IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

or declare bankruptcy as her old post from today is all about. Apparently you are evil if you have to file for bankruptcy. Isn't the majority of cases because of people with medical debt? As if people bring that on themselves! As usual, its a heartless post. 

Meh, Lori, you need to learn more about your country's laws and legal protections. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html/art1frag68_user.html

And maybe you should talk to Trump, too, since he filed how many times again, and didn't you vote for him? 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I hate that stuff. I believe in doing your best to maintain your health through diet and exercise, but nothing is a guaranteed. You can't change your genes and there are some illnesses and health problems that can't be totally explained. I had a friend in college whose father passed away from ALS. My friend described his father as avid runner and someone who avoided junk food like the plague. My friend said that he continued exercising and watching his diet to prevent or decrease the chance of certain medical problems, but the fear of ALS was always there.  Lori is someone that just doesn't get that shit happens.

My dad's oncologist felt that he survived longer and his cancer progressed slower due to his being very fit initially. He had a very aggressive type of cancer and it did not spread beyond where it was found for two and a half years. A business acquaintance of my same idiot sister-in-law was diagnosed with the same type of cancer a few months after my dad. He smoked, was a heavy drinker and loved junk food and was gone in less than three months. My dad made it 2 years and 11 months. 

It is always good to make healthy choices. It just isn't a guarantee. People like my sister-in-law who think it is (and part of her formula is yoga which will prevent all things and cure anything it doesn't prevent according to her) are just looking for a way to convince themselves that a catastrophic illness will never happen to them. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/11/christians-declaring-bankruptcy.html

Wow, just look at that. 

She says getting sick is a choice! I guess all her health issues were a choice then! So medical bankruptcy is not excuse. 

Lori is an EXCEPTION. A RED HERRING. She doesn't teach about those.

My sister and BIL declared bankrupcy  about 25 years ago. They had a baby born with a horrific terminal condition. It took 16 months and hundreds of thousands of $ before he died. They struggled for years to pay off their debts, and bk was no picnic. Lori can eat shit and die.

Yeah, my dad TOTALLY chose to get kidney failure... Honestly. Lori can go fuck herself. I'm just grateful we don't live in the States. It's bad enough being seriously ill with a long-term condition without the added onus of having to pay too.

(Dad is OK btw!)

32 minutes ago, polecat said:

Meh, Lori, you need to learn more about your country's laws and legal protections. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html/art1frag68_user.html

And maybe you should talk to Trump, too, since he filed how many times again, and didn't you vote for him? 

Lori was on the anti-Trump train for awhile and it was due to his comments on illegal immigrants. We can't forget when Kenny boy wanted to mentor Trump.   I recall a post from a year or two ago, where Lori basically said that she was against women voting and she gave reasons to why she didn't think women should vote.  Of course, Ken and/or Lori voted for Trump and Lori is probably happy about Ben Carson being on Trump's cabinet.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I have said it before, but I think it would serve both Lori and Ken well to be truly financially destitute.  We'd see how fast The Godly Mentor changed her tune.

It might help them, but it might not. I don't know if I want to read her thoughts on the people she meets at the welfare office. Besides, they can never truly experience it. They still have the value of their education, and connections. I don't think they really understand the whole concept of prIvileged upbringing. Its not just about eating mac and cheese from a box vs going to a trendy restaurant; or a 6th floor walkup vs a beach house. They know the "right way" to communicate in their world. They know people who can be a reference on a resume. They have a credit score that allows them to buy property. 

Ugh, I get so tired of people like Lori and Ken thinking that Jesus and hard work will get you out of poverty. Education,  the ability to code switch,  and the willingness to leave everything you've known is how you get out of poverty. (And don't think that your family wants you to come back to the trailer park for Christmas with your fancy degrees and big words, being all pretentious)

I wonder Lori would react if one of her adult kids and their families ended up in a costly medical crisis. Let's say one of her sons ended up severely disabled due to an accident or neurological disease and couldn't work. I don't know if Lori has mentioned if Erin(Ryan's wife) attended college, we know she has some kind of floral business. What if Erin is unable to support a family on the floral business money combined with Social Security disability checks? What would Lori and Ken do? Let's say, Steven becomes disabled and can't be an orthodontist and Emily decides to work and maybe goes into the legal field. Will Lori condemn Emily for going out to support her husband and child/children?

I wonder Lori would react if one of her adult kids and their families ended up in a costly medical crisis. Let's say one of her sons ended up severely disabled due to an accident or neurological disease and couldn't work. I don't know if Lori has mentioned if Erin(Ryan's wife) attended college, we know she has some kind of floral business. What if Erin is unable to support a family on the floral business money combined with Social Security disability checks? What would Lori and Ken do? Let's say, Steven becomes disabled and can't be an orthodontist and Emily decides to work and maybe goes into the legal field. Will Lori condemn Emily for going out to support her husband and child/children?

I'm sure she would passively aggressively judge those children just as much as she does Alyssa for her yoga pants/fertility issues today. She has no empathy to give a damn about anyone but herself unfortunately.

Holy cow, it seems Ken has forced Lori to issue some "training" advice that doesn't involve hitting.  It's a very short post, and Lori is careful to tell her readers that this is Ken's advice, but it does not involve hitting.  It even mentions a reward, which Lori has been adamant that the didn't do. 

As stupid as Ken's advice is, at least he didn't let Lori trot out her usuals (pain is a great teacher/if you hit hard enough, it will work).

"Holy cow, it seems Ken has forced Lori to issue some "training" advice that doesn't involve hitting.  It's a very short post, and Lori is careful to tell her readers that this is Ken's advice, but it does not involve hitting.  It even mentions a reward, which Lori has been adamant that the didn't do. 

As stupid as Ken's advice is, at least he didn't let Lori trot out her usuals (pain is a great teacher/if you hit hard enough, it will work)."

Damn, Lori must have been so pissed - being made to write her usual discipline post without any mention of a wooden spoon or a leather strap anywhere! Doesn't Ken know that pain is a great teacher? How rude!

Also, agreed that the advice is stupid; kids are kids, who cares if they spill things and are shy and don't want to talk to people? On my best days I'm like that too. Kids take time to learn social skills and it's better when it's not a constant war.

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

Holy cow, it seems Ken has forced Lori to issue some "training" advice that doesn't involve hitting.  It's a very short post, and Lori is careful to tell her readers that this is Ken's advice, but it does not involve hitting.  It even mentions a reward, which Lori has been adamant that the didn't do. 

As stupid as Ken's advice is, at least he didn't let Lori trot out her usuals (pain is a great teacher/if you hit hard enough, it will work).

I was dreading the thought of actually reading this when I saw the topic on her FB page. I thought--you're going to tell people to beat the 'high-strung,' 'overly sensitiveness' out of their children, aren't you, Lori? And then I found myself almost agreeing with some of the advice and realised it wasn't Lori's, but Ken's. 

I bet all he gets for dinner tonight is a salad. With diet dressing.

23 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I bet all he gets for dinner tonight is a salad. With diet dressing.

He'll just stick his nose in the air, eat the salad, then prepare something better for himself. And then her mind will explode.

2 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

He'll just stick his nose in the air, eat the salad, then prepare something better for himself. And then her mind will explode.

True. Silly me. I forgot he ALWAYS gets a salad for dinner. I think tonight he should go to Golden Corral and load up on their fried chicken and pot roast. He deserves it after today's post.

Just for today, though. He's still Ken Alexander, after all.  :my_dodgy:

Her advice might not have involved spanking this time, but it was still poor advice.  It reminded me a lot of my mother - constant criticism and control.  Harping on the 'few drops on water on clothes' issue for days for a three-year-old?  Kids grow out of stuff like that.  

This post really hit too close to home for me.  I was reared in such a similar way with alot of judgment and criticism - I was told that all of my faults had to constantly be pointed out to me so that I could improve, and there was little love in the home.  Kids need to be taught, but there are better ways to do so.  I am now much older and live in a different state than my mother, but she still criticizes much that I do, so I've had to limit my time with her and I am much better off for it.

I thought it was noteworthy that Ken ignored the actual issue with the girl's supposed shyness. It wasn't that she was shy, it was that she got "easily irritated" when she was being touched "when she doesn't want them to," despite being the mother's most affectionate child. As you can imagine, this issue can be easily fixed by not touching a person who hasn't consented to be touched. Ask people to ask her permission before they give her a hug or a kiss, and talk to her about establishing that boundary herself with other people. Establishing bodily autonomy is a good thing everywhere except the bizarro land that Ken and Lori inhabit. 

2 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

This post really hit too close to home for me.  I was reared in such a similar way with alot of judgment and criticism - I was told that all of my faults had to constantly be pointed out to me so that I could improve, and there was little love in the home.  

I think a lot of discipline in fundie families is carried out in such a manner, which is why you get hordes of super obedient, hollow-eyed children who can smile on cue. It's not a healthy way to learn to cope with others or improve, let alone 'fix faults'.

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

True. Silly me. I forgot he ALWAYS gets a salad for dinner. I think tonight he should go to Golden Corral and load up on their fried chicken and pot roast. He deserves it after today's post.

Just for today, though. He's still Ken Alexander, after all.  :my_dodgy:

Hey! Only the really decent harlots get pot roast and fried chicken - why does Ken get awesome food for being kind of right for once when I'm generally good all the time??? :P

10 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

Hey! Only the really decent harlots get pot roast and fried chicken - why does Ken get awesome food for being kind of right for once when I'm generally good all the time??? :P

Only because he sort of stood against Lori's 'pain is a great teacher' philosophy. If it means even just one of Lori's followers decides not to beat their child, I think Ken deserves one good meal in return. 

Just the one, though. He can torture himself for weeks afterward thinking about that meal while eating Lori's endless, empty-calorie salads under her ever-watchful evil eye. :twisted:

Dammit, now I want some fried chicken, I'm drooling all over my keyboard! :pb_lol:

Lori's seems to be of the thought that shyness is not allowed.  She quotes TheJoyFilledWife:

My husband and I do not allow our children to act shy, ignore, or be unresponsive to those around them.

So, it's not okay for children to be shy, even if that's their personality.  Except of course, when it's Lori herself

Lori:

I didn’t like the idea of other people hugging me at all when I was young. 

These are the words Jessa Duggar and her family used to describe her: black and white, unemotional, and not affectionate.  There was no condemnation or judging from anybody, just matter-of-fact, when they were saying these adjectives. This is her personality. I have the same personality and I grew up thinking it was bad.

Every summer, we would go to Wisconsin where all my mom's family vacations. I dreaded when we arrived because I knew all my aunts would hug me! I didn't like hugging when I was young.

I have come to understand that being black and white, unemotional and  not affectionate are not sins! We all have different personalities 

I was so disappointed and knew there must be something wrong with me.

There’s not! It’s just the way I am. It’s part of my personality. I’m not emotional which is good in some ways

I was very quiet and shy when I was growing up

See?  It's okay when it's Lori!  When it's someone else, it needs to be trained away.

23 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Dammit, now I want some fried chicken, I'm drooling all over my keyboard! :pb_lol:

I immediately had the thought of homemade fried chicken for dinner...we're out of chicken and broke until Wednesday...dammit! 

If I remember correctly Lori, lover of all things Pearl, has advocated MP's advice to beat the over sensitivity/ high strung-ness /shyness out of your child because the child was being willful and disobedient.

This was all part of the Pearls' cuckoo idea that children must obey all commands instantly and with a smile and if they don't you beat them until they do.  Utterly dominate and break them as MP urges.  The beating will continue until morale improves.

I absolutely believe that you can beat your children into submission and instant obedience either physically (leather strap!!) or by constant harping and criticism.

I've seen the affects of both on children and on the adults they become.  Both methods leave scars.  it's not pretty either way.

This breaks my heart, because I was an "overly-sensitive, high strung" child. Turns out that I suffered from anxiety, and that's the way that it manifested itself when I was a young. I would "over-react" to things because I was terrified of getting in trouble and worried about it constantly. Chances are, at some point, this child was told not to make a mess and perhaps punished for doing so, even if it was an accident (as children often have due to their lack of gross and fine motor skills...they're still learning! :dance:) and she may be experiencing anxiety that it'll happen again. 

This is why people who aren't professionals really shouldn't be answering such questions. This child could have a sensory processing disorder, anxiety or even be on the autism spectrum. But no, instead, we have to decide she's misbehaving and as such, needs to have the badness "trained" out of her. 

This is beyond frustrating to me. 

Even if she IS just picky, it's still not bad behavior. It's just how she is. Maybe work with her on expanding her palate. There's nothing wrong with being sensitive, either, just because YOU aren't sensitive. Maybe we need a few more sensitive people in the world. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I was an "overly-sensitive, high strung" child. Turns out that I suffered from anxiety, and that's the way that it manifested itself when I was a young. I would "over-react" to things because I was terrified of getting in trouble and worried about it constantly.

The Bible doesn't talk about children being "overly sensitive" or "high strung". It also has nothing to say about "anxiety". That's all psychobabble. It does say, in the book of Proverbs, that foolishness is bound in the heart of a child and the rod will drive it away. We must stick to Biblical vocabulary and follow the Bible to the letter. (Snark)

That would be Lori, Debi or Michael's advice for you. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived