IGNORED

Girl Defined

onlysaneperson

I'm still not sure Bethany and her husband even had sex at this point . They are so uncomfortable and awkward  with each other ..

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Their video about how hard it is to "manage a house" came up on my youtube suggestions this morning. At the end it is basically an ad for one of those meal in a box services. But the content prior to that...

Bethany goes on and on about how she and Dave went on a vacation and it all went awry because they had no idea how the other liked to spend vacations. I don't know, maybe get to know someone completely before you marry them. And also try communicating. Either of those things, or better yet, a combination of the two would alleviate that problem pretty easily. 

Then she goes on about how hard it is to do laundry and she had no idea it was so hard. Isn't she nearly 30? How does one reach that age and not how to do laundry? And laundry for a stay at home wife and a guy who is probably wearing clothes that are dry cleaned to work  can't be that hard or even that much. It's not like he comes home with clothes  smelling like cat food with herring in it (first five years of my marriage...but I also knew how to do laundry because I was an adult and it didn't stress me out). 

They both go on and on about how hard it is to clean the house and buy groceries and cook a meal. "Cooking takes forevvvvvvverrrrrrrr" was repeated about 95 times. 

And all I could think was that this nonsense comes from living at home with mommy and daddy well into adulthood, and, obviously, these two were pampered princesses that never had to do anything. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Welp, they’ve had the sex at least once. Bethy and Dav are expecting, announced with a song, of course. The sibling rivalry with these girls is going to get intense and emotional with this development.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Welp, they’ve had the sex at least once. Bethy and Dav are expecting, announced with a song, of course. The sibling rivalry with these girls is going to get intense and emotional with this development.

Oh, lovely. I assume that those two are working on a series of videos with parenting advice as we speak. They were giving marriage advice 15 minutes after the honeymoon ended, so why not? 

And I do feel bad for Kristin. Seriously. That has to be hard. All these years of infertility and then your sister gets pregnant before her first anniversary. It can't be easy. But I'm sure there will be a video about how joyful in the Lord she is about it all because that's what is required of her. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Ugggghhhhh. Don’t bring a kid into this disaster marriage...,

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Well, the Bethy and Dav baby might be entertaining for us, but think of the poor baby in this situation.  I see a lot of baby overalls in the future.

• Upvote 3

Wow, if she's whining about doing laundry for 2 adults, shes gonna go bonkers when she sees how much laundry kids add. I think our clothing/linens laundry about doubled when we had a baby, and we also did cloth diapers (ditched the service and have washed them ourselves since he was 3 months old). Laundry room mental breakdown in 3, 2, 1...

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, lovely. I assume that those two are working on a series of videos with parenting advice as we speak. They were giving marriage advice 15 minutes after the honeymoon ended, so why not? 

And I do feel bad for Kristin. Seriously. That has to be hard. All these years of infertility and then your sister gets pregnant before her first anniversary. It can't be easy. But I'm sure there will be a video about how joyful in the Lord she is about it all because that's what is required of her. 

She's already issued an insta post that is...kinda this vibe? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1G1_swnqrX/

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

And Bethany is pregnant at the same time that Kristen had her third miscarriage.

I feel for her, honestly :( 

• Upvote 3

I can’t imagine how tense things are between the two right now. Bethy always comes off as pretty tone deaf. I feel like this is probably the beginning of the end. 

• Upvote 3

Kristen acted quite superior when she was married for many years and Bethany was single.  For that reason, I can’t feel too badly for Kristen, as I do for most women struggling to conceive and/or stay pregnant.  

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, closetcagebaby said:

I can’t imagine how tense things are between the two right now. Bethy always comes off as pretty tone deaf. I feel like this is probably the beginning of the end. 

Not going to lie. I hope this is the beginning of the end of Girl Defined. They spread garbage in the name of Christianity. I would love for them to both zip it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, Closed Womb said:

Kristen acted quite superior when she was married for many years and Bethany was single.  For that reason, I can’t feel too badly for Kristen, as I do for most women struggling to conceive and/or stay pregnant.  

And also, perhaps (hypothetically!) Bethany has experienced a lot of grief too during her single years, perhaps even for the same reason as Kristen: wanting but not being able to start a family. I feel like this (single people wanting to start a family/have kids but not being able to due to the fact of not having a partner) often does not get enough recognition.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

And also, perhaps (hypothetically!) Bethany has experienced a lot of grief too during her single years, perhaps even for the same reason as Kristen: wanting but not being able to start a family. I feel like this (single people wanting to start a family/have kids but not being able to due to the fact of not having a partner) often does not get enough recognition.

I think they’ve both been equally fucked over by fundie land and I hope that one day they realize that. 

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they’ve both been equally fucked over by fundie land and I hope that one day they realize that. 

I hope so too. However my guess is they will unfortunately raise a new generation of  very fundie/homophobic kids. Hopefully their kids won't be gay....I already feel bad for these kids but that would be even worse.

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, CaseyGrace said:

Screenshot_20190815-210445.png

My BEC translation of this: “Everybody needs to stop asking how my sister is doing and and just congratulate ME!” 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

The fact that she speaks about her being single for 8 years before she mentions Kristen's infertility is very telling, IMHO. As if those are equivalent things. 

Edited by bal maiden
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Giraffe said:

My BEC translation of this: “Everybody needs to stop asking how my sister is doing and and just congratulate ME!” 

Yep! That’s exactly it. She was salty as fuck when her sister was married long before her. Now she gets to be the one everyone focuses on. And you better stop talking about Kristin. It’s the Bethy show now.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

No matter what, I do feel sorry for Kristin. Third miscarriage right around the time her sister announces her pregnancy, and the first two miscarriages were early ones while this one was later than them and she got to hear her baby's heartbeat before finding out they're gone soon after must be extremely painful. I mean, I feel sorry for Bethy too. She's the new Smuggella of the family, but she's married to a gay man who is so not into her that he even slips up on camera. I feel sorry for Dave too. I don't like any of these people, but I pity them.

• Upvote 7

Honestly, I am an atheist, but the whole "children are a blessing" thing vs. infertility would make me turn away from God so quickly. Michael Bates for example. The idea dat God a) placed you as the oldest girl in a family with 18 siblings that you have to take care of for many many years. and b) then God apparently deciding that not having kids yourself, when you so desperately want to, is the best plan he has in store for you? If I believed in God I would be so, so dissapointed. But perhaps believing that there is a plan behind it all and a purpose does...help in a way. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Oh wow! So Bethany is basically saying “Meh. *shrugs shoulders* She got married first.  I’m having a baby first. We’re even.”  

Nice sister, that Bitchany. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Oh wow! So Bethany is basically saying “Meh. *shrugs shoulders* She got married first.  I’m having a baby first. We’re even.”  

Nice sister, that Bitchany. 

Yes! You said it better than I did. This is exactly how it came across. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic