IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

Many thanks, @JermajestyDuggar.  That was very helpful.  And, yuck.  

Perhaps we should all join in a rousing chorus of "Are You Washed In the Blood of the Lamb."

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Run Tabitha! Run! He's a predator.  I agree that this was not the only time, just the only time he got caught and prosecuted. 

Well now I am more convinced than ever that In Touch reads here.  Hey, In Touch, could you do me a favor and expose Kate Gosselin for the monster she really is? Please and thank you!

It'll be interesting to see if this engagement goes through now that the 'sin in the camp' has been made public to the world.

6 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Well now I am more convinced than ever that In Touch reads here.  Hey, In Touch, could you do me a favor and expose Kate Gosselin for the monster she really is? Please and thank you!

It'll be interesting to see if this engagement goes through now that the 'sin in the camp' has been made public to the world.

It's hard to say with these fundies. I'm sure they will all see Tim as being persecuted by angry atheists and he is strong for giving his testimony in the first place. And Tabitha is a good Christian woman for sticking with the man god chose for her. So although they are probably scrambling right now, the marriage will go on while we all wish it was just an April Fool's Day joke. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Looks like Intouch picked it up and got ahold of the indictment. According to the indictment, he allegedly anally penetrated her without her consent. Can a degreed law professional tell me why this was sexually battery and not rape?

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-sex-scandal-123903/photos/duggar-court-doc2-228033#photo-anchor

What a sick animal. His mother's the same for downplaying what he did. From pics, Tabitha does look happy but who know what she's really feeling. And why is this being called another Duggar scandal? It really has nothing to do with them. 

2 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

The Duggars held the engagement party at their house, I guess?

And she's their live in tutor. So I guess it's relevent since this POS probably visits the Duggars on a regular basis. 

But I suppose it could also get picked up as a Bates related scandal since Erin Bates Paine's SIL will be marrying a convicted rapist. 

10 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I swear to God, in these cultures offenders don't just get "forgiven," they get extra points for having a really juicy conversion story. Like if you were a really extra-bad guy before, you must be an extra-good Christian with a lot to teach us now. 

THIS! I remember as a teen listening wide-eyed to the juicy testimonies of ex-bad guys at revival camps, and then thinking my own life and faith were kind of...boring? 

These testimonies are hugely problematic because they lump in all kinds of "sins", whether there were any victims or not. The sinful lifestyle ranges from being gay, or taking drugs, to exploiting women as a pimp or even murder. Those are all presented as equally bad, and that's messed up. Because I might consider dating an ex-addict who had a rough start in life, but not a man who "used to be gay" (lol), and CERTAINLY not a rapist. But for believers, a clean slate is a clean slate.

2 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

The internet is forever, Tim.

timrobertson.png

I just realized something. He said she worked in a strip club. Yes, she could've been a stripper but she could've also been a waitress or bartender! Not everyone who works in a strip club is a stripper. So his mentioning where she works is even crazier. Who the fuck cares where she works? This guy makes me so angry. 

25 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

And why is this being called another Duggar scandal? It really has nothing to do with them. 

Because without the Duggar connection, this story is complete non-news. Neither Tabitha nor Tim are remotely famous, so why would the general public care that some random dude who anally raped a woman in 1999 is getting married? The Duggar connection is really the only angle InTouch has here.

From the InTouch article:

“That is something that happened in my past,” Timothy says, insisting he was “falsely accused” of the crime.

Of course it happened in his past - anything that has ever happened to anyone happened in their past.  Duh.

And it's interesting that he's stating that it happened while also claiming he was "falsely accused".  Which is it, Tim?

I find it hard to believe that a woman laying face down on her bed after drinking, followed by "something that happened", followed by a call to the police, was consensual.  I've heard of people getting the munchies after marijuana use, but have never heard of anyone wanting to be sodomized following alcohol use.  Am I getting too old and stodgy?  Out of touch with the modern world?

Don't even get me started on his mother.

What a fucking piece of garbage. 

Everyone here has basically said all the things I am thinking.

Their religion/culture/whatever is disgusting. There is no accountability at all. It's sick.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just realized something. He said she worked in a strip club. Yes, she could've been a stripper but she could've also been a waitress or bartender! Not everyone who works in a strip club is a stripper. So his mentioning where she works is even crazier. Who the fuck cares where she works? This guy makes me so angry. 

I also just thought of something. Isn't Tabitha's father, Dr Paine, one of the heads of IBLP? How the hell did Timmy pass his approval?? I understand people can truly change and can have second chances and all, non Christian or Christian (true repentance). I can't say whether he has truly changed since I don't  know him personally, but the fact that him (and his mom) are downplaying the whole thing (a serious serious crime) points to some possible serious BS. 

5 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Yikes, look like this made it on the Daily Mail. A garbage news source but huge readership... 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4156268/Duggar-tutor-engaged-man-convicted-raping-woman.html

Wow it's spreading like fire now!

7 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Yikes, look like this made it on the Daily Mail. A garbage news source but huge readership... 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4156268/Duggar-tutor-engaged-man-convicted-raping-woman.html

And the Daily Fail makes the Bates connection.

They got into a situation? What does that even mean? When Mr. Wolf and I were in England, we used to say, "It must be true. It's in the Daily Mail."

4 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I also just thought of something. Isn't Tabitha's father, Dr Paine, one of the heads of IBLP? How the hell did Timmy pass his approval??

Quite easily.  Dr. Paine is on the board of IBLP and has been heavily involved in covering up the sexual abuse allegations there.  See the IBLP lawsuit.

What's another sexual assault to Stephen Paine? - Business as usual. 

So I've been very drunk sometimes but I never happened to get into a situation in which any of my body parts accidentally entered anyone's anus. I guess I got lucky huh.

Well after all this, if she still goes through with the wedding, frankly she deserves him. 

I would love to hear Krista Gay's take on this. She no doubt knows Tabitha, but may have been in NY when the getting to know you & courtship took off. 

I wish those articles included some of the negative responses- they made excellent points. Why even share a 'testimony' if you're going to gloss over the actual sin? 

I agree that the article making the Duggar connection is a bit of a stretch, but I do think it is worth it to keep hammering home the point that the Duggars belong to a dangerous cult that provides a safe haven for sexual predators.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived