IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

I think in some BuB clip Gil said how Bobby had mentioned wanting to court Tori, but that he (Gil) said that they should get to know each other first. 

It's all a much better system than the Maxwell system. During their month-long (!!!) courtship, Joseph and Elizabeth barely saw each other. They were then engaged for two months. They'd barely seen each other before the courtship. The way the story was told, it sounds like Joseph was mostly communicating with Elizabeth's DAD throughout. No wonder Elizabeth fled for the hills.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I think in some BuB clip Gil said how Bobby had mentioned wanting to court Tori, but that he (Gil) said that they should get to know each other first. 

Sounds like Bobby wasn't familiar with the courtship model so Gil told him that they should wait to enter a courtship. Probably one of the most sensible things that man has ever said.

I have a feeling Bobby doesn't like the courtship model, and wants to do things his way. However, the show will probably stage Bobby asking Gil to court Tori.

On 1/26/2017 at 0:22 PM, justmy2cents said:

Sounds like Bobby wasn't familiar with the courtship model so Gil told him that they should wait to enter a courtship. Probably one of the most sensible things that man has ever said.

It used to mean "I want to pursue her to see if we want each other for marriage, Girl's Dad," rather than "we call it courting but actually we mean engaged." So I wouldn't blame Bobby for being confused, but I agree it's good Gil said that based on their singular definition of it. He's a very emotional person and I supposed that can sometimes work in a girl's favor as well as against it. They are letting him be her boyfriend first (which really just means the old-fashioned version of courting for them, but whatever.)

If that title is a sign of how the episode is gonna go, I'm glad to not be paying for cable. Yikes.

3 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

If that title is a sign of how the episode is gonna go, I'm glad to not be paying for cable. Yikes.

I certainly wouldn't pay for UpTV, it just happens to be included in the TV package that features channels I watch frequently. Although, I do like Supernanny, which Up runs in the mornings.

On 1/27/2017 at 0:15 AM, RosyDaisy said:

I have a feeling Bobby doesn't like the courtship model, and wants to do things his way. However, the show will probably stage Bobby asking Gil to court Tori.

Next week's episode. The pics of them on a Florida beach were in fact the courtship proposal, as we suspected at the time.

Here's the promo for the episode. Looks like Gil & Kelly are talking about their evolving courtship standard (6 inch rule, lol... another courtship ruler?). The last scene, they totally look like they're going to kiss, GASP... Seems like a kiss on the forehead, but isn't it racy for the fundies anyway? Even Jeremy wouldn't dare...

6 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Here's the promo for the episode. Looks like Gil & Kelly are talking about their evolving courtship standard (6 inch rule, lol... another courtship ruler?). The last scene, they totally look like they're going to kiss, GASP... Seems like a kiss on the forehead, but isn't it racy for the fundies anyway? Even Jeremy wouldn't dare...

I agree on the forehead kiss. And he loves her? I thought courtship was so you wouldn't give away a piece of your heart, but if he loves her I guess he's already done that.

22 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

I thought Jeremy did kiss her forehead...

15 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

And the look on Tori's face, is almost like what are you doing? You wanna kiss?? 

Reminds me of Now and Then. "Have you ever tongue kissed a boy?" "Are you kidding? I don't want to get pregnant!" 

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Are we sure this is a courtship and not engagement? He has a ring box in his hand .... 

It must be courtship - they wouldn't want to cut ratings by skipping right to the proposal. And, didn't Tori's older sisters get gifts when they entered courtships? I don't remember Erin, but Alyssa got a necklace (so Tori could well be getting a necklace), and Michael got the golden rose.

On the Tori subject, Kelly said something in the last episode about it. About how they are pressed together a lot. Didn't she? And I think the idea was for Tori to finish school. That she was bound and determined to get that degree and so they've held her off to make that happen..

What was up with Carlin going to Australia? There's no earthly way they'd let her marry an Australian. Gil is better than JimBoob about letting his sons in laws have lives outside of his family but they act like Chicago is visiting another land. How would they deal with Australia? Unless this is a Derrick thing? Are they vacationing/being a missionary in Australia and she went out there to pull a Jill? 

Tori and Bobby seem to have a somewhat normal relationship. They truly look infatuated with one another and I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they have a slip-up like Zach and Whitney.

It seems Bobby and rest of the Bateseseses clan like each other (I tell this after watching short clip on uptv.com where they were helping Bobby with suprise for Tori). When I remember how awkward were scenes with Duggar siblings and Ben or Derrick, ough. Even Kelly looks natural in that staged phone call with Bobby.

I think they all are doing great job with avoiding awkwardness we know so much from 19KAC or CO. I wonder if they watch Duggars and draw own conclusions by themselves or the producers of the show give them advice.

37 minutes ago, titerlitury said:

I think they all are doing great job with avoiding awkwardness we know so much from 19KAC or CO. I wonder if they watch Duggars and draw own conclusions by themselves or the producers of the show give them advice.

I think they are just naturally less awkward than the Duggars. The Duggars are awkward folks and can't really fake stuff for reality tv. Reality tv is never real, everything is planned and staged, the Bates are naturally able to pull this off, while the Duggars just look awkward as hell. 

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think they are just naturally less awkward than the Duggars. The Duggars are awkward folks and can't really fake stuff for reality tv. Reality tv is never real, everything is planned and staged, the Bates are naturally able to pull this off, while the Duggars just look awkward as hell. 

I'm curious, when you were apart of Gothards ministry did you know the Duggar's and the Bates personality? 

Totally thought that promo screenshot was of Michael and Brandon. Never realized before how much of a resemblance Michael and Tori share. 

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 2:10 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Try Scotch with NO ice. It's gonna be a LONG evening.                                                                                                                  My thoughts go back to Josh Duggar's engagement. He started that no kissing crap! Well, we see how well experienced he is now. I just wonder if he had decided to just kiss on the forehead or cheek...would his other siblings decide to do the same. Remember it was Josh's idea!  Sure we knew other fundies who practiced this for decades but they are not famous. Josh made that crap mainstream.                      

An anti kissing storybook was published in 2000. It was pretty widespread in fundie circles before Josh Duggar, I think. Just one of those things. At a purity conference we saw a few testimony videos and at another conference we turned the story (The Princess and the Kiss) into a skit. 

Bringing Up Bates  Twitter posted "Help us congratulate Torino and Bobby on their new courtship."

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

Bringing Up Bates  Twitter posted "Help us congratulate Torino and Bobby on their new courtship."

Torino and Bobby dang now I want pizza rolls! Thanks dude! Yes I know that was a typo I just immediately thought of pizza rolls!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived