn't going to save her and help her be more independed and educat d like him. He likely wants her to stay the way she is. A real man wouldn't marry her, he would help her reach her full potential without marrying her so she could make a truly informed decision as to how only she would like her life to proceed. I see nothing positive about Jeremy. 

I am wondering if these folks need their own thread in WWOS. I'd hate to cut into The Duggars' spotlight.

.... although anything to piss jessa off in not devoting every minute to her baby watch -- double win! 

(Jk - I bow to your discretion. )

Dog knows I don't want the wrath of Jessa....

I opened the thread in WWOS.

The show description just says that they find out the sex gender. I imagine we will still be kept in the dark until she whelps and maybe not even then. Jessa Blessa loves her some drama. 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

until she whelps

Oh dear... one needs a warning for a beaut like that one.  Almost ruined my screen.

:my_biggrin:

15 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Whoever filmed Josie's blowout, needs a camera shoved up his ass. That was simply uncalled. She was just a little kid.

my bold

13 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Scott Enlow was joking about that, basically saying that if Josie came up to him at 16, embarrassed at that footage, he'd tell her, "But why wouldn't I? It's good TV!" He is such a gross human being sometimes.

(Specifically regarding the bolded part.) Well, when he hits his 50th birthday, his doctor will likely recommend a colonoscopy...

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

The show description just says that they find out the sex gender. I imagine we will still be kept in the dark until she whelps and maybe not even then. Jessa Blessa loves her some drama. 

And then another announcement will follow because announcements in Duggarville come in pairs...

I looked at some screenshots from the last episode. Jeremy does not seem thrilled with Jessa being a pushypants in his apartment. 

us.com has a video of the sisters and some woman making earings and discussing what their kisses were like 

jill says they wanted to dip at the alter

while Jessa was like they didn't want to make a mistake 

then she says Jeremy is traditional and wants it on stage - ie - he doesn't want to hide 

On 2/4/2017 at 2:08 PM, Cheetah said:

It's totally a thing, even among more liberal churches.  To the point that people who are in charge of hiring processes for their regions have to explicitly talk to call committees about diversity and looking outside the box and that sort of thing.  I was the head of the call committee at our church about 6 years ago (ELCA) and my dad was a Presbyterian minister.  The more liberal version of this is cool with a woman pastor, and even a gay pastor, as long as they have younger kids, because families looking for a church want one that already has some kids in the congregation, and a pastor with kids will get to know families in the area who don't belong to a church yet and talk them into coming to yours.  

Just catching up after the weekend.

This makes me glad I'm a United Methodist. Pastors are appointed by the Bishop. The staff parish relations committee meets with them prior to their official appointment, but it's really rare for the committee or the appointee to say things won't be a good fit. Pastors typically move every 3-5 years at the end if June to start their new appointments on July 1. It's sad if you have a great pastor to lose him/her, but it's nice to lose one gracefully who isn't working out. I also thinks it makes churches stronger, to get new viewpoints more frequently and to make parishioners step up and take some responsibility for their church, instead of having a pastor centered church.

1 hour ago, nst said:

us.com has a video of the sisters and some woman making earings and discussing what their kisses were like 

then she says Jeremy is traditional and wants it on stage - ie - he doesn't want to hide 

Jill-likes attention 

Jessa-perfectionist 

Jinger-people pleaser

3 hours ago, nst said:

I have never been married but is the kiss at the alter really a concern for anyone else? I would be more worried about tripping over my dress while walking down the aisle.  I get that it was their first kiss ever but it seems like they think it would be everyone's big worry at a wedding. To me it seems like the easiest part of the ceremony because the hard stuff is over. It's like bringing your test up to your teacher after you have finished it. 

Just now, socalrules said:

It's like bringing your test up to your teacher after you have finished it. 

Oh, believe me honey, you can screw that up too. I did it today :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I wonder if the gender reveal isn't the scavenger hunt with Derrick and Jill.

Jill isn't even pregnant in episode time. The show is only around Labor Day. Jill would have had to gotten knocked up in October for a July baby. So, no. 

It's Ben and Jessa at the botique ultrasound place, having the sex of the baby written down for them to find out at home. There is no way that they could predict 20 weeks ago when the baby would be born vs. when this episode would air, except that the producers figured it would be sometime during Sweeps. But even then, they don't set the schedule, the network does. No way Benessa reveal to the audience; they claim that NO ONE knew except themselves. 

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jill isn't even pregnant in episode time. The show is only around Labor Day. Jill would have had to gotten knocked up in October for a July baby. So, no. 

It's Ben and Jessa at the botique ultrasound place, having the sex of the baby written down for them to find out at home. There is no way that they could predict 20 weeks ago when the baby would be born vs. when this episode would air, except that the producers figured it would be sometime during Sweeps. But even then, they don't set the schedule, the network does. No way Benessa reveal to the audience; they claim that NO ONE knew except themselves. 

you don't see TLC producers pour over a calendar to milk everything this is worth to them.  I see it

But they can't predict if Jessa would still be cooking the baby on this date. She's exactly 4 days late like last time, but that can't be predicted. She could have gone two weeks over like Jill, or even early and beans would have already been spilled before the episode description even came out. That's why I don't think they won't reveal gender to the public on this episode. Remember, Smuganna did the secret gender reveal. They gave the envelope to Mr. Jim, who gave it to that pastor, who announced it to a congregation of strangers. 

People also do the envelope thing if they're doing a gender reveal and THEY want to be surprised. You know, give the envelope to a baker, or a party shop where they fill a box with blue or pink balloons. 

26 minutes ago, marmalade said:

But they can't predict if Jessa would still be cooking the baby on this date. She's exactly 4 days late like last time, but that can't be predicted. She could have gone two weeks over like Jill, or even early and beans would have already been spilled before the episode description even came out. That's why I don't think they won't reveal gender to the public on this episode. Remember, Smuganna did the secret gender reveal. They gave the envelope to Mr. Jim, who gave it to that pastor, who announced it to a congregation of strangers. 

People also do the envelope thing if they're doing a gender reveal and THEY want to be surprised. You know, give the envelope to a baker, or a party shop where they fill a box with blue or pink balloons. 

They could also wait until the baby is born, like we had to. That's a real surprise.

32 minutes ago, klegg said:

I keep seeing mention of "Pickles" and a blog - who is this and will someone please direct me?

Go to Facebook and search for "pickles and hairspray" -- I think the official name of the account is: "Duggar Family--Life isn't all pickles and hairspray"

Apparently the account holder (AKA Pickles) can be a jerk, but who among us can't? I get a kick out of her (his?) episode recaps and the general snarkiness of the contributors. 

ETA: I don't know about no steenkeeng blog.  I'm sure some one else does though. 

4 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Go to Facebook and search for "pickles and hairspray" -- I think the official name of the account is: "Duggar Family--Life isn't all pickles and hairspray"

Apparently the account holder (AKA Pickles) can be a jerk, but who among us can't? I get a kick out of her (his?) episode recaps and the general snarkiness of the contributors. 

ETA: I don't know about no steenkeeng blog.  I'm sure some one else does though. 

The Seewald blog. 

http://www.theseewaldfamily.com/2017/2/baby-seewald-is-finally-here

36 minutes ago, klegg said:

I keep seeing mention of "Pickles" and a blog - who is this and will someone please direct me?

You can also go the the thread on her here:

It seems like she had an account here too but was banned for using a sock.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived