IGNORED

Tomi Lahren

ShepherdontheRock

5 hours ago, JMarie said:

It's very plausible that she gets her own show, or at least a dedicated segment on someone else's show, to try to bring in more younger viewers.

The only thing that came to mind: :jawdrop:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, JMarie said:

Caution: Tomi Lahren rambling alert

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/06/04/tomi-lahren-final-thoughts-california-debt-wealth-illegal-immigration-and-taxes

It's very plausible that she gets her own show, or at least a dedicated segment on someone else's show, to try to bring in more younger viewers.

I can also see FOX possibly putting her on a show with some other young Republicans. They really do need to attract more viewers who aren't seniors.

• I Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Conservative figures Milo Yiannopoulos and Tomi Lahren have reportedly been cast in a secretive anti-abortion movie project about the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision, the Daily Beast reported Friday.

Yiannopoulos, a right-wing provocateur, will play British abortion doctor David Sopher. The Daily Beast reported that he will be depicted as performing abortions during his single scene in the film.

Conservative commentator Lahren will play the daughter of Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun, who authored the opinion in Roe v. Wade. She will portray a Planned Parenthood volunteer who confronts her father, according to the Daily Beast.

• WTF 3

17 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Who would want to watch that movie?

• I Agree 2

So Nazi Barbie and Ken are "starring" in a movie? The only movie I can think that would be appropriate for them is a remake of "Dumb and Dumber"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

So Nazi Barbie and Ken are "starring" in a movie? The only movie I can think that would be appropriate for them is a remake of "Dumb and Dumber"

I thought they'd want to do a remake of Triumph of the Will or Birth of a Nation.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Well, Tomi's right-wing street cred tanked big time when she announced yesterday that it would be a mistake to try to overturn Roe v. Wade.  Yeah, you heard that right.  Tomi Lahren Warns It’d Be A ‘Big Mistake’ Overturning Roe v. Wade (HuffPo)

Spoiler

Lahren, in a “Final Thoughts” segment on the network Saturday, argued that any attempt to overturn the landmark 1973 case that legalized abortion across the U.S. would be “unlikely to succeed” and would instead further divide the nation.

She cited a recent Quinnipiac poll that found that most Americans favor keeping abortions legal.

“We lose when we start tampering with social issues,” she said. “Do we really want to fight for this, alienate Democrats, moderates and Libertarians all to lose in the end anyway? That’s a risk that I don’t think is worth taking....”

....Lahren said she’s a person who “would personally choose life,” but that she believes “it’s not the government’s place to dictate. Those are my thoughts. Feel free to disagree,” she concluded, before sharing a link to her thoughts on Twitter.

Who knew Tomi had a Libertarian streak?  Or one rational thought?  Right wing pitch forks are being tuned up as we speak.  Is she going out on a huge limb, or trying to appeal to millenials, or is she utterly tone deaf to the beliefs of her primary audience, who would perceive this as an unthinkable betrayal of the highest order. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Conservatives are mean to Tomi and that makes people liberal.

I could get on board with this.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Howl said:

Well, Tomi's right-wing street cred tanked big time when she announced yesterday that it would be a mistake to try to overturn Roe v. Wade.  Yeah, you heard that right.  Tomi Lahren Warns It’d Be A ‘Big Mistake’ Overturning Roe v. Wade (HuffPo)

Hide contents

Lahren, in a “Final Thoughts” segment on the network Saturday, argued that any attempt to overturn the landmark 1973 case that legalized abortion across the U.S. would be “unlikely to succeed” and would instead further divide the nation.

She cited a recent Quinnipiac poll that found that most Americans favor keeping abortions legal.

“We lose when we start tampering with social issues,” she said. “Do we really want to fight for this, alienate Democrats, moderates and Libertarians all to lose in the end anyway? That’s a risk that I don’t think is worth taking....”

....Lahren said she’s a person who “would personally choose life,” but that she believes “it’s not the government’s place to dictate. Those are my thoughts. Feel free to disagree,” she concluded, before sharing a link to her thoughts on Twitter.

Who knew Tomi had a Libertarian streak?  Or one rational thought?  Right wing pitch forks are being tuned up as we speak.  Is she going out on a huge limb, or trying to appeal to millenials, or is she utterly tone deaf to the beliefs of her primary audience, who would perceive this as an unthinkable betrayal of the highest order. 

Being pro-choice is why she was fired from The Blaze last year.

https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tomi-lahren-blaze-suspension-reaction-1202030111/

Conservative commentator Tomi Lahren is suing her former boss, Glenn Beck, and his online platform, The Blaze, for alleged wrongful termination.

Lahren, who has garnered a large online following for her unapologetic attitude on her show, “Tomi,” filed a wrongful termination lawsuit in Texas on Friday, claiming she was suspended from her program after publicly revealing that she was in favor of abortion rights.

During an interview on ABC’s “The View” last month, the 24-year-old annouced that she was pro-choice. “I’m pro-choice, and here’s why: I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for a limited government, but I think that the government should decide what women do with their bodies,” she said. Lahren later added, “stay out of my guns and you can stay out of my body as well.”

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

More info about Tacky and Milo's movie:

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Loeb alleged that Roe v. Wade “will be a PG-rated film.” If that were to be true, it would have to deviate big-time from its screenplay, which features several graphic scenes that would surely land the film an R-rating (or worse).

Roe v. Wade contains a fictional sequence set in 1971, where police officers conduct a sting operation on a “Dr. Ketchum” in a suite at Chicago’s Sunrise Hotel. The cops manage to tackle Dr. Ketchum before he performs an illegal abortion, and discover “a dozen buckets of tiny fetuses and baby parts” in the hotel room. The scene is likely an exaggerated version of that which befell Dr. Jesse Ketchum, a real-life doctor from Buffalo, New York, who was sentenced to three years in prison after a woman died shortly after undergoing an abortion procedure at his office in 1971. There is also the aforementioned sequence with Milo Yiannopoulos’ Dr. Sopher, tracking him as he goes from room to room, coldly performing 32 abortions in five hours before bragging about his efficiency and profitability. And then there’s a scene taking place at the Boston University Medical Center in 1973 that sees Stacey Dash’s Dr. Mildred Jefferson watch The Silent Scream, observing the ultrasound of a fetus experiencing an abortion (The Silent Scream was not released until 1984, and many in the medical community have questioned its accuracy). 

A crew member confirmed the film’s gruesomeness to The Daily Beast, saying, “There are scenes with buckets of bloody fetuses. It’s just completely over the top.”

In case the message hasn’t been hammered home already, Roe v. Wade ends with footage from the Center for Medical Progress’ notorious undercover videos of Planned Parenthood employees allegedly selling fetal tissue. The videos, it’s since been proven, were heavily edited so as to twist the PP employees’ statements, and rather than bring charges against PP, an investigation into the clips led to felony charges against CMP founder David Daleiden and CMP employee Sandra Merritt.

Then come the film’s final lines, courtesy of Loeb (as Dr. Nathanson): “You took away the rights of the unborn. A child cannot speak to defend themselves today. Who is the voice of the children who cannot speak for themselves?” He turns to the camera, and, addressing the audience, says: “You, you speak for them.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/revealed-the-leaked-script-to-roe-v-wade-a-graphic-anti-abortion-propaganda-film?ref=scroll

Wait so if she's Pro choice why is she in an anti choice propaganda movie?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, JMarie said:

Being pro-choice is why she was fired from The Blaze last year. 

Fascinating.  Does Tomi in general slue to the Libertarian side of things?  Or is she flying her "true" conservative flag?

She has a point that I totally agree with (government shouldn't be telling women what to do with their bodies) and yet, schadenfreude, because she is so damned obnoxiously judgmental in other aspects and now she will be getting massive negative blowback from her own people. 

But let me celebrate her other brain cell, with this:  We lose when we start tampering with social issues,” she said. “Do we really want to fight for this, alienate Democrats, moderates and Libertarians all to lose in the end anyway? That’s a risk that I don’t think is worth taking.”

This is perilously close to forward, bipartisan thinking, also anathema in the current political climate, where the end game is to own libs and end Roe v. Wade.  

My gosh, did this woman get a hold of a tab of MDA (Mellow Drug of America)?  Next thing, she's going to come out in support of gay marriage.

However, if she held firm on these points, she might find other supporters. 

And let me add this coda before I get after brewing up my morning tea.  It completely chafes me chaps that, on the Sunday CNN/MSNBC political talk shows, all the right leaning guests specifically there to discuss the SCOTUS short list were shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, AGHAST at the mere thought that overturning Roe v. Wade was a litmus test for any of those who made the short list for SCOTUS nomination.  They acted like a kitten would die at even the possibility that ANYONE might think that.  Especially if anyone would think that about Amy Coney Barrett, who in reality is part of a Catholic group called People of Praise, which is characterized as a kissing cousin to a cult or just a group of nice people who want to practice their Catholic faith with greater intensity, depending on who is characterizing what. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Loeb alleged that Roe v. Wade “will be a PG-rated film.

This Loeb fella (the director) is Sofia Vergara's ex-fiance, who sued for custody of their frozen embryos after they split up.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/06/27/sofia-vergara-custody-battle-frozen-embryos-nick-loeb/739250002/

"Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara is in the midst of a domestic dilemma.

Vergara's ex-fiance Nick Loeb has taken her to court for control of two human embryos they created back in 2013, in an attempt to have a child via surrogate.

Loeb first took his ex to court for the matter back in 2014 in his home state of California, but later dropped the suit.

He subsequently established a trust for the embryos in the much more pro-life state of Louisiana, where he then proceeded to sue Vergara.

According to NOLA.com, Vergara removed the suit from Jefferson's 24th District Court in Gretna, to U.S. District Court in New Orleans. She persuaded Judge Mary Ann Vial Lemmon to dismiss it because the actor was not subject to personal jurisdiction in Louisiana.

Loeb then took up residence in Plaquemines, and sued in state court in Belle Chasse on Jan. 9, invoking Louisiana's Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act.

Vergara subsequently had the case removed to federal court, on the basis that Louisiana's law pertains to living children — not embryos.

Loeb then brought the case Belle Chasse, where Lemmon sided with him, saying "it's a custody case over which federal courts lack jurisdiction."

Vergara is set to return to court on July 11 to ask for reconsideration.

Loeb is reportedly trying to have the embryos — named Emma and Isabella — implanted in another woman.

The embryos are currently frozen at a Beverly Hills clinic.

• Upvote 4

SRSLY? 

two human embryos they created

Were these human embryos created from HER eggs?  And his sperm?

Imma gonna guess that some rabidly pro-life group is offering legal and financial to keep Loeb's lawsuit "viable".

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love George Takei's response to Nazi Barbie:

• Upvote 5

That red dress Tomi is wearing in the tweet above makes her look pregnant. I hope it's just the dress, the thought of her being someone's mother scares me.

• I Agree 5

• 4 weeks later...

Tomi Lahren to former first lady: 'Sit down, Michelle

Fox News commentator Tomi Lahren is telling Michelle Obama to "sit down" after taking issue with the former first lady calling her husband Barack Obama a great president.

"Michelle Obama said we 'had' a great president. By what measure? Not in economic growth. Not in border enforcement. Not in strength on the world stage. Sit down, Michelle," Lahren wrote to her 1.18 million followers in a tweet.

Lahren, who will be hosting a show on Fox's soon-to-launch subscription service called "Fox Nation," was responding to remarks Michelle Obama made at a rally in Las Vegas.

“Here’s what we have to do,” she said at the "When We All Vote" rally. “If we want qualified people that we trust, then people have to vote. Because you can’t vote some of the time and then sit out."

“You know, we saw that happen. We experienced that. But we had a great president,” she said, referring to former President Obama.

“But every couple years folks sat out and said ‘well, I did my part, I voted once, I’m done, I’m out,’ ” she added. “And I’m just telling you that democracy doesn’t work that way.”

Michele Obama is a co-chairwoman of When We All Vote, a nonprofit initiative to register voters.

Tomi is an idiot for going after Michelle Obama. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4