IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

New post up, by Anna. She, Nathan, Abby, Bethany and Christina went to a kinder concert. It was a "neat experience". Abby and Bethany are in long skirts but it looks like Christina's skirt is above the knee! :pb_surprised:

"Kinder" I assume meaning for kids. 

Yep, they have "kinder konzerts" where I lived, kind of a fun play on so much German-written classical music. Very interesting to an adult who came to appreciate classical tunes later in life, as well as for the chirruns.  The producers narrate the music or stop it to explain it, encourage proper listening behavior while in an audience, etc.

Good on Nathan for exposing the girls to the program. Whereas his inlaws are local, apparently well-off, educated and religious without the extremism, his progeny have the best chance of any of the Maxgrands to eventually lead a balanced life. 

The long skirts really annoy me as usual, but A especially is at a stage where she probably wants to imitate a beloved auntie. Trust me, that stage doesn't last forever!!!! 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is Anna's writing?!  It's so....staccato!  Who is 'we'?  Who are 'they'?  This is just homeschooling gone horrifyingly wrong.  It's just astounds me how spectacularly Steve and Terri failed their kids.  How are they not ashamed?  Ignorance all around...

14 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

WTF is Anna's writing?!  It's so....staccato!  Who is 'we'?  Who are 'they'?  This is just homeschooling gone horrifyingly wrong.  It's just astounds me how spectacularly Steve and Terri failed their kids.  How are they not ashamed?  Ignorance all around...

Amen.

The first five sentences in particular sound like they were written by a child.

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

Good for them that they gave the kids exposure to classical music.

I'm beginning to think you all are right, that the Maxwells do a lot more stuff than we see on the blog. 

I believe Nathan, Melanie, and their kids do a lot more stuff than we see on the blog. The same may be true for Joseph and Elissa; it's hard to tell since Calia is still a baby. But Christopher and Anna Marie and their kids? I doubt it. And Steve, Teri, and their adult kids? No, I don't believe they are leading secretly exciting lives. They may have a few more fundie friends than what we see on the blog, but that's probably the extent of it.

In pictures of Calia with Ellie, she was wearing a t-shirt, skirt and leggings. We were criticising the "skirt", but at least it was a skirt and not a frumper like Ruthie and Lydia have to wear. I know it's too early to tell, but I think Joseph and Elissa are more like Nathan and Melanie than Christopher and NR Anna. 

Stop the Presses!!! The girls....................cleaned! Yes, you heard me right. They CLEANED....at Nathan and Mel's. Why?

Because they LOVE to.

And because baby "E" is almost here! Abby, Bethany, [Chris]Tina and [An]Drew will soon have a new sibling!!! 

Dear God these people can make ANYTHING dull.

I don't think Melanie and Nathan will use an "E" name. Drew is just a nickname. In the pregnancy announcement they listed him as Andrew. I predict that they'll go with Benjamin or Deborah.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, anjulibai said:

I think those are likely, too. I can also see Ethan or Eli for a boy. 

I could also see them going with a B name, like Benjamin, but only if it's a boy. 

They could go with Ebenezer and call him Ben.

New post up.  Josh, Ruthanne, and Lydia baked cookies with Scary Mary while Amish Anna and Prissy Chris took Danny to the Dr.

New post up.  Josh, Ruthanne, and Lydia baked cookies with Scary Mary while Amish Anna and Prissy Chris took Danny to the Dr.

That post makes them seem downright normal.

We cleaned our ceiling fans at work yesterday. We do it once a week, everyday Friday. We work in a restaurant, and we believe in keeping things super clean.

I flipped the switch in the office to turn them off, then a taller coworker took a long handled dust mop and wiped each of the 3 blades. Then I went into the office to turn the fans back on. It took about 5 minutes. Praise the lord.

11 minutes ago, Trynn said:

I flipped the switch in the office to turn them off, then a taller coworker took a long handled dust mop and wiped each of the 3 blades. Then I went into the office to turn the fans back on. It took about 5 minutes. Praise the lord.

Did you take initiative?  Was everyone blessed?  Do you have at least a dozen photos to offer up as evidence that this happened?

Come on - don't leave us in suspense! :kitty-wink:

4 hours ago, Kira said:

I don't think Melanie and Nathan will use an "E" name. Drew is just a nickname. In the pregnancy announcement they listed him as Andrew. I predict that they'll go with Benjamin or Deborah.

That's what I think also as stated earlier. Benjamin for a boy. Deborah or Danielle for a girl. Will see in a few weeks. 

Did you take initiative?  Was everyone blessed?  Do you have at least a dozen photos to offer up as evidence that this happened?
Come on - don't leave us in suspense! :kitty-wink:

Taking a picture of the fans would identify where I work, and I like to be anonymous as possible. I'm sure my boss was very blessed, and coworker took the initiative after the boss told him to get off his cell phone and work. Which I should be doing right now.

On 2/2/2017 at 6:22 PM, VooDooChild said:

It goes back to Stevehovah's proud pronouncement that his children "don't read--they write!" But you can't possibly learn how to write well unless you read well--and widely. He's too much of a literal, linear thinker to grasp the fact, or the concept of nuance.

15 minutes ago, Hane said:

It goes back to Stevehovah's proud pronouncement that his children "don't read--they write!" But you can't possibly learn how to write well unless you read well--and widely. He's too much of a literal, linear thinker to grasp the fact, or the concept of nuance.

Precisely. When authors give advice to budding writers, top of pretty much every list is "read, read, read".

8 minutes ago, Hane said:

I can't even comprehend not allowing your children to read.  Didn't Teri once complain about disobedient children in a book were influencing the boys' behavior?  Little House on the Prairie, I think, but she didn't outright say it.  These people had no business having children if they couldn't figure out how to use that as a teachable moment.  And heaven forbid their children be allowed to use the imagination Dog gave them.  

I hope this makes sense.  My husband, daughter, and two parakeets are all jabbering in my ear at once.

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Precisely. When authors give advice to budding writers, top of pretty much every list is "read, read, read".

Read, read, read, and write, write, write. Repeat for the rest of your life.

New post on "making life exciting".  Flashlights in the basement with a cookie reward.  OK then...

http://blog.titus2.com/2017/02/06/making-life-exciting/

(A cookie hunt is a cute thing to do for young kids but if they were a little less afraid to go out amongst the heathens and actually live their lives out in the world, they wouldn't need to come up with things to do to spice up their lives)

2 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

New post on "making life exciting".  Flashlights in the basement with a cookie reward.  OK then...

All I could think was, "What. The. Hail." I grew up in a house with a dirt-floor basement and a furnace that made the one in "HomeAlone" look beneficent. Even when we moved to a newly built house, my sisters and I used to go with each other to the basement. And NEVER in the dark.

Those children are beautiful. And in both cooky-related posts, the older girl looks to be over it all. #Free~Whichever~Maxtot~She~Is!

My first thought was that one or all of those kids is afraid of the basement (as many children are) and their parents are looking for a way to make them get over that fear. I probably would just start playing with my kids down there with plenty of lights on but I guess sending them down in the dark is another option. :my_confused:

I also noticed that Ruthanne rarely seems to smile. She looks like a sad child to me. I hope I did not just set her up for her daddy to beat the happy into her. Those poor kids. They are certainly beautiful but their life is probably quite ugly. 

At first I was like "I'd never let my kids poke around in the basement in the dark!" You know, with sharp objects, mouse poison, spider webs, tripping hazards...

then I realized that this is the Maxwells and their basement is probably cleaner than my whole house and not a catch all for seasonal decorations lol 

When I was growing up we had a really rough basement but we still used it for television and laundry. My parents put a very simple bathroom down there. When the main bathroom was occupied (four kids-it usually was) it was awful...AWFUL...when our mom said "You'll have to take your shower in the basement."  I was sure I was going to be cut to pieces during my shower or a giant snake would slither up through the drain and squeeze me to death. I don't think I ever fully rinsed the shampoo out of my hair during basement showers. You had to hurry to save your own life!!!

This is the Maxwell version of an Easter egg hunt. I feel like this is what all fundies do. They take an activity the majority of people engage in, tweak it, slap a new name on it and then pat themselves on the back for being a visionary. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived