IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

11 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I laughed at the fact that the e-mail he listed was John@BibleDirectionForLife. I'm a bad person. 

Phew, $1,250 to Kelly for spousal support and $1,353 for the kids. 

Kelly is also the sole decision-maker regarding the children. Old Peter must have really screwed the pooch...

Spousal support is not legally mandated in the state of WA so though it may be documented, if he doesn't pay it, it cannot be enforced.  CS is legally mandated and enforceable, but $1,353/mo is pathetic for 6 kids ($225.50 per child per month!).  It is, however, based on income, which is rather telling about Petey's success in the real estate business.  That's where I feel the worst for Kelly.  It's just not enough.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

TL:DR: Sometimes judges are extremely cautious and supervised visitation is given "just in case." I've heard of judges around here mandating supervised visitation because one of the parties committed adultery and so was considered "morally unfit." 

Yep.  All of the above.

As the divorce papers are finally public, I've been sitting uncomfortably on some insider information for a few weeks.  I was not asked to keep it confidential but I chose not post it here because:

• Although the sources seemed very reliable the info was 2nd or third hand.
  • Some of it was really inflammatory and information that, if true, Kelly almost certainly wants to keep private.
  • It was, and still is, not clear to me how much was exaggerated in an effort to bring Peter down.  Peter has pissed off the VF crowd and Scott Brown by confronting Doug Phillips.  "Morally unfit" in Fundieland, or to some judges,  isn't necessarily what I consider "unfit" to be around children, although I think cheaters are absolutely disgraceful.

So, and still leaving out unnecessary and inflammatory stuff, and possible Fundie salacious gossip and exaggeration (don't ask):

• Peter Bradrick is a vile hypocrite.  Kelly has been deeply wronged.
  • It appears that Peter Bradrick has been leading a double life for years.  
  • He has apparently admitted to cheating with both men and women - which explains the "no girlfriend or boyfriend" in the visitation agreement.

Mileage may vary on this, but if Peter Bradrick is bi-sexual or gay that is not a moral failing in my book.  Being bi or gay in the VF circles must, as we all know, be incredibly hard.  So must be being forced to hide your sexual orientation.  Being bi or gay does not render you unfit to be around children unsupervised, although many of his former friends probably think so.

Peter Bradrick is a disgrace but he seems to have come clean on a lot of this in court.  He had better keep up with the child support and alimony payments.  It is the very least he can do.

Poor Kelly.

:boom:

Holy shit, Palimpsest! (I still don't know how to tag people; can you believe that?) This makes me sad. I guess I really wanted to believe that Peter was an honest guy who tried to do the right thing regarding Tool. Wow...

When oh when is it EVER going to occur to this crowd that raising kids the way they do leads to hidden sexual identities, affairs and betrayals.  Over and over and over again.  Ugh.

Not surprised that Peter admitted to cheating with both women and men.  And I would be lying if I said the immediate thought of one of the men he cheated with was...DPIART.  Running for the brain bleach but...yeah, I think it's a distinct possibility.

27 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Holy shit, Palimpsest! (I still don't know how to tag people; can you believe that?) This makes me sad. I guess I really wanted to believe that Peter was an honest guy who tried to do the right thing regarding Tool. Wow...

Perhaps he was on the level about that.  Doug was his mentor with feet of clay and the spiritual betrayal must have been huge.  With many of these people the struggle against their own sexuality is very real and extraordinarily painful - and the indoctrination that homosexuality is evil and should be punished by death is so strong. 

My source, and I consider them very reliable, said the cheating had gone on for years - but I don't know when it started.  The very exposure of the Tool and Peter's questioning of his beliefs may have set him on this path.  I think the whole thing is awful but the men who grew up in this system are victims of it too.  Not that I am excusing Peter's behavior at all.

You tag by typing @posters name.  The poster's name should show up in a window to click.  It's not always reliable. 

27 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

When oh when is it EVER going to occur to this crowd that raising kids the way they do leads to hidden sexual identities, affairs and betrayals.  Over and over and over again.  Ugh.

Not surprised that Peter admitted to cheating with both women and men.  And I would be lying if I said the immediate thought of one of the men he cheated with was...DPIART.  Running for the brain bleach but...yeah, I think it's a distinct possibility.

My immediate thought was about a very dramatic Facebook post about "relationship meltdowns" that John Robert Moore shared in December. Probably unrelated, but those two have known each other forever, and John flat-out stated here on FJ that he'd had sexual experiences with other VF men.

I'm damn sure that all the "I'm so straight, really I am straight" VF men are scrambling to disclaim any friendship with Peter Bradrick.  Especially, IMO, Darnell and crush-on-Bradrick Caleb.  Darnell's hatred of both gays and women has been obvious for years.

Wow, another fundie situation where I feel badly for both the wronged and the person doing the wrong. I'm not letting Peter off the hook, but knowing that in a different life he could have discovered his sexuality and been supported in his sexual identity--and potentially not brought Kelly and six children along for the rollercoaster ride--is very sad. How incredibly unhealthy it is to discourage sexuality, in whatever form it takes.  

I realize that sexuality is fluid and some people are truly bisexual. But I think Bradrick is gay, not bi. He probably lied about fooling around with women because, to him, that's somewhat less disgraceful then fooling around with men.

I remember one Facebook post where he wrote that he often left the house before the kids were awake and came back long after they were asleep. He implied that this was because of his real estate job. But it was probably so he could keep up with his trysts.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived