IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

I've made sure to mention that my roommate worked in a strip club so you know she was a slut and she deserved it. One day she was blackout drunk and all alone, so I raped her. Probably not for the first time! Blackouts are so convenient that way. This time her boyfriend came home and I got caught.

He is such a piece of shit. :my_angry: I really hope someone calls him out on mentioning that she worked in a strip club since it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY. 

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

He is such a piece of shit. :my_angry: I really hope someone calls him out on mentioning that she worked in a strip club since it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY. 

Sure it does, in fundie-land, in this context- see, it's OK for him to marry Tabitha because...

1. He had premarital sex- the sin in fundie eyes, rape-schmape- BEFORE finding Jesus and screaming "BASE!"*

2. Anyway, even if you're a little concerned about rape, it's cool because Tabitha is a Good Woman and the woman he raped was a hoooor who deserved it. Good women don't get raped so it's fine.

*I swear they treat Jesus like base in hide-and-go-seek.

I wonder if she views this as her last opportunity to get married and have a family because of her age and so is willing to look past things like this.

Yet the rape victim would never be marriage material in this cult no matter how great her testimony is. 

So how long do we think those comments calling him out  will last on his page before he deletes them or the whole post? 

Ugh what a piece of shit! The stripper led me down the garden path and then didn't want to admit that she did something wrong. More like I raped a woman who could not give consent and probably didn't want to be with me because I was always a creeper fucker. Don't care what you work as, no one deserve to get raped. This cult sucks! 

34 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

I wonder if she views this as her last opportunity to get married and have a family because of her age and so is willing to look past things like this.

I think this might be the case here...

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

I love my Keurig. I drink a lot of tea, and the mister a lot of coffee, and I much prefer making them a cup at a time than wasting on whole pots. 

That said, we use reusable cup thingies and just use regular tea or coffee. The cups are too expensive. 

Edit: should have refreshed the page. Now that we are sure it is the same guy: What an asshole. 

I find the reusable cup thingies too messy. Love my Keurig.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

After reading the story it is pretty clear the Paines probably knos and thinks him as the victim of an ebil woman.  

This is sick. No way I would endorse this shit if it were my DD. Fuck the wedding registry, it's the sex offender registry that matters. Women, particularly single women, aren't valued worth a damn in that culture. Marrying any old body is better than remaining single. That is some women-hating destructive shit right there. UGH! GAH! BARF!

19 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

I think this might be the case here...

And it's sad because in the "real" world many women are just starting to consider getting married at her age. 

Comment by Jennifer: 

"You allocuted to Criminal Sexual Conduct - Third Degree. That means either you used force to overpower your victim or your victim was too incapacitated to give consent. 

Which one was it?"

Infuriating for the victim that he's whitewashed his crime publicly and gets away with it from his family/friends. NOT surprising, just so maddening. 

Total BS! Why would he say yes to a plea deal and be put on a sex offenders list if he was innocent? 

And Tabitha stands by his side... Open, sincere heart...as if! 

Skjermbilde 2017-01-24 kl. 22.27.01.png

I lived with a young lady who worked in a strip club and her boyfriend. One day after drinking all day and part of the night, the girl and I ended up in a situation together because her boyfriend had left to get food.

Dude - the "situation" you're alluding to didn't happen because her boyfriend left to get food.  And of course you were "together"...there would be no "situation" otherwise.  This doesn't necessarily mean that she had wanted to be part of it, chose it, or in any way agreed to it.  Even if she had (which I doubt), then shouldn't you have known and done better?  You apparently had your head together enough to scurry out of the room when her boyfriend came home, so I find it kind of hard to believe that it wasn't operating at some usable level, a short while sooner, as the "situation" was unfolding.  Is everyone else really to blame here?  What did the boyfriend find when he went to her?  Why did he call the authorities vs. taking another approach?  And why wasn't the case dropped?

I don't know Tabitha, but I'm afraid for her.

31 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

Total BS! Why would he say yes to a plea deal and be put on a sex offenders list if he was innocent? 

And Tabitha stands by his side... Open, sincere heart...as if! 

Skjermbilde 2017-01-24 kl. 22.27.01.png

It's probably not an open sincere heart as long as he denies he did anything wrong. If he said, I raped a woman and i'm really sorry...But sorry, "she's a stripper" does not cut it as an excuse.

Yep. His testimony is full of excuses. He blames everyone and everything. Drugs, drinking, Adams sin, his dad, the boyfriend, the lawyer, the stripper, blah blah blah. Fuck this guy. 

Tabitha: watch out. Anytime something goes wrong in his life he will blame the closest person. Which will probably be you.

The thing I'm most afraid of is that this is essentially the honeymoon phase of the relationship. This guy is still being watched by everyone, and the wedding can still be cancelled. He is behaving to make a good impression. But the thing is, once they get married, this guy is no longer going to feel this way, because in her community, "marriage is forever." He knows he can do whatever he wants when the ink is dry and she can never leave him. His testimony reeks of narcissism, and as we all know, there is no cure for that.

Tabitha (or family members), if you ever read this, please take what I'm about to say to heart. A lifetime spent as a single, childless woman is 100x better than a lifetime spent with this man (or any man with a history of abuse). You don't know it yet, but please trust me. Run away.

Tim, do you honestly expect everybody to believe you? Take your faux story and testimony and stick 'em up your perverted ass. Tabitha is way out of your league.

Uggggh this makes me sick for Tabitha. I can't believe that someone who is supposedly so prominent in the cult would be matched with this rat. As gross and abhorrent as their beliefs are, I feel badly for her. "Good/perfect/wonderful" Chad must not be so perfect if he is so entrenched in the cult that he would sit idly by as his sister gets married to a creep. Her dad is obviously a jerk, but I always have hope that the younger generations wake up. But, alas, that is fundiedom. 

9 minutes ago, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

Uggggh this makes me sick for Tabitha. I can't believe that someone who is supposedly so prominent in the cult would be matched with this rat. As gross and abhorrent as their beliefs are, I feel badly for her. "Good/perfect/wonderful" Chad must not be so perfect if he is so entrenched in the cult that he would sit idly by as his sister gets married to a creep. Her dad is obviously a jerk, but I always have hope that the younger generations wake up. But, alas, that is fundiedom. 

I wonder whether Chad was the one who introduced them.  Doesn't Tim live in Tennessee?  Maybe through church?

Wow, this "confession" has everything--victim-blaming, the fallen temptress, drugs and alcohol, "repentance," no mention of counseling or rehabilitation, and "the devil made me do it." Here's the thing: sexual assault is hard to prove. Even in clear cases, with a flawless plaintiff and direct physical evidence, the odds of getting a conviction are not in the victim's favor. If his attorney told him to sign a plea deal, there must have been a great deal of evidence--this is especially true given the victim's profession. While they shouldn't matter one iota, we know that it can sway juries to acquit when an attorney can paint the accuser in a bad light. 

23 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder whether Chad was the one who introduced them.  Doesn't Tim live in Tennessee?  Maybe through church?

Good point. Per his LinkedIn, he works at Clown College as a security guard (which shows how much of a joke it is if they hire a sexual offender to keep their students safe). Probably run in the same circles.  It's things like this that just reiterate how dangerous these people are. As normal and fun as Chad and Erin, plus all the Bateseses, they are condoning and celebrating this man and signing over their daughter/sister to him. It's really, truly despicable! 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Tabitha is beautiful and fundie royalty. There are many eligible fundie bachelors, including some who are Tabitha's age

:dontgetit:

Sadly, many girls that were taught to serve all their lives take take way too much pride in being selfless. I have no doubt marrying Tim is earning her some major "sainthood" points in her circle of believers. "Wow, what a godly woman Tabitha Paine is. Out of all her suitors, she accepted God's will to be Tim's wife. She is such a mirror of God's grace and forgiveness". 

If that's the case, then Chad isn't the nice guy everybody is singing praises about. Keep it up Bates and Paines. Your true colors are shining through. They are not beautiful, nobody will like it, and you should be afraid to let the show. You have that lawsuit hanging over your heads.

6 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

Sure it does, in fundie-land, in this context- see, it's OK for him to marry Tabitha because...

1. He had premarital sex- the sin in fundie eyes, rape-schmape- BEFORE finding Jesus and screaming "BASE!"*

2. Anyway, even if you're a little concerned about rape, it's cool because Tabitha is a Good Woman and the woman he raped was a hoooor who deserved it. Good women don't get raped so it's fine.

*I swear they treat Jesus like base in hide-and-go-seek.

It absolutely is important to the story! Because being a stripper means she was asking for it right? And she deserved whatever he claims supposedly didn't happen because women are also liars. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived