IGNORED

Girl Defined

onlysaneperson

3 minutes ago, CurlyWurly said:

Oh God you're so right

We're now quoting 1 Corinthians and I feel like this wedding is hitting all the cheesy Christian bingo boxes

I'm a bit behind. Did the groom's parents come in late or were they standing somewhere else and then sat down just after 1 Corinthians? What was going on there? 

Also, of course he had to play the ukelele. Of course. 

@SamiKatz I'm ready to pour one just attempting to watch bits online. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I'm a bit behind. Did the groom's parents come in late or were they standing somewhere else and then sat down just after 1 Corinthians? What was going on there? 

Also, of course he had to play the ukelele. Of course. 

@SamiKatz I'm ready to pour one just attempting to watch bits online. 

I'm pretty sure they came in at the beginning... I'm pretty sure that's his mum in pink at the front right

• Thank You 1

So is purity a thing of the past now, or  is it to be followed in some other fashion after this?  

Arrrgggh!  She's giving him her purity ring.  

Edited by SamiKatz
  • Disgust 5

Also shout out to the commenters on the youtube livestream just commenting 'gay is love, gay is life'

Oh great Bethany is talking about sex

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CurlyWurly said:

I'm pretty sure they came in at the beginning... I'm pretty sure that's his mum in pink at the front right

Seats were empty in the middle, though and they came back during the Bible reading. Mother in bright pink. So weird. 

I can hardly hear it on my computer and seems like that is a good thing. 

• Upvote 1

And she's given him her purity ring... I guess at least her dad wasn't the one to hand it over?

Are they praying while their friends sing at them?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Oh no!  More music.  

I am a pretty open minded person but I find the giving of the purity ringing weird and creepy.  

It is a lovely venue though.

• Upvote 4

Just now, louisa05 said:

@CurlyWurly Okay, his dad left right at the beginning of the ukelele song, then mom followed. They returned during 1 Corinthians. Very odd. 

Yeah that is really weird... I was focussing on the photographer tbh

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CurlyWurly said:

And she's given him her purity ring... I guess at least her dad wasn't the one to hand it over?

Are they praying while their friends sing at them?

I thought it looked like they were dancing. Fundie version of first dance? Still just one arm. I guess they haven't been pronounced yet. So weird. 

• Upvote 1

I'm getting a bit of a toned down Jessa vibe from this dress and I honestly like it

Wait so they just did all that looking at each other and they weren't even making out?

The minister isn't giving them the mic for the vows so all you can hear is him saying a portion and then just a silent pause while they apparently speak

Hold on, did they just say this was Bethany's first kiss and not mention David? I so hope this is a Derrick situation where he'd very obviously been living a sinful life before her

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

She is going to be more insufferable than ever.  This wedding and watching Jinger and Jeremy makes me want to visit San Antonio.

Edited by SamiKatz

Thank all goodness that's over.  It was a pinterest-perfect wedding resplendent with misogyny and awkwardness--altogether a pretty successful transfer of authority IMO. 

Highlights were the ten minute journal reading from two adults who should know better, Dāv playing ukulele at his awkward bride, Bethany giving Dāv the symbol of her virginity in front of everyone they know, and not actually being able to hear the vows

Now I just have to work out whether I tune in for the reception...

• Upvote 3

She should have given him her purity ring and proof - a certificate from her gyno or something like that. That would have been interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, CurlyWurly said:
25 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

@CurlyWurly Okay, his dad left right at the beginning of the ukelele song, then mom followed. They returned during 1 Corinthians. Very odd. 

Yeah that is really weird... I was focussing on the photographer tbh

Ok so the action starts at 30:25 for all of those following along at home. A whole bunch of them turn and look offscreen, then David's mum, dad, and another guy all run offscreen.  The photographer tries to rubberneck too. Then for the rest of the ukulele show people are looking over in that direction.  Things seem to settle down and five minutes later Dāv's parents come back.  Begs the question of what was so important that the parents of the groom had to go and run interference? Or maybe it was a planned interruption to get them out of having to listen to the awkward serenade

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

The wedding started to play again on YT, which confused me for  second.

I think I will bypass the reception for an episode of Supernatural, thank you very much.  

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

13 hours ago, CurlyWurly said:

Dāv playing ukulele at his awkward bride

Can anyone enlighten me about why he shortens his name this way? I assume it's pronounced Dave? It looks really pretentious to me but maybe I missed something.

• I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit i recently fell down the rabbithole of GirlDefined. I feel like them having a Youtube demographic brings fundie-ism and as am extension, fundie-snark to a whole other demographic. Youtuber Cody Ko has done a few pretty funny videos roasting them. 

Besides the cringy "mmmhmmms" and faux concerned/constipated expressions while head nodding (Kristen is particularly guilty) I find them dangerous because I feel theor esthetic draws mainstream evangelicals in while they are actually quite fundy. 

I don't like speculating about people's sexuality but the vibes Dav (omg that prentenious abbreviation) gives off are well....I only say this because their views are so virluently anti-gay (some of Kristen's older blog posts are straight up hateful). Apparently someone in the wedding livestream said they knew Dav had done conversion therapy twicr but this appears to be pretty much heresay.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:38 AM, Goodnightngo said:

Apparently someone in the wedding livestream said they knew Dav had done conversion therapy twice but this appears to be pretty much heresay.

Wait, WHAT?  She's marrying an Ex-Gay Dāv?????  If so, no wonder that premarital sex has not been an issue.  Also, Gay Girl, God God is about a gay girl who came to realize that....no, nope, no spoilers. 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:01 PM, louisa05 said:

Youtube suggested this video to me. A couple of guys critiquing some of their videos. I laughed out loud: 

" Literally did a U-Turn"  is IT from here on out. 

One more thing.  I just backtracked to the still picture of the wedding underway.  I really like the groomsmen's outfits: jeans, boots, dress blue shirts and suspenders.  So basically, normal clothes and they're not out a ton of money for the suspenders.  

It reminds me a little bit of a Texas tuxedo.  Tuxedo top, black jeans, black boots.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2

I LITERALLY did a LOL watching that cringe episode of Girl Defined.

And I won’t feel the least bit bad for Bethany when her marriage ends in 3-5 years.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic