IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

What he's not grasping is that it's a breach of confidentiality to even say they're in counseling with him. 

Thrres also the issue of the courts. Even though it is publicly available information that one testified (or whatever the heck John said he did...), it's still considered inappropriate to comment on it publicly. For example, if a social worker/counselor testified as a murder trial, the only acceptable comment on the matter to the press would be "no comment."  And you sure as shit don't post that stuff on Facebook. 

This extends outside counseling/social work, too. In the past few years there's been several nurses dismissed for posting photographs of treatment rooms after accidents. No names of patients, just details of the situations (which are probably publicly available through police blotters) and  the room. That alone breaks confidentiality and they paid the consequences for it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2014/07/08/new-york-med-nurse-katie-duke-fired-for-insensitive-instagram-shot/amp/?client=safari

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Guy! He totally didn't share private info! Just public info! 

The thing is, he could have asked for prayer for this situation without giving their names and no one outside their circle would have known who he was talking about. To get "fervent prayer" he could have written a very vague post that didn't tell us exactly who this was about or provide details.

No, this wasn't about getting prayers, this was about John bragging. I do hope some of his followers read here and realize that. There was absolutely no reason to give out names and details. You don't need those for a prayer request. 

I hope things like this too, but these people willingly give him money too. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The thing is, he could have asked for prayer for this situation without giving their names and no one outside their circle would have known who he was talking about. To get "fervent prayer" he could have written a very vague post that didn't tell us exactly who this was about or provide details.

No, this wasn't about getting prayers, this was about John bragging. I do hope some of his followers read here and realize that. There was absolutely no reason to give out names and details. You don't need those for a prayer request. 

Exactly.  AND he's publicly dissing Eugene's father and making him out to be unreasonable and violent, which is part of John's whole view that other people are bit parts in his drama - but to actively imply Eugene's dad is among the "Satan and his minions"??   Just ridiculous. 

Anyone who really wanted to help a couple reconcile would understand that portraying them this way ('Eugene is weak and being influenced by his father, who's an angry, possibly violent, man') is completely counter-productive.  

Totally agree with @formergothardite that a prayer request along the lines of "Two of my parishioners are struggling to keep their marriage alive - please pray that they can reconcile" would be perfect - and even a bragging request, like "please pray that our counselling sessions our successful,and that God gives me the skills I need to help them save their marriage" would work too

John surely cannot effectively counsel Eugene or his father after his Satan comments. Counsellors have to remain impartial and open to listening to everyone involved. John has already alienated Eugenes father.

I cannot imagine that Johns language has been in any way conciliatory when speaking to Eugenes father. 

John has possibly dug himself a vey deep hole by his recent actions.

Thankyou for keeping us poor blocked souls up-dated.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Totally agree with @formergothardite that a prayer request along the lines of "Two of my parishioners are struggling to keep their marriage alive - please pray that they can reconcile" would be perfect - and even a bragging request, like "please pray that our counselling sessions our successful,and that God gives me the skills I need to help them save their marriage" would work too

When I was in the inner circle of my old church, the best gossip was always to be had from "prayer circles" where so-called leaders in the church (the yes-men and their wives) gathered to pray for the congregation. Lots of juicy details about members' private struggles, usually from the pastor or his wife. Their excuse was all the salacious details would help us know how to direct our prayers. Ethics were nothing against saving souls & families, and the pastor thought he was God and above the rules. 
Of course, when I left the husband & the church, I heard through the grapevine that all of my private dirty laundry was brought out in the prayer circle, including things I had said in confidence to the pastor's wife. There were also a few lies, too. 

@FeministShrew, so glad both situations (husband, church) are in the rear view mirror.  

17 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

Of course, when I left the husband & the church, I heard through the grapevine that all of my private dirty laundry was brought out in the prayer circle, including things I had said in confidence to the pastor's wife. There were also a few lies, too. 

This is just vile! 

Well, those comments are up to six likes each. Oddly, the man who objected to John's oversharing had his comment deleted, but the original critical comments remain. I wonder if he thought that blocking you guys would make the comments delete automatically...? Can't recall the name of the critical guy, but I wonder if he's still on John's friend list. So curious.

43 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

When I was in the inner circle of my old church, the best gossip was always to be had from "prayer circles"

Yes, prayer circles are notorious for spreading gossip.  I've seen this in action, as well.

Whether the divorce action is "public record" or not, John has placed the internet spotlight on a struggling couple.  I'm sure he wanted to exhibit his counseling skills, but he's made himself out to be an indiscreet buffoon, per usual.

He should step back, let things cool down (the judge was probably wise to give them two weeks), and maybe find these people some qualified help. 

@FeministShrew I gave your comment a heart for support, but WOW, that's shitty.

My partner's worst example, in her days going to a crazy church, was when in youth group (hotbed of hypocrisy, also skewing more to 20s than teens), the leader stood up with her boyfriend, and tearfully recounted how her boyfriend had been lead astray by Satan, to cheat.... with one of the other group members sitting in the room! She had NO idea it was coming, and also was incredibly pissed off, as she's been seduced, but was painted as seductress, and of course, the boyfriend was forgiven, and the leader asked for prayers for him....  So awful!   But her church was like that - small town with not much to do, lots of people cheating on each other, but being huge judgey hypocrites if, eg someone got pregnant....

Wow to all the stories. I've witnessed the same thing myself, only it was a faith-based non-profit instead of a church. Gossip, plain and simple, was told so that people could pray for them. Then they wondered why people didn't want to be honest with them. :my_confused:

This situation is where a bit of humility would have come in handy for John. I've been through an evil, Satan-related divorce and I can testify that due to the nature of the thing, it can get emotional. Then I put myself in Eugene's place. I want a divorce, my parents are pressuring me to divorce, and the court date finally arrives. I think that it's going to be behind me now and I can start the healing process and get my parents off my back. Then some interloper, who is clearly partial to my spouse, is allowed to testify. He's not from my culture and doesn't understand the intricacies of the situation, but he nonetheless is a self-appointed expert on my marriage. Then the judge asks this partial person, again, a representative of my spouse, to run counseling meetings with a spouse with whom I don't want to reconcile. Honestly, I don't blame Eugene's father, the police would probably have to pull me off John too. 

And that's not even getting into the intricacies of race, power, history, and privilege that affect this situation. 

The wisest thing that John could do now is to contact a local minister or perhaps a school teacher or family Doctor (or all three) who knows the family involved and could possibly help to calm the situation, then back away himself.

He can still ask for prayers if he wants to.

The more he doubles down, the less he conveys any sense that he sees his African parishioners as people. They are vehicles through which he can combat some mythical creature named Satan.

2 minutes ago, Jencendiary said:

The more he doubles down, the less he conveys any sense that he sees his African parishioners as people. They are vehicles through which he can combat some mythical creature named Satan.

You just hit the nail on the head Jencendiary. Very well put.

A little late checking in with John, but he blocked me too!  I merely 'liked' the 3 posts that called him on his shit.  
He's as bad as the Naugs (where I was also blocked for merely liking a "troll" post over a year ago). 
Kinda bummed...  John's whining & ineptitude were a weekly highlight for me.  :pb_sad: 

8 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

A little late checking in with John, but he blocked me too!  I merely 'liked' the 3 posts that called him on his shit.  
He's as bad as the Naugs (where I was also blocked for merely liking a "troll" post over a year ago). 
Kinda bummed...  John's whining & ineptitude were a weekly highlight for me.  :pb_sad: 

Same here. Would it be possible to gain access to his page via one of his Facebook friends? I'm not sure how it all works.  He must have blocked a few folk over the past week.  Jencendiary and me had likes for our posts ( we didn't see them!!) so I'm presuming those folk found themselves blocked also.

:2wankers:

Just now, Gobsmacked said:

Same here. Would it be possible to gain access to his page via one of his Facebook friends? I'm not sure how it all works. 

That's a thought, but probably wouldn't work for me.  I'm not a facebooker, and only created the account to look at stuff people reference here. ;) 
So my account looks "suspicious"...no friends or photos.
Can't believe I was blocked by THE 'godly' missionary.  And since John is the ONLY person who understands the bible & salvation, does this mean I'm doomed to the lake of fire?  :dancing-demon: 

16 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

That's a thought, but probably wouldn't work for me.  I'm not a facebooker, and only created the account to look at stuff people reference here. ;) 
So my account looks "suspicious"...no friends or photos.
Can't believe I was blocked by THE 'godly' missionary.  And since John is the ONLY person who understands the bible & salvation, does this mean I'm doomed to the lake of fire?  :dancing-demon: 

Probably! It could be fun though as we are (in John's eyes) all destined to be walking through that poolside turnstile! 

Bring on the party!!

Those comments are up to 8 and 7 likes now! Not sure if it'd work, but since he's a public figure, you could try logging out of Facebook and searching for him that way. Pretty sure FB blocks accounts and not IP addresses, so it's worth a try!

For clarification, I have shared no details of our personal counseling sessions. What I've shared is public record. That Eugene is seeking a divorce from a court is public record. The private details of my Pastoral knowledge have been withheld. Thank you to those who are truly concerned for this precious couple and will truly pray for them. We need to "fight the right way," and are enlisting as many prayer warriors as possible. We are truly pleading for your fervent prayers that Satan and his minions be hindered from this couple. Thank you to our true friends who care for Souls here in Africa. - js

John can throw shade better than the Real Housewives of NYC, Atlanta, OC, and Beverly Hills combined.

The drama! He certainly has a flair for it. 

What does he mean by fight the right way? Which of us TRULY care for the souls of Africa? 

Spoiler

0A331885-DDB5-4BF1-9DD9-C5E28C0CD5EB.gif

I liked the controversial posts and I can  still access the page. I was once a "friend" of Johns' but got booted off after I colluded with Pickles to ask some damning questions! Then later I got dumped from Pickles page too!

If someone blocks you on FB, you can't see anything they post through the blocked account. It doesn't matter if your friends share it or comment on it or whatever. I'm also pretty sure when you click on a FB link but you're logged out of FB, it will just take you to the FB login page instead of the link. 

You could always make another account...John seems to make his information public. You'd just have to decide if Shrader is worth all that :pb_confused:

49 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

What does he mean by fight the right way?

The right way = John's way.  

I'm pretty sure that John getting up in Eugene's dad's grille is not in the public record.  I'm calling on all kick-ass prayer warriors to gird their loins (!) and pray that the precious people of Kafue be saved from Bro. John, missionary griftionary to Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond, Pilot of the Phantom Plane, Chicken Man, Juice Quest Warrior, Bible Hoader......

1 hour ago, Howl said:

The right way = John's way.  

I'm pretty sure that John getting up in Eugene's dad's grille is not in the public record.  I'm calling on all kick-ass prayer warriors to gird their loins (!) and pray that the precious people of Kafue be saved from Bro. John, missionary griftionary to Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond, Pilot of the Phantom Plane, Chicken Man, Juice Quest Warrior, Bible Hoader......

........and all round trouble maker.

Have we ever discussed if he is licensed to legally marry people in Zambia? I can't remember back to 2014. 

22 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

For clarification, I have shared no details of our personal counseling sessions. What I've shared is public record. That Eugene is seeking a divorce from a court is public record. The private details of my Pastoral knowledge have been withheld. Thank you to those who are truly concerned for this precious couple and will truly pray for them. We need to "fight the right way," and are enlisting as many prayer warriors as possible. We are truly pleading for your fervent prayers that Satan and his minions be hindered from this couple. Thank you to our true friends who care for Souls here in Africa. - js

<Snipped for space, but Phaedra is a master at throwing shade.  Let's never forget that she's a preacher's daughter from the South.  Love her.>

Someone replied to that comment above, and I'd like to go ahead and cut & paste for those who can't follow along.  Also, the likes are up to 9 & 8 on the original comments, which are still there!  Did that guy delete his comment, or did John do it?  Did John reply with the comment above because a man had rebuked him?  So many questions!

Here's the FB dialogue:

LW: Why do you block people who disagree with you? No one here is being rude. People ask genuine questions and seek genuine answers. I do believe Jesus would have answered people's questions in a loving, kind manner rather than deleting and pretending that naysayers did not exist.

JES: 'm dealing with some very sick individuals ma'am. And they're not all truly asking genuine questions (see above hateful comments). Our family and myself have been slandered and mocked and accused of some serious and wicked things. The tone of statements and accusations of me being a "con" (and much worse elsewhere), is not genuinely seeking answers or information

JES: May I please ask what your interest or connection to our ministry is?

LW:  I do agree that some of their comments are harsh. I do not believe they are necessarily "sick" individuals though. I think people fear that you are violating this couple's trust by putting their personal issues on a very public FB page. God knows we all have problems and need prayer. But we don't always want others to know exactly what our issues are. I believe most genuinely concerned Christians would pray for a fellow brother without having to know exactly what the issue was.

JES: I can understand your concern and thank you for sharing it. You are apparently unaware of what has been repeatedly said about us for years, so I can see how you may not understand the "sick" statement. I can't (and won't) repeat what's been said about us.

So may I please ask again what your connection or interest in our ministry is please?

Thus concludes the FB dialogue, at the time of typing.

Sweet baby Jesus! So her concerns (the commenter here is a woman) are useless and needless, but what's really important is baby boy John knowing how or why she found them.  Her concerns do sound both principled and Christian, so it's interesting (but not unexpected) to see that John just seeks ways to discredit her.  

Archived