IGNORED

Girl Defined

onlysaneperson

They Post every Wednesday and it gets more hilarious every week. At the moment they are answering "Fan questions" they supposedly got. Check it out. The answers seem to be directly out of an ATI textbook - ot do fundies all sound the same?

• Upvote 1

I guess they're pretty happy Hillary didn't win.  Although it'd be nice if their rules for posting selfies was forwarded to the selfie-loving Kardashians.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

I guess they're pretty happy Hillary didn't win.  Although it'd be nice if their rules for posting selfies was forwarded to the selfie-loving Kardashians.

1. B/c I got good selfie lighting and want to give myself a little shot of self esteem

2. Likes

3. Me? But aren't we all made in God's image, therefore...

4. Take their own selfies and feel great about themselves too.

5. Who cares?

• Upvote 10

Oh look, dolled up young girls bashing women with oppinions different from their own in order to be more attractive to their immideate social circle / guys, including vocal frying, very nice.

Haven't seen that one before...

Edited by eveandadam
  • Upvote 16

So funny that selfies are bad and wrong, but self-congratulatory videos are A-OK!  But isn't it always the way?  The media of one generation is automatically right, whereas that of the one directly below is BAD!!! and WRONG!!! to a certain smug type!

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Kariina said:

3. Me? But aren't we all made in God's image, therefore

No! According to Dave of lori's blog only men are made in the image of God.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

Ohhhhhh! My bad. I forgot women are in a sub-folder of humanity...

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

So women are another species alltogehter? It seems like a lot of men are actually thinking this.

Also: how old are these two girls? I don't even think they are girls, more liek 24 years old, maybe?! Sorry, if they say it int he video, I really didn't want to watch the whole thing, I got to the first minute, that's it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

So women are another species alltogehter? It seems like a lot of men are actually thinking this.

Also: how old are these two girls? I don't even think they are girls, more liek 24 years old, maybe?! Sorry, if they say it int he video, I really didn't want to watch the whole thing, I got to the first minute, that's it.

The older one is almost thirty, so mid-late twenties. 

One is married and has been for years and one is single (and every second topic is how to pray for your future husband, how to glorify g'd as a single girl - if it was any other topic they were talking about you'd say they are obsessed and desperate). 

They also wrote a book. Girl defined (how clever) and their YouTube channel (and influence) is growing. 

They somehow fascinate me. Their fake concerned looks, their desperate scripture quoting and forcefeeding biblical texts down their throats (they have understood nothing about the hebrew bible whatsoever - or are too ignorant to recognize the beauty of the metaphors, characters and topics discussed). 

Fun fact: both "girls" are taller than 6feet! Nearer to you, my g'd... nearer to you ;)

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, eveandadam said:

The younger one, the one who kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst, is 28.  The married one is 30.  I googled them because I wanted to know how old the unmarried one is, because she looks old to still be a single fundie.  Not because I'm weird.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

They are that "old" and still talk like that? What?! I was just so confused because what is coming out of their mouths and the age they look don't add up at all. They talk like highschoolers as college is usually the latest stage that women realize there is something called sexism out there, if they don't realize it much earlier, anyway.

• Upvote 3

On 16/01/2017 at 11:04 PM, louisa05 said:

I am browsing their blog. I just can't with these two. A kiss is a "very expensive treasure box" and one must not just be a virgin at the altar but also a "mind-virgin". And if that doesn't make you feel like vomiting, "3 Reasons Jesus is More Satisfying Than Cute Guys" should do it. 

If being a virgin is when you've never had sex, is being a mind virgin when you've never used your mind?

• Upvote 38
  • Haha 2

What the hell did I just watch?  Fundie Valley Girls on Crack?

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

They are so blonde and judgmental.

To be fair, I am also blonde and judgmental. :my_biggrin:

7 hours ago, BobTheWalrus said:

If being a virgin is when you've never had sex, is being a mind virgin when you've never used your mind?

There are too many ways to riff on that concept. Where to even start...

• Upvote 4

Could not get through the video and doubt the high schoolers and middle schoolers can stand them either: adults trying to look cool are not cool.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

adults trying to look cool are not cool.

They were trying to look cool? I thought they were so 1980s.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

They were trying to look cool? I thought they were so 1980s.

Like the youth minister who tries so so hard to be the youth (Joshua Harris) but is a complete doofus at best.  And their target audience is a bit well overly sheltered.

Oh dear Lord they are like legally blonde without anything resembling a brain!

• Upvote 4

They had a conference... And it seemed to have been fairly well booked. Topic: radical purity (what else...)

• 4 weeks later...

The Radical Purity is this year's conference (In June, I think). The footage is from last year, where the title was... Girl Defined, I guess. They're also planning to write a second book about relating to guys which is to be published in 2018... I think it might be called Radical Purity :D 

i actually own the Girl Defined book. It's a little bit better than their blog posts (which I usually don't read because it is way too offensive) and I read it with a bunch of girls, well, the best part of it were the discussions we had. But they allow jobs outside the home, at least when you're single :D if it passes the "does it glorify God and is this a good idea to do that now" test. 

They're also big fans of Demoss and Bethany writes on the Lies Young Women Believe Website... The book was the worst book for Christian girls that I read so far (I still have to read the Helpmeet books :D)... so compared to that book, theirs is way better (in my opinion). But it's still problematic, especially when you want to apply all of that on your personal life which I guess is what most of the girls that read it think they should do... 

• 1 month later...

The standard for fundies are so low that I'm impressed they're willing to talk about topics like sex and masturbation - some fundies won't even say the words. And they wear pants. 

They're so pretty and trendy that I feel like I'm being brainwashed. Someone send me some rescue ferrets; I'm knee-deep in their blog (instead of writing my paper) and fighting the urge to get a purity ring. 

They blend so well into mainstream and that's what makes them dangerous. 

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

See I am single and I get sooo annoyed by all this 'advice' by married christian girls. Somehow they seem to think that once you are married you are allowed and qualified to teach all those superficial single girls out there, about what is REALLY important in a future spouse.

Why this whole idea that you know more/are more mature/more wise when you have found a partner? 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

See I am single and I get sooo annoyed by all this 'advice' by married christian girls. Somehow they seem to think that once you are married you are allowed and qualified to teach all those superficial single girls out there, about what is REALLY important in a future spouse.

Why this whole idea that you know more/are more mature/more wise when you have found a partner? 

Maybe it's because of the whole idea that getting married magically transforms you from child to adult (forget actual life experiences, getting an actual education, holding a job, etc.), and because getting married is pretty much the highest achievement expected/desired of a fundie woman. I'm sure the thinking goes, "well, I'm now magically an adult who knows everything, and I've achieved everything I'm supposed to do with my life, so now I'm in a position to train others".

Also, if I may go a bit off-topic, it reminds me of how I get a bit annoyed by the social media posts where some women (most definitely not all) go on about how they know better than doctors/teachers or are as qualified/equivalent to those professions because they have children.

• Upvote 7

• Jinder Roles changed the title to How to Wear Makeup In A God-Houring Way (Video)
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic