IGNORED

Girl Defined

onlysaneperson

10 hours ago, Firebird said:

@Lisafer I haven't been diagnosed with OCD, but holy cow I feel you pain. Can I ask if you are religious now? 

I left Christianity a couple years ago and follow a witch/pagan type of spirituality now. I still struggle with the aftereffects of a strict religious upbringing combined with untreated mental illness, but I'm much happier!

• Love 11

On 2/20/2019 at 4:38 AM, Hane said:

I see absolutely ZIP chemistry between Bethany and Dave. I think she’s just excited about achieving a wedding and marriage, important accomplishments in her circle. And he seems to be getting married because it would look funny if he didn’t. 

And am I the only one who thinks Bethany’s foundation looks like a coat of spackle?

Bethany in general desperately needs makeup lessons. Perhaps from "Cover Boy" James Charles.

Mostly I just want to teach her how to do her brows, because, well, honey, sperm on your face should come from your godly husband, not your eyebrow pencil. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Bethany in general desperately needs makeup lessons. Perhaps from "Cover Boy" James Charles.

Mostly I just want to teach her how to do her brows, because, well, honey, sperm on your face should come from your godly husband, not your eyebrow pencil. 

Ummmm, the natural shape of my eyebrows is pretty close to hers (though getting ever skimpier now that I’m in my—horrors!—late 60s), but I never realized  I have spermbrows.?

• Upvote 7

@Lisafer I'm so glad you are happier! ( I'm really curious, so let me know if I am being too pushy. I'm going through my own journey of discovery about mental illness and faith/ religion at the moment and like to get feedback from other people who have gone through it or are going through it.) What sort of strict religious beliefs were you brought up with and how and when did start to question?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Firebird said:

@Lisafer I'm so glad you are happier! ( I'm really curious, so let me know if I am being too pushy. I'm going through my own journey of discovery about mental illness and faith/ religion at the moment and like to get feedback from other people who have gone through it or are going through it.) What sort of strict religious beliefs were you brought up with and how and when did start to question?

I don't mind you asking! I'll pm you though, I don't want to derail the whole thread!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Ummmm, the natural shape of my eyebrows is pretty close to hers (though getting ever skimpier now that I’m in my—horrors!—late 60s), but I never realized  I have spermbrows.?

I went through the late 90s as a teen in high school. That’s when brows were plucked to a very thin line. My brows have never fully recovered. I must fill them in when I do my make up because they are thin. Sometimes I dye them as well. It works pretty well. But they are still much thinner than I would like. I’m always so jealous of women with thick shapely brows. 

• Upvote 4

Bethany and Kristen just posted a new video.  It's about accepting the face/body that God gave you.  It's probably their least offensive video at least...?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Bethany and Kristen just posted a new video.  It's about accepting the face/body that God gave you.  It's probably their least offensive video at least...?

But wouldn’t that mean they shouldn’t be wearing makeup?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

They wrote a book.

They are looking for 300 people to join their launch team. You get a copy of the book and access tona private Facebook group.  Who wants to take one for the FJ team?

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, SecularMusic said:

They are looking for 300 people to join their launch team. You get a copy of the book and access tona private Facebook group.  Who wants to take one for the FJ team?

Oh, God, no. No no no no no. My elderly heart would give out as I screamed myself purple while reading it.

Hoping some fellow FJer is tougher than I am!

• Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Hane said:

Oh, God, no. No no no no no. My elderly heart would give out as I screamed myself purple while reading it.

Hoping some fellow FJer is tougher than i am!

That sounds like they are setting up a downline for doTerra......???

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, SecularMusic said:

Mr. Atheist is doing a book review.  Here is his review of ch 2, where Girl Defined takes a shit on Marilyn Monroe. 

Spoiler

ETA I just realized this might be a different book that they wrote.  Lord, how much trash are they putting out in the Universe.  But maybe he will review the current book too.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

5 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

ETA I just realized this might be a different book that they wrote.  Lord, how much trash are they putting out in the Universe

According to their website, they wrote 2 previous books together, Girl Defined and Love Defined. Ooh! And if you order their first book off their website, you can get the Girl Defined coloring book for free!! :roll:

ETA--Apparently the coloring book is a digital download?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190302-230023.thumb.jpg.bc81137352c6be42723ebabc3abc15d9.jpg

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
ETA
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

On 1/30/2019 at 3:33 PM, Timetraveler said:

Good channel.

I despise these girls.

I only just discovered Mr. Atheist and so far from what I have seen, he does a really good job dissecting them.  Here is a great video that details why Girl Defined deleting their videos is more than just the normal curation that might happen as a channel grows over time.  

Spoiler

• Thank You 6

Love Mr. Atheist. I am particularly fascinated by his perspective coming from Mormonism and I always appreciate his stance on consent, relationship equality, body shaming, and gender and sexuality. For anyone wanting a Christian takedown of Girl Defined, God is Grey is FANTASTIC. She deconstructs their harmful beliefs in the most mature, respectful way possible.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

I love all these youtubers who do response videos to them! Thank you everyone for sharing your favs. I subscribed to Mr Athiest. I hope he beats their subscriber count by his birthday tomorrow. That would be pretty awesome. Been subscribed to God is Grey for a while because I think it’s so refreshing to hear a reasonable religious person speak on some of these topics. 

I just finished Mr Athiest’s video on their 3rd chapter of the book. Hoo boy, those girls are so smug and insufferable. 

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 1:00 AM, The Mother Dust said:

Mr. Atheist is doing a book review.  Here is his review of ch 2, where Girl Defined takes a shit on Marilyn Monroe. 

Reveal hidden contents

ETA I just realized this might be a different book that they wrote.  Lord, how much trash are they putting out in the Universe.  But maybe he will review the current book too.

"The culture doesn't really widely really consider the tragedy of Marilyn Monroe's life" is  certainly a take. 

Edited by seraaa
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Is that Cade Foehner on the left? aka American Idol contestant, Hollywood evangelist, and Jeremy Vuolo's new bff?

Spoiler

1848241748_weddingpic.PNG.6f3966e45e956ac86822f62983cc7b48.PNG

Edited by WhoompThereItIs
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

Is that Cade Foehner on the left? aka American Idol contestant, Hollywood evangelist, and Jeremy Vuolo's new bff?

Hide contents

1848241748_weddingpic.PNG.6f3966e45e956ac86822f62983cc7b48.PNG

It looks like it but on her instagram, she has him tagged as someone else who is not Cade.
The thought of Jeremy and Jinger infiltrating Hollywood is disturbing to me.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Is anyone else getting an absolutely fabulous vibe from Bethany’s husband? *retreats to prayer closet*

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Hane said:

Is anyone else getting an absolutely fabulous vibe from Bethany’s husband? *retreats to prayer closet*

Definitely!

Also, I’m getting extremely annoyed at Bethany’s Instagram. All of her pictures are of her wedding. We get it, you’re married now ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

So I’m sorry if what I did was a out of order but I couldn’t resist. I commented on Dave and Bethany’s Instagram account essentially saying i understand if my comment gets removed, as it’s very personal but I was wondering if they could share about Dave’s experience in conversion therapy and how they pray through it if it is indeed true? I said I thought it could help others struggling with the issue, I thought I asked pretty politely but the question got removed within in 10 minutes and I was blocked. Girl defined deals with these comments all the time, I wonder why they would react so strongly to it now. Makes me think there’s definitely some validity to the rumor 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3
  • WTF 2

On 3/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, ihgg said:

So I’m sorry if what I did was a out of order but I couldn’t resist. I commented on Dave and Bethany’s Instagram account essentially saying i understand if my comment gets removed, as it’s very personal but I was wondering if they could share about Dave’s experience in conversion therapy and how they pray through it if it is indeed true? I said I thought it could help others struggling with the issue, I thought I asked pretty politely but the question got removed within in 10 minutes and I was blocked. Girl defined deals with these comments all the time, I wonder why they would react so strongly to it now. Makes me think there’s definitely some validity to the rumor 

That... seems a terrible thing to do to someone if there’s any possibility they’re struggling.

JMHO

ETA: I say this because I know kidults who grew up in that culture who were earnestly trying to be righteous within an incredibly narrow definition, who were sincere in their faith. And dying inside the whole time.

If someone had done that to one of them before they understood that there is life and light out in the big bad world, it would have been incredibly hurtful.

You did not do this guy any favors. Please think twice about satisfying your curiosity at someone else’s expense next time.

Sorry to be preachy.

Edited by refugee
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic