IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

And more! Here you go:

FB dialogue:

LW: John Esther Shrader, I have been aware of your ministry for several years due to your connection with the Duggar family. You are Josh Duggar's brother-in-law, correct? Your name has popped up a few times in connection with that family.

JES:  Ah ha. I see. Thanks for your honesty. I have no connection to that family other than my wife happens to be the sister of Anna. So you really don't know us at all then, is that correct? Only what you've read on other sites? You've never met me or my wife or children, correct?

LW: John Esther Shrader, this is correct. I have never met you, your wife or your lovely children. Do not worry, I do not connect you with the Duggar family in any way. :)

<snip, as it's basically John complaining about being attacked, when all he wants to do is be the Great White Savior Hope.>

JES: Well, I'm currently being assaulted by very lewd women "friend" requesting me constantly. My wife and I share this page, and I keep deleting their requests, but there is a definitive attempt to tempt/get me to fall morally. It's quite disgusting and I'm contemplating taking our page private again 

JES: So I'm quite aware and "jumpy" lately...

[Later comment not in this small reply thread]

JES: Thanks Bro. Joey. There's currently an attempt to get me to fall morally. I'm not sure if it's an orchestrated attack or an individual creating fake accounts, but although my wife's name is clearly part of this account, I'm getting "friend" requests on a regular, weekly, sometimes daily basis from lewd provocative women. Satan is really stirred up and attacking from all directions.

So basically he wants to find a way to discredit/ignore this woman, but her responses are even-keeled and coherent.  He really wants to disregard her, but she's forcing him to acknowledge her as a human being, even a Christian raised in a Baptist household.  Also, he's ridiculously easy to find through his Duggar connection and public FB page. 

ETA: He also posted a long prayer request, including this: "Now there is an effort to tempt me or get me to fall morally. For many weeks now, our FB account has been inundated with "friend" requests from wicked, lewd women, clearly immoral and suggestive in both pics and comments, even though my beautiful and lovely bride is pictured in our profile, and her name included.

My wife is very much aware of this attack and I just keep deleting the "requests."

I'm sure what is trying to be accomplished is to tempt me to fall morally in order to gain screenshots to "prove" I'm a wicked imposter "grifting" and "conning" poor dupes to support me with my "long con."

It is quite discouraging, but the fact that Satan is fighting means he is riled up in a big way."

So Satan (or people seeking to hold him accountable for his actions and plans) is once again after him.  Poor persecuted John boy.

I'm kind of hopeful that if he's able to go online so much, some of his converts or community members decided to Google him and find out more.  With any luck, they'll stumble across FJ  and find a wealth of information about John and his bungled, badly managed adventures. 

Interesting to see how afraid John is that people might discover the truth: he was a failure at home and could not provide for his enormous family.  He relies on handouts and "love donations" to fund his follies.  He has a fleet of vehicles, a plane he'll never use, no understanding of community (one doesn't dig a well to destroy the neighbor's business, nor does one enter into large-scale chicken farming to decimate the local market, if one wants to be a good neighbor).  He writes at length about himself, but barely asks for prayers when his wife is in labor or his children are sick.  He only works on his own projects and never helps others (unless it's to garner confidential information which he can then splash all over his FB page--even then, "helps" might not be the right word). He's selfish, gluttonous, prideful, stubborn, and unwilling or unable to view and love those around him as real people.

At least in The Poisonwood Bible, the preacher didn't despise birth control and urge his congregants to engage in dangerous overpopulation projects, swearing every sperm is sacred (my thanks to Monty Python).  When Poisonwood Bible comparisons are appropriate for one's mission, things have gone more than awry...and it's not Satan's work.  In fact, if one were to believe in a divine Creator, it might just be a message from above. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know these questions were a couple of pages back, but re: what church discipline means to John- provided that he's following the typical IFB playbook (which is highly likely), then he's following Matthew 18. In short, if someone in your church is "in sin" (mileage may vary from church to church on what exactly that means), then the pastor goes to them privately and tells them to repent. If they don't, the pastor goes back with a couple of men from the church and they all tell the person to repent. If the person still doesn't, they get hauled in front of the whole church and raked over the coals there, and if they don't apologize and repent at that point they're excommunicated from the church until such time as they come back and appropriately prostrate themselves.

As far as the "lewd women" specifically targeting him, John, you aren't that special, I promise. :pb_rollseyes:  They're scammers, there's been an explosion of them on Facebook lately, and everyone I know has gotten at least a couple of similar requests recently. I've had six or seven myself in the last two weeks, which is hilarious because mine have all been men in similarly "lewd" state even though I've got my marriage to a woman listed publicly on my profile. :laughing-jumpingpurple:  Just delete and move on!  

Welp - there he goes - I tried to check on this comments thread just now and his fb is private. All i can see is notifications of profile pic changes. 

this is why we shouldn't poke the bear! 

Thankyou everyone for keeping us blocked folk in the loop. 

So as I understand it: John thinks he is gods gift to all mortal females?

He doesn't trust himself not to fall morally because of lewd photos sent by scamming hussies.

He can't easily answer a simply put, polite question from a curious fellow Baptist (possibly because she is female?).

He has his knickers in a proper twist because Satan is making folk begin to question his whole reason for being in Zambia.

He has now made his Facebook private so NON of us can lurk over there?

What a spoilsport. :angry-tappingfoot:

16 minutes ago, klavierspieler said:

I know these questions were a couple of pages back, but re: what church discipline means to John- provided that he's following the typical IFB playbook (which is highly likely), then he's following Matthew 18. In short, if someone in your church is "in sin" (mileage may vary from church to church on what exactly that means), then the pastor goes to them privately and tells them to repent. If they don't, the pastor goes back with a couple of men from the church and they all tell the person to repent. If the person still doesn't, they get hauled in front of the whole church and raked over the coals there, and if they don't apologize and repent at that point they're excommunicated from the church until such time as they come back and appropriately prostrate themselves.

It always amazes me that people stick around for any of that and don't just walk away.  It's so clearly abusive to me that I'd be showing the pastor the door if showed up to take me to task.  More especially if it was someone like John who has so many moats in his eyes that he apparently can barely see. 

18 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Welp - there he goes - I tried to check on this comments thread just now and his fb is private. All i can see is notifications of profile pic changes. 

Yep. This isn't the first time he has gone private. I'm sure eventually he will make his page public again. I hate not being able to keep up with his drama. Those of you who are still friends with him, keep us updated on what he is doing. 

John can't stand be questioned too closely. There are too many holes in his missionary story. 

John, if you are reading here, rest easy.  The "lewd woman" is probably really someone who resembles Vladimir Putin and is just pulling your sanctimonious chain.

:tw_kiss_wink:

Lewd woman could also be the husband of someone Esther has inadvertently upset, trying to upset the Shrader godly apple art. If so the photos will be plucked from the dark side of the interwebz and not his own wife.

Until John boy decides to go public again all we have are conspiracy theories!!!!!

3 hours ago, amandaaries said:

JES:  Ah ha. I see. Thanks for your honesty. I have no connection to that family other than my wife happens to be the sister of Anna. So you really don't know us at all then, is that correct? Only what you've read on other sites? You've never met me or my wife or children, correct?

This strikes me as a really odd comment from John. Being sisters is a pretty significant connection. The sisters may not be close or interact much, but they're still siblings and he's acting like it's some tenuous barely-there connection. He's talking about his own sister-in-law and the aunt of his children, not some third cousin twice removed that they've never met. I'm not necessarily saying John is or should be tight with Anna, but it's weird to me that John seems to think it's strange that people would see a link between the families. It's like he doesn't understand how human interconnectedness works.

The unprompted revelation of "lewd women" on Facebook trying to lure him into "falling morally" raises my suspicions.  It reminds me of some advice from Captain Awkward about how manipulative people will often give unsolicited reassurances that they would "never do [action]" when they are either already doing that action, or are thinking about doing it.

Every time I see couple-y user names like "John Esther Shrader" or "David Jill Noyes Rodrigues" I'm reminded of the egg baby* I had in 8th grade, which I named, for reasons unknown even to me, Danielle Xavier. Then I remember my rather progressive class, which had mostly individuals and same-sex pairs in charge of the eggs because we knew that you don't really need the traditional male-and-female setup to raise a kid--or carry around an unborn chicken--and people worked with a friend or did it on their own. John Esther, which is what I'm calling him now, would have hated us. So thanks for the fond memory of one of the few bright spots of my teenage years, John Esther!

*Sex ed thing, where you're supposed to carry an egg around for a couple weeks and realize how much work a baby is or something. I kept mine in my locker. Probably a good thing I don't have kids.

What's odd is that Esther has her own FB account. The John Esther Schrader Account is really just John's account. Don't know why he insists they are sharing when it's obvious they are not. 

4 hours ago, klavierspieler said:

As far as the "lewd women" specifically targeting him, John, you aren't that special, I promise. :pb_rollseyes:  They're scammers, there's been an explosion of them on Facebook lately, and everyone I know has gotten at least a couple of similar requests recently. I've had six or seven myself in the last two weeks, which is hilarious because mine have all been men in similarly "lewd" state even though I've got my marriage to a woman listed publicly on my profile. :laughing-jumpingpurple:  Just delete and move on!  

I was wondering where this whole lewd women business was coming from, because that really has nothing to do with the (very truthful IMO) allegations of him being a grifting douchecanoe.

Also thinking that his very conspicuous mention of these "satanic attacks" has meaning, but I'm not sure if he's really feeling temptation. I think he's bringing up these random friend requests because he already knows they're not real and easily dismissed. It's a distraction from the long con accusations, which are much harder to distance himself from. Plus maybe he thinks people will be less likely to to bother him if they think his "beautiful and lovely bride" is also under attack. 

12 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Also thinking that his very conspicuous mention of these "satanic attacks" has meaning, but I'm not sure if he's really feeling temptation. I think he's bringing up these random friend requests because he already knows they're not real and easily dismissed. It's a distraction from the long con accusations, which are much harder to distance himself from. Plus maybe he thinks people will be less likely to to bother him if they think his "beautiful and lovely bride" is also under attack. 

ITA. The lewd women remarks are just a distraction. John has had almost non-stop problems since he arrived in Zambia and some of those problems came from churches looking a bit too closely at John. If too many more people start inspecting John and his lifestyle, not even Daddy Shrader will be able to keep him in Zambia. This is the second time John has tried to make people think is problems are that "lewd women" are trying to put him in compromising situations. 

For any of John's followers who have found us, think hard about John. Think about how much money he has spent on himself. He isn't being a David Livingston or Jim Elliot, he is being selfish and showing no care for anyone around him. Even Jesus realized that people who are hungry aren't going to listen to the gospel message very well. There is absolutely no need for John to have spent that much money on himself. None. 

Well boo. John is my favorite. This is why we need to not interact with the entertainment.

I wonder if his comments will make any of his leg humpers Google him to see what all that was about. They don't strike me as all that smart, so probably not.

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It always amazes me that people stick around for any of that and don't just walk away.  It's so clearly abusive to me that I'd be showing the pastor the door if showed up to take me to task.  More especially if it was someone like John who has so many moats in his eyes that he apparently can barely see. 

Yeah. In practice it does tend to be mostly people who can't walk away (like Tina Anderson) who get drug through that. :( Doesn't stop the pastor from telling the whole congregation your transgressions after you're gone though. Or all of Facebook, if you're John. 

15 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

The unprompted revelation of "lewd women" on Facebook trying to lure him into "falling morally" raises my suspicions.  It reminds me of some advice from Captain Awkward about how manipulative people will often give unsolicited reassurances that they would "never do [action]" when they are either already doing that action, or are thinking about doing it.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Reading this again, I KNOW that he must read here, I just know it.  Are we the reason for enforced bed rest?  Why doesn't John just block them and report these lewd women to facebook? Is someone in Kafue generating these posts at an internet cafe around the corner from John's house?  

JES: I'm sure what is trying to be accomplished is to tempt me to fall morally in order to gain screenshots to "prove" I'm a wicked imposter "grifting" and "conning" poor dupes to support me with my "long con."

It isn't just "lewd women" trying to make it look like he is having an affair, according to that response he claims there are people trying to get proof that he is an impostor trying to scam folks. I think he is reading here, but I don't think it is just us that have been bothering him. He is pissed off enough people that there are probably a long line of folks wanting to reveal John for the person he is. 

Any of us still friends with John and can give us an idea what he is up to? I really hate not being able to keep up with his adventures in being a terrible missionary. 

19 hours ago, klavierspieler said:

I don't FB, but all my social media gets the rashes of accounts with women-in-state-of-undress-profile pic, provocative- bio, unlikely-name, and their posts are full of links that have been put through some kind of "don't ID me" programme, as they lead to non-stop malware.  I just thought everyone knew this this is a thing about being on the internet, and you block and report?

(There is a blackmail scam in the UK, that the police actually put out public warnings about, where the "woman" gets the unsuspecting dude to start texting, then send her videos of him masturbating, with his face in "so I can see how it makes you feel..." - and then vast amounts of money to not spread it around his work/marriage/church etc... But again, there are very basic steps people should be doing to try to avoid being a catfish, such as insisting on a clothed skype call, where you get someone to write a basic phrase on a piece of paper in front of you, etc etc etc.  This is all "Basic internet 101", no?)

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I don't FB, but all my social media gets the rashes of accounts with women-in-state-of-undress-profile pic, provocative- bio, unlikely-name, and their posts are full of links that have been put through some kind of "don't ID me" programme, as they lead to non-stop malware.  I just thought everyone knew this this is a thing about being on the internet, and you block and report?

(There is a blackmail scam in the UK, that the police actually put out public warnings about, where the "woman" gets the unsuspecting dude to start texting, then send her videos of him masturbating, with his face in "so I can see how it makes you feel..." - and then vast amounts of money to not spread it around his work/marriage/church etc... But again, there are very basic steps people should be doing to try to avoid being a catfish, such as insisting on a clothed skype call, where you get someone to write a basic phrase on a piece of paper in front of you, etc etc etc.  This is all "Basic internet 101", no?)

I agree that the sexy strangers are just the usual internet scamming. How bizarre and naive of John to insist that they are specifically after him to compromise him. That's like assuming a telemarketer is plotting against you. No, you're just the next random person on the list, not the leading role in some drama.

Lurky, your internet common sense "basic steps" make me giggle. My basic steps include "don't masturbate on camera" rather than verifying that the stranger for whom I'm about to masturbate on camera is not a... CGI creation? Is that what the writing a basic phrase thing is about? Do explain! I'm ready to learn :-)

If it weren't always about John, he might be writing, for example, a thoughtful post about how to resist internet porn temptation. 

So, this comes to mind.  Esther is from ATI/IBLP royalty, or at least serious Gothard leg humping parents, right?  How did she end up married to a plain old Baptist like John?    

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

How did she end up married to a plain old Baptist like John?    

He was also raised IBLP. When he brags about his "mission trips" and teaching character in public schools he is meaning traving and working with IBLP

Archived