IGNORED

Who thinks another Duggar offspring will marry this season?

Guest LilaFowler

Jim Bob and Michelle had a "reason" to get married that young; her parents were moving out of state and JB did not want her to go with them and lose her. Had she moved to Ohio with her family their teenage relationship would not have lasted. She would have gotten a job or gone to college. So JB asked her dad if they could get married and he said yes. Michelle could not have stayed behind with JB and no ring on her finger. Also, Michelle was the youngest child in her family and did not have a dozen or so younger siblings to raise so she wasn't badly needed at home.

I'd never heard this story before but WOW! Hard to imagine how different Michelle would be if she'd gone with her parents. I wonder if her parents regert their decision to allow her to marry JB now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone marries this season I would put my money on JD because of all the Anna speculation that has been flying around. However, I don't really think any of them will. It seems as if the Europe trip is the main event OR it might just be to throw us off that something even bigger is happening. But still, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. All the older ones left at home have skills and talents that are useful to Boob and Jichelle. Josh was kind of useless so they lost nothing by marrying him off, but JD, Jana, and Jill are all incredibly big helps around the house and there is too much to be lost if they were to leave and cleave.

Do tell! Is this the 'A love that multiplies'? I'd love to know what their ideas are.

Yep.

1. He has to be a deeply committed Christian with a ministry mindset.

2. He has to love Jesus as much as I do.

3. He has to have a servant's heart and a desire to win others to Christ.

4. He needs to be emotionally and spiritually steady.

5. He needs to have common sense and constantly seek God's wisdom.

6. He needs to treat his Mom and sisters with respect.

7. He needs to be a diligent worker who is able to provide for his family (but all the girls agree that doesn't mean he has to be wealthy).

8. He needs to be willing to humble himself and admit his mistakes and shortcomings. Then he has to be willing to ask forgiveness and gain a clear conscience from those he has offended.

9. Even though inward character is most important, he has to be someone they are attracted to spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically.

10. He needs to have a learning spirit and be a man of good character like Dad.

Pg 261

There is also a list of things they DON'T want but this was already a pain to type out lol.

Really? This describes the couple that got married when Michelle was 17, the summer she graduated from high school? Jana is the same age Michelle was when Josh was born.

I am in no hurry for any of them to be married. But in my first post, I predicted JD would be married soon, and I think that is true. Not all of these boys are willing to wait until they are 30 for physical contact with females... and therefore, they'll be getting married soon.

THIS is why I also think JD will get married soon (and the rest of the boys will get married young)...fundies are still human and the boys don't want to wait.

For some reason, I think Jana is going to end up one of those really old (in fundie terms of course...30-ish) single fundie girls waiting around for a guy to drop out of the sky. I think Jill will be the first girl to marry.

Yep.

1. He has to be a deeply committed Christian with a ministry mindset.

2. He has to love Jesus as much as I do.

3. He has to have a servant's heart and a desire to win others to Christ.

4. He needs to be emotionally and spiritually steady.

5. He needs to have common sense and constantly seek God's wisdom.

6. He needs to treat his Mom and sisters with respect.

7. He needs to be a diligent worker who is able to provide for his family (but all the girls agree that doesn't mean he has to be wealthy).

8. He needs to be willing to humble himself and admit his mistakes and shortcomings. Then he has to be willing to ask forgiveness and gain a clear conscience from those he has offended.

9. Even though inward character is most important, he has to be someone they are attracted to spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically.

10. He needs to have a learning spirit and be a man of good character like Dad.

Pg 261

There is also a list of things they DON'T want but this was already a pain to type out lol.

This is hilarious because Josh doesn't meet half of these criteria. I guess it only applies to men who marry their daughters, and not their own sons. Or maybe Anna's dad has lower standards than JB does.

It would be pretty fucked up if the first two Duggar wives are named "Anna."

In that group--the boys could ALL marry girls named ANNA. Or "Hannah." Biblical names, while not mandatory, are extremely popular in QF/P families.

Jim Bob and Michelle had a "reason" to get married that young; her parents were moving out of state and JB did not want her to go with them and lose her. Had she moved to Ohio with her family their teenage relationship would not have lasted. She would have gotten a job or gone to college. So JB asked her dad if they could get married and he said yes. Michelle could not have stayed behind with JB and no ring on her finger. Also, Michelle was the youngest child in her family and did not have a dozen or so younger siblings to raise so she wasn't badly needed at home.

I think John will marry before the girls. JB would not lose John David's mechanical and handyman skills if he married since he would stay in the area. If Jana or Jill married, their mothering and homemaking efforts are gone. They'd have their own families to raise and might live elsewhere. A married son is not the large loss to the family that a married daughter would be.

I also think John will marry before the girls for the reasons you stated. I think Boob's plan is John to get married and continue running the towing business and helping Josh at the dealership and then Joseph will start working in the businesses too. Eventually having business for the sons will not work out.

It would be pretty fucked up if the first two Duggar wives are named "Anna."

I have an aunt named Sandra and she married a guy whose brother also is married to a Sandra. But my aunt goes by Sandy and the other one doesn't so there isn't really confusion. If John marries Anna H. or someone else, I predict there will be a rivalry between Josh's Anna and John's wife. Anna will have to compete with someone else for the admiration of Boob and Mullet.

It would be funny if John married a woman who won't put up with the nosiness of Mullet and J'Slaves. Mullet and J'Slaves would hate it if they couldn't be at the births of John and future wife's children. I would laugh if John got engaged and his wife to be refused to have the J'Slaves in the wedding party.

I think the Duggar show has at least two seasons left. This season will probably last three months and in a recent article Boob said another season will happen in January or February 2012. Ratings went down last season and I don't think the show will do well right now in the fall. The show will get trumped by other reality shows and new or returning scripted shows. I think some people will probably watch the encore airings at midnight eastern or during the weekends when TLC sometimes shows reruns from the past weeks. Maybe in one later episodes a courtship will be revealed or maybe it will happen in 2012.

All of that is what normal parents would consider reasons for their daughter NOT to be married at 17. Sounds like her parents didn't care too much about her future.

From what I've seen, I've not gotten the feeling that she comes from an outstanding family or anything.

I will admit that the Grand Finale episode might feature the wedding of one or more Duggar or Bates or ?? or more--or maybe (I hope--no matter what everyone says I'd rather be a Duggar than a Central American orphan with no future) they will adopt from El Salvador by special bill or whatever it would take there.

Another possibility would be Josh/Anna building a home and the next married Duggar would move into their 'rent' house. I imagine the new 'rent' house WILL be a Duggar home at some point.

Archived