IGNORED

The Putman Family (cult) on TLC

ChickenettiLuvr

And now .... extending the Creep Level exponentially by the new family's show following Counting On.

Edited by ChickenettiLuvr
adverb, not adjective
  • Upvote 10

This show just started tonight following Counting On.  Let's see what this weirdness is all about....

• Upvote 6

There is something seriously fucked up about this arrangement.  It looks like all the kids are sleeping in a dorm rather than with their family.  Why on earth would you do this???

• Upvote 11

Wow -- Only 11 minutes in, and it's all 50 Shades of Crazy-Weird going on.  Yuck.

And TWO freakin' bathrooms?  That is utterly disgusting.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I'm amazed that I haven't seen any advertising for this at all!
Also, are we going to be watching the construction of the TTH Pt. 2?

• Upvote 9

It sounds to me like TCL is promoting this family to replace the Duggars. From reading the article that @MarblesMom posted, it sounds like TLC has read several of the complaints we have about the Duggars and is doing what it feels will be able to rectify these complaints. We all know it won't work; that's just TLC's mindset. If enough people buy into them, they'll have their replacement for the Duggars. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, bluesargent said:

I'm amazed that I haven't seen any advertising for this at all!

Who would watch?  We're here by accident.

• Upvote 6

24 minutes in and I am once again glad I am an empty nester.  

Why are they not shopping at Sam's Club or Costco?  

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

I'm watching the Putman family show. After hearing the kind of upbringing the father had. I get why he wants everyone around him. But I just think its weird that all of them live in that one house. 

• Upvote 15

The daughter and her second-year-resident husband (the one who changed his last name to Putman) want to move closer to the hospital where he works because it's such a long commute from the "commune."  I can't believe the family is actually voting on whether to "allow" them to move!

Edited by watchdog
name riffle
  • Upvote 29
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 2

How freakishly weird is it?!  Like "someone died" because they want to move closer to work?!

• Upvote 13

Uh huh.  Tell me one more time how this enmeshed, weird-ass bunch isn't a cult.  

• Upvote 15

Um, if you have to have permission to move out, as an adult, you aren't living in a normal house.  The world is full of crazy people and TLC is making it much more vivid. 

• Upvote 24

Holy god! This is fucked up. Why in the name of Jesus would an adult, need their family's permission to move out? This isn't even a compound, this is one house. Ugh. No. 

• Upvote 9