IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Has he given up on the juice fast already? 

I'm thinking so. It's very unlike John not to keep everyone up-dated about his Godly suffering.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also very much like John find his projects all too hard and to give them up in under a week. It's Satan's fault. He has it in for John.

So apparently some of John's church members actually had the crazy idea John's church would help people. John put a smack down on that and had to spend yesterday doing the ominous sounding final step of church discipline. 

Sad first of all because we had to take the final step of church discipline with some members.

Most of you know how careful we are with Biblical Repentance

Hasn't he had a handful of people He claimed were saved and then later claimed they weren't really saved? He can't be being that careful with his biblical repentance if folks keep slipping past him. 

Even still, there are those who come hoping (even though we are quite clear on this with people) to get some position or long term assistance. 

I"m sure that anyone who spends any time around John should quickly catch on that he doesn't help others, others help him. 

I'm actually an impediment to the church in some ways because I'm American! 

No, your an impediment to the church because you are a lazy, selfish person who won't help anyone but demands everyone help you. 

As soon as possible, I'm asking God to raise up His man to shepherd this Church.

John is bored with his church already. He didn't make it long as a pastor in America either. 

Onward and outward!

John might be bored with Zambia in general and ready to move on since the locals have seemed to catch on he is a con man and don't worship him like he expects to be worshiped. 

Though brokenhearted for these that we love who have hardened their hearts against the Truth

Seems like John has caused a heck of a lot of people to "harden their hearts" against God. Maybe he should rethink all this. 

Segue into a story where John brags about working.

Last night after our prayer meeting, us men and young men were "slashing"* the grass outside while my wife and another lady were chopping the cabbage and tomatoes and other veggies inside for our monthly Fellowship Meal. To hear the men singing Godly, Christ-honoring music as we worked was so precious.

Can you really see John "slashing" grass for hours? I can't. Looks like he has dropped the juice fast already. It doesn't even sound like he made it a week.

Slashing is how most of the grass is cut in Zambia. It's done with a long strip of metal bent and sharpened at one end and a handle at the other. You swing it back and forth to cut the grass. There were eight of us men working for 4+ hours before and after prayer meeting, so we spent a total of 32+ man hours "slashing" our 120'×140' plot (which has the awning and Timothy House, so not much more than half is grass!) I wore the skin off the inside of my index fingers...even with gloves!

He is describing scything with a scythe. Has he never heard of this before? 

Seems he is upsetting a lot of people now.  Countdown to him leaving Zambia 321..........

23 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He is describing scything with a scythe. Has he never heard of this before?

And how is it that he has lived in Zambia this long and never cut the grass around his church/house? 

15 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He is describing scything with a scythe.

Ha ha!  I read his description of that exotic  tool and thought, "Does he mean a scythe?"  If they don't need the long grass for anything else, I wonder that John doesn't request pray for a riding lawnmower to add to his fleet of vehicles.

He is butting biblical heads with his neighbors, and although he uses too many words, it does seem like he is dropping hints to get moved out of there.  But of course, he would just continue his inept ways elsewhere.  Maybe there is a position available for him in Trump's administration?  What could go wrong?

So, John, a couple of status updates requested: 

juice diet - on or off?

American neighbor (who sold water) - what's the story?

Bibles, etc. - are the bulk of them distributed?

What I got from johns latest word salad is that people are starting to get upset that he's basically doing nothing but taking up air in Zambia. John thinks they are mad because they expect him, as an American, to have to resources to improve their lives instead of just preaching. You know, actually doing "missionary" work. it seems that he people are getting fed up with his white savior complex. 

I keep on picturing the photo of him waving his bible around at the funeral before Christmas. 

The locals who attended surely must have seen what we did. The great white missionary using lots of biblical words, posing and posturing above the grave. 

Folk know he has money sent from America. He hasn't tried to hide or distribute his wealth.   John's latest toys and gadgets are on public display for all to admire. Folk will,quite rightly, wonder why the money is being used in this way and not for practical purposes.

Didn't John once mention that the 'church' has a collection at each service? People on very minimum wages are putting their money in? only to see John squandering it all.

I would love to be present when the locals are discussing John.

11 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Didn't John once mention that the 'church' has a collection at each service? People on very minimum wages are putting their money in? only to see John squandering it all.

Pretty sure he did because he doesn't like his "mission" money to go to support the church. I have to wonder how long his loyal followers will stay with him. It seems like things are going downhill very fast for him. People are seeing him for who he is. I'm sure John is already seeking out his next "mission field" in hopes he can make a quick escape when things get nasty. 

As well as being a glutton, John is a possible hoarder. The delivery of Bibles etc have been carefully stored away from mildew on the plastic covered racks BUT will they ever leave that room again? I'm thinking not sadly.

John has built/obtained a large bookshelf full of books/bibles in his house. 

He hoards children.

John (imo) sees himself going off into the bush leading his fleet of vehicles dishing out sermons and bibles/leaflets etc like the big bountiful godly missionary that HE thinks he is.

The reality would be very much like the funeral photographs.

A large greedy white guy who appears to have a bottomless pit of money, driving around the bush to some of Zambia's poorest people preaching to them in a foreign language because he is to idle to learn theirs properly. Dispensing  bibles written in English, (as far as we know), and expecting folk to bow at his feet in gratitude.

Would he be disappointed if the villagers didn't run after him waving goodbye as his convey drive off into the distance to their next victims? I suspect so.

Someone replied to his latest complaints about the church discipline he's had to dispense.  A glorious comment stating, "Praying for your church and the precious souls in it. Any updates on the plane, the printing ministry, the chicken house, the Bible college, the well or the juice fast?"  Quite curious about how he'll respond.  Delete or bloviate? 

I have been following the Shraders for a long time but I have yet to fully understand what makes their brand of christianity so special! I am dying to know what their "church discipline" consists of. I would love to ask him on his FB page but would probably never get to read there again!

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

In November, John posted that Roderick's tiny church "are already tithing...", so I'm sure he is collecting in his home church.  I've been reading through some of his older posts on Facebook, it's so funny how he asks for money without asking for money!

At this point I am severely surprised that he hasn't had his throat slit and his riches taken.  I can only imagine it is because people feel sorry for his wife and kids and the fact that many of the items he has would rather stick out when the goods were sold.  Plus they are probably more decent folks than John.

Please don't think I am assuming the locals are "animals" or "savages" in any way.  I am just looking at this from a pure opportunistic standpoint.  Like most places in the world if you are from away,  stick out, flaunt your wealth, and aren't at least polite, someone will help you "downsize".  John fits all the criteria.

Said it before, will say it again: I'm surprised he even made it this long. Two and a half years of doing exactly jack-squat; and hurting the locals more than helping them.

My heart is with his wife and kids. They don't deserve this mess, and I hope they are okay.

I hope both sets of parents have the funds to bring Esther and the children back to America ASAP when that needs to happen. 

John I'm not concerned about. He can hitchhike back. May it take many years.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

John I'm not concerned about. He can hitchhike back. May it take many years

Let that lazy bastard swim back.  Without a life jacket.

On 2/6/2017 at 8:50 AM, Gobsmacked said:

As well as being a glutton, John is a possible hoarder. The delivery of Bibles etc have been carefully stored away from mildew on the plastic covered racks BUT will they ever leave that room again? I'm thinking not sadly.

John has built/obtained a large bookshelf full of books/bibles in his house. 

He hoards children.

John (imo) sees himself going off into the bush leading his fleet of vehicles dishing out sermons and bibles/leaflets etc like the big bountiful godly missionary that HE thinks he is.

The reality would be very much like the funeral photographs.

A large greedy white guy who appears to have a bottomless pit of money, driving around the bush to some of Zambia's poorest people preaching to them in a foreign language because he is to idle to learn theirs properly. Dispensing  bibles written in English, (as far as we know), and expecting folk to bow at his feet in gratitude.

Would he be disappointed if the villagers didn't run after him waving goodbye as his convey drive off into the distance to their next victims? I suspect so.

Personally, I kind of like the image of the locals chasing after John's departing convoy—with torches and pitchforks scythes.

On 2/6/2017 at 0:08 PM, amandaaries said:

Someone replied to his latest complaints about the church discipline he's had to dispense.  A glorious comment stating, "Praying for your church and the precious souls in it. Any updates on the plane, the printing ministry, the chicken house, the Bible college, the well or the juice fast?"  Quite curious about how he'll respond.  Delete or bloviate? 

John is not going to answer this one. The plane was a scam, the printing ministry went nowhere, the chicken business seemed to have closed up shop fast, the Bible college is just John printing stuff for his few remaining male followers to read, I bet John hasn't offered to give up a bit of water for free* and the juice fast didn't seem to last a week. Answering these questions honestly would clearly show how much of a failure John is. 

*we all know John would have taken pictures if he gave away water. 

The chicken failure won't be Johnboy's fault.

It will be because he :

a. Found a vet who wanted to be paid for his services.

b. Vet worked for free BUT couldn't give necessary documents because the chickens did have Salmonella. ( just guessing here).

c. It's the fault of the chickens for having Salmonella, ( if they actually did have it).

d. The chickens weren't godly enough.

e. Locals complained, quite rightly, about Johnboy selling his chickens at a lower price therefore taking away livelihoods.

d. The chickens were kept illegally.

e. The chicken business start up costs proved to be more costly than Johnboy realised. 

All my guesses but I bet at least one is correct.

6 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

The chicken failure won't be Johnboy's fault.

It will be because he :

a. Found a vet who wanted to be paid for his services.

b. Vet worked for free BUT couldn't give necessary documents because the chickens did have Salmonella. ( just guessing here).

c. It's the fault of the chickens for having Salmonella, ( if they actually did have it).

d. The chickens weren't godly enough.

e. Locals complained, quite rightly, about Johnboy selling his chickens at a lower price therefore taking away livelihoods.

d. The chickens were kept illegally.

e. The chicken business start up costs proved to be more costly than Johnboy realised. 

All my guesses but I bet at least one is correct.

I think you missed one...

f. Chickens are a lot of work.

John is one of the people we snark on that annoys the heck out of me because he is ridiculous and so impractical. He could have done so much good for so many people with all the resources that have been provided to him. 

This morning I had a chance to chat with a missionary at the airport headed to Africa. He was checking in huge Rubbermaid containers of medication and other items to help out the locals. His wife and children were at the airport to say goodbye but were not traveling with him as he needed to get established, organize housing and school before bringing them out. 

I'm not a fan of missionaries but if you're going to do it at least have a plan like this guy. I bet the other missionaries in Zambia have a good laugh at John's expense. Or a good cry because he is making them look bad. 

He admitted he couldn't do the juice fast. He is claiming that it is because there is limited produce in Zambia and he has to work so very, very hard. :roll: He is eating healthy, though, which is better if he will stick with it.

I sure hope he fed the kids more than this.I wonder what the yellow strips are, he says they haven't added meat back to their diet yet. 

dietyetjohnsh.jpg

John replied to our questions about the juice fast. Of course he gave it up. 

It made him too weak to continue his rigorous mission work, but hey, no worries, he's eating more salads now 

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I sure hope he fed the kids more than this.I wonder what the yellow strips are, he says they haven't added meat back to their diet yet. 

Plantain, maybe? I hope the kids aren't too picky (although you could never be too picky in the Shrader house or you'd never get any food). That's an okay amount of food, particularly for the smaller ones, but only if they'll actually eat it all.

Archived