IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

A juice fast regiment?  Regiment appears in the Bible several times, and always refers to a part of an army.  You think he might've caught that with all his missionary knowledge. 

Yet he thinks he should homeschool. Poor kids.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slickcat79 said:

That's an okay amount of food, particularly for the smaller ones, but only if they'll actually eat it all.

No, that is not an okay amount of food. It looks to be about 100-150 calories. Where's the grains? The protein? The fat? The calories? If there was a dinner roll and a piece of chicken, and some dressing on the salads it would be fine, but the children shouldn't be on a diet just because John is.

22 minutes ago, snickerz said:

No, that is not an okay amount of food. It looks to be about 100-150 calories. Where's the grains? The protein? The fat? The calories? If there was a dinner roll and a piece of chicken, and some dressing on the salads it would be fine, but the children shouldn't be on a diet just because John is.

If those were fried plantains, I'd be okay with forgoing the roll, but there should still be some protein.  It's absurd that John's growing children, in need of nutrients, have to go without because Preacher Papa, the great savior white Christian male, is a lazy fat ass* who can neither work nor abstain from unhealthy food.

*Generally against fat shaming, but given John's pure, unadulterated greed, I feel it's warranted.  This isn't a man who is even attempting to acclimate to his new home and foods, but instead complains until he gets his American beef jerky and other  snacks.  AND he's so damn greedy that he doesn't ever feel inclined to share his bounty with the locals.  I cannot effectively convey my disdain for one who travels abroad to a place with so little (where he actually could do something positive), yet flaunts his worldly goods and threatens those who disagree with him with hell...and calls that his "mission." I actually think it'd be helpful and good for John to develop a sense of shame.  

PS -- that quote I had reposted here has been deleted.  Someone else had added to it last night, but today it's all gone. Those queries were just too tough for poor ol' John.  

Okay, it is very hard to believe the claim that there is limited produce in Zambia when the photograph accompanying the claim is of big, beautiful salads for two adults and eleventy children that include bell peppers and cucumbers. 

27 minutes ago, snickerz said:

Eh, I'll go with "It might be an okay amount of food for the smaller ones" since they have what looks like plantain and tofu and those would be maybe 200 calories alone. Tomatoes add another 100 calories or so. And I can't tell if there is or isn't dressing on the salad, but that would add some more calories and fat. Overall, potentially 300-400 calories, which is basically adequate for 1 meal for a child under 12. 

Also, I would never assume the children were "on a diet" because John is. I would assume they get a barely adequate amount of food because John is a selfish douchebag who would rather spend money on himself.

A bit off topic, but I completely believe that John would indirectly put his kids on a diet in his misguided attempt to change his lifestyle. I say this because growing up, my mother did the exact same thing to me. However, to make it worse, she would feel guilty and buy us candy bars and junk at the store. The result? We got deprived of nutrition (this was back in the day when skim milk and low-fat everything were considered healthy) AND we got tons of sugar and empty, junk calories. It set us both up for serious nutrition-related issues and unhealthy eating in adulthood. I ate full-fat yogurt for the first time about six months ago and it was a revelation.  A six-year old cannot get adequate nutrients from Weight Watcher meals and Reese's peanut butter cups. 

I love my mother, and I recognize that my father did a serious number on her body image (and mine as well, indirectly). That said, I still suffer the repercussions of living in a household with a person who was constantly dieting being in charge of shopping and preparing the meals. 

My kids eat plenty and that looks like a reasonable meal to me. My younger kids tend not to eat huge amounts at once, so that would be meal 1 out of 5 or more in the day. Salad is on the favorite meals list at my house (my pickiest eater still loves all types of veggies and asks for her own head of lettuce for snacks). It even looks like the toppings are customized to what they each prefer.

If they had serious athletes at the table, or failure to thrive kids, maybe I'd be more concerned that they need to stuff additional calories in there. As it stands, though, my first thought was "that looks good."

John is a freaking mess, no doubt, but this photo isn't necessarily evidence of it. Evidence that veggies are available for his juicing nonsense - yes!

ETA: I just changed my dinner plans for tonight because I'm craving salad. First and probably only time I'm about to do something thanks to Shrader influence.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

A bit off topic, but I completely believe that John would indirectly put his kids on a diet in his misguided attempt to change his lifestyle. I say this because growing up, my mother did the exact same thing to me. However, to make it worse, she would feel guilty and buy us candy bars and junk at the store. The result? We got deprived of nutrition (this was back in the day when skim milk and low-fat everything were considered healthy) AND we got tons of sugar and empty, junk calories. It set us both up for serious nutrition-related issues and unhealthy eating in adulthood. I ate full-fat yogurt for the first time about six months ago and it was a revelation.  A six-year old cannot get adequate nutrients from Weight Watcher meals and Reese's peanut butter cups. 

I love my mother, and I recognize that my father did a serious number on her body image (and mine as well, indirectly). That said, I still suffer the repercussions of living in a household with a person who was constantly dieting being in charge of shopping and preparing the meals. 

I can totally relate, my mom in her 80's with Alzheimer's still is "on a diet" and binge eats. Full fat yogurt tastes like magic after eating the fat free stuff for years. Which incidentally the ff kind makes me gag.

This man is ridiculous. Tina Fey should make a movie loosely based on the Schraders.

John has planted two churches in nearly three years. His and Rodericks. Both tiny. He also disciplines folk that don't agree with him, folk who dare question him, folk who appear to think that his church should provide some sort of assistance to folk in need.

Any body who doesn't agree that the sun isn't shining out of John's large derrière 24 hours a day gets a telling off. 

(What is church discipline any way? He hasn't told us yet or have I missed that bit?)

Sadly this whole venture really is beginning to sound Posionwood bible-ish.

Thankfully Esther and children probably won't starve if the blessing barrels keep on arriving. No more babies though. PLEASE no. 

On 10 February 2017 at 2:39 AM, Grimalkin said:

I can totally relate, my mom in her 80's with Alzheimer's still is "on a diet" and binge eats. Full fat yogurt tastes like magic after eating the fat free stuff for years. Which incidentally the ff kind makes me gag.

This man is ridiculous. Tina Fey should make a movie loosely based on the Schraders.

Who would play John?  

54 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

John has planted two churches in nearly three years. His and Rodericks. Both tiny. He also disciplines folk that don't agree with him, folk who dare question him, folk who appear to think that his church should provide some sort of assistance to folk in need.

Any body who doesn't agree that the sun isn't shining out of John's large derrière 24 hours a day gets a telling off. 

(What is church discipline any way? He hasn't told us yet or have I missed that bit?)

Sadly this whole venture really is beginning to sound Posionwood bible-ish.

Thankfully Esther and children probably won't starve if the blessing barrels keep on arriving. No more babies though. PLEASE no. 

Who would play John?  

If she's not otherwise occupied at that point, I'm voting for Melissa McCarthy.

18 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

If she's not otherwise occupied at that point, I'm voting for Melissa McCarthy.

No way, John Shrader is the part that Jonah Hill was born to play. With Amy Schumer as Esther.

academy-award-nominee-jonah-hill.jpg

Ooh, touché. Well, one can do the feature, the other can do the cable mini. Everybody wins!

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

No way, John Shrader is the part that Jonah Hill was born to play. With Amy Schumer as Esther.

academy-award-nominee-jonah-hill.jpg

haha this works. Either this or Will Ferrell because he can be doing the most ridiculous things with a very serious and sincere face. Like fake African accents. Although, I started eatching Ricky Gervais' new David Brent movie and couldn't watch it because it was so cringy. Not his acting, his trying to convince people he is not racist while saying horribly racist things.

Amy Schumer would be hilarious.

I like how before talking about his "mission" he has to point out that there is a man wearing a pink belt but that's still Godly because pink is gender neutral in Africa. 

What the actual f...... 

John is 'working ' again. Printing stuff and driving into the bush.

Wait a week before the next 'please pray for my health, I'm back in bed' posts are up.

Im so done with him. 

I think the bed rest episodes are prompted by approaching the edge of self awareness and sensing only a deep abyss.  

And he is immediately back to pleading for prayer since Satan is attacking him. I really think reality is catching up to him and he just cannot deal with it. 

I'm pleading for your prayers for Power from God.

Please PRAY for (my) Self to be Surrendered.

Please PRAY for Satan to be Stopped.

Oh how I long for the unction and power from on High to saturate and dominate and illuminate and animate every thought, word, and deed done here in Sub-Saharan Africa.

I cannot...but GOD CAN!

:roll:

9 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

I like how before talking about his "mission" he has to point out that there is a man wearing a pink belt but that's still Godly because pink is gender neutral in Africa. 

What the actual f...... 

Let that man have the Disney princess cake topper for a belt buckle and we'll see John change his tune post haste.

10 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

What the actual f...... 

I guarantee that now a single person thought "wow, that's strange, a man wearing pink..." I mean, ffs, men wear pink here in the United States. 

pinkshirtresized.jpg

So Rea(minus wife and kids) is taking a trip to America. He is also having some sort of trouble with his registration paperwork and then there is the issue that his oldest daughter is turning 18 and he has realized that once she turns 20 it will be hard for her to stay in Zambia. On top of that his dog(who sounds untrained) tried to attack someone who came to visit. Rea's wife got between the guest and the dog, but the dog attacked her. She now has a torn MCL and will need to rest for the next 8 weeks. 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So Rea(minus wife and kids) is taking a trip to America. He is also having some sort of trouble with his registration paperwork and then there is the issue that his oldest daughter is turning 18 and he has realized that once she turns 20 it will be hard for her to stay in Zambia. On top of that his dog(who sounds untrained) tried to attack someone who came to visit. Rea's wife got between the guest and the dog, but the dog attacked her. She now has a torn MCL and will need to rest for the next 8 weeks. 

Why on earth do they have a dog? I mean, it's not like they're on a farm and its a working dog. I normally wouldn't begrudge people pets, but FFS they're living on other people's money. Pretty sure those love offerings weren't mean to go to dog food and squeaky toys. 

# 2 always wears pink shirts to birthday parties. He currently has two that fit him. They are smart and suit his colouring. Scottish men are not afraid of pink Johnboy.

What sad miserable, narrow lives these godly men do lead.

I can't remember a bible verse that says Godly folk who 'study' under Johnboy aren't allowed to choose their own belt colours?

John and his ilk are so afraid of being thought of as 'unmanly'. How sad.

In the real world real men and women are those who provide for their families by working a job that actually pays a wage/salary for work done John.

Not men who sit on their arses all day bemoaning their gluttony and boasting because Satan is after them whilst shovelling grifted beef jerky down their throats.

35 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Why on earth do they have a dog? I mean, it's not like they're on a farm and its a working dog. I normally wouldn't begrudge people pets, but FFS they're living on other people's money. Pretty sure those love offerings weren't mean to go to dog food and squeaky toys. 

Guard dog from what I can tell. Poorly trained guard dog. If that had been a child it could have been much worse. They don't need to have a dog around that will attack like that.

Someone responded to John's "unction" post as follows:

Please pray for Shillings to be Sent! (Sorry, couldn't resist).

John replies:  We follow the instructions of Jesus in Matt. 6:6 on that one!

Matthew 6:6 is the verse that says "when you pray, go into your room [Facebook], close the door and pray to your Father [Shrader, Sr.].  Then your Father [Shrader, Sr.], who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Did I interpret this correctly, because John seems to put everything out there on the internet (well, as it applies to himself, that is).

Archived