IGNORED

Tickling the Ivories - Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

choralcrusader8613

12 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I was recently in North Carolina, where I was informed that there are no hard alcohol sales after 9pm Sat night til on Sunday after church is out.  Wow, NC, policing your citizens a bit..?!  Loosey-goosey citizens cannot be trusted to not be drunk/hungover and subtly pushing them to attend church?

Geeze, it was a weird vibe....

Here in good old Indiana, we still can't buy alcohol on Sundays, unless it's a carryout from a small brewery. Talk about backwards.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In SC we can only buy liquor from 10am-7pm Monday-Saturday. You can only buy it in liquor stores. 

You can buy beer/wine on Sundays but thats it. 

22 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Someone should chime in with Utah's liquor laws, they are crazy.

I've skimmed it on Wikipedia and for sure they are crazy. Zion curtains, no ordering alcohol before ordering the meal on restaurants... It's looksi like a sharia law paradise

You gotta love this Connecticut blue law  ca 1700's

#38 on the list  The selectmen, on finding children ignorant, may take them away from their parents, and put them into better hands, at the expense of their parents.

How many fundies would lose custody of their kids this way??

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

You gotta love this Connecticut blue law  ca 1700's

#38 on the list  The selectmen, on finding children ignorant, may take them away from their parents, and put them into better hands, at the expense of their parents.

How many fundies would lose custody of their kids this way??

Number 46 is cooler. "A married male who has a beard, cannot kiss his wife publicly on the sabbath day". Why?

8 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Number 46 is cooler. "A married male who has a beard, cannot kiss his wife publicly on the sabbath day". Why?

So many good ones. Can't figure that one out.  Seems very random.  

43 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I've skimmed it on Wikipedia and for sure they are crazy. Zion curtains, no ordering alcohol before ordering the meal on restaurants... It's looksi like a sharia law paradise

Oh my oh my oh my...Utah definitely takes it to the next level!

2 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

Its true. In Pennsylvania, you can only buy beer at state beer stores, wine and liquor at separate state stores, and both close early. Several counties are totally dry, meaning restaurants have to compete for limited BYOB licenses. All the bars and clubs in Pittsburgh (which has a pretty active night scene) close by 2:30.

This is 1 good thing about Iowa, you can by beer, wine, vodka, Whiskey at Kum n Go (yes we have a convenience store called Kum n Go) CVS, Target, WalMart, Hy-Vee, Fareway (local grocery store chains) anywhere really. sure the hours are restricted but it is 1 stop shop, gas diapers, milk booze, guns ammo, what more can you ask for? 

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Whiskey at Kum n Go (yes we have a convenience store called Kum n Go)

I just.... wow... you'd think the business license people may make enough faces when registering that to suggest atleast the correct spelling of "come" so its less squicky... 

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This is 1 good thing about Iowa, you can by beer, wine, vodka, Whiskey at Kum n Go (yes we have a convenience store called Kum n Go) CVS, Target, WalMart, Hy-Vee, Fareway (local grocery store chains) anywhere really. sure the hours are restricted but it is 1 stop shop, gas diapers, milk booze, guns ammo, what more can you ask for? 

Two things... Kum and go... Really? And the other, please,  tell me your joking with the guns

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I just.... wow... you'd think the business license people may make enough faces when registering that to suggest atleast the correct spelling of "come" so its less squicky... 

And this is the one big reason that I hate things spelled wrong on purpose. they took it to the next level. (I've seen one before). Luckily they aren't in my current neck of the woods.

6 hours ago, emscm said:

I think the laws of where beer, wine, or liquor can be sold vary by state. I currently live in a state where you can get beer at the grocery store, but used to live in a state where you had to buy all of the above at a liquor store only. How late alcohol can be served by an establishment with a liquor license varies by county here. In my county it's 2 am but the next county over is 4 am.

It varies municipality by municipality, actually.  It's so stupid.  

23 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

We always called the Kum n Go the 'Sperm and Split' or the 'Ejaculate and Evacuate.' :pb_lol: It was too much for teenagers to handle maturely (and most adults, for that matter :pb_biggrin:) I actually have a photograph (printed out, because this was back in ye olde days) of the sign to show people who don't believe that there's a business called that. 

Lord every time the thread goes "hot" I panic that Jinger is pregnant LMAO. But y'all are just in here talking about booze :) 

I sometimes forget what it's like to not be able to buy booze pretty much EVERYWHERE (even the dollar store sells cigs and rotgut). I grew up in PA where you could only buy it at the liquor store. Here in Michigan... anywhere. Anytime. 

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Two things... Kum and go... Really? And the other, please,  tell me your joking with the guns

Super Wal Mart, they don't sell hand guns but hunting riffles at least. What was that movie where Natalie Portman lived in one?  You can, you can literally go get your car worked on, get a hair cut, shop for groceries, buy booze, ammo, clothes, hunting licenses (at least in Iowa) all in 1 convenient place.  And yes, it is all kinds of disturbing.  Now not all stores the stores sell guns, but your more rural ones do, the 1 I can get to in Des Moines, doesn't sell guns but on about 30 miles south (I live in between) does. 

Kum & Go they have been around for as long as I can remember, and yes we still make fun of the name. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

We always called the Kum n Go the 'Sperm and Split' or the 'Ejaculate and Evacuate.' :pb_lol: It was too much for teenagers to handle maturely (and most adults, for that matter :pb_biggrin:) I actually have a photograph (printed out, because this was back in ye olde days) of the sign to show people who don't believe that there's a business called that. 

We called it the fuck & duck. 

UT (Utah) liquor law are crazy stupid. It doesn't help that the LDS church has influence over government in UT though. 

Edit: Clarify what UT is for international peeps that don't know. We're not a popular US state. 

Just now, PennySycamore said:

@BackseatMom,  I am amazed that Pennsylvania would have dry counties.  I thought that was a Southern thing.

I have relatives in Mass, there are 8 dry towns there. Apparently it used to be 20 in the early 2000s! 

Where I live, we have a lockout law. Meaning once you leave an establishment after the certain time (usually 1am) - you're locked out. For the patrons who remain inside the pub/club, they usually close at 3 or 4. They used to close much later.

In my heyday, I remember staying out until the club closed at 6am and then stumbling to get breakfast as the sun rose. Good times.

In Arkansas there's no alcohol on Christmas....what kind of Christmas is that?!?!?!

And my family aren't really heavy drinkers. And we're pretty devout Christians (most of us anyways) 

2 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

In Arkansas there's no alcohol on Christmas....what kind of Christmas is that?!?!?!

I didn't live in Ark., but we couldn't get alcohol on Christmas. Heck, they didn't even allow grocery stores to sell wine until about a year ago. We just did our best to buy early. My family also started stocking up for the holidays at the beginning of November, too. :P

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived