IGNORED

Girl Defined

onlysaneperson

It will be on August 3-4, 2018 "Love Defined: Discovering Gods Vision for Lasting Love and Satisfying Relationships"

They've already got a date and a title for next year's conference. And I think I need to correct myself. That's probably also the title for their new book that comes out in spring/summer 2018. 

And here's a highlight video from the conference. There are also a few live streams from the conference on their Facebook page, if anyone feels like watching. 

16 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

They've already got a date and a title for next year's conference. And I think I need to correct myself. That's probably also the title for their new book that comes out in spring/summer 2018. 

And here's a highlight video from the conference. There are also a few live streams from the conference on their Facebook page, if anyone feels like watching. 

For professional speakers they are.... talking fast, like not like engaging like the audience and like talking like about the stuff they like are selling fer shurrr.  

• Upvote 2

For a moment I misread the video title as 'Racial Purity', whoops!  As punishment for my mistake, I made myself watch the video (though with no sound).  No it's not 100% white but it's close.

• Upvote 5

They are currently battling themselves with another youtuber and it is about to get dirty - not yet, but perfect snark material.

Atheist Jacklyn Glenn commented one of their videos.

And now they put out this:

Jacklyn already promised to continue her series on girldefined ministries. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, rosastrohhut said:

And now they put out this:

Jacklyn already promised to continue her series on girldefined ministries. 

This is very catty/BEC. You were warned: 

But these two need to cut off some of that over processed stringy hair. It looks awful. 

I don't feel too mean bringing it up because they are appearance obsessed and fairly nasty people. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

But these two need to cut off some of that over processed stringy hair. It looks awful. 

I don't feel too mean bringing it up because they are appearance obsessed and fairly nasty people. 

They need Sassy Gay Friends Stat

• Upvote 5

I am looking forward to their response, but my guess is they will ignore it for now. They are "classy" and are not going to get out of their light pink bubble. 

Their target audience is not going to be impressed by an atheist and most are preteens/teens and highly monitored by their parents. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

That was amazing!  I hope this feud goes on forever, mmmhmmmm, okaaay!

I was just wondering... Do we have any other parodies of fundies that made it into mainstream YouTube? I mean GirlDefined will get more attention from non-fundies now, but they are not bigger than the Duggars (although GirlDefined has an actual concept... which is not true for the Dillard ministry e.g.) 

It will be a short time till a newspaper picks it up, at least that's my guess. "Christian youth ministry vs atheist youtuber". 

I tell you guys this is not yet it... 

3 minutes ago, rosastrohhut said:

I was just wondering... Do we have any other parodies of fundies that made it into mainstream YouTube? 

I believe there was a parody of the Duggars.

I personally would love to see a parody of Lori Alexander's YouTube videos.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Kid Farm!

(I loved the scene where "Michelle" gives an apple to each of the kids as they climb on the school bus, which does a 360 around the driveway right back to the front door.)

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, smittykins said:

Kid Farm!

(I loved the scene where "Michelle" gives an apple to each of the kids as they climb on the school bus, which does a 360 around the driveway right back to the front door.)

Yeah, I looked it up yesterday. Hilarious! But the fact that I have beendet on fj for six years and only now realised it existed shows it is not that mainstream. Jackelyn on the other hand is.

Jackelyn Glenn is emerging to being one of the bigger channels. Sie was battling herself with Onision and people are waiting for him to respond to this situation. 

Has anyone read the GirlDefined book btw? 

Yes I have. I can have a look at it again when I'm at home :) 

I thought it was easier to read than their blog posts. Probably because they had an editor :D But the questions in the study guide were really stupid, almost as stupid as the ones in Lies Young Women Believe. You always know what you're supposed to answer because they phrase it in a way that you know there's only one "right" answer. 

A lot of the stories can actually be found on the blog, too. The one about modelling and Bethany on the basketball team... 

• Upvote 1

What really annoys me about those two is that it is sooooo obvious that looks are very important to them (nothing wrong with that, but just be honest about it) and that is also one of the main reasons why they have fans: they are pretty and fashionable. If you are really that modest and blablabla: why not just make a less 'perfect' video with less 'perfect' hair/make-up/etc. for once? 

They annoy me the same way some girls (an exception ofcourse!!!) who have been in a relationship forever can annoy me (I have been single for over 6 years now, happy and content 75% of the time, a bit lonely/missing a partner 25% of the time) with their 'advice'; "Once you stop looking, you will find him" , "You have got to love yourself first", "Ohhh you are SO lucky. I wish I was still single!!!" 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

When they did their summer book study, they always had a give away in each session. In the one about beauty where everything was about "you don't need to adhere to the world's  beauty standards yada yada yada", they gave away... a lipstick because make up is soooo fun! 

I think it was a rather bright red or pink, but I'm not sure. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, kpmom said:

I believe there was a parody of the Duggars.

I personally would love to see a parody of Lori Alexander's YouTube videos.

TJ Kirk has parodied Josh Feuerstein.  His version is Josh Moronstein.

On 7/20/2017 at 9:28 AM, louisa05 said:

As Willam Belli once said, "those aren't split ends, those are, like, divorced ends."

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

As Willam Belli once said, "those aren't split ends, those are, like, divorced ends."

:pb_lol:

I would sympathize with them if they weren't deplorable people. I have pretty fine hair and it can start looking pretty stringy on the ends when it grows out. I recently had four inches cut off because it was looking pretty nasty. But they also need to do a few things to help themselves. Stop over processing it for starters. Accept that you aren't that blonde anymore and live with it. Bleach is bad for your fine hair. Find a good colorist and go a to a darker, warmer blonde color.  And have it blunt cut on the bottom as that really helps it not look so thin and stringy when it is long. Finally, for the love of hair, get it trimmed more often so those ends aren't in divorce court! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

:pb_lol:

I would sympathize with them if they weren't deplorable people. I have pretty fine hair and it can start looking pretty stringy on the ends when it grows out. I recently had four inches cut off because it was looking pretty nasty. But they also need to do a few things to help themselves. Stop over processing it for starters. Accept that you aren't that blonde anymore and live with it. Bleach is bad for your fine hair. Find a good colorist and go a to a darker, warmer blonde color.  And have it blunt cut on the bottom as that really helps it not look so thin and stringy when it is long. Finally, for the love of hair, get it trimmed more often so those ends aren't in divorce court! 

Yeah, I'm one to talk; I've gotten my hair to the longest it's been in years (just about to the back band of my bra), and I really love it, but it's getting a bit stringy, not to mention hard to wrangle in the humidity. And my ends are so frayed and nasty right now. I'm going to call up my hair salon tomorrow to see if I can booked to get it cut to collarbone; it's a little Single White Female of me, but most of the time when I go to the salon, I just show them a picture of Kate Middleton and say "I want that" (her color and texture are similar to mine...but I can only dream of my hair being that shiny and perfect). I really like her new length, so that's what I'll likely go for. Though I also get major hair envy from Carlin Bates, and her shorter do looks great too.

And agreed on the blonde. Bleach is very, very harsh, and these ladies use waaayyyy too much of it. And I wonder how bleaching and processing the everloving crap out of their hair fits into their whole "God made us perfect and awesome and don't dispute God's plan" schtick. I guess God's will applies to everything but your hair color.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

And on it goes... This now is a meta-video on the topic by a Christian who says of herself to be more liberal at times than Jaclyn and identifies the Christian Barbies aka Girl Defined as fundamentalists. 

Very bizarre.

• Upvote 1

Oh my. I haven't watched any of the videos yet, but it looks like I should. This is getting really dirty. Maybe they should meet and fight. A wholesome, old-fashioned pillow fight! :D 

But Jaclyn is right. The mhmmm always makes it impossible for me to watch their videos. 

Because I'm joyless and boring I'd personally draw the line at slagging off their mode of expression and mannerism. People can't help or control how they speak or their mannerisms, and it is very not fun to feel like you have to act all the time lest someone make fun of you.

The content, on the other hand...

• Jinder Roles changed the title to How to Wear Makeup In A God-Houring Way (Video)
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic