IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

32 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

I am getting sick of all the speculation about whether Jessa is having twins.  My guess is no, but  TLC will keep the story line going to keep up viewer interest in her pregnancy.  

On another topic, have Jill and Derick moved back to Arkansas?  I wonder what he is doing for a job.  Hopefully he isn't another one of Jim Boob's workers, but anything is possible.   Derick looks awful these days.

It also ticks me off how Jill and Jessa like poking at the subject because they very well know this will bring attention to them and their show and cause people to wonder.

Jill and Derick moved back to AR back in August and by now they have to be all settled in for the long run since she's pregnant. Derick not too long ago was wearing a "Sam's Furniture" shirt. The owner of that business is a friend of the Duggars so it's a good guess that he got hooked up with him.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe Jessa makes those twins comments when she's so small! I've never known a twin mama to have that small of a belly at almost full term. It's so obvious she's only having one baby. Now Jill carries big so the speculation makes more sense with her. But I still think she is only having one. Because if Jill was having twins, she would've spilled those beans already. That girl can't keep a secret to save her life. Unlike smugessa who loves to lord secrets over everyone. 

I'm completely over Jill and Jessa.  They constantly crave attention, and they think that everyone cares about their pregnancies.

I was thinking about how the Bates kids seem smarter than the Duggars.  Erin, Lawson, Tori, Carlin, and Josie come across as quite intelligent and articulate.  Jana is the only older Duggar child who may be bright, but it is hard to tell because she is so quiet.  Jessa, Jill, and Jinger don't seem especially intelligent, but it could be because they have led such dysfunctional, sheltered lives.

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Going back a bit on this thread, but I thought Joe also was pretty honest in his disillusionment with Josh once he knew what he had done.

And  when I heard he and JD discuss it,  I watched some older episodes,  and it is actually quite hard to find much evidence of Josh being close with his siblings.  It always seems like he was sort of off on his own.  At the time, I attributed it to him being the oldest and with the patriarchal society that awarded him some sort of important status.  But now knowing about Josh's actions,  I think his sibs just kept him at a distance.  True, none of the kids except Jackson and Hannie, ever seemed to be truly very close and natural with each other, but Josh just never seemed all that close with any of his sibs.  He bossed them around, and lead them on what to do and was responsible for them when their parents were not around, but he never seemed really tight with any of them. 

And, I don't really see closeness much with Jessa and Jinger either, despite the fact that they always claim they are close.  Jinger is more spontaneous and natural in her interactions with Ben than with Jessa.  And I definitely picked up on tension between them when they were shopping for Jessas nursery furniture.  Jinger was clearly over it and Jessa was not at all in hearing Jinger's feedback about things. 

I believe that Jessa saw Jinger as the little sister she could boss around, with 4 girls in a row and Jess the 3rd she had 2 older sisters so Jinger was the only one who she could control, for lack of a better word.  These kids have also not been taught /allowed to show or express emotion.  I was raised in a home where the only acceptable emotion to show was anger.  I love yous, hugs, affection kindness compassion were NOT expressed.  I was 27 before my mother ever told me she loved me, & by then it was too little to late. As I finally found my groove in mother hood (after a rough patch of PPD) I realized it as way to little way too late. I tolerate my mother, I have a little more affection for my father and I tolerate my brother, my sister and I are very close but not demonstrative of it, but we are very  good with each others kids.  Until these kids get away from this highly controlled cult where all emotion is discouraged until marriage they will not know how to act.   

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

And, I don't really see closeness much with Jessa and Jinger either, despite the fact that they always claim they are close.  Jinger is more spontaneous and natural in her interactions with Ben than with Jessa.  And I definitely picked up on tension between them when they were shopping for Jessas nursery furniture.  Jinger was clearly over it and Jessa was not at all in hearing Jinger's feedback about things. 

I think Jill & Jessa seem Iike a bff pair more than anyone else. They both want to be stars and have that "show must go on" attitude. They were the only kids to talk with Megyn Kelly. They appear to have the most in common and therefore the most to bond over. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well Jana used to be a tomboy as a kid, so maybe her and JD were two little buddies then. It's hard to know if they do hang out and chat when the cameras aren't around. Neither of them are overly comfortable with the cameras, so it's hard to tell what they are like day to day. 

I remember in one of the older episodes, when the kids re-did JB and J'chelle's bathroom, JB made some comment to the effect that "Jana is John-David, but with longer hair" in reference to her being stubborn and bossy (not those exact words, but it was implied by the situation). There's always been a big discrepancy between how she acts on the show and the off-hand comments family members make about her. 

With Tabitha getting married, GMM gone and the parental unit who knows where, Jana probably is running the house and doing everything for those younger kids (Jackson, Tyler and the girls).

22 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

My sister and I are Irish twins and the bond runs deep. We can read each other's minds!

My kids are 356 days apart (so much for nursing AND BC!) 

They are as different as night and day. 

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

I think Jill & Jessa seem Iike a bff pair more than anyone else. They both want to be stars and have that "show must go on" attitude. They were the only kids to talk with Megyn Kelly. They appear to have the most in common and therefore the most to bond over. 

You would think so but their personalities get in the way. Both love being the center of attention. Jill for being miss perfect and Jessa for being beautiful. Those two will never be BFFs. Joy is more of a BFF to Jill since she sister mommed her and their personalities go well together. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jana and JD were close until puberty and then the parents forced much stricter gender roles and it forced them apart. 

I think Ben and Derick don't pair well either.  Their interactions are very awkward and really they should have a fair amount in common,  Both want to minister, both have young babies with more on the way, they are married to sisters, etc.  But they don't seem at all close or even as if they are friends. 

1 hour ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I remember in one of the older episodes, when the kids re-did JB and J'chelle's bathroom, JB made some comment to the effect that "Jana is John-David, but with longer hair" in reference to her being stubborn and bossy (not those exact words, but it was implied by the situation). There's always been a big discrepancy between how she acts on the show and the off-hand comments family members make about her. 

Are there any examples of this on here?

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You would think so but their personalities get in the way. Both love being the center of attention. Jill for being miss perfect and Jessa for being beautiful. Those two will never be BFFs. Joy is more of a BFF to Jill since she sister mommed her and their personalities go well together. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jana and JD were close until puberty and then the parents forced much stricter gender roles and it forced them apart. 

I don't think Jessa is beautiful or attractive.  I have never understood why so many people think she is so lovely. She comes across as smug and patronizing, and those qualities do not make you look good on any level.

Slightly off topic but why did Jinger get such a huge elaborate wedding when her sisters and Josh got a comparable backyard BBQ wedding? I finally watched the wedding episode today and I was shocked to see such an elaborate set up!!! The giant "V" wall behind the priest, the GOWN vs prom dress Jessa married in and straight jacket Anna "borrowed", the floral arrangements, the bridesmaids dresses vs the Kmart sundresses, the Josie light up crown ect.... I know they gave Sierra the boot but seriously. Jeremy's family can't make that much on a pastor's salary either so was this TLC trying to lure views or was this something sinester in the hands of the Duggar parents trying to "punish" the other two girls for not going with the flow over the whole Josh thing? Jessa's inlaws spoke out, Derrick and Jill flew the coop to Sintral Amurrica....

I have heard the argument "Jessa was trying to be independent that's why her wedding sucked" but I don't buy that after seeing her catch baby fever and crank them out like MEchelle. I figured Jimbob and MEchelle threw cheap ass weddings since it was 2 girls a few months apart and Broke Ass Ben and Drifting Derrick couldn't have had any cash to throw in but something was different about the Jinger wedding it felt very mature and genuine despite the courtship being staged. Jill and Jessa felt like someone asking a girl to the prom.

ALSO WHY does Jinger's face look so different in her wedding pictures/footage!?!?!? She's a pretty girl in all other views but her face what happened!? Her lips look crooked and her cheeks look like she's gained weight.

@wandering woman Look at Jimbob and her brothers. Considering the genetic pool Jessa is quite attractive in Fundie standards. Unfortunately Bin as well. These people make Breaking Amish look like America's Next Top Model. I've never understood why the Duggar women look pretty while the men look like Mr Potato Head fell in love with an Avocado...

@wandering woman Also forgot to add AMEN to the stupid "We're having a baby.....I mean IT MIGHT BE TWINS tee hee" nonsense!!!!!!! If the whole wedding/baby thing was to glean popularity TLC messed up by letting Jill and Jessa marry and breed on the same timeline! The interest piques at the first baby and sadly no one will care about either girl's offspring again until they reach 5 or 6 and viewers rub their hands together waiting for one of them to have a meltdown. At this point my money's on Jill cracking like an egg after number 4 and Derrick coming home from a minimum wage job to announce "We're going on a vacation missions trip to Antarctica to convert Eskimos!" 

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

It also ticks me off how Jill and Jessa like poking at the subject because they very well know this will bring attention to them and their show and cause people to wonder.

Jill and Derick moved back to AR back in August and by now they have to be all settled in for the long run since she's pregnant. Derick not too long ago was wearing a "Sam's Furniture" shirt. The owner of that business is a friend of the Duggars so it's a good guess that he got hooked up with him.

Great! Another worthless Duggar concubine husband to toil away for minimum wage and overbreed. 

50 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Are there any examples of this on here?

I can't remember exact details, but whenever she was redecorating the house, they called her bossy. And you could see the sass when Jessa was trying to tell Jana what to do, which Jana didn't take well.  And then when the other kids were talking about Jana's future partner, they were saying how she'd want a hard working, dirt under the nails kinda guy. All of this is very opposite of her on-screen appearances. She's always to quiet and meek when speaking to the camera, but I think she (like John David) is uncomfortable on screen. 

Remember when joy was trying to teach the kids a song And they wouldn't cooperate she threatened to get Jana?  I don't know if it's just because she's in charge a lot or if she rules with an iron fist.

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

No, they were allowed to talk to Megyn Kelly because they were the MARRIED victims, and JB needed them for sympathy. Those still under JB's control still haven't come forth, and since all is well in Duggarville now, I doubt they ever will. 

27 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Remember when joy was trying to teach the kids a song And they wouldn't cooperate she threatened to get Jana?  I don't know if it's just because she's in charge a lot or if she rules with an iron fist.

I think it was just because she is in charge a lot. 

I've always assumed Jana is firm with the younger kids. Not mean. Just firm. Like she doesn't put up with their shit and isn't talked out of anything. I bet they could talk Jill into doing something they aren't supposed to but not Jana. Her being quiet on camera hasn't ever given me the impression that she's a wimp or will be walked all over. Actually quieter people are often taken more seriously.

1 hour ago, buggers said:

I can't remember exact details, but whenever she was redecorating the house, they called her bossy. And you could see the sass when Jessa was trying to tell Jana what to do, which Jana didn't take well.  And then when the other kids were talking about Jana's future partner, they were saying how she'd want a hard working, dirt under the nails kinda guy. All of this is very opposite of her on-screen appearances. She's always to quiet and meek when speaking to the camera, but I think she (like John David) is uncomfortable on screen. 

Because she is very quiet it is hard to decipher her and what she really thinks. But I still don't see how her wanting a hard working future husband goes contrary to on-screen Jana. Looking at the the Duggar men, they are all "hard working" I guess you could say with the construction jobs or whatever. I honks it's part of their beliefs, men work with their hand to provide and women stay at home. Like you said, Jana and JD are the ones that prefer to stay out of the limelight and do seem uncomfortable with the whole filming thing. 

1 hour ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Slightly off topic but why did Jinger get such a huge elaborate wedding when her sisters and Josh got a comparable backyard BBQ wedding? I finally watched the wedding episode today and I was shocked to see such an elaborate set up!!! The giant "V" wall behind the priest, the GOWN vs prom dress Jessa married in and straight jacket Anna "borrowed", the floral arrangements, the bridesmaids dresses vs the Kmart sundresses, the Josie light up crown ect.... I know they gave Sierra the boot but seriously. Jeremy's family can't make that much on a pastor's salary either so was this TLC trying to lure views or was this something sinester in the hands of the Duggar parents trying to "punish" the other two girls for not going with the flow over the whole Josh thing? Jessa's inlaws spoke out, Derrick and Jill flew the coop to Sintral Amurrica....

You do realize that Jessa and Jill's weddings took place before the Josh shit hit the fan?  They weren't punished for anything.  They worked with the budget that they were given.  It's very obvious that JInger was given a much larger budget.

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

You do realize that Jessa and Jill's weddings took place before the Josh shit hit the fan?  They weren't punished for anything.  They worked with the budget that they were given.  It's very obvious that JInger was given a much larger budget.

YOU ARE RIGHT!! I completely forgot!!! :-0 

6 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

YOU ARE RIGHT!! I completely forgot!!! :-0 

Jinger wanted a smaller wedding.  Maybe they told her you can have the wedding of your dreams but you'll have to invite 1000 people.

I think Jeremy's family had a huge part in planning and paying for the wedding.

We'll really find out who paid for Jinger's wedding when Joy gets married. If it's as extravagant- TLC. If it's like Jessa and Jill's- the Vuolos. 

Although, if JB has to pay for Joy's wedding, she might get nice dresses and decorations since she can marry at the Forsyth's camp for free. Honestly though, I can't picture Joy in a fancy wedding dress. I think one like Anna's would suit her. 

23 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

We'll really find out who paid for Jinger's wedding when Joy gets married. If it's as extravagant- TLC. If it's like Jessa and Jill's- the Vuolos. 

Although, if JB has to pay for Joy's wedding, she might get nice dresses and decorations since she can marry at the Forsyth's camp for free. Honestly though, I can't picture Joy in a fancy wedding dress. I think one like Anna's would suit her. 

I actually think she may want something even less formal than Anna's. I think she will wear cowgirl boots and the dress won't have much of a train. I doubt it will have any bling. I can't imagine a full poofy skirt either. I guess I'm just picturing kind of a light flowy simple type dress. Joy seems not not like feeling restricted in her clothing. I picture a dress like this but with a simpler top:

IMG_0607.JPG

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived