IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

I think John has always claimed he never asks for money, but he is very good about asking for money without coming out and saying it.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So Rea(minus wife and kids) is taking a trip to America. He is also having some sort of trouble with his registration paperwork and then there is the issue that his oldest daughter is turning 18 and he has realized that once she turns 20 it will be hard for her to stay in Zambia. On top of that his dog(who sounds untrained) tried to attack someone who came to visit. Rea's wife got between the guest and the dog, but the dog attacked her. She now has a torn MCL and will need to rest for the next 8 weeks. 

what does this mean? what will happen when she turns 20?

John had to explain the belt because he didn't want his "followers" to get the wrong idea. 

It never occurs to John maybe it's not Satan fighting him but God is dropping hints. Isnt God supposed to be more powerful? So basically John's good work gets thwarted by the Devil and his followers continue to fail because other people are not praying enough. John makes God sound like a malicious asshole. 

So John preaches for HOURS and people are so rapt with his preaching that evenCHILDREN were listening attentively! Children without their parents no less. Special, special man that John Schrader.

I think the bed rest episodes are prompted by approaching the edge of self awareness and sensing only a deep abyss.  

*claps* that is some truly beautiful prose, and is an arrow that hits the target. Brava!

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

I'm not sure what sort of visa she came to Zambia under, but when she turns 20 she will need a different kind of visa, possible a work visa and since they don't believe in women working, that will be a problem. He is being very vague about it, but it appears that he recently discovered this. 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

I thought that it was 21. Here is the issue according to the Zambian government, at 20 she is no longer a dependent so she must obtain her own VISA which require her to meet the same regulations that her father did when they went. Since then Zambian government is really being a pain in granting new work VISAs to foreigners plus they upped the fees and cut the time in half plus included a number of requirements that have not been included prior  plus restrictions regarding ownership of personal/real  property.  John boy will have the same issue as his children age. That is one reason a number of missionaries send their children back to the US for college/trade school.

7 hours ago, countressrascal said:

I thought that it was 21. Here is the issue according to the Zambian government, at 20 she is no longer a dependent so she must obtain her own VISA which require her to meet the same regulations that her father did when they went. Since then Zambian government is really being a pain in granting new work VISAs to foreigners plus they upped the fees and cut the time in half plus included a number of requirements that have not been included prior  plus restrictions regarding ownership of personal/real  property.  John boy will have the same issue as his children age. That is one reason a number of missionaries send their children back to the US for college/trade school.

John boy will be long gone from Zambia by the time his oldest child reaches 20.

Johnboy will eventually run out of schemes  to annoy the local people with. 

My bet is one more year, then home.

8 hours ago, countressrascal said:

John boy will have the same issue as his children age. That is one reason a number of missionaries send their children back to the US for college/trade school.

Id be quite surprised if John lasts that long in Zambia.  Oops, I shold have ead ahead, Gobsmacked hit the nail on the head---

Id be quite surprised if John lasts that long in Zambia.  Oops, I shold have ead ahead, Gobsmacked hit the nail on the head---

I'm surprised he has been there as long as he has! Never underestimate stupidity.

John thought that Zambia would be filled with unicorns farting happiness and rainbows and converts too numerous to count blowing sunshine and tithes up his ass on a daily basis.  None of this has happened.  As noted upthread, there will be a cycle of visa issues somewhere on the horizon and that will be an excuse to bail if he hasn't done so before.

And has anybody heard anything about John's desire to fly again?  Didn't think so.  

I truly hope the blessings are having fun of some kind and have some type of relationship with the locals.  

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

John boy will be long gone from Zambia by the time his oldest child reaches 20.

Johnboy will eventually run out of schemes  to annoy the local people with. 

My bet is one more year, then home.

I don't know, he far outlasted my expectations. Maybe not until his eldest reaches 20 but he may last a few more years, he seems pretty determined not to have to go back to living in a pop up camper. His spirit animal seems to be a cockroach. 

How are divorces done in Zambia? 

Some may have seen that we just had several church discipline situations in our church. One of them is Eugene Libamba. He and his wife both made a profession of faith after many hours over many months of witnessing to them, and they also asked to renew their vows on their one year wedding anniversary after that.

Now Eugene is being pushed (hard) by his parents to divorce Precious, instead of seeking counseling and help. Esther and I, along with Roderick and his wife Jacqueline went to Zambian local court today to support Precious and fight the divorce.

It was quite an experience, and I was even asked to testify. Eugene's father erupted in anger outside the court and was detained for over an hour and almost arrested for shouting angrily at me.

The judge asked us all to return in two weeks. She also ordered all parties involved to meet at our church, with me chairing the meeting. When I tried to discuss this with Eugene's father, he refused to even speak to me, and literally got out of their vehicle (Eugene was driving) and stomped angrily away from the small local Court plot.

John might be better keeping out of this family matter if he wants to remain in Karfue. We don't know the back story but he is the interloper here.

It strikes me as in extraordinarily bad taste for a pastor to post very personal family information like that on Facebook. Shame on him. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Now Eugene is being pushed (hard) by his parents to divorce Precious, instead of seeking counseling and help. Esther and I, along with Roderick and his wife Jacqueline went to Zambian local court today to support Precious and fight the divorce.

It was quite an experience, and I was even asked to testify. Eugene's father erupted in anger outside the court and was detained for over an hour and almost arrested for shouting angrily at me.

There are so many things wrong with this. John is in no position to offer marital counseling. He should not be involving himself in E&P's personal business, especially to the point of testifying in court. I don't think Eugene's parents should necessarily be pushing him to get divorced either, but the last thing they need is John shoving himself into a messy emotional decision. And really, after "many hours of witnessing", it doesn't sound like John did a very good job of convincing them to follow super biblical baptist protestant christianity if Eugene's considering divorce. White Jesus would NOT approve.

10 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

There are so many things wrong with this. John is in no position to offer marital counseling. He should not be involving himself in E&P's personal business, especially to the point of testifying in court. I don't think Eugene's parents should necessarily be pushing him to get divorced either, but the last thing they need is John shoving himself into a messy emotional decision. And really, after "many hours of witnessing", it doesn't sound like John did a very good job of convincing them to follow super biblical baptist protestant christianity if Eugene's considering divorce. White Jesus would NOT approve.

If he is doing counseling (which sounds like he is...) it is extremely unethical for him to release information about this to the world. This has me really hot under the collar--everyone deserves confidentiality in therapy. That's counseling 101.

ETA: If he had a license (I know, I know, John don't need no stinkin' license...) he would be censured over this. :kitty-cussing:

I hope for the sake of the Shrader children, that this doesn't turn into a scythe and pitchfork at dawn scenario.  Any  Zambian followers who read Johnboy's face book will hopefully think twice about asking him for advice on personal/family matters. 

I cannot image that Eugenes father will be best pleased about this all going public either.

John has broken confidences so that he can boast about HIM-GREAT WHITE MISSIONARY being asked to go to court and mediate. Once again, it's all about JOHN.

I suspect John wrote that post to try and publicly humiliate Eugene into staying married. 

Meddling in private family matters that he has no business in? Awful.

Posting said family's private business on the internet for all to read? Really awful.

Posting the private matters of people you are "counseling" thus violating "counselor"-client confidentiality? Dispicable.

How sad for Eugene and Precious, though. I hope it works out for them, and John doesn't hurt the matter further.

And of course, no one--NO ONE--responding to that post has suggested he shouldn't have posted it. Nope. It's all praying praying praying, for Eugene's 'hardened heart' and for John and Esther's 'counsel.' 

:angry-cussingblack:

John, you are disgusting. You are supposed to be a church pastor, (a shit one, but still technically one) which means you are someone people can turn to in their time of need, and that requires confidentiality, not posting it all over the internet! I would never trust John with my problems. Nobody should. He cant keep his mouth shut.

Seconding and thirding the horror about John sharing his parishioners' personal details - I suspect he thinks that as they're only "Africans", it's not the same as sharing if they were white Americans...

RE his daughter - I'm slightly relieved that he's not expecting to marry his daughters off as soon as they turn 18 - that's as near to looking on the bright side of John!

The judge asked us all to return in two weeks. She also ordered all parties involved to meet at our church, with me chairing the meeting

Did this cause anyone else's bullshit meter to peg in the red zone?  

I might have put my two cents in on the details of pastoral counseling being posted in public. I wonder how long it will stay up.

Spoiler

tumblr_n7u6bwmuVR1r6qguso1_250.gif

Archived