IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

On 1/25/2017 at 9:32 PM, Carm_88 said:

It has about the same rates of being right as putting a wedding ring over the pregnant woman's belly and seeing if it swings back and forth or in a circle. Rarely right but when it is "See I knew it!" 

A colleague did that to me and another pregnant girl and told us the amount of kids and their sexes we were going to have. It was with a pencil, I can't remember what exactly she did. It's total bullshit, but she ended up being right (so far) so now I'm annoyed she's probably going to chalk it up as "proof"

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Personally, I find it beyond rude to make your wedding guests pay for their meal at your reception. Just plain rude.

Yes!  If you can't afford to do it then don't do it. 

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Ive been invited to a few of those.   Passed up on all except my husband's son.    We were asked to bring 100 pieces of fried chicken.   UGH.   (Husband didn't want to go but I told him he really needed to. )

I can (almost) see asking immediate family if you want a nice reception and your family/area is accustomed to that sort of thing.   But for all the guests?  No.   Tacky/

OH!  But we're talking Duggars here - so carry on  with the tacky

I live in a very rural area. Potluck wedding is unheard of here. Many still do cake and punch for the wedding. People will pitch in but if they do you understand that's their wedding gift. You don't ask for it either you ask expecting to pay for it. 

On 1/27/2017 at 4:33 PM, TuringMachine said:

I watched about half the episode at my neighbors house last night. I got pretty pissed when Jill was talking about planning a wedding on a "shoestring budget." Stop. Just stop. The "every thing has to be on a tight budget" worked when you lived in a tiny 3 bedroom house. You people are millionaires. You've have had a well paying tv gig for years, multiple magazine spreads, have a television company footing at least part of the weeding bill, own multiple houses, all your kids have iphones and other expensive gadgets, and you're constantly scamming your fans for money. Not to mention the only charity I've seen them do in years is to hand candy, bags, and pictures of themselves out to people in sintral america.

You know what, since they seem to love Jewish stuff so much maybe they should learn about the concept of tzedakah.

What a bunch of entitled, greedy assholes.

I heard that as she Jill sat in a mcmansion and Jinger is having a custom made dress and being wed in front of a flower wall with two international honeymoons under their belts. Not mention that the dresses are being altered in 3 months, which in the real world that is extra money unless someone can do it for free. Finally, they invite nearly 2,000 people. No, that is not a shoestring budget.

I went down the ALERT rabbit hole a while ago. I believe the way it works with the Duggar household is each boy goes when he graduates Homefooling for 6 months. If the boy is not the perfect image of a fundie male they will have to spend more time. Josiah was kept for the longest and had one of the worst jobs as a camp cook.  

Allert is a fake military organization. They claim they do search and rescue/humanitarian work all other the world, I have no idea what shade of truth they are telling.  The things that stood out the most to me is the out right torture they put the kids through paired with rigorous bible study.  Things like sleep depravation, food deprivation, extreme exercise, and using peoples fear of heights against them and then making them pray, or share testimonies while emotionally vulnerable.  The boys have to keep deeply personal journals that are shared with the camp directors and the parents. NOTHING is confidential.  The ‘Teachers pets’ come ‘officers’ of sorts and become glorified camp coursers overseeing the nightmare. The ‘bad’ kids are made to do the womenz work and feed the several hundred kids three times a day.

I shudder thinking of how I would fair there. I can be extremely independent and defiant, but this is a place built to break people.

1 minute ago, LovelyLuna said:

I went down the ALERT rabbit hole a while ago. I believe the way it works with the Duggar household is each boy goes when he graduates Homefooling for 6 months.

I think the only older Duggar boy who did not go to ALERT was Josh.  At the relevant time he was renovating an IBLP building as punishment and then narrating the first special. Also, if you look at the application for ALERT, Josh would not have been accepted because of his molestation.  They seem to have cut back on much of their more paramilitary training opportunities (flying lessons)  lately for the higher levels.  Perhaps overall attendance is down drastically - I hope so.

ALERT claims to do humanitarian work.  They send teams to do clean-up after tornadoes and such. If you look at the photos, it looks more like fake boy scouts doing good deeds with a bit of proselytizing in the side to me.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

ALERT claims to do humanitarian work.  They send teams to do clean-up after tornadoes and such. If you look at the photos, it looks more like fake boy scouts doing good deeds with a bit of proselytizing in the side to me.

That's just what you need after a tornado or disaster; a bunch of fundie boys proselytizing to you. "We can't really help you but have you heard of Jesus?" 

Boy scouts are probably better to have around than ALERT graduates. The ALERT cadet program tries to look like Scouts. It fails.

22 hours ago, goldengrove said:

some celebrity served hot dogs at her wedding reception several years ago, I thought this was great...Julia Roberts perhaps?

I just went to my cousin's black tie wedding.  Not "black tie optional."--actual black tie.  Apparently the trend for fancy weddings now is to serve food that is "shockingly informal," so the main course was fancy hamburgers.  (I keep kosher, so I had salmon that was what I expect of wedding food.)  Another the trend is to serve some sort of snack food at midnight, so they gave out personal Lou Malnati's pizzas.  My husband and I saved ours for breakfast the next morning.

Hello, snarkettes-- 

Just popping in to say hello. And to express hope that none of you caught the stomach flu from me Tuesday evening after the whole popcorn fiasco.  ... what I thought were the "burnt smell queasies" ended up being the norovirus. Not fun.  Not fun at all, I tell ya.

I finished making peach jello for myself on the road to recovery. (Having a Midwest mama, they believe jello cures everything. We'll see.)

But had to share this exciting news:

DD is taking me to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway at the end of February.  Fourth row orchestra seats!! (Not trying to brag ... just SO excited and can't share on Facebook.)  

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That's just what you need after a tornado or disaster; a bunch of fundie boys proselytizing to you. "We can't really help you but have you heard of Jesus?" 

Or "We'd save your life, we know how, but we're not allowed to touch women."

50 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hello, snarkettes-- 

Just popping in to say hello. And to express hope that none of you caught the stomach flu from me Tuesday evening after the whole popcorn fiasco.  ... what I thought were the "burnt smell queasies" ended up being the norovirus. Not fun.  Not fun at all, I tell ya.

I finished making peach jello for myself on the road to recovery. (Having a Midwest mama, they believe jello cures everything. We'll see.)

But had to share this exciting news:

DD is taking me to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway at the end of February.  Fourth row orchestra seats!! (Not trying to brag ... just SO excited and can't share on Facebook.)  

So sorry you got the flu from your ugly wallpaper :D

Can you share the peach jello for Monday's episode because I have a feeling we will need it 

and can I spike it for my exam on Wednesday and for Jessa's birth to be 

David Duchovny is taking you to see Phantom of the Opera sounds like fun !! 

I hope your wallpaper smells better

I will be totally on Thursday awaiting the birth - so far 8 cm dilated which means

COUNTDOWN  

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

i love your new avatar 

and who is with me - countdown somehow 

tell us your giving birth stories 

I dare you 

and yes - it's that time before birth so crazy here we come 

Oh, @nst -- a thousand up votes + belly laughs for you!!!

Said cappuccino-colored walls (sans wallpaper) appeared to have flame-cinder patterns in Tuesday morning's light. 'Twould have been a great teaching tool for would-be arson investigators.

Yup, I'll share.  I didn't burn the jello, thank the baby Jesus. 

It isn't spiked or in shots, but I'll share recipe for FJ viewing pleasure. Be sure to include spiked version in FJ Cooks file.

Sure, it's David Duchovny!  In drag. Dressed like my gorgeous daughter!  Either way-- he/she pays, I win.

And 8cm dilated??????? I'm now walking gingerly on your behalf. Eeek.

Just now, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Oh, @nst -- a thousand up votes + belly laughs for you!!!

Said cappuccino-colored walls (sans wallpaper) appeared to have flame-cinder patterns in Tuesday morning's light. 'Twould have been a great teaching tool for would-be arson investigators.

Yup, I'll share.  I didn't burn the jello, thank the baby Jesus. 

It isn't spiked or in shots, but I'll share recipe for FJ viewing pleasure. Be sure to include spiked version in FJ Cooks file.

Sure, it's David Duchovny!  In drag. Dressed like my gorgeous daughter!  Either way-- he/she pays, I win.

And 8cm dilated??????? I'm now walking gingerly on your behalf. Eeek.

you know what that means 

RENOVATION before Jessa gives birth - Off to Ikea I go for you :D

the 8 cm and hiccups be damned 

Share the recipe for inducing non hiccups  

Oh my flippin gosh -----

Dear hubby just went a-rooting around in the fridge. And knocked over the un-set, still-liquidy jello. The.whole.bowl.

Now I have to go wash down the fridge. And floor. And whatever.... I'm gonna kill him!!!!!!!!:annoyed::argumentative::dislike:

Oh my flippin gosh -----

Dear hubby just went a-rooting around in the fridge. And knocked over the un-set, still-liquidy jello. The.whole.bowl.

Now I have to go wash down the fridge. And floor. And whatever.... I'm gonna kill him!!!!!!!!:annoyed::argumentative::dislike:

fresh batch of Lemonade Jello with a touch of wasabi

and make him some pot brownies

babies love those ? yes and the hiccups are drowning the baby 

and give hubby our love 

I've no idea on the anti hiccups.  Still waiting on that magical idea - through two pregnancies. DD had them every night at 10 pm. Which continued after birth.

Guess I'll go play with my essential oils and let you know.... sticky feet, fingers, and all ...

... (shouldn't have announced murderous plans on FJ -- now it's premeditated) ....

I've no idea on the anti hiccups.  Still waiting on that magical idea - through two pregnancies. DD had them every night at 10 pm. Which continued after birth.

Guess I'll go play with my essential oils and let you know.... sticky feet, fingers, and all ...

how about belching - think Ben minds the belching 

10pm Mary tyler moore is on - maybe she felt connected 

must watch ordinary people 

off to eat some green colored pistachios 

6 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

... (shouldn't have announced murderous plans on FJ -- now it's premeditated) ....

We won't tell :kitty-wink:

@ChickenettiLuvr, I swore Bigfoot would be born having hiccups!  Every single time I drank something cold from 7 mths on, he got hiccups.  He was born in late October so whole summer of hotter than hell=lots of cold drinks. I wonder if it was because the cold drink was landing on his head?

A plausible theory, @DaniLouisiana.

I remember all through growing up, I had the hiccups almost every Saturday. No clue why, unless the congenital hiatal hernia had a seven-day alarm ...

I still get them. Some sodas set them off (7up, Dr. Pepper). I also get them when fighting back nausea  (like car sickness). When DH hears hiccups in the car, he knows to hand me a barf bag.

.... Jello Cleanup Update:  less than 1 cup was salvageable. The dog will be licking her sticky paws for days ... DH can hot-water mop the floor tomorrow. I'm done. 

======

I'll let other snarkettes share their birth stories with @nst, per her request.

I've learned from experience not to share my two tales of horror. They're enough to scare a fundie.

58 minutes ago, nst said:

fresh batch of Lemonade Jello with a touch of wasabi

and make him some pot brownies

No, no, not pot brownies. That is too kind. Brownies with Ex-Lax in them is the way to go. Tell hubby they're chocolate chips. Enough of them and he'll get to feel somewhat what it was like to have the norovirus.  Then he will understand why he shouldn't have done anything to mess with the jello!!

1 hour ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Oh my flippin gosh -----

I think you need to start a blog about kitchen disasters.  You are cracking me up.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived